Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi chronic2. I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my current lease to get a new vehicle if I was in your situation. Unless Infiniti is running some sort of special early lease termination program that I am not aware of, in order to get out of your current lease this early you are going to have to either make all of your remaining payments or purchase your vehicle and trade it in. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing your vehicle's purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

If you don't wait, you will probably end up paying much more than you should for your new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Alex. I've seen the new lease program for the vehicles that you are interested in and I would be happy to help you out. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00285 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 FX35 AWD are .00242 and 52%. As you can see, it does not appear as though Infiniti is providing lease support on the '07 FX any longer. If this is indeed the case, then you should be able to take advantage of the $3,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Thank you, Carman. I am looking to lease for either 24 months or 36 months, with 12K.

It makes me sad that there is no more lease support on the FX, I was looking forward to leasing it, but now that the MF is high and the residual low, I am not so sure its in my budget. Why did these numbers change so drastically since last March? Does it make sense to wait until Infiniti provides another lease support ?

I read somewhere that people with high credit scores, above 700, can get as low as 0% APR. Would I qualify for a lower MF than what Infiniti is currently offering if my credit score is above 700? If yes, how would I know what I really qualify for if the dealer is trying to give me the higher MF?

How does the dealer cash work, and how should I go about negotiating the price, taking dealer cash into consideration? Should I get the dealer to drop the price down as close to invoice as possible, and then ask to drop it another $3,000 because of the dealer cash incentive? And then calculate the lease payments based off of that price? Or does the dealer cash incentive only apply if I purchase the car, not lease it?

Besides the FX, I was also looking at the Acura MDX and the bare bones Mercedes ML 350. Could you please post the MF's and the residuals for these SUV's as well, for both the '07 and '08? (here, or on their respective forums if you want to keep on topic).

Alex
  • Hi Carman, can you please post the September MF & Residual for a 15k mile/yr 36-mo lease on a 2007 FX35 (RWD)?

Thanks,
    Lianne
  • Hi Car_man. You previous post #756 refers a $3,000 dealer cash currently available on 2008 FX35. Would you plese elaborate, including any available site links -- I could not find any sources that mention this rebate. Could this amount be negotiated with the dealer upfront as a cap cost reduction, or does it work differently?

Thank you!
  • fx3fx3 Posts: 1
    Here is a deal I was quoted for a 2008 FX35....is it a good deal?

Packages:
    Touring
    Hands Free
    Tech
    Cargo mat

MSRP 45,165
    Invoice 41,164
    Cap Cost 40,114
    Residual 51%
    Money Factor .00263
    15,000 miles a year
    Term 39 Months
    No Money Down
    Base Monthly Payment 629
  • djdezdjdez Posts: 75
    Hello Car_man ... you normally wouldn't be hearing from me until next year when my lease is up but I have a question for a friend of mine who is looking to lease a leftover '07 FX35 AWD ...

I think he may have missed the boat on the excellent MF from August, but I do know there is now $3000 cash available - but I think the lower money factor was still better.

In any event, can you give me the Residual and MF for an '07 FX35 AWD for both 24 and 36 months, with 12000 miles ???

Thanks so much !!!
  • CarMan, my 2006 FX35 12 month lease expires the end of September and I would love to get a new FX. My current payment is $560 (loaded with Chrome wheels). I put $1200 down. What could I should I target for a new 24 month lease?
  • Hello Car_man,

I would like to know the money factor and percentage residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 or 2008 FX35 2WD?
    and what would be for a 36 months lease?

thanks.
  • I just got a great deal from kings infiniti in Brooklyn. 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with touring and hands free package for $362 for a month for 24 months with 2,900 down.
  • My wife has a 2004 FX35, suckered into a 60 month lease, still owes $12,000, $30,000 to pay lease off, wants to trade early cause already has 72,000 miles on it. Wants another Infiniti lease (either G35S or another FX35) but cant find a similar payment. Currently paying $575/month. Any advise from anyone out there?
  • tsoltsol Posts: 40
    What payments are you finding and how equipped?

Just picked up '08 with Touring, hands free, ipod, splash, a few oddities, list 42,800 for 10k miles, 36 mo.

568.00/month with 568.00 (first month payment) down. The MFs are high on these cars right now for some reason.
  • all over the board. because of the neg. equity on her car, hv had payments from 650 - 850/month. withouth trade, best deal I have seen is on a 2008 Fx 35, touring, handsfree, splash, msrp $40,825, their price - $35,803 +tax, 36mo, 15k, 51% resid, .00243 buy rate (52% resid. at 12k).
  • My 12 month lease of a 2006 FX35 (Touring, Handsfree, no nav, not sport) is up Nov-3. I'm currently paying $465/month including 7% for 15Kmiles 1 year. Dealer called me offering 2008 FX35 same options as my 2006 for $499/month including tax + BankFee, DocFee, Reg for 39Mon term. I wasn't interested. He called again 2 wks later offering same pmt I'm in today $465 including tax, 2 year lease nothing down, only first + BankFee+DocFee+Reg due at signing and 12Kmiles per year. Not sure if this is a good deal? I'm told this is for September only.

Car_Man can you advise what the money factor, residual, would be for 24 month lease 10, 12 and 15K miles per year please? I am in the RI/MA area. Thank you!
  • I have been looking all over the net trying to find an accurate listing of the current lease rates available on the FX35 and came across this info:

New Lease Program for 2008 FX???

I was wondering if anybody could confirm that Infiniti has released a new lease program for the remainder of the month? Car_man can you deny or confirm this and provide any further insight?
  • Just got my 2008 AWD FX35 on Tuesday. I love it! I just thought I'd post the deal I ended up with for others to reference since other's previous posts helped me out alot.

Packages:
    Touring
    Hands Free
    Cargo mat
    Splash guards
    Black roof rail crossbars

MSRP 42,265
    Invoice 39,234
    Cap Cost 36,649
    Residual 50%
    Money Factor .00243
    15,000 miles a year
    Term 42 Months
    No Money Down
    Base Monthly Payment $578.00

I think it was a good deal (too late now haha). Hope this helps any others looking to lease. Also, I live in the DC metro area in case that affects the numbers.
  • I doubled checked my lease agreement and it looks like the residual maybe 51% and the total capitalized cost is closer to 39k. My sale price was actually $36,616.
  • I just had a conversation with my Infiniti dealer and got some updates on where the new lease deals are at. Here is what info I was able to have him provide me in regards to a 2008 FX35 FWD.

24 months
    68% Residual
    .00084 MF

39 months
    55% Residual
    .00127 MF

These are all with 15k miles per year.

The 36 month was basically in the middle of those so I did not really pursue it and the AWD had a bit higher residual and MF, but not sure what those are.

I was also told that they are trying to have a "sales blitz" for the remainder of the month as sales had dropped off drastically for the FX so far for Sept.
  • jhyoojhyoo Posts: 13
    I just wanted to say thanks to all of you especially Car_man for all the help over the years. I need your help again! Like a lot of you, my lease is ending on my FX 35 awd touring and hands free in the middle of Nov. Last year Nov, I got into that great deal the Infiniti was running on the FX 35. I would like to get into another FX 35 or EX in a month. Can you please list the residual values and money factors for this month for the FX? Also, if you had any information on the what the new EX is going to be?
  • jhyoojhyoo Posts: 13
    Sorry, I need to clarify some things. What would the residual value and money factor be for a FX35 for 24 and 36 months with 18,000 miles/year? Also, I see people asking for 27 months or 39 months, what's the advantage for doing that? And, does anyone know what the residual values and money factors are going to be based off for the EX? Thanks Again, everyone!