Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• Help car man...So Im in the process of negotiating a deal on an FX35 and EX35 and think I should be getting a better deal since I'm leasing 2 vehicles at once, north jersey area
    FX35 Premium and Nav. MSRP 49665
    Cap 44338
    Resid 24982
    39 months
    4000 down (less $2000 loyalty incentive)
    $588/month
    termination of current lease (3 months) and $500 credit milage/excess wear

EX35 Premium and Nav...MSRP 42265
    Cap 34959
    resid 27893
    39 mos
    4000 down
    $443/month

Is this good deal on either or both?
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Posts: 775
    The first 2010 FX should arrive in late October. I know they will have Black Obsidian, Moonlight White, Blue Slate, Platinum Graphite, Liquid Platinum, and Umbria Twilight - not sure if Mojave Copper and Midnight Mocha will still be offered. :D
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi cassy1028. Let's take a look at these deals. The 2009 FX35 that you are interested in has a dealer invoice price of $45,628. Is the capitalized cost that you mentioned this vehicle's gross capitalized cost before the down payment is being taken into account or its net cap cost after the down payment. If you're talking about just the straight selling price before the deduction of the down payment, this is a killer deal. The cap cost that you were quoted is below invoice. If the down payment is being taken into account, then this deal is around $700 over invoice, which still isn't bad.

The 2009 EX35 that you described probably has a spread of around $3,350 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The cap cost that you were quoted is way below that. The dealer must be taking the down payment of $3,500 ($4,000 - $500 loyalty) into account here. Even so, this deal still appears to be below invoice, which is excellent.

Other than the fact that you should go with zero down leases rather than making down payments, I personally don't see anything wrong with pulling the trigger on these deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • My 2006 FX35 awd lease will be expiring shortly and I would like another. What would be a good lease rate for the following vehicle 12k miles/yr 36 or 39 month ?

FX35 AWD black w/premium package $46,815
  • moahmoah Posts: 3
    Hi everyone.

Recently, I purchased G37 Journey Sedan in a SF bay area.
    Does anyone still have unredeemed reward number? Then could you share it?
    The redemption reward will give you $150.

My email address is moah.kim at gmail dot com.

Thank you!
    --Youngjin
  • Car Man- What are the Sept. money factors and residuals for the 2009 FX-35 AWD
    for 36 and 39 month leases with 15,000 miles per year mileage allowance. I plan to lease one soon.
  • This is a response to the EX deal
    "
    EX35 Premium and Nav...MSRP 42265
    Cap 34959
    resid 27893
    39 mos
    4000 down
    $443/month
    "

I am a newbie, and trying to understand this stuff from a cost basis.
    The EX figures are all off in my perception.

If the figures are right, you are paying $17000 for financing $7000 over 39 months. If I were presented these figures by the dealer, I would possibly pay the whole difference (cap-residual) up front with my credit card since i have %7.5 APR :) lol

The way that i look into the EX deal is this:

IMHO, their capitalization value above is not really true at least for residual value calculations.

$2863 is the price below MSRP that you are getting, so your Capitalization should read = $39402

39*$443 = $17277 + $4000 = $21277 is what goes out of your pocket in 39 months...

If you are paying $21277, your residual value should be somewhere north of (excluding the financing costs for 16K over 39 months) = $18125 (+ the financing cost that you will incur)...

The residual value figure that they have there for the EX is pretty off...

Either the residual value is %46 ($18125) and you are getting %0 percent, or the residual is %50 ($19701) and you are paying $1576 for financing $16K over 39 months.Or somewhere in between.

BTW, at the end, both does not seem so bad to me. So the numbers may be off, but the deal you are getting does not seem too bad . since %50 seems to be the residual that other individuals have posted, I would probably go with this. Any additional discounts that you can get on the price will lower your financing costs.

Again, if they show this figures to me, I'd say, OK, I am paying up front all the cap-residual and save myself a good $10K, lol.

But what do i know?
    ;)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,473
    Cap 34959
    resid 27893

You aren't financing $7000... you are financing the average of $34959 and $27893... Or... about $30,400...

Monthly depreciation + monthly finance charges = pre-tax lease payment

Even if you pay the entire depreciaton up front, you would still have monthly finance charges on the residual amount ($27893).

