Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• I was given a money factor of .00236 on a 36 month 15 miles per year lease. Is this money factor crazy high?

Bub
  • FYI, I just got a MF of .00133 from Infiniti of Manhasset, NY.

Use this spreadsheet to assist w/ Lease calculations...

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/regm.xls

-Justin
  • Hey everyone,

I'm looking at a 2008 FX35 AWD with Touring, hands-free, and the ipod adapter. Every dealership is indicating there offer is at invoice which is great but I can't get any consistent answers on the residual and MF. I'm looking to do a 24 mo with 12K. One dealer quoted .00085/69 while another quoted .0014/67. Did they change for November? Why would the residual for AWD be 67 instead of 69 - this makes little sense.

Any feedback anyone has would be great!

Charles
  • yurinyurin Posts: 1
    Dear Carman,
    we just signed a deal for 2008 Infiniti FX35 with touring package and hands free package. The lease is for 24 months, with 12,000 miles per year, we paid only registration fees upfront ($444, NJ). The monthly payment is $559. Is it a good deal?

Separate question: we were told that $2,500 cash to dealer cannot be used when IFS leases, but it CAN be used with the other leasing companies (Chase, Bank of America, etc). Do you know any numbers for MFs from Chase?
  • Looking at an RWD FX35 with touring, tech, and handsfree package... just coming off of a an 06 12 month lease, and I love the car... Just starting off my search, and I got some lease numbers on a lease from my local dealer

term: 36 month
    MF: .001
    Residual: 55%
    MSRP: 44,875
    Cap Cost: 43,000
    15,000 miles: $584+tax
    20,000 miles: $626+tax

This seemed kind of high to me... any input on current residuals and MF's?

about $1500 due at signing (supposedly includes 1st payment, but it is to my understanding that IFS is covering the 1st payment when re-leasing a new car. The dealer has to confirm this, but I got a marketing call from IFS advising me of this offer).
  • Im looking at leasing an FX, does anyone know the residuals and MF for 24m through NMAC for both the 35 and the 45 for this month. Thanks,

David
  • I'm in the same boat as you... here are the latest numbers I got from a local dealer:

MSRP: $44875
    Cap Cost: $41229
    24 month, 15K Miles
    MF=.00001 with Tier 1 credit
    65% residual

2008 Fx35 RWD Tech pkg, Handsfree Pkg, Touring Pkg

I asked for it to be quoted with 5K add'l miles per year. Im told this is at $0.10 per mile instead of $0.20 after the lease end.

He quoted me $569.84 + tax with no cap cost reduction.

With my calculations, without the add'l miles, a standard 24 month, 15K lease should price out around $528.17 + tax.

I hope this answers your questions. I would appreciate anyone else's input to help verify these numbers, and the integrity of the deal!

Thanks!
  • I'M looking for an Infiniti FX 45 2006-2008 with a car note payment of $450.00 to $550.00 I like to know if thats possible? I live in Chicago Illinois
  • carman or other experts,

what is the the mf and residual on the advertised 24 month special?
  • Thanks Car Man, I am ready to pull the trigger on a 2008 2WD FX35 12k miles with tech, touring, handsfree, + chrome wheels for 24 months for $544/month, with $1000 drive off (which is less the customer loyalty 1st payment). Is there anything I am leaving on the table? MF of .0001 and residual of 66%. Thanks!
  • Are you able to addthe $2500 marketing support to the $389 lease special as your cap reduction? Thus leaving $1139 OOP?
  • You're welcome, jhyoo. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00014 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00106 and 56%.

IFS' current 24 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00285 and 57%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00285 and 47%. As you can see, Infiniti is no longer providing lease support on the '07 FX. The bad news is that this means its money factor will be high and its residual value will be low. The good news is that it means you can use the $3,000 dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on it to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your deal and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey jhyoo. The $2,500 dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on the 2008 FX35 cannot be combined with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings JessieM. You never mentioned the selling price of the FX that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

For now I can tell you that the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark up Infiniti Financial Services' $595 base acquisition fee by $200. Also, make sure that the dealer is using IFS' 39 month buy rate lease money factor of .00105 to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment. They may be trying to mark up your money factor as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey jhyoo. The selling price that you were quoted for the FX that you are interested in is around $788 over dealer invoice, which isn't bad. However, the money factor that you were quoted looks way too high. Infiniti Financial Services' new November buy rate for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD is .00014 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the factor that is used to calculate your vehicle's payment is more in line with this.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Bub. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 FX35 AWD is .00106, so yes the factor that you were quoted does appear to be a little high. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses the buy rate to calculate your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings camy2079. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00014 and 67%, respectively. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses these numbers to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello yurin. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the FX35 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

For now I can tell you that the $2,500 dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on the '08 FX35 cannot be combined with its special lease program but it can be used on leases through independent banks. I do not personally keep tabs on the lease programs of banks other than IFS, but I suspect that you would be better off going through IFS than using the $2,500 and leasing through a different bank.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bfox2718. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 FX35 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00099 and 55%, respectively.

As far as this vehicle's price goes, the FX that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,900 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts the $1,875 discount that you were quoted at around $2,000 or so over invoice. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat that. Make sure to stop by the "Infiniti FX45 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi car_man,
    I'm interested in leasing an FX35...I test drove it a few times at various dealers and have been offered quotes for the lease..The one I like and think the best of what I got offered is:
    Black on Black
    2008 FX35 RWD (Touring, Hands Free, Sport, Splash guards, Silver roof rails)
    24 mo. Lease for 390.00 (incl taxes)
    Driveoff with 3,500.00 down (incl. Down pay, 1st mo pay and all taxes, titles..)
    and a residual of 27,900.00 after the lease...

Is this a good Deal..??
    I live in Northern CA...If that helps...
    Thank you