Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions

Comments

• fred144fred144 Posts: 22
    You probably need another $1500 down.
  • joshcs1joshcs1 Posts: 9
    When I go to lease, should I go for lowest monthly or lowest total cost first?
  • From what I've read, it's best to negotiate the price of the vehicle first. Then work on your payment from there
  • jdb44jdb44 Posts: 2
    Should have brought you with me. Should I feel hosed?
    See what they want a month and then tell them what you are willing to pay.
    Example: if you get a price with tax at $300 a month, tell them you want it for $250 (w/ tax included) and see where you go from there. I originally went in for a limited non turbo and when we decided on color they had it in a turbo and it was supposed to be $10 more a month. The residual was 2% better and after adding wheel locks, mudguards, bumper applique, tire/road hazard warranty, and paint and leather sealant, my payment was $20 less a month.
  • hb_jphb_jp Posts: 4
    Just leased a 2.0 T in Pacific Blue no Nav. $23740 gross cap cost. The dealer ate some of the DMV fees so the deal ended up being $600 drive including 1st mo's pymnt of $279. I didn't qualify for any rebates and didn't trade anything in. I'm happy to be done shopping and now driving!
  • tetovaritetovari Posts: 22
    Congrats . Sounds like a good deal. How many miles a year ?
  • hb_jphb_jp Posts: 4
    Thanks! It's not bad, selling price was $23,100 and it's a 3yr/12k mi lease. It's a beautiful car for the money.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Yes, edgar, it is true that banks set vehicles' residual values and dealers aren't really able to alter them. The percentages are of vehicles' full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options.

Vehicles' base money factors are set by banks but dealers are sometimes allowed to mark them up to add additional back-end profit to deals.

Negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey edgar. I have not seen anything on a lease program for the Sonata Hybrid yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi spinejack. Hyundai Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sonata Turbo Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00031 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_man!
  • Sadly, I couldn't wait any longer for the Sonata Hybrid. We ended up getting a Camry Hybrid with Moonroof/Navi package (includes leather, bluetooth, fog lights, etc.), plus floor mats and rear spoiler. 36 month lease with 15,000 miles/year. Residual is 18,022. MSRP is 33,683 and we negotiated a cap cost of approx. 30,800ish. The lease money factor is .00001 (very good, yes?). With $3957 down our monthly is $316.00. Pretty good??
  • paulja1paulja1 Posts: 1
    Considering lease of 2011 Sonata Limited with mats, net, wheel locks, MSRP 26495. Hyundai dealer said lease terms for 36 mos., 15k miles would be MF=.00072 and residual 0.53. Wondering if that's right for Washington DC area and also what sort of fees (gap, acquisition) I should expect to be included in lease payments. I negotiated a sale price of about 23250, quoted payments of 322, seems a bit high. Help?
    I think you can get it under $300 w/ tax acquisition fee which should include gap. The residual should probably be closer to 55%. My deal on a limited turbo was better than that in PA. Check out the internet.
  • I'm looking for a turbo, no navi nothing special. I would like to be about 250-270 a month I have about 1k for out of pocket. Anyone know any dealers in the tri-state area giving good numbers on this lease? I'm in NY
  • sally8563sally8563 Posts: 10
    I live in Connecticut and went to the Meriden Hyundai
    2.0T
    15K/year
    1000 downpayment inc. first month, registration and other

$278/month

I went to 3 different dealerships, and this was the final and the best quote.
  • rcgellerrcgeller Posts: 66
    2011 Sonata 2.0T
    Wheel Locks
    Bumper Guard
    Trunk Tray
    All Weather Floor Mats
    First Years Oil Changes and Tire Rotations Free
    Rim and Tire Coverage Bumper to Bumper (flat tire, scratch rim, etc... even if its your fault, it gets replaced at no cost, no deductible, no copay-->Usually ~ $15 extra/mo but I am including it in my final number for those who really want to compare)

MSRP: $25,570
    Down Payment $0.00
    36months
    15,000 miles/year

Monthly Payment: $288.50
    I get all my cars a Fred Beans in Doylestown PA They are the best on price. I leased 2011 limited turbo. I went in for a limited non turbo and ended up getting turbo for $20 less month. The residual went from 55% to 57% on the turbo. I got $500 owner loyalty and they gave me a lot for my trade. I have the car 5 weeks today. MSRP was $28365 no navigation (my wife doesn't know how to use cruise control).
  • patsoxfanpatsoxfan Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    Let me know what you all think
    Limited no turbo no nav.
    msrp 26200
    price 23480
    owner loyalty -500
    money factor is .00031
    resid is 55%
    595 ac fee included

so now I have 3 ways
    2000k down