Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• kichuskichus Posts: 4
    No, I'm paying all the fees up front. What I'm concerned with is the buy option. Is the buy price based on the residual value or can it be lower?
  • jokol2jokol2 Posts: 27
    Hi Car_Man; I have been reading your forum here and have been impressed with your knowledge of leasing. Here is my dilemma; I just bought a 2007 FX35 for myself and want to lease one for my wife (buying one is enough out of pocket for one year!!). The same dealer just offered me this deal which looks high to me and I am not sure what residual means or what effect this higher money factor has; here is the deal; 2007 FX35 Touring,Sport, Handsfree,splashguards,cargo protector; MSRP of $44110.00(that includes the $700 destination charge). They are offering me a 39 month lease at $551.22/month based on %59 residual and money factor of .00153. This is based on selling price of $41,862. First payment only $794.22 including title,registration etc. So, $551.22 per month for 39 months with a residual of $26,024.90.(He told me to take the MSRP and multiply it by the %59. Hope this is correct) What do you think???? They have the color my wife wants (liquid Platinum) but it would have to be transported down from another dealer at a cost of around $500 and also we are trading in our junker!!!!!! 2006 toyota 4runner that we are upside down on to the tune of $900. This is very CONFUSING to me. Any help would be most appreciated. We just went thru an absolute horrible experience with our 2 2006 4runners. I traded my Sportedition in on my new FX35 but I had a lot of equity in it. We have none in my wifes car. Won't let that happen again. Many thanks. Joe
  • grandzugrandzu Posts: 25
    A salesman in Jersey says the $2000 in manufacturer to dealer incentives on the FX35 do not apply to leases, only sales. Is this true?
    I see the $2000 in marketing support for both sales and leases on Edmunds so is this guy wrong?
  • He's right. The $2000 does not apply to leases through Infiniti Financial because they are offering subsidized money factors instead. The .00124 MF offered on the 27 month leases is equiv to about 3.34% interest. You can apply the $2k if you lease through a different bank, but I think you'll find that the IFS deal is (marginally) more attractive.
  • What would be considered a good/fair deal on a 2007 FX35 AWD with sport/tech (sirius)/touring? Ext: white or navy, Int: Wheat

-27 month lease
    -15k miles/year
    -I don't want to put anything down other than absolutely required fees (NY/NJ/PA area).

Please let me know ASAP.
  • themisnthemisn Posts: 13
    Ideally I would like to extend the lease 6 months and get me through the winter. Anyone have luck extending it for longer than 3 months? I would think they wouldnt mind as a lot of these are gonna hit the market at the same time, and they would also want to move their leftover 07's in september..
  • bcnybcny Posts: 3
    Ok folks. Just returned from the Brooklyn, NY dealer and here's what I got quoted:

2007 Autumn Copper FX35
    Fully loaded.

Sport, Touring, Technology, Splash guards, Cargo protector,

Free Infiniti Wheel Locks
    Free Oil Changes for Life Program
    Full tank of gas

You name it, it's in there.

Lease @ 355mo x 27 mos.

Here's the "due at signing" data breakdown that I asked from the dealer:

Pro-Rata................... 0.00
    Cap. Reduction............. 2,500.00
    Doc Fee.................... 45.00
    Tax (NYC taxes up front)... 1,061.95
    License Fees (New Plates).. 150.00
    Gov. Fees.................. 12.50
    Advanced Pmts.............. 355.00
    Security Deposit........... 0.00
    Bank Fee................... 595.00
    Total Drive Off............ 4719.45
    Less Net Trade............. 0.00
    Reservation Deposit (visa). 500.00
    Cash Due On Delivery....... 4219.45

Rate (MF?)................. 1.240
    Term....................... 27
    Miles...................... 10k

Please let me know if this sounds good and if I should sign on Monday please....
    :) Thanks all. :confuse:
  • jokol2jokol2 Posts: 27
    This is a follow up to my previous post here; I decided against leasing and went ahead and bought this FX35 so that's 2 of them in 2 weeks!!! Sure glad there are no more drivers in our house--- I'm BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Jokol2
  • tfilatfila Posts: 1
    Was recently e-mailed the following deal. Any thoughts appreciated!

2007 FX35 rwd
    Liquid Plat.
    27 mos/15k per year
    Cap. Cost - 39,374.77 inc. $595 bank fee, $158.50 Lic. Fee
    No cap cost reduction.
    residual @ 67% = 27,208.70 w/total depreciation of $12,166.07

Payments of $571.92 (depreciation @ 450.60, rent @ 83.90, tax @ 37.42.

Up front fees inc. tax, doc fee ($345) and first month's payment = $1,021.07

Rate (money factor?) of 1.260

Seems like a lot for a sub-40k vehicle compared to other deals I've seen posted. Thanks in advance.
  • atfryaratfryar Posts: 30
    I've been offered:

2007 FX35 AWD
    MSRP: $42,360
    Your Price: $40,677.92
    Residual: 72%
    Money Factor: .00044
    Lease Term: 21 Months
    Miles per year: 12,000
    Money Due: $2,150
    Monthly Payment: $ 499.99

What are the May money factors and residuals?

Thanks CarMan!
    When calculating a lease payment, should the installation of satellite radio be included in the 'selling price' (not the msrp, but the negotiated selling price of the car)? My lease payments are dramatically different if I include the extra 800 for sat radio in that amount...

