Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi devilsadvct33. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the FX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings Gordon. The two most important numbers to focus on when negotiating a lease are your vehicle's selling price and the money factor that is being used to calculate its lease payment. These are the two main profit centers for dealers on leases. You never mentioned this truck's selling price. It is a very important number to look at before finalizing any lease. If you let me know what the selling price and MSRP are, I would be happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi dcrotty527. This looks like Infiniti's advertised lease for the FX35. Like most manufacturers' advertised leases this is a decent deal, but it probably leaves a little meat on the bone so to speak. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would not be surprised if you were able to beat the selling price that was used to arrive at the advertised lease payment. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how low a price other community members have been able to negotiate on this model lately: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi golfgod2. The money factor that you were quoted for this vehicle is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate for it (other than the fact that it's missing a "0" - it should be .00166). This is a good sign because it means that the dealer you are working with is not trying to mark your vehicle's money factor up to make additional back-end profit on your deal.

Now let's take a look at this truck's selling price. The 2007 FX35 that you described has a spread of around $4,100 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You are being given a $3,800 discount on it. This looks like a very good price for this model to me.

The two main profit centers for dealers, your vehicle's selling price and its money factor, look great. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks Car Man!
  • gvkgvk Posts: 7
    Dear CarMan,

Thank you for your help. I now got all the figures…

2006 FX-35 AWD, sport/touring/hands free/tech pkgs - loaded.
    Lease term: 36 months
    10,000 miles per year

MSRP: $48,550.00
    Base price/selling: $42,553.15
    Residual: % 57
    Money factor: 0.00152
    Monthly usage tax: % 6.25

Due at signing:
    + Tax on CAP cost reduction: $205.88
    + First payment: $499.99
    + Balance (for CAP reduction): $3,294.13
    Total: $4,000.00

Gross CAP cost:
    + Selling/base price: $42,553.15
    + Title, license, Registr: $215.33
    + Acquisition: $595.00
    + Lojack-CAP: $795.00
    Total: $44,158.48

Adjusted CAP cost: $40,864.35
    Depreciation: $13,190.85
    Rent charge: $3,750.03
    Monthly usage tax: $29.41
    Monthly pmt: $499.99

I see they “ballooned” the gross CAP cost. All those
    “Lojack” fees!? e.t.c. seem to be too high (totaling $1605.33 !) Do you think I can and should try to negotiate the fees down?

Wanted to know your overall opinion on this. Is there any other hidden “catch”? I know you recommend not to put down any $$$, but I am willing to do that in order to reduce the monthly pmt.

I’ve also heard that the current 36 month lease 2007 FX-35 AWD money factor is actually 0.00121 and 60% residual (vs. 0.00152 / 57% I got). Does it mean that they marked the money factor up?

I appreciate your evaluation of this offer
    And thank you! Gordon
  • Hey im a student in NY, and im trying to get a new car(FX35). is there any way possible to get an FX35 2007 for no more of $300/mo if there, how?
    I will appriciate your help.
  • Infiniti has $2000 toward "marketing support" for a current incentive. Can any of this be extracted from a dealers grip for a lease or is this just for purchases?
  • Please post current lease #'s for jan. if available or lead me to where I can get them. Thanks
  • Do you have MF and Residual for February? 39mth/12K

Also, Edmunds states that there is 2000$ in Manufacturer Support. Does this apply to leases through Infiniti Financial services?

Thanks
  • You're very welcome, golfgod2.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey Gordon. Don't bother getting Lojack unless your insurance company provides you with a discount that is at least equivalent to the money that you would have to spend to get it. You shouldn't care if your leased vehicle gets stolen. As long as you didn't make any sort of capitalized cost reduction, the only thing that you would be out is any acquisition fee that you paid. That's why it is never a good idea to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of cap cost reduction.

Other than the Lojack, the other fees that are being added to your vehicle's cap cost, such as license, title, registration, and the $595 acquisition fee are legitimate and have to be paid.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00127 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi r8fx3435. I am sorry to say that it is going to cost a lot more than $300 per month to lease a 2007 Infiniti FX35. The only way to get this model's payment that low would be to make a large down payment on your lease, which is never a good idea. If you provide me with the MSRP and selling price of the exact FX35 that you are interested in, along with how long you want to lease it for and what sort of mileage allowance you need I would be happy to use Infiniti's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment would be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi dcrotty527. Unfortunately, the $2,000 dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on the 2007 FX35 is not compatible with its special lease program. If you lease this model through Infiniti Financial Services, the dealer does not get the $2,000.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey dcrotty527. Infiniti's lease program for the FX35 varies depending upon a number of factors including whether you get 2WD or AWD, how long you lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if any of these assumptions are incorrect. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi jdogmd. Unfortunately, the $2,000 dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on the 2007 FX35 is not compatible with its special lease program. Infiniti Financial Services' current 39 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 FX35 AWD are .00154 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • My wife is considering a2007 FX35 with the Touring Package, splash guards, roof rails and the wind deflector as options . Can I get the MF and residual %'s for the following:

39 months 2wd 12K vs 10K year
    39 months AWD 12K vs 10K year

We want to put around 5K down. We live in the Charlotte, NC area. What is a good price?

Thanks!!
  • Ok here is the deal that the dealer is offering me.
    07 FX 35 AWD with Tech/Nav, handsfree and touring packages
    Has 1700 miles on it because the manager drove it at some point.
    this is 27 months 15K/Year lease
    MSRP 46650
    Sales price 42755
    Money Factor 0.00125
    Residual 31552
    Before tax monthly 543

good deal or not? How much more off the price can i possible get? the car does have some miles on it you know. Is the money factor good. Does having the miles cause me any problems? The risidual is a little unusual because of 27 months and because of 1700 miles already on the car.
    Advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • I typically pay for cars with cash, and was planning on doing the same with a FX-35. Since I don't put a lot of miles on a car (two people between three cars) and tend to sell cars in excellent condition, the dealer mentioned leasing with an upfront payment (better terms?) instead of buying to provide the choice to easily move to another vehicle at the end of the lease. What are the advantages to paying up front and what type of discount for price/money factor/residual should I expect?
  • I was able to get the numbers down a bit. Her is the final deal.
    MSRP 46650
    Sales price 42434.52
    Residual is 31573
    not sure what money factor he finally used but it is less than .00125
    595 acquisition fee
    250 doc fee
    monthly lease 530 before tax with zero down
    this is FX 35 AWD with tech, touring, hands free and a couple of other things.
    What do you guys think.