Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    You didn't say sedan or coupe. For a sedan if you are a current Infiniti customer you want to shoot for $3000-$3500 below invoice for the vehicle price. If not shoot for $2000-$2500 below invoice. For the coupes there is $500 less on the incentives.
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    edited June 2013
    Greeetings iwantg37!

What you didn't mention is that this is a 24 month lease with a money factor of 0.00016. All the numbers appear to be spot-on except the $409 license fee seems rather high.

I think your focus needs to be on one thing: The $43,551 vehicle selling price. It might be a good idea to search Edmunds or other sources for dealer invoice information and then, deduct holdback and any manufacturer incentives to arrive at an estimate of dealer cost and use that as your selling price. Remember, you can always go up but never down when negotiating selling price. Selling price is where it all begins whether you lease or buy. It's arguably the most important number in any vehicle acquisition transaction.

If incentives were applied, it appears that it would have been applied against the MSRP according to the information you've provided. Normally, dealer discounts are applied against the MSRP and are not subject to sales tax. Manufacturer incentives (e.g., rebates) are (a) used as a gross cap reduction or (b) used to offset any drive off fees. Either way, both are usually treated as taxable events by most states.

Hope this helps.

John
    TheAutoLeaseGeek
  • iwantg37iwantg37 Posts: 4
    Yes sorry, coupe 24 month lease 12k miles. Sport, nav, premium packages.
  • I agree that $3K or $3.5K off invoice should be your aim, even with a coupe. I would aim for a selling price of no more than $42K and, as in another reply, check the interest rate. I think this dealer is shorting you on incentives. BTW, in some states, tax is charged on the agreed on price BEFORE incentives (California for example), totally bs, but that's the way it is. Even in California, I can do this deal for about $420 with tax and about $1,000 drive off.
  • lildeviletlildevilet Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Hi, saw that the MF for a coupe was .00016. Is it the same for the sedan? If not, what is the MF? Looking at 24 month/10k miles. Also, does anyone know what the residual % is? Thanks!
  • My question is why is the dealer's per month quote higher than what I calculate based on all the figures provided by the dealer? The only figure I don't have is the added costs, which I estimated at $1,000.

The dealer is saying my payment would be $398 but my calculations come up to $316. I want to add that this is zero out of pocket other than first month's payment and getting out of the current lease by virtue of "3 of the payments being made by Infiniti.....the other 4 we are giving you a check to pay them off" to quote the sales rep.

I should also add that the car I'm getting out of is a 2012 G37x with Prem/Nav/Wood/Splash Guards/Trunk Mat/Illuminated Sill Plates has 3800 miles on it.

All of my calculations are shown below, what am I missing?

This is what I'm being quoted:
    2013 G37x Prem/Nav/Wood/Splash Guards/Trunk Mat/Illuminated Sill Plates/Performance Tires

MSRP 46160
    Base Cap Cost 39160
    Costs Added to Lease (est) 1000
    Cap Cost Reduction (loyalty incentive) 1000
    Adjusted Cap Cost 39160
    Residual Value (70%) 32312
    Money Factor 0.00031
    Term (months) 24
    Sales Tax 3%

Monthy Payment
    $307.49 + $9.22 (tax) = $316.71
  • srt4evahsrt4evah Posts: 1
    My paperwork they gave me blew away in the wind, but I was offered a deal roughly like this yesterday in Austin, Texas. This is a 24 month, 10,000 miles per year. This is a coupe with premium package, navigation, and carpeted mats and kick plates.

MSRP: 46545
    "Savings": 4590 (this is what the dealer claims they're taking off, plus the rebate)
    Negotiated Price: 41955
    Down payment due: 3199
    Taxes: 2622 (Texas sucks, they charge tax on the full sales price, not the lease payments)
    Residual value: 30800 (approx, I forget, but it's under $31000)
    Tag fee: 125

Total due on signing: 6288 (down, tax, tag, first month)
    Monthly payment: 369

I thought it sounded like a pretty sweet deal, but I seem to see people here getting deals with almost nothing down and the same monthly payments.
    This is the deal I singed this morning

2013 g37 coupe , sport/nav/premium, illuminated side plates

Msrp$48,685
    Selling price-$41,995
    Drive offs-$1700
    Monthly payment-$387 including tax.

This thing is a beast!!!!
  • sstoykosstoyko Posts: 8
    What is the term/miles for this deal? What's included in the $1,700 in drive offs?
  • This looks pretty good, especially since the deal from Texas above was for $2K less car, same selling price, $2300 more in drive off. I am just plain mystified by the variations in lease deals I'm seeing on the coupe. I would love to see two or three of them side by side with all the fees clearly spelled out. Funny, in this day of transparency in car selling and mucho information on the web, the dealers continue to wheel and deal. I had one quote in the 500's, and when I balked, the dealer came back with one at least $125/mo. lower, same car. As I sat scratching my head and whining about not understanding leasing, he said, "No, you're doing great. Most of the people I get in here would have just taken the first offer!" I'm beginning to think I'll just keep driving my 1995 pickup!
    12k miles 24 month lease. The drive off included 1st month payment, acquisition fee, dmv, etc.....I did get another offer from another dealership same terms and two free oil changes. Didn't take that since it was about 40 miles away.
  • summerhunny11summerhunny11 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I JUST LEASED FOR MY FIRST TIME. FIRST TIME INFINITI DRIVER LEASED IN CA.

