Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi snooz. This model's lease payment will depend upon its MSRP and selling price. If you provide me with the MSRP and an approximate selling price for the FX35 that you are considering, I would be happy to give you an idea of what its lease payment should be like right now. If you have no idea what its selling price should be, at least provide me with its dealer invoice price and I'll just assume that you can get one for a certain amount of money over that. The pricing info that I mentioned can be found in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi abhuta. This isn't exactly a special program that only this dealer can offer you. Infiniti Financial Services will waive a certain amount of wear and tear or excess mileage charges for any returning lessee. Furthermore, IFS is waiving its security deposit requirement for anyone who leases an Infiniti right now. I am not aware of any money factor reduction from IFS for returning lessees, but I suppose that this is possible.

As far as this model's current lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00189 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00219 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • abhutaabhuta Posts: 17
    Thanks a lot for your help!
  • promtberpromtber Posts: 3
    What is the best deal you can get on a FX35 12k miles with sports package. Im looking for a lease. Thanks
  • solorxsolorx Posts: 2
    I got a price from a dealer in pa. area for a loaded f/x 35.. hands free,tech package and sport package. List price 48000. invoice price 44800. MF is .002 and residual for 36 mo is 57% and 42 mo. is 54%.Dealer wants inception fees of 1400. which nets me a monthly of $613. including 9% tax. Is this a good deal?. I wanted under $600 complete. I refuse to add more upfront money. Am I getting a fair deal? Thanx.. PS 10K miles/yr
  • neilk356neilk356 Posts: 2
    Hi,

Thanks Car_man for helping us make an informed decision with leasing these cars. I was wondering if you could give me an opinion on the following terms for a lease in the Dallas area? My girlfriend has been talking with a salesperson and she relayed the following info.

FX 35 2wd with touring, hands free, and some other options
    MSRP - 40660
    Purchase = 38685 (According to infiniti.com, I guess I need to add $1,150 for deposit and acquisition fee to calculate cost
    Resid- 54%
    Money factor .00228
    Monthly payment - 614
    Term: 42 months
    Mileage: unsure if 12k or 15k... will find out.

Using the above numbers at http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm, I get 613.31/month with the 1,150 deposit and acquisition fee

I noticed that others are getting a better deal on the money factor and I pretty sure that we can negotiate a better deal on the car. Would we be better off going with a shorter lease, say 36-39 months? In your opinion, at what point should we buy rather than lease?

To complicate things further, the salesperson is trying to get her to terminate her current lease early (2.5 months). The buyout on her car is 17.8K and Infiniti said they would take it for 18.5K. Blue book on the car is 21,000 and she has 2 months left of lease payments at $500/month. I tend to buy my cars and keep them for a long time, so leasing is foreign to me, but I get the impression that turning her car in early to Infiniti is an expensive proposition. Should we wait until the end of the lease which is the end of June, or try to negotiate a better buy out from Infiniti?

THANKS SO MUCH,
    Neil
  • tiger123tiger123 Posts: 2
    What would it take for me to pay no more then $500 with taxes included a month on the Lease of a 2006 Infiniti FX 35 RWD, I' am not to worried about the options, as long as I can keep the monthly dues at that budget...

Can someone give me the entire formula that includes the following:

MSRP:
    Selling Price:
    Invoice Price:
    Money Factor:
    Capital Cost:
    Residual:
    Down Payment: If I can avoid giving a downpayment would be great!!!

Anything else I would need to know, please educate me on this; since I' am going to be leasing for the first time...

thanks to all in advance
  • mcrestonmcreston Posts: 6
    Is this a good deal in dallas?

