Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Where can I negotiate on this offer I just received via phone ???

All info given to me by salesman
    MSRP $40,180
    Sale Price $35,800

MF .000410
    Residual 50%

08 G35x with premium and nav
    15k a year
    36 months
    $0 down

$452.34 a month
  • Well, first I just leased a car on Friday and my money factor was .00035 so that is one area to talk about. The Selling price is pretty good so there isn't much you can negotiate there.

My only question is on the 0 down. Is that 0 cap cost reduction, but you still have to pay first month, title, registration, dealer fee and acquisition fees? By the monthly payment amount that is what it looks like to me. So you still have to bring about 1700 to closing for all the fees. Seems like a pretty good deal to me though.
  • That was the first offer he gave me with no negotiation.
    He also said he has a couple sports in stock as well for about $10 more a month
    I think I might go with the sport but wanted to get the monthly a little cheaper
    I also figured that it was weird he said 0 down but the payment calculation did not work out correctly
    How low of a monthly do u think I can get here?
  • Hello,

This forum has helped me understand a lot. Below are the details of my current deal. I am hoping some of you can review this and give me some feedback.

Car: 2008 G37 Sport Coupe with Premuim Package.
    MSRP: $41,830.00
    Invoice: $37073.00

My price (after VPP discount): $37,509.00

Lease Details:
    Term: 36 months
    MF: 0.002270
    RES: 56
    Miles: 15,000
    $0 down (just 1st month payment)
    Monthly payment: $523

Your feedback will be greatly appretiated.

Thanks!
    - Sid
  • Hi dehanc. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 G35 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00005 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00035 and 49%.

If you were to lease a base 2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan through IFS right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00258 and 58%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00277 and 59%. This car's money factors are slightly lower in the Eastern U.S.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here you go, goparaju. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a base 2009 G37 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00279 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Sam. Here is the information that you're interested in. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37x Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00259 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00263 and 57%. If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher. Infiniti's lease program in its Eastern region are slightly lower than they are in the rest of the country (the ones that I just posted).

Infiniti is currently providing a $500 loyalty cash incentive to current IFS lessees who lease a new '09 G37 Sedan.

I completely agree with your thoughts on making down payments on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi leepoffaith. According to the latest information that I have seen, Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 G35 Journey Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00005 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00035 and 48%. Don't even bother looking at a 24 month lease. Infiniti is not providing support on two year leases right now, meaning that a two year lease of any Infiniti will be off the wall expensive.

The $1,000 bonus cash incentive that Infiniti is currently providing on the '08 G35 Sedan is compatible with its special lease program, but the $3,000 dealer cash that is available on this car is not.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Sid. I have a feeling that you can do better than $500 over dealer invoice on this car on your own. The $3,000 dealer cash that is available on this model right now is not compatible with its special lease program, but there is $500 bonus cash and some $500 dealer cash certificates floating around out there which are. If I was in the market for an '08 G35 Sedan, I personally would want to get it for at least $500 under dealer invoice.

Also, the money factor that you were quoted for this car is way too high. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 G37 Sport Coupe is only .00148 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If your credit is in good shape, the dealer is likely attempting to mark your car's money factor up in an effort to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal. Make sure to insist that they use the buy rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • sam_ksam_k Posts: 113
    Thanks Car_man. So how much above invoice price do you think I should pay for a loaded 2009 G37x? I used edmunds.com to price out a loaded G37x and it was $45K retail price, $41.1K invoice price and $41.9K TMV price which basically means that they're saying I can expect to pay about $800 above invoice price. Does that sound right to you or do you think I can do better?
  • do you have the money factor and residual value numbers for a 2008 g35x sedan 10k miles per year 36 month lease? thanks very much.
  • Hi Car_man,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    I did not quite understand your last statement:
    >>Make sure to insist that they use the buy rate to calculate your monthly payment.

What is the buy rate in my case? Is it $37,509

Also, can NAV be added to a car that does not already have one and how much more should this cost? The car i'm looking at is 2008 G37 Sport Coupe with Premium package.

Thanks,
    - Sid
  • I have been actively monitoring this thread for several months now. Thanks for all the great information. I would think due to the decline in sales and current economic conditions the offers would be more enticing :(

Is it me or Nissan/Infiniti are not aggressively trying to sell?
  • ronbarsronbars Posts: 11
    I am negotiating a lease for a 2008 G35 sedan. Does anyone know if the $3000 manufacturer to dealer cash (marketing support) can be used on leases? My salesman says it cannot be (and cannot be used with special low-rate IFS financing), but the $1000 sell down bonus cash CAN be. I am currently at $1000 under invoice.

