Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions

Comments

• rico84rico84 Posts: 7
    I was at Hyundai this past weekend and found out the residual and money factor for a
    2011 Sonata GLS w/pop equip at 36mon/12k/yr.
    Residual - 57%
    Money Factor (Lease Factor) - 0.0001
  • oxford9oxford9 Posts: 10
    I was given the exact same information with the addition that for 15k the residual drops to 56% and that these numbers are good until August 2, 2010.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I certainly do, rico84.

Hyundai Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sonata GLS with 15,000 miles per year are .00010 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Sonata SE are .00050 and 55%.

The '11 Sonata Limited numbers are .00050 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for, lionmilk.

Hyundai Finance's residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks oxford9 :blush: . Please look back two posts for the information that you're looking for.

The lowest residual values that I have seen mentioned for Hyundai Finance leases is 12,000 miles per year. Its 12k residuals are 1% higher than its 15k residuals. You can ask the dealer if they lease vehicles with fewer miles than that. They might offer a 10k lease, but I doubt that they do 5k.

Many banks do allow the pre-payment of leases in exchange for a reduction in the money factor that is used to calculate the interest portion of consumers' monthly payments. I have never heard of Hyundai offering such a program. The money factors on the 2011 Sonata are already so low that they really couldn't offer much of a reduction on them. You're probably better off going with a regular lease on this particular model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jlo1979. It's tough to provide an apples to apples comparison because Hyundai was not providing lease support on the Sonata last year. Having said that, if I recall correctly the company's lease program in August of last year was basically the same as it was in July.

Hyundai's current lease program on the 2011 Sonata is scheduled to run through the end of September. I don't expect the company to make any changes to it in August, but one never knows what will happen for certain until that time comes.

Car_man
    Host
  • rico84rico84 Posts: 7
    Car_man great thanks for the information.

I saw your post for the 12k mile 36 month lease on the gls and you said it is 1% higher on the residual. I received a quote last week and it was 57%, which is 2% higher. So, it sounds like your numbers will be in affect after August 2, 2010, which is when the current rates end. If thats true then that isn't much of a difference since I will be leasing soon, very soon :) ...Obviously this is just an assumption.
    You're welcome, rico84. I strongly suspect that Hyundai's current lease program for the Sonata will be the same in August as it is now, but we won't know for certain until that date arrives.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,830
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who recently got a new vehicle because of the great lease deal. Please send your daytime phone number and the car you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, August 6, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Car_Man,

What are the residuals and MF's for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS and SE for 36 months/15k miles year? Did anything change for August from July?

Thanks a bunch!
  • Hello:
    This is my first time in the forum and found it very instructive .I have never leased any car. I want a SE with Nav.The dealer offered me today a discount because of the Costco membership.From MSRP $26065 to the invoice price $24934.I asked for 0 down payment.
    MF: 0.00050
    Depr: 57%
    12000 miles/year,36 month
    Bank fee (capped):$695 ??????
    Dealer fee(capped) $599
    Adjusted cap cost $26228
    Monthly payment:$336.4 + Tax(7% Florida)=$359.95
    Amount due at start :$556 (359(First month)+$123(tag fee)+$66.5(Florida Fee))

I have read that some people have get this car for $23700.Besides that, can i get some discounts in the Fees?And the MF and Dep are correct for this month?Is so difficult to get it for $23700? The White Pearl need $200 extra payment?

I know there are a lot of questions but i wanted to share my experience and the data.
    Thanks to everybody.
  • jim_jjim_j Posts: 7
    :surprise:

SE and Limited are 5x on the money factor? wow. I mean they are quite low, but still...
    Also surprising that the limited residualizes a little better.
  • thebenzthebenz Posts: 30
    I've tried to read the prior questions but still would like these 3 explicit clarifications if possible.
    I want to sign a lease in August for the featured Sonata lease of $199/mo.
    .Given the low money factor I read (is it really $.0005 or less than 1 percent interest?) I don't think there's much room to negotiate terms with the dealer on the cost of the vehicle, correct?
    . However, has anyone negotiated no extra charge for 15K miles/year?
    . In CA, are the T, T & L fees equal to the full charge of buying the car, and if so, then rolled into the entire capitalized cost? If so, wouldn't this add another $80/mo. or so onto the quoted $199.99/month cost?
  • I was fascinated with your experience. I went to see a Dealer down here in Dallas earlier this week and I wanted to lease a 2011 Sonata, No NAV.. Just the strick SE package...
    Now mind you my credit is awesome..

They wanted 4K total upfront...
    325month...

I was like they right...
    So $0 down ... went to 410 mth... with 1500 for Tax Title....
    they would not even give me what the factor was... So for all I know my APR was like 12%.. I promise you my Credit is great..

