Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hummer H3 Lease Questions

Comments

• I had a dealership tell me that they cannot lease 06 models anymore. I know the lease special is over, but does that mean 06s can't be leased. Sounded odd.

Anyway, I am going to a different dealership on Thursday. Anyone got any offers lately on 06s or 07s? Thanks!
  • You're very welcome, davese.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Unfortunately, joeycap, Hummer's lease rates are different than its special financing rates. Furthermore, General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. If you want to lease a Hummer H3 through GMAC, you will have to go with a 2007 model. The 2007 H3's base lease rate is currently 3.45%, which is pretty good, but not nearly as good as the 0% finance rate that is available for 5 years on the 2006 H3.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks for the additional information, davese. If you haven't finalized your deal on this truck yet, you're in luck. General Motors introduced $750 bonus cash on it at the beginning of the month. This cash will help you to negotiate an even more attractive selling price for this truck. Its base lease rate for a 36 month lease through GMAC is 3.45%. So work on getting a lower selling price and the 3.45% rate and you;re in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • :confuse: I am going to do this lease thing, how does this sound...I am trying to minimize payments, but too old to be interested in the shift thing. So I am looking at a base model with auto. Not anything special in other options. I have not gotten a specific vehicle price, yea so I no this is hard, but this is the best of 3 dealers I have contacted so far. NO trade, 2K down, 12000 MPY, 39 months.....$340.00 payment per month plus taxes. Then there are misc fees I don't understand at delivery...something about $595 GMAC "bank fee" and other misc that adds up to about $800.00. Is this normal? Otherwise, it is looking pretty descent to me...the lease novice. Off of MSRP, they seem to be discounting around $2900. Any help appreciated! :)
  • What you were told is true, davese. General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. If you want to lease you will have to either try to lease an '06 model through an independent bank or better yet lease an '07 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Congratulations on your new truck, tjones39. Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed description of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I can give you an idea of what the 2007 H3's lease program is like right now, lookingforh3. If you were to lease one through GMAC right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.45% and 60%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $750 bonus cash that General Motors is currently providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi John. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the H3 that you are leased. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. One, they will show me how much of a discount you were given on your truck. And two, they will enable me to use GMAC's actual lease program to estimate what its monthly payment should be. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi jchigg2000. If you want to lease an H3, you don't really have a choice. General Motors is no longer providing lease support on the 2006 model. You'll have to go with an '07. I would be happy to give you an idea of how much this truck will cost to lease if you provide me with its approximate selling price. The GMID certificate is given by General Motors to its employees. Each employee can give out a select number of certificates to their friends and family. The certificate allows the holder to purchase a new GM vehicle at its employee purchase price, which is less than they would have to pay if they had negotiated a deal on their own. If you don't know someone who works for GM, you are going to have a tough time getting a certificate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • billhibillhi Posts: 3
    Lease
    Looks good to me...can you please comment..thanks.
    THIS IS FOR 15K MILES PER YEAR
    term 39 months
    rate 3.45
    msrp 37510
    lease amount 35732
    rebate 750
    customer cash 2500
    Total cap cost 36327
    ner cap cost 34053
    residual 57%
    residual amount 21380
    base payment 405.75
    total payment 439.22
  • Hey BillHi,

I just leased a new 2007 Hummer H3X in Columbus yesterday for my wife.

The H3x is a new model special edition. It includes heated monogrammed seats, all leather, lots & lots of chrome and luxury features. The H3X lists for $37,545.00. Other Extras I got include the Nav radio, 4 spd. auto tranny, power sunroof, trailer hitch & wiring and XM Sat. radio.

I signed a 39 month lease for $506 per month (includes taxes) and only put down the 1st months payment and use tax/registration fees-total out of pocket was $685.00

This is for 10,000 miles per year (she only drives about 8K per year)

Here are the numbers.

MSRP----------------43,215
    Discounted price of-40,115
    GMAC Admin. Fee----- 595
    Sales Tax OHIO------ 1200

Cap Cost of---------41,910
    Consumer Rebate----- 750
    ADjusted Cap Cost---41,160
    Residual of 61%
    Residual amount of--26,361

I think I got a great deal and she is very, very happy with the Bright Red color with all the chrome!

