Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• Get this - I just spoke to the finance manager and he said the dealership has to pay the rent too, and he referenced $500 in the same breath. LOL

Yes, it is exactly $600 a month, so they must be making slightly less than $500 over the life of the lease.

I don't feel like it's a poor deal for me, the sale price is close to invoice, and I essentially put very little done and got 39 month terms.

I would sleep ok over this deal ...
  • eoseireeoseire Posts: 14
    Well there you go!

The mystery $500 !!!

Pity they just couldn't be straight with you in the beginning. They just didn't expect you to run the numbers.

I'd still want to see everything printed up so there are no surprises on the day you go to sign the contract.

Just goes to show it doesn't hurt to ask questions.

If you're happy with the numbers now that you know the score then go for it.

It's a sweet car. I have a first gen. FX currently and love it.

Enjoy it.
  • ya, thanks for the words of encouragement. I plan to pick the car up tomorrow night, so I will see the numbers in writing and go from there. btw - it's Liquid Platinum with the Java leather. Really smart looking in person. (I don't think the new model photographs particularly well) LOL

What year is your FX? I had an '06 with Sport and Touring packages. Great, fun drive. But the new model takes the vehicle to a new level. In my view.
  • eoseireeoseire Posts: 14
    I have an '07. Have to change it in a few months.
    Sounds like yourself a nice upgrade.
    Enjoy!
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Posts: 51
    According to Automotive News, a trade publication, the following was listed as DEALER INCENTIVES.

NISSAN NORTH AMERICA
    Expires June 30.
    2009 models
    Infiniti QX56 $6,000

FX50, M45 $5,000

FX35, M35 $4,000

G37 $2,000

I assume that the $2,000 loyalty cash, which is a customer incentive, is also available.
  • navboynavboy Posts: 32
    Thanks! I have a question:

1) Can the $4,000 FX35 incentive be applied toward a lease (even partially)?

I am trying to work a deal, and find that if i can get a $2,000 loyalty discount, and another $3,000 discount, on a lease, I could afford an fx35.
  • You definitely cannot combine the 2k loyalty discount (which is for leases) along with the discount off MSRP. That discount is for a purchase of the vehicle. You have to negotiate your sale price and then you get the 2k loyalty.

Also, there are great finance programs from IFS as well, but you cannot combine a low APR offer with a reduced MSRP either.

It's either 2k loyalty on a lease (w/ good money factors right now) or a purchase with either a reduced MSRP or low finance APR.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hbo1ny, sometimes programs change at the beginning of a new quarter and sometimes they don't. Apparently IFS' lease program for the FX35 is still the same as it was last month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi funtodrive1. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00091 and 51%. If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello calease. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Infiniti FX50 with 15,000 miles per year are .00116 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00116 and 47%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 1% higher. Its 10k resids are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey calease. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hbo1ny. The highest mileage allowance that Infiniti Financial Services publishes residual values for is 15,000 miles per year. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00091 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lacucina. I would be happy to use Infiniti's current lease program to work up a sample lease payment on the exact FX that you are considering replacing your current one with if you provide me with its full MSRP and selling price. If you don't know what sort of selling price to shoot for you can replace that number with its dealer invoice price. These prices are available right here in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know what these prices are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi navboy. Infiniti is indeed providing $4,000 dealer cash on the 2009 FX35 right now. Unfortunately, this cash is not compatible with its special lease program. The $2,000 loyalty cash that you mentioned is available on leases however.

Car_man
    Host
  • breesbrees Posts: 8
    A dealer told me that Infiniti is not producing any new 2009 models untill june 2009 has anyone heard that? and what can that mean - make demand higher or what. Please answer anyone. :confuse:
  • Sounds right to me. Based on my recent experience, the inventories are very slim around the country. And there was never any comment as to when new cars would arrive, but it was clear (in my experience) the dealer was not expecting deliveries of new cars any time soon.
    I was told that Infiniti just started doing this to "be exclusive" they do this to re evaluate the cars performance in the market and push other models - I am so confused i have a deal right now FX 35 2009 15,000 miles 569 a month 5k down car is loaded with prem/ nav/ deluxe touring and splash guards i am not sure if this is a good deal or not Jayrandall from your experience what do you think? please be honest- by the way this is in Houston, TX

Thanks.
  • Sure. I don't have a problem with your monthly payment, but 5k down is too much. Are they selling you the car at invoice price? And does the $569 include tax?

