Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Tuscon Lease Questions

Comments

• Car_Man,

Thank you for your response - we ended up going with a Nissan Rogue - got the upgraded SV SL Premium Package - enjoying the ride very much!
  • Since i have been on & off of this site doing research for the past few months, i thought i'd update my progress for those interested.

I just leased a 2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS FWD with NOTHING DOWN except tax title license fees ($1,500) for $299 month with 12k miles yr/36 months.
  • swj66swj66 Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

I was hoping you might be able to help me out with the residual value and money factor for a 3yr, 12k miles per year, lease of a 2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS.

Also, what did you mean by saying that you're better off having the dealer cut a check for the equity in your trade instead of using it as a down payment? I have a car I plan to possibly trade in, but wasn't sure the best route to go. I could negotiate a trade in price with the dealer to reduce the cap cost or work as a down payment, or I could have carmax buy it outright and then either use the cash for the new lease as a down payment or just keep the cash for other uses (we're pregnant with our first child, so we'll have plenty of other uses).

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Sorry, I forgot one other question... Does Hyundai ever offer a 10K miles per year lease? And if so, does the money factor and residual change for that?

I work from home and know I will be coming in way under in my mileage, so it would be nice if I could get a better deal because of it. Thanks again!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi swj66. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tucson GLS AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00156 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You can and should have either the dealer that you are working with or CarMax cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

I'm not sure if Hyundai Finance offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does its residual value for that allowance would likely be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Awesome. Thanks Car_man!! This was a really helpful forum, and I'm glad I stumbled across it before leasing a new Tucson!
  • Hello everyone and thanks for all your awesome posts on this forum. We're looking to lease two Hyundais at the same time (good timing!). My fiance' likes the Tucson GLS FWD with no additional options, 15,000 miles a year and 36 month lease. Does anyone have any figures on this either from a purchasing experience or from the big man Car_man some numbers we can crunch?
  • I'm surprised that the money factor on the Tucson makes the lease payments for the less expensive GLS over $60 more than the Sonata 2.0t SE, a vehicle which costs more. Our lease payments for 15,000/36mo with $1,700 down would come out to $337 for the Tucson. sounds crazy a bit...May be a dealer breaker.
  • Here's my first attempt at getting a deal on the Tucson. Any thoughts? Do these calculations add up?

2011 Hyundai Tucson - GLS - FWD (in stock)

MSRP: $23,310
    Sales price: $21,848 (lease rebate of $500)

residual: $13,053.60
    money factor: .00168
    $1630 down (tax paid upfront in NJ)
    36months - $337
    15K lease
  • ukpaulukpaul Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

I am trying to lease a new Tucson Limited with Premium package either FWD or AWD. The dealer offered me .00232 and 55% residual, whereas you told swj66 the Hyundai rate for April for a GLS is .00156 and 58% residual.

Are the numbers different for a GLS and a Limited? Can you please tell me the correct Hyundai rate for a Tucson Limited 36 month 12,000 miles per year lease if I do the deal in the next couple of days.

Thanks.

Paul
  • ukpaulukpaul Posts: 2
    PS - Im in Southern California (Orange County) if that matters
  • I am going to be a possible co-signer on my fiance's lease of a Tuscon. I qualify for top-tier, but she probably does not since she hasn't established much credit yet.

Since I qualify for top-tier, would she be able to get the lease through Hyundai under these terms since I am co-signing?
    You're very welcome, swj66. We're glad that you came here too. See you around.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello pinksnyper. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tucson GLS FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00156 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Paul. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tucson Limited FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00178 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jdizzy1jdizzy1 Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    It looks like youve been doing a great service for people on this board, thank you for your support! Could you tell me the June money factor and residual for a 2011 tuscon limited with awd and 12,000 mi/ yr?
    We are planning now but plan to purchase in July - thank you in advance!
    Thanks jdizzy1. Hyundai Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tucson Limited AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00178 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Does anyone have the current lease rates for the Tuscon?

Thanks!
  • Hi rac10000. This vehicle's lease program varies by trim level. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Tucson GLS AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • trying to lease a 2012 gls tucson for 36 mos/12k per yr. what is hyundai's money factor and residual on this car. thanks

and please chk out this offer if GOOD or BAD or FAIR: 2012 GLS Tucson 36mo./12k yr lease

"So here is the deal, if you were to put $3000 down (total out of pocket, including license and tax, and first payment) using only the $500 military rebate, at the 12K per year, your payment would be $219 per month plus tax, $236 total. This is a straight up quote, you don’t have to navigate through small print to piece it together, and it is a great deal. All you would have to do is come in, pick out the color, and finalize the paperwork. Every car that is purchased or leased at our dealership comes with a complimentary maintenance package that pays for your oil, lube and filter change every 3750, while discounting your major services for the first 30,000 miles. Let me know what you think."

This is an internet offer fr. a dealer in OC... What am I missing here? Any hidden fees that might be popped on me before I sign the lease? I would really want to get the down payment to 2000 but they wouldn't budge on 236 total payment. Thank you for all your help.
  • Hi dscgpro. Hyundai Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tucson GLS 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It would be much easier to evaluate this deal if you were to provide us with this vehicle's MSRP and selling price. Let us know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man.

WOuld you please tell me the residual value and money factor for a 36 month lease of a Tucson GL Automatic with 15,000 miles.

Thanks,
  • I just Leased a 2012 Tucson GLS AWD. Purchase price $24840. Trade profit was $3.2k used as down payment. Paid first payment and title and stuff $595. Net capitalized cost was $22245.00 Somehow Total capitalized cost reduction was $4079.
    Anyway total payment for 36months 12K/yr is $298.99. This includes the 10% tax the state wants.
    I can purchase the car at end of lease for $15152.
    Any idea if this is a good lease? I know I paid MSRP but I did get the $3.2k profit on my trade which other dealers would only give me about 1-2K profit.
  • Here's the information that you you're looking for, bmack11. Hyundai Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tucson GL with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • On an initial lease, is the disposition fee negotiable? Thanks.
  • I am looking to lease a 2012 tucson, but since I just graduated college, my credit is poor due to student loans, credit cards to survive to the four years etc. Is it possible to still lease with poor credit? If so, what do I need to know? Thank you!
  • Hi bmack11. The disposition fee is charged by the bank that you are leasing through and if the bank charges one it will not waive it...though some manufacturers will waive this charge for consumers who lease another one of their vehicles when their current lease is up.

Car_man
    Host
  • melrammelram Posts: 14
    Car Man,

Could you please tell me the residual value and money factor for a 36 month lease of a Tucson Limited Automatic FWD wih premium package for 12,000 miles.
  • Hello melram. Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tucson Limited FWD with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00187 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • bdaffinitybdaffinity Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Hiya Car_man,

Wanting to lease a 2012 Tucson GLS FWD with automatic transmission for 36 OR 48 months.. can you tell me the residual value and money factor?

Thank you so much!