Rock78
  • Hi johnnyd5555. GMAC's base lease rate for the 2007 Hummer H3 is currently 3.45%. As long as your credit is in good shape and you paid a security deposit, it looks like the dealer that you got your truck from marked its rate up by 1% to add additional back-end profit to your deal. As far as this truck's price goes, a base 2007 Hummer H3X has a spread of $3,000 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. Plus, GM is providing $750 bonus cash on it right now. That gives us a total of around $3,750 to play with. You were given a discount of $2,215 on your H3. This is around $1,500 over invoice, which isn't bad but might be able to be beaten if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. So you didn't get a bad deal, but it's not the best deal that I have seen either.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi lsulaw52. This late in the model year many manufacturers stop providing lease support on leftover models. This is because vehicles' residual values fall as the model year progresses. This late in the model year 2006 models' residual values are so low that it would be too expensive for manufacturers to put enough lease support on them to provide attractive lease payments. You may still be able to lease a 2006 Hummer through an independent bank, but if you want to lease you really would be better off leasing a 2007 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi squared22. It is normal to have to pay fees on leases at signing. Most banks charge consumers their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit that is equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, and a "bank" or "acquisition" fee. GMAC charges an acquisition fee of $595 on every vehicle that it leases.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on the specific leases that you were quoted if you provide me with the MSRPs and selling prices of the vehicles that you are interested in. These numbers will show me how much of a discount you are being given and they will enable me to use GMAC's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello billhi. The lease rate that you were quoted for this truck is right in line with GMAC's current program for it. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your vehicle's rate up to add hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Now let's take a look at this truck's selling price. I believe that the vehicle that you described has a spread of around $3,300 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $1,778. This is around $1,500 over dealer invoice. That is the same margin that the previous poster I responded to was quoted. If you are in an area that has a lot of dealerships, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat that price, but it's not bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Congratulations on your new truck, Rock78. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • looking at a 2007 H3 base package with sunroof,trailer package and adventure package is this a good deal
    msrp 35480
    final price 33480
    term 39 months 12000 miles
    rate 3.45 59%
    2200 down which includes 1st and fees
    monthly payment 391

thks
  • Hi Car Man,
    I am new to this site, visited my dealer before I found your site.

After reading info here on leasing, I am not feeling that great about the lease agreement I signed. I will not take ownership of the H3x until next week. Is it too late to modify the lease? They said they can not offer a discount on the H3x?? I had to pay full MSRP :confuse:

Here is the break down for my deal, I appreicate any input you can offer. :-)

THIS IS FOR 15K MILES PER YEAR on 2007 H3X
    term 48 months
    msrp 43,365
    lease amount 29710.24
    rebate 750
    customer cash 2775.13

monthly payment 557.13
  • Sir,

Please read the fine print on the lease---I wonder about the fact is that you have not taken final delivery of the vehicle as yet.

I think I'd call a lawyer to get his opinion.

Likewise, you could always "conveniently" find something "wrong with the vehicle." Meaning that once you've inspected it, that it doesn't contain an option or options that you were under the impression that was going to be included with the vehicle.

ERGO: Be dumb about how the whole process works.

I still think I'd call an lawyer for his opinion first.

Another thing you could do is to threaten to have this same attorney come back to the dealership with you to explain to the owner/sales manager how you have been duped by "mis-leading" statements during the sales process.

I am sure that if you put up enough of a stink, that the dealer will tear up the contract and let you out of it--especially if you feel you have been mis-lead during the sales process. It's cheaper for him to do that then to have him waste his time to argue, fight and waste more money in court.

Hope that helps.
  • Car_man question I test drove my 1st ride in a H3 Lux, Sunroof, Nav. I want to do a 27 Mo lease even if its a couple of bucks more just so I know I can get something new when I am bored. So the deal I got was 27Mo. 12K miles for $504 a mo. thats with tax in the state of Broward Co. FL. with $1,400 down. For what I am getting Lux, Sunroof, Nav. 27/12k is this a good deal? It seemed like when I told the guy I was not in a hurry to buy he said well what number are you looking for to do this deal so I fig what the hell take a shot so I said Low $500's So once he came down 60 buck I fig there is room to nog. Plus he said he'll give me a check for what I just paid my car payment this mo. Since I just told him I dont need to have 2 car payments till I sell mine in a couple weeks..So what is a fare price for what I am getting?
  • PS that was on a 07.. I didnt ask for the MSRP. but thos are the options I want and was givin
  • Hi Car Man,
    I am new to this site, visited my dealer before I found your site.

After reading info here on leasing, I am not feeling that great about the lease agreement I signed. I will not take ownership of the H3x until next week. Is it too late to modify the lease? They said they can not offer a discount on the H3x?? I had to pay full MSRP

Here is the break down for my deal, I appreicate any input you can offer.

