Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• The negotiated price was something like 33,900 give or take a few bucks. Does that help?
  • Hi heaters. As you can see, Infiniti is not really providing any sort of lease support on the 2006 G35 yet. Infiniti Financial Services' money factor for this car is currently .00250, which is equivalent to an interest rate of around 6%. You should be able to beat this rate with a conventional loan. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally probably would not lease it. IFS' money factors are the same, regardless of what your vehicle's mileage allowance is, but for a 36 month lease its 12,000 miles per year residual values are 1% higher than its 15,000 miles per resids and its 10,000 miles per residuals are 2% higher than the 15K.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi Rhonda. Let me being by saying that $4,000 is way too much money to put down. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your G35 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $4,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi dklanecky. The money factor for your lease will not change at all if you lower your car's mileage allowance from 15,000 miles per year to 10,000, but the residual value for a 36 month lease would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Mike. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00250 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Yes, the selling price does help, nimajava. Thanks for the additional information. OK, according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe with an MSRP of $38,700 and a selling price of $33,900 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $425.

Car_man
    Host
  • rex32rex32 Posts: 4
    Hello,
    Thanks for the help Car_man. How much off of a fully loaded coupe can I expect (2006)? Thanks,
    Mike
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,867
    The price you are able to negotiate can vary a lot, depending on your skills and what the demand is in the area you're shopping. To get a better idea of what other shoppers are paying in your area, you can visit our Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience and have a look at some of the previous posts. I hope this will help you determine a good purchase price for the G35.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mead1mead1 Posts: 8
    Just wanted to share the lease I signed today--I think now is a good time to be leasing the 2005 G35 as they're desperate to make room for the 2006s.

2005 G35 Sedan
    Premium Package B
    Sport Package
    Navigation Package
    XM Radio
    Trunk Mat
    MSRP $38,190

36-month lease, 10k miles/year
    $1260 down (including 1st month, tax, tag, title, bank fees)
    $408/month (plus tax)

Dealer amortized $1260 down payment to arrive at "sign and drive" payment (35 installments) of $441/month (plus tax)
  • kki000kki000 Posts: 17
    Hi
    Ive been having a hard time finding an x with navi, but found this one in CT,
    .00113 mf
    58% residual
    problem is he is at 37428 sale price, (msrp 40920) which according to edmunds is about 400 over invoice. Dealer wouldnt move since he says this is one of few in the east coast with navi. (in 05)

Doc fee is also at 299, which everyone seems to think is pretty outrageous, but im finding the same fee from alot of dealers.

When u factor in tax 8.7 or so, monthly payments is 495, with 1545 upfront for fees/etc.
    Im only hesitant since i saw a deal for 422 for this car with 2350 upfront back in sept from another dealer.
    Please advise.
    TIA
  • Carman,

I am leasing a G35 AWD, I am going to put a ton of miles on the care 25-30k a year and was wondering if you could tell me what the residual would be after 24 months. Currently my lease is set for 36 months with a residual of 57%, reason I am interested in 24 months is that I will be out of warranty for most of the 3rd year.

Additionally, does anyone have experience with Infiniti's extended warranty, I generally do not sign up for these things but if I am going to be over with leased car not sure what I should do.

Thanks.
  • Car_Man

I'm looking to lease a 06 G35 Coupe 6MT in the next couple of days. MSRP is $37,780 and it includes Premium Package, Aero Package, and Carpet Trunk Mat. I was going to lease it for 42 months with 15k per year. The dealer told me $0 down, but the tax/title and first month payment would be $3,810.47 with monthly payments of $585.42. That seems a little bit high in a way. I went to Infiniti's web site and I put everything in: MSRP $37,780, Term 42 months, Mileage 15k, $0 down payment, and it gave me $549.55. I would owe $1,649.55 due at lease excluding tax/title.

I was wondering if you could tell me what would be the best monthly payment that I could get and what the residual value would be. I'm also thinking about putting down $3,000 as my down payment. Could you also tell me what my monthly payment would be and the residual value on that as well.

Thanks,

Christopher
  • jody6jody6 Posts: 1
    Car Man, do you know the m/f and residual numbers this month for 2005 G35x? Specifically 36 and 39 months. Thanks!
  • sdiver68sdiver68 Posts: 119
    Personally, I think if you can get him to knock out the doc fee which is outrageous, that is a pretty good price assuming what you say is true about the X with Navi being hard to find. From what I can tell, the X does not (yet?) have the dealer $500 incentive the regular G35 Sedan has.

