Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions

Comments

• Hey car_man,

Can you help me out? I'm looking to lease a 2013 Santa Fe sport 2.0T awd
    With the tech and leather package.

Terms 36 month/15,000 miles a yr
    Msrp $35,645
    Invoice $33,965
    Purchase price $32,665
    Money down would be $500 plus first month payment
    Ny state taxes 8.875

Can you give me an idea of what I should expect to be paying a month on a lease with these terms and taxes rolled in to the payments. Thank you!
  • Hi Car_man, everyone

Here's the deal I was offered:
    2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD Leather and Premium Package
    Mud guards
    Wheel locks
    Carpeted cargo mat
    Cargo cover screen

MSRP 33255
    Term = 36mo
    Miles = 12,000/yr
    Sales price = 29,500 (includes 500 lease rebate)
    MF = .00114
    Residual = 59% (19620.45)
    Down payment = 1000
    DMV - 277.50
    Doc fee = 75
    Acq Fee = 595
    Long Island tax = 8.625%

Monthly payment 377.19

I feel like there's something wrong w/ the math I'm being given. Can you please advise
    Thanks!
    Eugene
  • Hi Car_man,
    I am looking to lease a 2013 Santa Fe 2.0T, AWD with Leather and Tech package with no money down (except standard lease closing costs) in CT. Our state sales tax rate is 6.35%.
    MSRP= $34,800
    Destination. 845
    Total. $35,645
    12,000 miles/year
    CT sales tax 6.35%
    36 months
    $0 down payment (except for out of pocket fees - registration, lease acquisition, etc)

Looking to close before March 30.

Thanks,
    Ken
  • maphotomaphoto Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a 2013 Santa Fe 2.0T FWD with Leather package. MSRP is $28245, will be purchasing for $26,500. $0 down, looking for a 36 month lease @ 12k per year. CA sales tax is 9%
  • eturbo4eturbo4 Posts: 2
    CAR_MAN, king of all moderators (I mean it sincerely), I'm kicking around for any lease info on the Limited but there are so few in stock (Georgia's biggest Hyundai dealer has ... three of them, each already reserved) I don't know if there even a formal program just for GLS/Limiteds or if the $500 of lease case on the other trims applies. Anyone else who has tried to lease one of these things I'd really appreciate a capital cost number - I suspect demand/no inventory means these things are moving at very close to sticker (above sticker? For a Hyundai? Could it be?) until more inventory hits the lots... Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi is_status. Let's work up a payment on this vehicle for you and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD that has an MSRP of $35,645 and a selling price of $32,665 through Hyundai Finance right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $404.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Ken. This vehicle's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you negotiate. If you provide me with that figure, or at least its dealer invoice price, I would be happy to work up a payment on it for you. You can find the dealer invoice price for this truck over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks eturbo4 :blush: .

I believe that the $500 cash incentive is available on leases of all 3012 Santa Fe models. You're right, given the fact that the Santa Fe is brand new you may not be able to find any great deals on it for a couple of months. Don't worry though, they will eventually come. The halo effect of a new model doesn't last very long in the super competitive U.S. auto market.

Car_man
    Host
  • eturbo4eturbo4 Posts: 2
    So you've not seen specific residuals or MFs for GLS or Limited? Dealer came back to me with this set, which, based on what you've posted on top-tier credit for other Santa Fe trims, seem a bit modest:

They said:
    Term: 36 months
    Miles: 36,000 miles
    Money Factor: .00130
    Residual: 57%
    Lease cash available: $500

Other Santa Fes seem too have higher residuals and lower MFs... thanks if you know anything.
  • Thanks Car Man,
    The invoice is for this car is $33,662 and the Edmunds true market value is $33,129.
  • Car Man.
    I would appreciate the April lease numbers for 2013 Limited, AWD.
    15,000 miles please.
    This will help me determine the need for financing vs lease.

Thanks a bunch.
  • surfdexsurfdex Posts: 2
    I was quoted $30,900 or $399, 36 month 12/k miles $0 down lease for a 2013 FWD 2.OT Sport with Tech and Leather/Premium packages. Does this sound reasonable?
  • surfdexsurfdex Posts: 2
    Turns out it is a demo with 3,500 miles on it. Should I push back on the $30,900?
  • rokmcrokmc Posts: 1
    Could you tell me where you received the lease deal? I am planning to lease Santa Fe 2.4 with tech package.
    Hi car_luver1. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Santa Fe Limited AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle right now. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • I leave in Staten Island,NY. I am trying to put little out of pocket and get a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe sport 2.0 t awd or the regular awd with the tech package . Can anyone tell me how much I would be roughly paying month I'm looking to do a 36 month lease 12k miles. I don't want to spend more than $400 a month
  • akelaonakelaon Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Hi Car_man,

Would you please let me know the May 2013 money factors and residuals for a Santa Fe Limited FWD...36 months lease with 12000 miles/yr also for 15,000 miles/yr.

Many thanks,
    HJ
    Hi akelaon. Hyundai Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Santa Fe Limited FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00137 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • drewauby5drewauby5 Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man, I was wondering if you could tell me the money factor and residual on a 2013 Sante Fe FWD 2.0T??? Thanks in advance
  • lino9671lino9671 Posts: 3
    Hello, Im looking to lease a 2013 Hyundai Sante Fe Limited AWD , FULLY LOADED. Need at least 18,000 miles per year. My local dealer offered me for a 3 year lease $398 per month. However, thats with trading my 2011 Toyota Highlander . The trade in value he was giving me is $24,000 minus $16,000 owed would give me $8,000 back in equity. I get to keep $2500 from that equity. To sum it up, with all fees,taxes,etc 3 year lease 18,000 miles a year with $5500 down is $398 per month. Do you think it is a good deal? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.