THIS IS FOR 15K MILES PER YEAR on 2007 H3X
    term 48 months
    msrp 43,365
    lease amount 29710.24
    rebate 750
    customer cash 2775.13

monthly payment 557.13
  • Hi rebeldog. I believe that the dealer invoice price of the truck that you described is around $32,270. Plus General Motors is providing $750 bonus cash on this truck right now. This brings us down to right around $31,500. This is around $2,000 below the selling price that you were quoted. I don't know what the market is like for this truck in your area right now, but $2,000 is a lot of room to play with. If there is another Hummer dealer or two in your area, it wouldn't hurt to comparison shop to see if you can beat this price. The lease rate that you were quoted is right in line with this truck's current base lease rate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi oregonhumm. While the dealer that you are working with will probably try very hard to hold you to your signed agreement, you probably can still get out of this deal if you want to since you have not physically taken delivery of your new truck. Once you drive a vehicle off of the lot, it becomes a lot harder to get out of. I am not personally all that familiar with the market for the Hummer H3X, but I know that I personally would not pay full MSRP for one. Did you shop around at all? It wouldn't hurt to visit or call a couple more dealers to see if they would be willing to provide a discount on a similar truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • i'm shopping for an '07 h3, yellow, lux pkg, sun roof, auto, side rails, brush guard. that's essentially it. two dealers have now told me that I HAVE TO PAY THE ADVERTISING FEE. One quote was over $1000. One of those dealers swears up and down that it is a fee charged to them by GM and there's no way around it. any truth to this. sounds like a scam to me. anyone ever use the costco discount. on the above vehicle (with the ad fee included) one dealer said his invoice price was 34,668.75 and the msrp was 36,960/ this was a special build for delivery in about six weeks. my price would be $500 over invoice, minus the $750 rebate. my cost -- 34,418. is this a good deal?
  • Hi Car Man,

I am new to leasing and have done some research. Right now here's what I am looking at:
    39 month lease, 12,000 miles per year
    msrp: $36,650
    final price $34,900 (includes $750 rebate)
    $5,200 down
    rate 4.45%, .61 residual
    $363 month.

I think I should try to get the rate to 3.45 % would you agree, & would you change anything else?
  • I was wondering if I can get the details on an '07 H3 MSRP of $33,355 and $35,535 (trying to decide which one). I want to go with 27 months 15K per year. I live in the Buffalo/Rochester area of NY, and I have heard we have some bonus cash on the table. Can you let me know the residuals and money factor.
    Also, is there any way for me to find the residuals and money factors online? It would be so much easier if there was a site to find this.
    Thanks.
  • Hi Car_Man I'm getting ready to buy an H3X, hopefullt this coming week. Is GMAC's lease rat still 3.45? I have excellent credit and just want to be prepared when I go to the dealership this week...thanx
  • Hey guys and gals!

I just wanted to chime in and announce the newest addition to the family. A healthy 4700lb. Jet Black 2007 H3.

I got the 2007 base model with all the options below plus a no charge dealer added custom pinstriping with H3 logos on the two side air intakes (looks great!), upgraded floor mats/cargo mats and dark window tinting.
    Base H3 $29,405.00
    Automatic 1,695.00
    Roof Rail Airbag 495.00
    Towing Package 390.00
    XM Sat-Radio 325.00
    TOTAL MSRP: $32,310.00
    Destination $ 590.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE $ 32,900.00

The GM Supplier Price was $30,350.16 according to the dealer (About $2,600.00 off MSRP)

I live in TX and we pay a whopping 6.25% sales tax which was $1850.00

So after getting the GM Supplier discount and adding the sales tax, tags and titles and a few other small fees jacked the total price to $32,450.00 Minus $750 GM cash and my $1,600 cash down payment I was left with $30,106 to finance.

I got out the door with $360.00 a month for 39 mth Smart Buy plus the $750 GM cash back discount. Plus I'm getting a few free oil changes and discounted oil changes and another free tank of gas when I bring it back to the dealer.

I'm really happy with the Hummer H3. My wife freaked, I surprised her with it, we had been looking and she test drove one and she liked it. I told her I'd have to do some more research before committing to any deal.

I'm getting some aftermarket chrome nerf bars tomorrow. I'm taking it down to Houston and the warehouse is there so I can get'em on the Hummer tomorrow. Can't wait, those black beauties look sweet with the chrome nerf bars under them.

I recently found this forum, it was a big help and thanks to all who've helped me get the facts and take the plunge.

Happy holidays everyone, looks like mine is going to be just a little sweeter this year.
This discussion has been closed.