A lease is a lot like a mortgage loan... with an option to turn it in for the balance owed at the end of the lease..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi rubinstein7. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00054 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00056 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car man. What would be the money factor and residual for an FX-35 AWD with a 42 month lease at 15,000 miles per year?
  • No problem rubinstein7. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man-Thanks for the numbers. I discussed with the salesman at the dealership putting down multiple security deposits. Each security deposit lowers the money factor by .0001. Thus putting down 5 security deposits on a 39 month lease lowers the money factor to .00006. This lowers the lease payments by $35/month. That is a good deal. However what happens if your car is a total loss for any reason (most commonly theft or in an accident). Would you get your security deposits back? The car would have the usual comprehensive and collision insurance (provided by me) with $500 deductibles and gap insurance through Infiniti Financial Services. Would you lose the security deposits as you would if you had made a cap cost reduction? Thanks
  • jhyoojhyoo Posts: 13
    Hey Carman,
    What are the current lease rates for 2009 FX35 AWD for 24 months and 15000 miles and 24 months and 18000 miles?

Thanks,
    James
  • Hi Carman,

I'm sorry if I'm asking the same questions as others, but I am really new to leasing a car and am unsure about whether or not i'm getting a good deal. Here's what the dealership offered me today for a 2009 infiniti fx35 awd with premium and navi package:

42 month term
    $618/month payment
    12k miles
    $3500 downpayment including tt&l

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
  • Hi James. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00054 and 49%, respectively. You definitely do not want to lease any Infiniti for 24 months. It is no longer providing support on two year leases. As a result, its money factor for a two year lease would skyrocket to .00280.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • My M35 lease expires mid-January. I love the features but really need a SUV. Please help with the following questions. Thanks.

--The current early lease termination program expires 12/31. Do you think this will be extended?
    --When will the '10 models come out?
    --Is the FX50 worth the cost, or should I get a loaded FX35?
    --When is the exterior body style overhaul expected?
  • Don't worry about it, tweepee. I'm always glad to help. The best way for me to evaluate this deal is for me to take a look at what this truck's selling price is like in relation to its full MSRP or dealer invoice price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and whether there is still room left to negotiate. Let me know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • jenp123jenp123 Posts: 39
    I think right now the lease rates can't compare to the actual price you would purchase and finance the car- especially if you are looking for a 42 mo. term. I turned in a lease and ended up purchasing with 10k off of MSRP and 3.9% financing- I put 10k down and my pymts will be exactly $500- its just made more since to purchase- b/c I would have been losing and paying more money in the long run on the lease.
  • Car_man I have a question?
    I haven't gone to the dealer yet but was trying to get ideal for I go.

For example if a FX35 Premium with Nav. MSRP 49660 Then the sales price 45000, I am putting $4000 down, 49% resid,
    .00056 MF, for 39 months and 7% tax

Without the additional cost I come up with: $496.34

What are the additional cost that the dealer should charge me?
  • cfc09cfc09 Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Could you tell me the October money factors and residuals for 36 and 39 months on a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year? Many thanks in advance.
  • Hello, I a in New Jersey and am thinking of doing a lease on a fx35 awd
    price 50,032
    42 month term
    15k miles
    Now this is my fist post so not sure what other factors you will need to give you but I'm trying to get a idea on how much a lease would be per month on this car.
  • bashinbashin Posts: 26
    Does anyone have a good deal worth posting on here? Also, what is the MF/Residual for 39 month leases with 12k or 15k miles?

Thanks!
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,397
    The infinity lease for an awd fx35 prem+nav would be 641 before taxes. Zero down.If you financed the 10k you put down the payment would be 748. Total of 31414. The lease would be 26922. Total of 4500 more to own the car. Better to buy unless you keep getting a new ride every 42 months.
  • Hi eddieb9. I see that you are considering making a $4,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. I do so because those who make large down payments risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

As far as what you will have to pay at lease signing goes, you will have to pay your truck's first month's payment, Infiniti Financial Services' $595 acquisition fee, a security deposit equivalent to your truck's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment (unless it is waived), any capitalized cost that you choose to make (as I mentioned ideally this should be zero), and any required taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi cfc09. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00054 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00056 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome nickerbokor. I'd be happy to help you figure out how much this truck is going to cost to lease. Is the $50,032 that you mentioned this vehicle's selling price or its MSRP? I ask because I need both to work up a payment for you. Let me know what the other is and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
  • I haven't leased an FX, bashin, but I can give you an idea of what its lease program is currently like. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 48%, respectively. If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • 28firefighter, what dealer outside Philadelphia was this ?
  • drivadriva Posts: 2
    Hi
    I currently lease a 2008 FX, lease expiring later this year. This is what my dealer proposed to me on a new 2009 FX35 lease with premium and navigation:
    39 months, 10K miles/year (I drive around 8k a year...)

initial pay of 3334 to cover 1st month, taxes (said to be 1970), and bank fee (said to be 795). No cap cost reduction.

$560/month.

Is this a good deal? Is there any other questions I have to ask? I think infiniti bank charges 595... Could there be something weird there?

Thanks
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,397
    Awd or rwd? The only $ I would pay oop would be the 560 1st payment. Roll the rest into the lease. Another $70 or so per month.