MSRP: $50,810
    Selling Price: $47,049
    Invoice Price: $46,335
    Money Factor: .00259
    Residual: 55.0%
    Down Payment: $5000
    Monthly Payment: $665.35
    Term: 39 months

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this one, as mentioned in the title, it's a VPP deal so i am curious to see how much of a deal it is. thanks
    You're very welcome, abhuta.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi promtber. The best deal that you can get on this vehicle will be the one with the lowest possible selling price and the use of Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor. You should be able to get an idea of how much you would have to pay to lease this vehicle right now by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". As far as the money factor goes, this varies depending upon how long you want to lease for. If you let me know the desired length of your lease I can tell you what this number should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello solorx. You mentioned this vehicle's MSRP and invoice prices, but you never mentioned its selling price. Are you implying that you are getting it at invoice? If so, that is an excellent price. If not, what is its selling price? This number will help me to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, Neil. First let's take a look at this vehicle's current lease program. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00213 and 54%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit. IFS will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in your vehicle's money factor. Make sure that the dealer you are working with is using the buy rate money factor to calculate your lease payment.

Infiniti's most attractive lease term for this model is currently 36 months. Its 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate money factor and residual value are currently .00189 and 57%. Keep in mind though that generally speaking the shorter a lease is, the higher your lease payment will be. So even though the 36 month program is more attractive than the 42 month one is right now, your monthly payment might actually be higher.

As far as what you will have to pay at lease signing goes, you'll have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment (unless you decide to have it waived), IFS' $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Generally speaking, consumers are usually better off waiting until the scheduled end of their leases to get a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome tiger123. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You can find the MSRP and invoice prices of the vehicle that you are interested by looking it up in the following section of Edmunds.com: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. As far as its selling price goes, you should be able to get a good idea of how much you should pay for an FX35 right now by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Its money factor and residual value will vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. If you let me know the term and mileage allowance that you are interested in, I can tell you what the money factor and residual should be. Consumers can and should lease vehicles without making any sort of down payment. The only things that you will have to pay at lease signing are your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, IFS' $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mcreston. $700 over invoice seems like a reasonable price for an FX45 to me, but you might want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for their FXs lately: kirstie_h, "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 1 Aug 2003 6:06 am. The money factor that you were quoted for this model is a little high though. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2006 FX45 is only .00199. Make sure to insist that the dealer you are working with uses the buy rate to calculate your FX's monthly payment.

I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your FX45 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $5,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • solorxsolorx Posts: 2
    Hi car_man.. The dealer claims the sell price is about $45000. I figure they're making 200-500 over invoice. They keep wanting more money down but that won't happen. If this is the case, do you think the deal will work for me? Thanks for your help.
    Thanks for the additional information, solorx. OK, so you are interested in leasing a loaded 2006 Infiniti FX35 with an MSRP of $48,000 and a selling price of $45,000 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $618. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease of this vehicle should be $613. The payment for an otherwise identical 42 month lease of this model should be around $632.

Car_man
    Host
  • seanh2oseanh2o Posts: 27
    I got the following rates for FX35 AWD by infiniti by a salesman. Can you tell me if this is reasonable?

* These are for 12000. For 15000 it would be 1% less in residual.

1. 36 months, 0.00193, 59%
    2. 39 months, 0.00221, 58%
    3. 42 months, 0.00200, 55%

The sales man recommends 42 months which offers significantly lower monthly payment. I am looking at FX35 AWD with sport and touring. The price quoted is roughly 300 over invoice, $40548.09.

They also added the tax in the total cap. The initial payment is 1st month pay, bank fee plus license and tax.

Should I pursue other lease deals like 24 months? Any 24 months lease deal on this model by infiniti?

Anything I can do to improve it? :shades:
  • abhutaabhuta Posts: 17
    What's the payment?
  • seanh2oseanh2o Posts: 27
    The payment works out to be around 550 to 570.
  • gp1054gp1054 Posts: 1
    Does this sound like a good deal on an FX35 with Touring Package and Handsfree package. List is just over $42K I am getting it for $300 over invoice about $38500.

Up front cost = about $4300 which includes:
    Cap Cost reduction ($1650) + Tax + License Fee + Bank fee + 1st month.

Monthly payment is $462.50 for 36 months 12k/yr.

Give me your thoughts. Thanks.