Having said that, the local Infiniti dealer offered me an X with Premium but no Nav for my fiance at invoice price O-T-D, but he also can count on my service revenue since I've has my FX35 and now M45 maintained there being about 2 miles from my house.
  • dlubindlubin Posts: 66
    thunt203,

I'm in the same boat as you - looking at a 24 month lease @ 30k miles a year. What are you finding the upfront 'buy price' for additional miles to be? I know it's .15 at turn-in. Personally I'm planning to eat any repairs, supposedly the G35 has a great rep for low repair costs.
  • I'm also looking for the money factor and residual on a 24 or 36 month for a 2006 G35X lease if I drive approximately 25k miles per year. If I put that many miles on the car, I am better off buying it. However, I don't intend to keep in over 3 years regardless of buying or leasing.
    Here we go, 39 months, 12k/yr.
    Residual 59% MF .00216

06 g35x diamond graphite with navi/premium c msrp 39,050
    invoice - 35,732
    Sale price - 35,732

Its not as good as 05 money factor, but the only 05 with navi I found was in CT and they wanted 500 over invoice! That car came out being more expensive than this 06 deal. Im glad i held out, free bluetooth.

came out to 515 with taxes(8%) and fees baked in.

I pick up the car tommorow.
  • Finally did it.

05 Coupe Automatic Diamond Graphite
    Premium, performance package, navigation
    MSRP 38750.
    Sale Price 35635
    1000 drive off
    499 month plus tax
    18,000 miles per year
    39 months

Can't keep the grin off my face.
    Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys is the best.

Steve
  • Thanks for taking the time to stop in and let us all know the details of your lease, mead1. It's always helpful for consumers to be able to look at real world examples of leases to get an idea of how much they should spend to lease the vehicle that they want. Enjoy your new car :D .

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi kki000. Why is a selling price of $400 over dealer invoice a problem? That is a very good price for a leased Infiniti G35X. I can't comment on the money factor and residual value that you were quoted without knowing how long this lease is for and its mileage allowance though.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi thunt203. The highest mileage allowance that Infiniti Financial Services publishes residual values for is 15,000 miles per year. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty. IFS' 24 month, 15,000 miles per year residual value for a 2005 G35 AWD is currently 64%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Christopher. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti C35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00219 and 55%, respectively. I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be on this car for you. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with an approximate selling price for it. You should be able to get a good idea of how much you will have to pay for this model right now by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

In your post, you mentioned that you are considering making a $3,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your G35 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $3,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here is the information that you are looking for, jody6. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35X through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00076 and 55%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00111 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on your new car, Steve. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • Two months ago I leased a 2005 Automatic Coupe (black on black) w/ premium pkg from one of the many South Florida dealers. Flooding from hurricane Wilma submerged it in sea water. Needless to say, it is likely a total loss and I'm very thankful I put no money out of pocket aside from inceptions. (Good advice CarMan.)
    Because Infiniti has pseudoGap insurance, they said they'll accept whatever settlement amount my car insurance company gets to and expunge my lease. (By the way, my old lease was $424 per month before tax w/ 12k miles per year over 42 months.)

I'd like to get the same exact car: 2005 Automatic Coupe, black on black, premium pkg, splash guards.

If you have a moment, please provide the residuals and money factors for this car (w/ 12k miles per year) over 24, 36, 39, and 42 months.

Also, I read something about $1k cash to dealers. Will this apply to leases too? Should I fight for a cap cost of invoice minus $1k?

Thanks,

Mitch
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Posts: 64
    Carman,

Looking at an 05 G35 6SPD sedan, could you provide the residual and money factor for 36 month 10K per year please. Thanks.
  • Thanks for your help. I have already bought the 2006 G35 Coupe 6M on October 29 in Houston, TX. I did end up putting down $3,000, but all that really did was lower the monthly payments.

Exterior: Diamond Graphite
    Interior: Graphite Leather, Premium Pkg, Aero Pkg, Splash Guards.

The MSRP was $37,800
  • I am interested in leasing a G35 Coupe. I would like to make one up-front payment that would cover 36 months/12K miles. How would you calualate the payment. I have been quoted a purchase price of $33905 and I don't know the residual. Thanks, Cp
  • I have a choose between these two deals...which one would you take?

06 Acura TL Auto w/ Nav 42 month lease, 15K miles, $2000 out of pocket with total monthly payments with tax of $475.

or

06 Infiniti G35 w/ prem & Nav 6MT 42 month lease, 15K miles, $2000 out of pocket with total monthly payments with tax of $485.
    wow tuff call.
    I had to make a similar decision a few weeks back.
    I went with the g35x, wanted the AWD. Decision between front and rear wheel is tougher.
    TL has better/quiter interior, WAY better navi, way better radio and torque steer.
    The g35 imho is still more fun to drive, but loses points on everything else, though it is still outstanding.

Between those 2, i think i would get the tl.