Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• srz948srz948 Posts: 63
    I have a 2005 FX35 with a lease termination in September 2008. Three years ago when the lease on my QX4 had 7 months left Infiniti started sending me various incentives to stay with them. First they would wave damage up to $500, followed by an excess mileage waiver, and finally they offered all that + they would make the last 6 months of lease payments if I were to lease a new Infiniti in the month of July 2005.

Now with the auto industry in turmoil you would think I'd be getting incentives out the wazoo. NOTHING AT ALL !!!! Not even the usual advertising packets. All I got was a postcard offering a test drive of the new FX50.

Can anyone out there offer an explanation?
  • yyykenyyyken Posts: 14
    Back in 2005 they were probably in good shape on the residuals, where now they're probably tight, hoping the used car market improves between now & when your lease is up later this year. . . .
  • I think you've probably pegged it right there; they are basically forcing anyone who isn't completely careless with their money to buy an 08'. I frankly don't like the 08s nearly as much as the 09s so the great deals to be had are useless for me. I might buy/lease a G37 when the new one comes out unless the FX's price stabilizes first. The G was the first Infiniti I was to buy until I saw what the 09 FX was going to look like. I've waited so long by now, I can wait to they get reasonable.
  • nixstangnixstang Posts: 1
    I have been dealing with a dealership here in houston and the best they can do for an 08, tour/sport/handfree/ipod 24/12 is:
    GROSS CAP. COST ITEMIZATION
    1st Month Payment: $749.64
    License Fees: $127.05
    TOTAL DRIVE OFF: $876.69
    CASH DUE ON DELIVERY: $876.69
    Vehicle Price: $36,500.00
    Documentation Fees: $50.00
    Acquisition Fee: $595.00
    GROSS CAPITALIZED COST: $39,426.25
    MONTHLY PAYMENT DETERMINATION
    Value of Vehicle + AMO's: $36,500.00
    Gross Cap Cost: $39,426.25
    Adj. Cap Cost: $39,426.25
    Residual: $25,735.80
    Depreciation: $13,690.45
    Rent: $4,300.80
    TOTAL OF BASE PAYMENTS: $17,991.25
    # of Pmts: 24
    TOTAL PAYMENT: $749.64
    http://www.infiniticalifornia.com/offers/infiniti-overstock-sale-california.aspx- ?id=10

2008 FX35: Touring: In dealer stock only. $41,270 MSRP, $2995 total down, 39 months, 10k miles per year, $419 +tx.

2009 FX35: Touring, In dealer stock only. $41,910 MSRP, $1995 total down, 39 months, 10k miler per year, $659 + tx.

Spread the down over the payments(interest adjusted), & we've got $500 a month vs $715 a month! Or a pretty loaded '09 (51k MSRP) for $870, vs $620 with the same deal as the '08. . . $250 extra month! . . I think I'm buying some Nissan stock! :)
  • songrysongry Posts: 3
    MSRP $45120

Sports package
    Hand free
    Touring
    iPod
    and some other accessories

Invoice $41206

Got an offer for $35529 (by opting for $5,000 Manufacturer to dealer marketing support)

I was trying to go for $11,000 below the MSRP. Do you guys think it's possible?

Also, is it possible to negotiate below the invoice price if I go for 0% financing? (probably not $5,000 below, but may be for $2,500??)

I'm confused. The TMV on Edmund shows around $38000. Carsdirect's target price shows $36000. Did the price from Edmund took account for $5,000 rebate?

If not, does this mean that I can go for $33,000????

Please advise me guys.
  • zkaudiozkaudio Posts: 60
    So,

Looking at an 08 fx35 2wd w/
    touring
    tech
    hands free
    ipod
    splash guards
    cargo mat

msrp 45570
    sell @ 36,025
    Residual 58% (15k/yr)
    Money Rate .00240

2k Drive off
    511/mo + tax

Good deal? This is in the Los Angeles Area
    the suv forums have all but come to a standstill! Anyone have input on the above lease? Supposed to sign today
    sounds like a good deal to me!!!
    the rate looks a little high? Are they taking back some of the price there?
    Signed yesterday... as of July 8th, infiniti pulled their GREAT lease numbers and replaced them with the crap rate of .0024 and a sub 60% residual... I ended up getting the car for a FULL 10k below sticker though so, payment is under 550/mo including ca tax... either way, this car will have a fantastic lease end buyout if I want it as well.. I think 23k after 2 yrs based on our lease terms. Ideally I wanted the sports package, but couldn't find one locally that had all the other goodies inside, nav, handsfree, ipod, etc.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Congratulations on getting your new FX, zkaudio. You're right, Infiniti replaced its special lease program on this model with dealer cash. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • srz948srz948 Posts: 63
    I don't put on much mileage anymore and was considering buying my 2005 FX35 at lease end. The buy back is $23,000. Does anyone know if Infiniti Finance negotiates on price? My past experience has been no. At the right price I might take it.
  • Car Man !

I am getting following deal and need ur input pls.

15,000 miles annually
    39 months
    2,500 down including first month payment
    525 per month

This is for base AWD model 2008.

Thanks in advance!
  • Car Man ,

Since u did not respond the only other way for me to verify if the deal was good ..to shop around.Since no one could match above numbers I have gone ahead and signed the lease with following details:

15,000 Miles P.A.
    39 months
    2488 due at signing which includes 525 first month payment plus DMV,inception fees of 500 and NJ sales tax..

BTW since dealer had committed a particular color to me and salesman did not realize that the same is with Sport Package...I guess which is a bonus at this price... :D .
  • So basically you leased a year old one with the old one old body style for 525 a month? I'm looking at the 09 Fully loaded and lowest I was quoted so far was $615 a month.
  • $615 a month!? How and where did you get that price, since that is awfully good. I'm looking to get a 09 FX35 AWD with Nav, Premium and Touring, and the lowest I've been able to get so far is in the high 700's including tax, and about $1800 due at signing.
  • So far I got a quote for $619 a month for 2009 FX35 from Kings Infiniti in Brooklyn.
    If you are getting 615 I think that's about it. The sales manager asking for $1750 due at signing, that's including 1st payment and bank fees and misc fees. all tax roll into payments.
    Specs:
    AWD with Nav, Premium, Tech Package.

Is anyone getting a quote for less than $600? I am tring to find a better quote.
  • That deal is great from what I can tell. How many miles/year? Do you know the cap cost, MF and residual?

How did you get them to go that low? Like I said, the dealers I have looked at are quoting much higher. I was expecting to be able to do low $700's easy, but this is obviously much better.

Car_man, can you enlighten us to the official IFS MF/residuals?
  • dmcmdmcm Posts: 12
    This sounds decent. I have been looking at a 2009 as my lease expires on my present FX in Dec 09 and so far the best I have seen is in the low 700's. To know if this is a good deal you need Cap cost, residual and MF. Infinti usually has a year end promotion in Dec so I am going to wait till then unless the rates get better over the next 60 days or so.