Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi gatorfan123. How about that whole Billy Donovan mess? Not a very smooth move on his part. Anyhow, this truck's lease program varies by term. You never mentioned how long you want to lease it for, so for now I will assume that you're interested in a 36 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 FX45 with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Sal. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 FX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00176 and 48%, respectively. Infiniti is providing its dealers with $500 dealer cash certificates, up to three of which may be used on '07 FX35s, but I do not believe that this dealer cash is compatible with the aforementioned special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Gary. $295 per month is a pretty low monthly payment for this truck, but I see that you need to make a $3,000 capitalized cost reduction in order to reach it. I am not a big fan of making large down payments when leasing. I always advise consumers not to make them because if their vehicle was totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered there is a good chance that they will lost all, or at least part of their down payment. You would be better off leasing without making any cap cost reduction, even though it means that you will have a higher monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Rich. The destination charge that you were quoted looks about right to me, but the bank fee looks a little high. Infiniti Financial Services does charge an acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases, but this fee is only $595. The dealer that you are working with is either running your lease through a bank other than IFS or marking up your bank fee to add additional hidden profit to your deal. The selling price that you were quoted looks pretty good to me. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00044 to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    What you were told is correct, hull22. Infiniti Financial Services' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals and its 10k resids are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi redvelvet2620. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car look good to me. They are right in line with IFS' current program for it. The selling price that you were quoted, $800 over dealer invoice, looks reasonable as well. I have seen a few community members who have reported getting prices that are a couple hundred dollars lower than this, but overall I would say that this is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey funtodrive1. It is difficult to say what Infiniti's July lease program for the FX35 will be like. I don't expect Infiniti to make any major enhancements to its July lease program for this model, so there probably isn't much point to waiting to get one if you're ready to do so now. Again though it is difficult to say exactly what will happen next month for certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • The current term I am looking at is 36 months w// 15k yr
    the residual is 71%. Me being SO new to leasing how can I turn this % into dollar amounts?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,811
    A reporter from a large local newspaper would like to speak to consumers who have just leased a vehicle. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than June 21, 2007 with your daytime contact information

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jubes72jubes72 Posts: 4
    Am in Chicago and it seems Infiniti is giving the best deals on higher end SUV's. Is this a good deal? It is an 08 FX with Touring and Tech. Thanks for any help.

MSRP: 46,725
    MF: .00125
    Down: $4,000
    Payment: $499
    Miles/year: 15K
    Period: 24 months
    Residual value: 30,371 (65%)
  • Your right about Billy D, but we're still happy to have him back. :-)

I was actually looking for a 24 or 21 month lease on the FX45. Based on the numbers you gave me, I assume Infiniti does not have the same lease support between FX35 and FX45.

As I said previously my lease on a FX35 ends in Aug and I was looking to see what it would cost to move up to the FX45. However, based on these numbers, it would appear the FX35 is a much better value.
  • Car_man and all,

Im about to ink a deal on an FX35, and just wanted to know if this is a decent deal.

Its a FX35 w touring and hands free pkgs, also has splash guards, roof rails, and cargo mat -- MSRP $42420.

21 months 12K miles/ yr - $450 payment
    $3500 total drive off including taxes (8.75), first payment, 595 acq fee, and plates. IFS Lease.

Is this a good deal to move forward with ?

Any help I could get I would greatly appreciate !

Thanks ! :shades:
  • avallonsavallons Posts: 2
    It looks good to me! How much is the down payment out of the $3,500? What state are you in?
  • verystingyverystingy Posts: 36
    I just inked a deal on a 2007 FX35 AWD with Tech/Sirius, touring, hands-free, roof rails, cargo mat, sunroof visor, and mud guards. Color: Ivory/wheat.

MSRP: 46,625
    Length: 21 month/12K
    Inceptions: 1,500
    Payment: 493/month (includes taxes & gap)

I feel pretty good about the deal. It was all negotiated over the phone. Took a few days, but I was exceptionally pleased with the dealer. Good luck to all still looking.
    (FYI: Inventories & color selections were getting slim on the 2007'S)
  • maxmirmaxmir Posts: 4
    Not much unless you want that 'Sheer Platinum' color option on your FX 35. Too bad that the brown leather is still not available on 35s.
    (from automovitive.com):
    NASHVILLE, Tenn., June 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Infiniti announced pricing on the 2008 Infiniti FX premium crossover sport utility vehicle, which goes on sale today at Infiniti retailers nationwide. For 2008, all FX models now include standard XM(R) satellite radio and body-colored satellite radio antenna. Sheer Platinum premium paint is now an option available on FX35 models equipped with the Sport Package. All 2008 FX models are equipped with a standard leather-appointed interior, 300-watt Bose(R) audio system with 11 speakers, RearView Monitor and 5-speed automatic transmission.

The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 2008 Infiniti FX starts at $37,950 for the rear-wheel drive 3.5-liter V6-equipped FX35 2WD; $39,450 for the all-wheel drive 3.5-liter V6-equipped FX35 AWD; and $50,000 for the 4.5-liter V8-powered all-wheel drive FX45 AWD.

The 2008 FX again showcases Infiniti's technology and engineering leadership with the available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system, Infiniti Intelligent Key and Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with Preview Braking.

The all-wheel drive FX45 comes with a standard 320-horsepower 4.5-liter DOHC V8 and includes 20-inch wheels and tires, numerous technology features and a sport-tuned 4-wheel independent suspension. Infiniti FX45 option packages include the Run-Flat Tire Package, Technology Package, Infiniti Navigation System, Mobile Entertainment System and Sheer Platinum Metallic paint.

The 2008 Infiniti FX35 features a 275-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 and is available in all-wheel or rear-wheel drive. All FX models utilize a modified version of the advanced FM (Front Mid-ship) platform, enhanced for SUV duties. FX35 options include the Touring Package, Hands-Free Package, Sport Package, Run-Flat Tire Package, Technology Package, Mobile Entertainment System and Sheer Platinum Metallic paint (requires Sport Package).
  • utexas06utexas06 Posts: 43
    2007 FX35
    Touring Package
    Hands Free Package
    MSRP $40,600
    Don't know the net cap cost.
    39 months @ $526.59 per month
    $1,915 (TTL and first payment)due at signing.

Should I accept this or is there more room to negotiate for a lower price?
  • myeclipsemyeclipse Posts: 8
    Does that 526.59 include tax?

I was quoted on a RWD with touring,handsfree,sports
    39 months 15000m/y --> $424 per month
    $3,300 (2,400 down)due at signing
    I'm in soCal

And I was told the special MF(0.00114)on 39 months will be ending by July,2nd. Anyone had the same info regarding the MF?
  • pmeswanipmeswani Posts: 11
    Tough call. Need help from Car_man.

Just got this deal:
    2007 FX35 AWD with Touring and Hands Free
    MSRP $41,960 (Black with Brick leather)
    Selling Price: $38455.76
    72% Residual
    Money Factor: .00044
    Payment: $471 for 21 months (includes tax)
    $1481 due at signing

Thoughts? This sounds like a good eal but not sure.
  • utexas06utexas06 Posts: 43
    no $526.59 does not include tax. Tax is paid up front. Or can be rolled into payments which would take the payment up a bit.