Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, Gordon.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome koko4. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 27 month lease are .00125 and 68%. Its 12,000 mile per year residual values would be 1% higher. Shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this model in your area, but if I was shopping one I'd probably aim for around $500 over invoice. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rocco50. The selling price that you were quoted is only $330 over dealer invoice. That is a very good deal. Even the doc fee that this dealer charges is very reasonable. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate for this truck. This looks like a very good deal to me. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello certifiedg718. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Make sure that you thoroughly understand how leasing works, know exactly what model you want, and know approximately how much you want to pay for it prior to doing any additional negotiation with any dealers.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will gladly answer them for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings vegasrph. The selling price that you were quoted is $500 over invoice. That is a good deal. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factors of .00127 for 27 month and .00149 for 39 month terms to calculate your truck's monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi hartt. $450 over invoice is a very good price for this vehicle. Furthermore, the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate for this model. This looks like a very good deal to me. If you like this vehicle, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You are correct, maxim49. Infiniti is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on the 2007 FX35. Unfortunately, this dealer cash is not compatible with Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program. IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 69%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mannand. The lease money factor that you were quoted for this vehicle is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate for it. This is a good thing because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not marking your vehicle's money factor up in an attempt to make additional back-end profit on your deal. The selling price that you were quoted however is a little on the high side. I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi geechuly. I believe that Infiniti's March lease program for the 2007 FX35 AWD is exactly the same as it was in February. Its 27 month buy rate lease money factor is .00125. I see that you are considering making a $2,199 down payment on your lease. It actually is not in your best interest to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make one risk losing it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • maxim49maxim49 Posts: 41
    Thanks Car_man! One more question - do you know what the residual and MF is for a 2006 FX35 AWD for 12K miles a year and either a 24, 27 or 39 month lease?
    I just found out that Infiniti is offering a $2,500 incentive on the 2006 FX and it can be combined with a lease deal as well.
    Thanks again!!
  • l2jael2jae Posts: 4
    Hey Car_man,

You wrote in your previous post that Infiniti is offering a 24-month lease for 2007 FX35 AWD with 15K/year at .00122 money factor and 69% residual value. Are you sure about this?

I'm about to sign my lease today, but for the 27-month, .00125 money factor, and 68% residual valude for 15k/year. If you are right, I'd much rather go with the 24-month lease. Let me know. Thanks!!!
  • vegasrphvegasrph Posts: 47
    My wife and I took the deal. Comparatively it was worth getting the FX35 from a California dealer vs our home town Las Vegas dealer. The payment per month was an astounding $90.00 per month LESS with the California dealer. We did get the correct MF .00149 for 39 months and the dealer "threw in" some all-season rubber floormats along with the standard carpet ones. Our payment was $498/mo including 7.75 % sales tax with $1400 due at signing. ($500 deposit, 1st payment/tax, $250 cap reduction, registration, title) NOT BAD!!!! We love it!!!
    I don't think I would jump on a 2003 FX. The newer (2006+) models have a refreshened interior and exterior. With the $2000 cash allowance on a 2007 plus getting one from California around $500 over invoice (ask me how).....you would be at $36,000 or so for a nearly loaded FX35 and it would be BRAND NEW!!
    Leasing a ONE YEAR OLD FX isn't a great idea. The residuals would be too low and you might end up paying MORE vs a 2007 model. Shoot for $500 over invoice on a 2007 FX and hold fast to that number, you will get it. Your lease payments are derived off of residual + interest rate (MF) and the 2006 models will have a LOW residual (they are one year old now)
    Vegasrph - May I ask what the MSRP and Invoice were for the car you leased?
    Thanks for the reply on the 2006 MF and Residual. I figured they wouldn't be as favorable as the '07, but I wondered if there might be a minimal diff.
    Thanks!
    No problem. Just look a few posts back, all the info is there for you to see. MSRP was $42,610. Invoice can be found here at Edmunds under new car prices. The 2007 lease rates for Feb/March are REALL GOOD......jump on it!!! 3% interest rate and 68-70% residuals = Awesome Deal!!!
  • I got a quuote from Infiniti of Manhattan, Please see if this is a good deal

1995 Down
    795 Bank Fee
    700 Destination Charge
    828.31 Tax
    309 First month payment
    ----------------------------

4627.31 Out the door

with 309 a month including tax for 27 months

for FX35 with hands free and touring package..

Is it a good deal??
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Posts: 51
    Who told you it could be used on the lease. My understanding is that the $2000 dealer cash is only available on a purchase.
  • dcin8dcin8 Posts: 2
    I was just quoted for a 2007 FX35 AWD with touring and hands free package.

27 months 15k miles.
    503+tax 6% a month with 1330 out of pocket. In South Florida

The dealer was also willing to try and get me out of my current lease seven months early, which I am slightly upside down on at no additional charge.