I could argue that having sat radio has no impact on the residual of the car...

Any response is appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • atrajanatrajan Posts: 27
    Hello All,

I have this deal from infiniti from Manhattan

2007 FX35 AWD with Touring Package

Purchase price : $38,000
    Residual Price : 75%
    Money Factor : .00023
    Mileage : 10K per Year
    Lease per month: $249 per month
    Down Payment : $1995

What do you guys think? Is there something i need to watch out?

thanks.
    R
    What is the MSRP and Term (#months) on that quote? Is the 1,995 strictly a cap cost reduction or does it include fees, etc...?

Carman????
    The $1995 is just a cap reduction. The monthly payment if taxes, bank fee etc is rolled into is $368

2007 FX35 AWD with Touring Package
    MSRP : $42,360
    Purchase price : $38,000
    Residual Price : 75%
    Money Factor : .00023
    Mileage : 10K per Year
    Term of Lease : 21 months
    Lease per month: $368 per month
    Down Payment : $1995

thanks,
    R
    Carman any suggestion on the above deal?

thanks,
    R
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Welcome maxmir. You never mentioned the selling price of the FX that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be glad to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi 9squaregrid. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is too high. Infiniti is currently pushing 21 month leases of the FX35 right now. Infiniti Financial Services' current 21 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 FX35 AWD are .00044 and 72%, respectively.

As far as this truck's selling price goes, there is a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. So if you are getting a $2,500 discount as you suspect (you should really confirm that it the case) you are getting a pretty good deal. It wouldn't hurt to stop by the following discussion to compare the price that you were quoted to what other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new FX, 9squaregrid. Any price on a lease of an '07 Infiniti FX35 that's under dealer invoice is a good one. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello kichus. In May Infiniti is really pushing 21 month leases of the FX35. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 21 month lease of a 2007 FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00044 and 72%, respectively. This is the term that I would go with if I was in the market for an FX right now.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. The vehicle that you described has a spread of around $4,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. So the discount of $4,000 that you were quoted looks very attractive to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks Joe. Since this is your first time leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let's take a look at the price that you were quoted for this truck. The Infiniti FX35 that you described has a dealer invoice price of around $40,300. This means that the selling price that you were quoted is around $1,500 over invoice. There's enough room there that it wouldn't hurt to see if you can get this dealer to lower your price a little bit or perhaps comparison shop to find a dealer that will. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Make sure to keep in mind that the dealer cash that is available on this model right now is not compatible with its special lease program.

Infiniti is really pushing 21 month leases of the FX in May. It's best lease program is available for that term. If you were to lease a 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD through Infiniti Financial Services for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year right now, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00120 and 56%, respectively. Make sure that the dealer you lease from uses this factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    What you were told is correct, grandzu. The dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on the 2007 FX35 is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi wheedler123. This truck's lease payment will vary depending upon what its full MSRP and selling price are. I would be happy to use Infiniti Financial Services' current lease program to estimate what the monthly payment would be on the lease that you are interested in, but it would be a big help if you provided me with these prices first. You can look up this vehicle's MSRP by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site. I can give you an approximate selling price if you tell me what the dealer invoice price as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bcny. The money factor that you were quoted is in line with what others have reported getting in April. Infiniti actually enhanced the FX's lease program for the month of May. It is currently pushing 21 month leases of this model. Its new May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 21 month lease of an '07 FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00044 and 72%, respectively. That's the way that I would go if I was in the market for this model right now.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the FX35 that you are interested in leasing in your post. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would happy to give you my opinion on the deal you are getting if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings tfila. Infiniti enhanced the FX's lease program for the month of May. It is currently pushing 21 month leases of this model. Its new May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 21 month lease of an '07 FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00044 and 72%, respectively. That's the way that I would go if I was in the market for this model right now.

I see that you mentioned this truck's capitalized cost in your post. That's great because this is a very important number to have. If you tell me what its MSRP is, I will be able to see how much of a discount you are being given and I'll let you know what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi atfryar. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right in line with Infiniti's new enhanced 21 month lease special for this model. The truck that you described has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You are only being given a discount of around $1,700 on the specific model that you are interested in. I personally would want a larger discount than that. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi atfryar. Satellite radio would be included in your vehicle's MSRP when calculating the residual value for your lease. How much it adds to the selling price of your vehicle depends upon what price you negotiate on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi atrajan. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks great. I believe that it is right around this vehicle's dealer invoice price. The money factor looks great as well. I personally wouldn't make the $1,995 down payment (you risk losing it if your truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered), but other than that this looks like a great deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • imcharlesimcharles Posts: 5
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Tech / NAV Package

Cost: $43,223
    Residual Value: 72% ($33,523)
    Money Down: $3000 (Includes Tax / Doc+Bank FEe @ $640 / Licesnse / CAP Reduction @ $1044)
    Lease Payments: $449/mo
    Miles: 12K
    Term: 21 mo.

Any help is appreciated :) Going to see a few more dealers today and want to have a decision on monday. Thanks!

I
  • im in nyc and looking at this too but am wondering why its so cheap and if there is any "catch"
  • davivi23davivi23 Posts: 3
    carman are the Residual and MF for the 21 month Inifiniti special May program the same for 15k miles/yr lease?

thanks in advance :)