Thanks!
  • dae928dae928 Posts: 19
    I had received quotes back in December for 2008 G35X, I decided not to act. Any idea how long Infiniti will continue leasing 2008's? I know the deal has changed from what I received. But from what I remember I was looking at MSRP 38,080, and selling price was at Invoice, so monthly payments for 39months, 12k/year, were $499 including Illinois taxes. I had to pay $1700 at signing. I think I can do better than this right now, any thoughts? I know the residual has changed, but so has the money factor.
  • gforce11gforce11 Posts: 225
    What carman means is the money factor. 37509 is your sale price/cap cost.
    You are essentially paying $500 over invoice, which is way too much for 08 models. You should be able to hit below invoice pricing. Dealers like VPP pricing because they get "credit" for a VPP sale, not to mention the higher sale price. Some dealers where giving near invoice or slightly below invoice pricing last year on the 08 G37s, I don't see why they can't do it this month since it is 2009 now.
  • Been asked and answered dozens of times, in fact it was answered only 11 posts ago. The answer is NO
  • fantomfantom Posts: 211
    A question for either Car_Man, or anyone else who knows.

In the most recent Infiniti and Rebates section it states:

Restrictions: $6000 Dealer cash may not be combined with 0.0% APR - 0.9 % APR and vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company.

What, exactly, is a captive finance company? It seems this isn't the IFS, but an internal dealership favored company. The inference being that the customer must finance the purchase through the dealer selected company at whatever rate the dealer/company imposes, to get the rebate.

Is this correct??? Thanks in advance.
  • The captive finance company is IFS.
  • keithlkeithl Posts: 106
    What has $6K incentives? G35?? Where did you see that I only see $3K and an additional $1K.
  • fantomfantom Posts: 211
    It's the M35 that has $6K in dealer cash plus $2K in customer cash for a purchase, not a lease.
  • recently i saw an ad for the ex 35 for $29,000 for 2000 down this seems too good to be true ,dont know what the mileage was 10k? for 339 per month, there must be some other hidden fees, i would like to lease again however i need 18k miles per year , i presently pay 359.00 per month on my altima se-r with 18k miles per year ,am i dreaming thinking i could get a comparable deal on the ex 35?
    thanks
  • polyvwpolyvw Posts: 18
    Car_Man -

Can you provide the MF/Resid/Rebates for a 36 and 39 mo lease with 15k / yr for theses two vehicles:

- 2008 G35 Sedan Journey w/ Premium
    - 2009 G37 Sedan Journey w/ Premium

I'm turning in in a Nissan Murano that's coming off lease, am I entitled to any loyalty programs?
  • From what I have seen the EX has been a total flop for Infiniti and they are trying anything they can to get rid of them. Look at the activity in the EX pricing forum and you can see there is next to no interest in the car. Personally I see no need for the car, its has less cargo space and rear leg room then a G and its not the most attractive car.

As far as the lease deal you will still have to pay taxes, registration/plates and a dealer doc fee.
  • You're very welcome, sam_k. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the G37 Sedan is like right now, but if I was interested in getting one I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars (less than $800) over dealer invoice and see what happens. You definitely should stop by the "Infiniti G35 G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi silverinfiniti. Infiniti's January lease program is scheduled to run through today, February 2nd. I will tell you what that program is like for now. Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days and I will tell you what the new program is like.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 G35X Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00041 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm glad that you enjoy this discussion so much, PursuitofG. The demand for new vehicles just isn't there right now. Manufacturers have increased their incentives somewhat, but at some point they are pushing on a string as the phrase goes. Incentives can only do so much to stimulate demand. We are now at the point where automakers are significantly cutting their production instead of cranking up incentives any further,

Furthermore, leasing is not nearly as attractive as it used to be. For years banks were overestimating vehicles' residual values. Now that the economy is slowing, these residual values look even worse. Banks are being forced to take huge losses on the leases that they wrote in the past so they are not willing to step up to the plate with the same sorts of programs that they offered in the past.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi polyvw. Infiniti's January lease program ran through yesterday, February 2nd. It is scheduled to publish its new February program some time later on today. Here is the expired program just to give you an idea of what you're looking at with this car. Please post a reminder here for me in a day or so and I'll be happy to fill you in on the details of the new Feb. program.

Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37 Sedan Journey with 15,000 miles per year were .00258 and 57%, respectively in most areas (this program was enhanced slightly in the Eastern U.S.). The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease were .00277 and 56%.

Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 G36 Sedan Journey with 15,000 miles per year were .00005 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease were .00035 and 48%.

I don't believe that current Nissan owners and lessees are eligible for Infiniti loyalty programs, but you should check with the dealer that you are working with to find out for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm also definitely looking forward to hearing the details about the February leasing information, specials, and incentives. Keep us posted!
  • Any update on Feb. program? Thanks!