Does this sound like a good deal?
    A dealer. But it's only available on the '06 FX35, not the '07. It will be really tough finding an '06 at this point.
  • onealmonealm Posts: 1
    Car Man, What are the current March Money Factors & Residuals on 24 & 36 month leases with 15K miles on a 2wd FX35 with Touring & Hands Free pkgs? I have only seen recent posts on AWD, and have an Idea that they should be close on the 2wd. I have an eye on one that I'll be test driving on 3-17. Sorry for the short notice. Thanks
  • letchletch Posts: 8
    I just leased an '07 FX35 AWD with touring package. The MSRP was $42,110. Thanks to this forum I wowed them with my knowledge of the current residual and money factor. They gave me a $3,000 discount off of MSRP and the residual of 68% on a 15k/yr lease with a money factor of .00125. It worked out to $529 per month including NC sales tax of 3%. I just paid 1st mo. payment of $529 at signing.
  • I just leased FX35 with touring, hands free, and sports package.

I forgot the money factor and residual value..

it was 4000 out the door including first month payment
    and 389 a month for 27 months for 15k a year..
  • i went by the figures you got from manhattan infiniti
    im on long island we were quoted much higher from one dealer but i used your figures at another dealer and we purchased 2007 fx35 touring and hands free 480 per month
    plus 1st months and reg fee at signing thanks we love the price and the car
  • manaboutmanabout Posts: 15
    Hey Carman,

I was offered a somewhat similar deal from the same dealer as bryanlee81. My deal is for an '07 FX35 Tech, Touring, Handsfree (MSRP $46,299.50) 27 months/10K miles no money down. The inceptions are:

$795 Bank Fee (If going through IFS, shouldn't this be $595?)
    $700 Destination Charge
    $465 First month payment
    ----------------------------
    Approx. $2145 Out the door (with DMV fees) & $465 a month including NJ tax for 27 months

I'm waiting for the sales guy to give me the selling price and moneyfactor, but does it pass the sniff test?

This is supposed to be a "factory program" only available for March. Not sure how true that is, but I'm coming off lease on an '05 G35 coupe and would like to take advantage of the "program". Based on the research I've done, it seems to be a fairly decent deal, but I'll reserve judgment until I hear back.

Also, I spoke to my dealer, and he came in much higher.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

MAT
  • omarsomars Posts: 2
    Hi everyone...

I went to the Infiniti Dealership in Daly City, CA today, and I was looking at the 2007 FX35s. The fleet manager quoted me roughly $35,100 for an FX35 that was a RWD, had a touring package, and intelligence system/bluetooth. Is this a good deal? I have a 2001 Acura 3.2 TL which I want to sell privately, and he offered to take a look and possibly give me a close value to what I was asking (12k). Also...I know this is a totally different category, but I am also interested in the 2007 G35. If you had to pick between the two classes and two vehicles, which one and what would you pay? Your help is appreciated..thanks!
  • finnorfinnor Posts: 1
    Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum, and may not be the right place. I did a search and didn't find what I was looking for. In September 2006 I went into my first lease on my first Infiniti, a 2006 FX 35 Beryllium/Brick with Hands Free, Touring, Sport, Tech, splash guards and cargo protector, msrp $46710. It has XM but they swapped in Sirius. I absolutely LOVE this car! Price paid was $43000. $550 acquisition fee. $92.74 CCR, $551.77 first pmt, $18 title, $3 reg, $5.56 tax on cap cost, $528.94 doc fee, total dp $1200.01. $551.77/mo for 12 mos at 12k/yr. Residual is $37835.10.

Looking at KBB trade just six months into the lease, the residual is set too high. If I want to buy at the end of the lease, who do I speak with? Can I negotiate, because all IFS will do is sell the car at auction. I have access to Mannheim pricing and know what the cars are bringing on a weekly base at auction. Or, would I be better off tuning it in and going in to negotiate on a fresh 2007/2008 this fall?

Thanks!
    Manabout - It looks like you're getting a pretty good deal and they are giving you the base MF and the correct residual rate and along with that, you're getting the car below invoice, which in $42,089 and you're getting it for about $41,815. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
    I would definitely pull the trigger.
    Good luck.
    Matt - Can you also tell me what dealership you went to and possibly your salesman? I want to get the same car except for the Tech pkg.
    Thanks!!
  • bcnybcny Posts: 3
    Here's a lease quote I just received for an FX35 by a reputable Infiniti dealer in the NYC metro area. Mind you, I've received about 3 with roughly the same montly & down payments.

Am I missing something here or is this VERY low.

Now, I'm aware that the specs of the vehicle are basically null, but no matter what the config, I feel like somethings not quite right.

You tell me.

--original message--

I am proud to offer you the very best overall buying experience in the Greater New York Metro area. My Internet clients receive the following Extra Value Package, designed to save you even more time and money:

No haggle - No hassle competitive price
    No hidden fees - just add tax and plates
    No Destination or Handling Charge
    Free Infiniti Wheel Locks
    Free Oil Changes for Life Program
    Full tank of gas
    Paperwork ready when you arrive
    Drive out with your new vehicle in 1 hour or less
    Lowest APR finance rates available
    Huge discounts on Genuine Infiniti Extended Warranty & Accessories

New 2007 Infiniti FX35
    Automatic Transmission