Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• jay - here's the deal straight from infiniti.com

$539 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    39 Month Term
    $3394 Down Payment
    NA Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions Lease is based on 2009 FX35 AWD with Premium and Navigation Package with MSRP of $49,665.

I am essentially getting the same deal, adding on deluxe touring, for $559/month

Do dealers even negotiate on down payment for a program?
  • Chicarguy: I definitely believe that the down payment is negotiable. In fact, I know it is. For every car deal I have negotiated, the down payment was always left up to me and my budget, etc.

I think most unassuming consumers don't know what they can negotiate, or what parts of the deal are 'movable'. The down payment is definitely a movable variable. And that's why these forums are great.
  • hey everyone... so i got the following deal tonight and thinking about biting tomorrow:
    MSRP $41,815
    Residual: 50% $20,907
    42 mth, 10k/yr.
    MF: 0.00107
    Cap cost: $38,xxx (don't have the exact # in front of me)
    Drive off: $539

Mthly: $539

Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking it's a pretty good deal from what I've seen. Thanks everyone.
  • Hi CptBlood. Just tell the dealer that you are currently leasing an FX35 and you will be able to take the $2,000 lease loyalty incentive into account when negotiating the selling price for your new FX.

You definitely should negotiate the selling price of the new FX that you want. Tthe selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If I was in the market for an '09 FX35 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of slightly over dealer invoice...and have the loyalty cash that you are eligible for subtracted from that. You can look up the exact invoice price of the truck that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi fxsilver. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2009 FX35 2WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00114 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome, chrish11. $500 over invoice is a pretty good deal for this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi hbo1ny. Infiniti is providing $3,000 dealer cash on the 2009 FX35 in January. However, this cash incentive is not compatible with its special lease program, only the $2,000 loyalty cash is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi FX35_Newbie. For a newbie, it looks to me as though you've negotiated a pretty good deal on this truck. The money factor is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current program for this model and a $5,000 dealer discount is outstanding. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Oh, and don't forget to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello chrish11. Unfortunately, the $3,000 dealer cash is not compatible with Infiniti's special lease program, only the $2,000 loyalty cash is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Latest offer:

$0 down
    $729/month (includes sales and Chicago lease tax)
    39 month lease
    10k mile/year

FX35 AWD - $52,685 MSRP

Thoughts? Every 1k down will reduce the payment around $25/month.
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Posts: 541
    ... the $3,000 dealer cash is not compatible with Infiniti's special lease program, only the $2,000 loyalty cash is.

What is this $2000 loyalty cash? I am aware of the earlier $4000 Loyalty Cash and the current $3000 Dealer Cash; but what is the current $2000 Loyalty Cash you are speaking of?

I am interested in purchasing an FX35 and am trying to figure out just how far below Invoice I can go. Thanks.
  • Hi chicarguy. Consumers can always lease without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. In fact, it is your best interest not to make one when leasing. Lessees who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you will be much safer going with a zero down lease.

As far as the advertised lease that you mentioned goes, this is an official Infiniti advertisement for this truck. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to beat manufacturers' official advertised deals by negotiating a lower selling price than the one that was used to calculate them. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them, Shop around and shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible on the new FX that you want. You can look up its exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi msu79gt82. Infiniti was providing $4,000 owner loyalty cash on purchases, not leases, of the '09 FX35 in December. I don't believe that the four grand is still available. It has only been providing $2,000 loyalty cash on IFS leases. I know that two grand on leases definitely is still available in January.

Car_man
    Host
  • This is my latest info...

MSRP. $52,460.00
    Cap Cost $45,928.65
    Doc Fee. $176.65
    Plates $143.00
    Money Factor 1.090
    Residual $27,803.80 -53% of MSRP
    Monthly Payment - $729
    Due at Signing - $1047

That money factor seems strange compared to what I've seen on this board. Can someone explain better to me?
  • Chicarguyl: Do you have the decimal (money factor) in the wrong place? How many months is the lease?
  • yea, i looked it up and apparently some dealers quote the MF that way. Thanks!
  • Hello Car Man-

I was originally looking for a FX35 but the MF and residuals on a RWD are so poor that I am considering a FX50 to see if I can get a bigger bang for my buck.

Can you provide the MF and residuals for the following please?

2009 FX50 Base 39, 42 and 48 month lease 10k miles

2009 FX35 2WD, Premium 39, 42 and 48 month lease

I am in Texas and we literally have NO AWD vehicles. Thanks
  • LASpursLASpurs Posts: 13
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I could ask some quick advice.

I am currently in a 2006 G35 Coupe that I would dearly love to get rid of. I am 32 months into a 39 month lease and was wondering what, if anything, I could do to get out of the lease and into a new car.

Originally I was looking at a Murano but also thought it might be an idea to look at the new FX 35.

Earlier today I was quoted the following at an Infiniti dealership here in L.A.:-

$3,500 to clear the lease
    $1,200 dealer payment

$550 a month (ex tax) on a 39 month lease with 10,000 miles a year on the lease.

The sales manager said the residuals on the FX 35 are dropping, he had then at 52%. He also said that by the end of my current lease the monthly payments could go up as the banks do not want people leasing cars and with the worsening economy the residuals could drop further.

Now I don't think for a minute it could get so bad it would be worth paying $3,500 now to get out of the lease as there is the possibility lease payments could go up by $100 a month in 7 months time. Only if that was to happen would paying off the lease now make sense.

I am also using a VPP as I have friends that work for Nissan.

Any advice would be great, thanks!
  • br2376br2376 Posts: 9
    I have decided that I will go with another FX35 in the next month (lease is over March 19) and I was wondering if I could do something along the lines of leasing an 09 with the 18s and swapping them out for the stock 20s I have now on my 05 sport.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  • I don't use that much mileage and just am wondering if doing a 9k/mi is uncommon in lease deals.

Thanks for any input in advance.