Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Tuscon Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi val6. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one. However, it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicle because consumers who do risk losing them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

The reason why you were quoted a 30 month lease is this is the term that Hyundai is promoting on this car right now. The lease money factor and lease cash that you were quoted for this lease are right in line with Hyundai's current lease program for it.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • val6val6 Posts: 2
    The sale price on my sheet is 21,164. Thanks
  • Thanks for the additional information, val6. OK, so you were quoted a selling price of $21,164 on a 2006 Hyundai Tucson that has an MSRP of $21,830. A base 2006 Tucson GLS 4WD has a spread of around $1,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You are only being given a discount of $666 on this truck. I personally would try to negotiate another couple hundred dollars off of its selling price and then have the dealer subtract any available cash incentives from that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • maxim49maxim49 Posts: 41
    Car_man - Can you please provide me the MF and residual for a 30 month lease and 12K miles a year for an 07 Tucson?

Thanks!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'd be happy to help you out, maxim49. Unfortunately, Hyundai is not currently running a special lease program on the 2007 Tucson. As a result, if you want to lease one you will either have to do so through an independent bank or use Hyundai Finance's standard lease program. Hyundai Finance's current standard buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00325 and I believe around 44%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to use the $1,000 customer cash (only $500 in Hyundai's Western region) to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Based on my calculations & research, the Tuscon and Hyundais in general don't hold their value well. It's residual is only 41% after 36 months. I'd end up paying somewhere between $300-$375 a month for the lease. That doesn't make any sense to me (I mean - why would someone want to do that?) I can lease a Honda CR-V for $277 or so based on a conversation today w/ a dealer. Am I missing something here? Is the money factor lower than .0028 or so? I'm not putting anything down on a car I lease so I dont have any further cap cost reduction other than the incentives or rebates. Does it basically come down to the fact that it's not worth leasing a car that has a low residual value?
  • I see some 2008's on dealer lots here in NJ.

Does anyone know the MF and residuals for 2008's, 36 mos. 12,000 miles/year?
  • 2008 Tucson GLS List $22,245 OUT DOOR $19115 Kansas City is this a good deal? 5 year bumper-bumper

2008 Honda CR-V LX List $21,335 OUT DOOR $20,035 3 yr bumper-bumper

In 3 years won't the Honda be worth more than the $920 diff

Need to do tomorrow
  • bdl202bdl202 Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man! Can you tell me the current terms for a 3 yr, 12,000 mile lease on a hyundai tuscon SE and the hyundai tuscon limited? Im loooking for residual value, money factor, any incentives (i.e. cash back), and what % below invoice you think is reasonable to haggle over. Thanks.
    Hi bdl202. Unfortunately I do not believe that Hyundai is currently providing any lease support on the 2008 Tuscon. As a result, you would probably better off financing or paying cash for one at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you have figures for leasing a 2010 Hyundai Tucson, 36 months, 12K miles?

Thanks!
  • I certainly do, timmboj. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tucson GLS AWD with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 57%, respectively.

The Tucson's lease program varies by trim level. You never mentioned the exact trim that you are interested in, so I had to guess. Let me know if you want the numbers for a different version of this vehicle.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $500 cash incentive that Hyundai is currently providing on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man,

Do you have figures for leasing a 2010 Tucson Limited, FWD, 36 months, 12K miles? Do the AWD figures differ significantly?

Thanks!
  • Hi Car_Man,

Do you have figures for leasing a 2010 Tucson Limited, FWD, 36 months, 12K miles? How do I do the computations to figure out what I should be paying?

Thanks!!
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    edited February 2010
    Oooh, sorry. I didn't realize. Limited trim please. And either FWD or AWD.

Thanks!
  • Hello cosanostra. Here's the information that you're looking for. Hyundai Motors Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tucson Limited FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Tucson Limited AWD are the same, but its residual value would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi brennerb. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

You can use either a lease calculator or the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate a lease payment on the vehicle that you want: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • No problem, timmboj. Please see my message two posts ago for the info on the Limited model.

Car_man
    Host
  • bodidbodid Posts: 87
    Carman,

Please give me residuals and MF for 2010 Tucson LTD with FWD, 36 months and the minimum miles/yr. I'm in New York.

Thanks,

Bo
  • annanycannanyc Posts: 4
    What dealer is this? I was quoted 330 on an EX-L and everyone said that's impossible, don't trust him.
  • When I try to use the edmunds calculator to recreate the lease offer Hyundai currently has on the Tuscon, I can't get the same numbers. I am putting in a money factor of 0.0018 and a residual value of 11850 (57%) but I get a monthly payment of $280. The offer is a payment of $239. How does that work?

Here is the offer from their website:

Lease a 2010 Hyundai Tucson 2.4 GLS FWD A/T for $239/month for 36 months, $2,499 due at lease signing ($2,260 customer cash down plus $239 for 1st month payment).

MSRP of $20,790.00 for 2010 Tucson (model #83402) including freight. Lease payment based on capitalized cost of $18,612.63. No security deposit required. Tax, license, title, fees, options and insurance extra. Monthly payments include $595 acquisition fee. Tucson closed-end lease offered through Hyundai Motor Finance (HMF). Subject to HMF credit guidelines. Not all lessees will qualify for lowest payment. Some payments higher, some lower based on residency and other factors. Lessee responsible for excess wear and mileage over 36,000 at $0.20/mile. Purchase option at lease end price negotiated at signing plus applicable tax. Residency restrictions apply. Dealer price may vary. See participating dealer for details.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,115
    I'd check the math... my quick, rounded off calculations give me within $2 of the $239/mo. number.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Does anyone have the numbers (residual/money factor)including any incentives for April? We are looking at a 36 mo, 12k year lease on a Limited Tucson that stickers at about 28,650

Thanks
    Hi Bo. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tucson Limited FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 55%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi amaltese81. I have seen Hyundai's April program and I'd be happy to help you out. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tucson Limited 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that Hyundai is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • jp0933jp0933 Posts: 5
    Can you please provide the figures on a Limited with AWD, 36 months, 15,000 miles.

Thanks
    I;d be happy to, jp0933. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tucson Limited AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi car-man,
    Would you be kind and provide me the lease info for 2010 Hyundai Tuscon GLS FWD.
    MSRP: $24,990 Auto. for 12K.

MF:?
    Res.?
    Min Drive off.
    Tax: 9.75%

Thank you
    Greetings to the appropriately named iwant2lease. Here's the information that you're seeking.

Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tuscon GLS FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 56%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • My wife is in the market for a new vehicle and has the 2011 Hyundai Tucson on her list ... Looking for the residual & mf for 36/month, 12k miles/year for both the GLS and the LIMITED FWD ... is the 24-month lease any different? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!