I just got up and walked out...
  • kaya16kaya16 Posts: 2
    just left dealership in florida. I got 3yr 36k miles for 2011 sonata SE pacific blue no nav for $285/mo total with taxes here with $800 out the door for tag, title and another charge. Is this good? Would be my first car payment in 8 years so I am still hesitant. Should I be getting lower for SE?
  • just leased a 2011 sonata se on long island ny.

paying 225.18 a month total, walked out paying 1077(first month+sales tax+plate transfer+registration) for 12k a year for 36 months

basic se package with auto tranny
  • Hi first post on here. I was hoping I could have some advice for my upcoming lease attempt. First the back round information is that I drive a 1994 gmc van which gets about 8 miles to the gallon so the cost of gas is around 400 or 500 a month plus insurance which is around 100 I'm paying 500-600 a month for this car. I really can't afford to drive this car anymore since I have 2 kid's in private school which cost's 20k a year and I think I deserve to drive a much nicer car plus I dont need to drive such a large car

Basically I want to get the Hyundai sonata 1. too save money 2. to get a new car
    Dealing with point 1 I want to save money by switching to this car. I believe gas will cost 100 and insurance is 70 more so I am hoping to spend less than 250 per month for a 36 month lease. The thing is I have no extra money to put down on this car. I want to find out if this is pausable because the dealer I went to said it isnt but they are in the buisness of making money so I wanted a second opionion
  • haggardhaggard Posts: 63
    Seems like a pretty good deal, especially for an SE. I haven't had much luck getting to that number on a GLS here in PA. Can you share the name/town of the dealer and the other details of your deal.
  • it was actually for a gls automatic with the popular upgrade package.

atlantic hyundai on long island, google it.
  • Visited my first Hyundai dealership yesterday. Took a test drive in the stripped down Sonata. Was a nice ride, just a little to much road noise for me. My wife has been driving a cts for years.That's the price you pay for a economy car. Features where very nice for the list price.

The joke was the price I got quoted. $ 2500.00 down and $299.00 a month for 39 months. I did better with the 2011 Buick Regal. That had a sticker of 27,000.

I will shop around, I believe I can get a good deal from a dealer in Savannah.
  • jim_jjim_j Posts: 7
    that is a joke. the advertised price is 2400 down (inc 1st mo), 199/mo. unless you've got bad credit?
  • Hello,

Can someone please post the latest lease rates for the 2011 Huyndai Sonata?

24 month / 12k per year
    36 month / 12k per year

Thank you...
  • I am also interested in lease rates, however I'm interested specifically in the Sonata Limited, with and without nav, for 36 months 15,000 mi per year.

Thanks for any assistance...
    J
  • Hello: On my opinion you should go after $265.00,reducing the negotiated price to $21500. Please,next time ask for the detailed numbers.We need those numbers to be more accurate. Thanks .
  • One week later i went to another dealer looking for the same car SE with Nav.They offered me ;
    24984.00 Negotiated price
    699 dealer fee
    595 bank fee
    LEV : 56 % MF:0.00050
    With $0 down : $369.00
    Again,i think we can negotiate the price to 23700 and reduce the fees,at least the bank fee.I havent do it because i want to sell my car first, i dont like the trade in.Note:these is in Fl.
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    In no way am I critical of the sonata, but when I see $369 for a SE, doesn't that seem high? I just leased a camry XLE 6 cylinder with a $31200 MSRP for $309 a month, with just first payment down. That includes the tax (6.75%) and everything else. 15k miles a year for 3 years. And I'm not even sure I didn't get taken. Again, not knocking the sonata at all; the $369 tho seemed high to me. The money factor was .00001, and maybe the residual was higher percent, so maybe the $369 is quite reasonable.
  • Just leased an 11 Sonata GLS with options, MSRP 21885. Money factor was .0001.
    Trade and down Payment combined=2495
    Monthly payment, including RI sales tax (7%)=199/mo.
    considering the figures on the National deal, which was 2499 down, base GLS, not including sales tax and a payment of 199/mo., I think I did ok.
  • antoniusantonius Posts: 24
    edited September 2010
    Anyone know the current top tier MF and residual for a 2011 Sonata SE for Nevada?
  • The old lease offer on a 2011 Sonata expired yesterday. If there are none posted today does that mean there will be none this month? Or is there usually a few days in between? Or do I have to wait until October now for lease incentives?

Thanks.
  • I've just been offered a 36mo, 15K/yr lease for $289 incl tax. $1500 in upfront fees (bank fee, doc fee, reg, 1st mo). This feels like a good deal, but I'm not certain. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm in Northern NJ.
This discussion has been closed.