How are you breaking down the $5,000. Does it include the first payment and a cap cost reduction, etc?
    I am not sure - but the dealer did say they were having a no tax lease program and i want to assume that it includes the first payment cap cost reduction i will find out and let you know -

thanks.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,295
    Would you be eligible for the 2k lease loyalty if you were turning in a murano.? The lease contract is with nissan/infinity.
  • carfanatikcarfanatik Posts: 1
    Hey Everybody.....in the process of a leasing a 2009 FX 35 RWD.........does anyone know the current residual and money factors for May 2009....i'm planning 15K miles for either a 36 or 39 month term. I would appreciate it. Thanks.
  • sananasanana Posts: 13
    Hi. I kind of have this urgent question. Fx is the first car that I will be leasing (owning to be exact) in my life. So I got some info from these forums and had an idea for a lease. Then I went for a test drive today and the salesman put me on the spot that what would be the deal that you would take the car today. I had some numbers from TMV and some MF and residuals ready. So I just said 675 per month for a nav and delux Turing and he seemed positive. It was weird! so I said that I come by tomorrow. Do you feel that with 1000 down this sounds reasonable? :confuse: I would really appreciate any reponse. This WA btw
    Check the dealer offerings on swapalease to see if your deal makes sense. You can call the leasing companies who list and request a quote for the exact car you want -- ask for zero down -- 36 months -- 10 or 12k per year. The lease assumptions posted by individuals are listed first -- not very attractive. Let us know how it goes.
  • coolguy8157coolguy8157 Posts: 29
    Hi, I just leased an FX. I'm from WA too. The best deal I got after a lot of back and forth was 626 + tax...for Premium, nav, deluxe, touring, 2500 down and 2000 loyalty rebate. The dealer is not willing to use IFS money factor. So I called off and leased one from CA. This is my deal Premium, Nav, Deluxe Touring, Ill Kick plates, Tow, Splash, Cargo etc., selling price 48500, 2500 down, 2000 rebate, IFS money factor and residuals for 39 mon/15000 miles. I'm extremely happy with the decision and the car is a blast to drive.. :) Hope this helps.
    Hi jayrider. Thanks for the info. I thought swapalease was a website to get into the middle of a lease. Can it be helpful even when I am getting a new lease?
    Hi coolguy8157,
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure as I was reading your reply. the 626 that you said was from CA not WA, right?
    Lots of new cars for lease. For instance. I saw an 09 Audi Q7 offered for $535 -36 month-10k.Zero down. Called and if I was ready to go was offered the same deal for the premium with roof and extras. Of course its in NYC but that gives you an idea of what is possible. After you get to the site click on search and enter the fx 35 -09 and hit search on the bottom. Scroll thru til you get to the dealers and check each one. Most of the low prices have $ down so keep looking. Good luck.
  • maverick09maverick09 Posts: 1
    Can you folks please tell me if this is a good deal or not. I'm new to leasing so would like your help.
    I'm looking at a 2009 FX35 AWD w/ Premium and Nav., Roof Rial, Cargo Org, Splash Guards.

Don't qualify for the 2K loyalty.

MSRP = $50360
    Invoice = $46137
    Sell price = $46200
    39 month lease at $579/mo with Total fees = $2500 out of pocket incl. Tax + registration in NJ (~$311 for 4 yrs)

Looking to buy now.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Maverick09
  • texfiretexfire Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can anyone explain how dealer tax credits can be used to decrease the cost of your lease? That's what a dealer is saying they'll do on my proposed lease.

Also, do money factors vary by anything more than model? Do they vary by the length of the lease? or by a vehicle having a sports package?

Anyone know the money factors for may? I'm looking at a fx50 with sport/tech if that helps..

Thanks so much!

chris
    You are eligible for a sales tax credit on your federal income tax. That is your money. Don't know what the dealer tax credit is. If the sales tax is 3k then you can deduct that next april. It effectively reduces your lease but has nothing to do with the dealer.