G37 WITH SPORT, NAV, PREMIUM, KICK PLATES, ETC
    BLK/BLK

MSRP $46,500
    SELLING PRICE/CAP $39,100
    DRIVE OFF $2500 INCLUDING 1ST MONTH (OUT OF MY TRADE)
    GETTING $1800 BACK IN THE MAIL FROM MY TRADE
    RESIDUAL VALUE 56%
    MONEY FACTOR .0001
    LEASE PAYMENTS $395 INCLUDING GAP
    12000 MILES
    39 MONTHS

FIRST TIME NEGOTIATING ON MY OWN! HOPE I DID OK. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE CAR!
  • mcabreramcabrera Posts: 6
    Went to the dealer today and this is the quote that I am considering. Is this a great, good or average deal?

G37 Journey RWD
    Nav, Sport, Premium, Splash Guards/Trunk Mat/Illuminated Sill Plates
    MSRP $45,500
    Selling Price $38,596
    24 month / 10k per year
    Residual 69%
    MF 0.00015

First payment of $299 plus tax, Doc Fee of $998, Cash down of $1,061, plus sales tax of $124 equals total due at signing of $2,500 and 23 payments of $299 + tax per month. I'll have to pay for the DMV for a new tag also (they say it will be approximately $300.)

Is the current Residual for 24 months and 10K miles per year 69% or 70%?

Also, I am considering in depositing upto six (6) months of security deposit to further reduce my monthly payment, only if it makes financial sense since my MF is already quite competitively low.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,161
    Doc Fee of $998

:surprise: I think that might be the highest doc fee I've ever heard of...
    What state do you live in?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I'm feeling a bit invisible here guys, would appreciate someone commenting on my question.

Thanks!
    State of Florida! What amount is considered reasonable?

What other part of the deal should I try to further negotiate?
  • I suspect that no one has commented because your message is unclear. Coupe or sedan? MSRP and selling price on new car? Residual?
  • Hi All,

I have a deal on the table for a new G37 Sedan. PLEASE let me know how i'm doing. I feel like I can do better - but would like your expertise on exactly how to go about getting this accomplished. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Below are the details:

2013 G37 Premium pkg
    MSRP $41,800
    Net Cap Cost $35,209
    24 Month
    12K Miles
    MF = .00016
    Residual .68%
    Monthly Payment: 347.53
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Posts: 68
    Not sure if that is including tax or not, nor do I know what your tax rate is, but that seems a bit high given the $2,500 rebate. Right now I have a deal worked out for a premium + nav with MSRP $42,805 ($36,333 after adding in fees and subtracting discount and rebate). Pretax $312, with FL tax (7%) $333
  • Hi Kapkanimd,

Thanks for your response. What is the 2500 rebate!?

To answer your questions: This is inclusive of tax (FL - 6%). The $2500 rebate would be amazing and bring the price down to what i'm looking for. Can you provide details for the rebate? How did you find it?
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    Chances are if the quote you posted came from the dealer they are already including that in your deal. So it just comes to bringing it up that you know about it and you want a lower price on the car. Here is the link to incentives: It is the second one down under other/marketing support.

http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/g-sedan/2013/car-incentives.html?style=200437359- - &irr_section=marketing_support_irr

good luck
  • It isn't included! Thank you so much!! This will bring my payment down a great deal. You're a godsend! :) :shades:
  • davenotizedavenotize Posts: 10
    I dont think thats right for a doc. Fee i just leased a g37 for $350 0 out pocket. I highly suggest not putting $2500 out of pocket especially now that the new infiniti is coming out. You should go first month or maybe $1000 IF they give you a really hard time.
  • I have a deal sitting in front of me for a 2013 G37x Sedan, $0 down except for first month's payment. This also includes IFS buying out 3 months of my lease and the dealer cutting me a check for $1300 for the other 4 months since I have seven months remaining. Ya or nay on this deal?

MSRP $46,160
    Selling Price $40,932
    Net Cap Cost $41,032
    24 Month
    10,000 Miles Per Year
    MF = 0.00031
    Residual 70%
    Monthly Payment: $398 (tax inclusive)

I think I included everything you guys need to evaluate the deal, if I missed something let me know.

I have countered with asking them to lower it to $383.
  • Update: I got a deal for 500 out of pocket, 326/month - 12K Miles. Infiniti G37 Premium pkg.
    Thanks davenotize!
    Thanks for the help on this forum everyone. This was the deal that I agreed upon to secure this lease. I was able to get the car discounted by almost $7,500. I wasn't happy with the DOC fee, but I think I made up for it on other parts of the deal.

Bottom line for me was that I was able to get this vehicle for 24 payments totaling $7,453.20 (inclusive of tax) and upfront cost of $2,500, totaling my out of pocket cost to $9,953.20.

I probably would of done a little better if I settled for just a premium package G37, but for the difference in price, I thought this was a better deal.

G37S Journey RWD
    Nav, Sport, Premium, Tech, Interior Pkgs & Trunk Mat/Illuminated Sill Plates
    MSRP $47,165
    Selling Price $39,726.78
    24 month / 12k per year
    Residual 68%
    MF 0.00001 (Reduced MF with placing a one month security deposit)

First payment of $292.97 plus tax, Doc Fee of $899, Cash down of $1,500. Total due at signing of $2,500 and 23 payments of $292.97 + tax per month.

Hope this post can allow others to get more out of their deals. I'm sure it's possible. Thanks again!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    I just don't understand why at essentially a 0% interest rate you would pay any money out of pocket. Roll everything including the first month's payment into the deal.

I am going to take a wild stab and say you are in Florida with that outrageous doc fee?
  • They said this is the best they could do and wouldn't go any lower.

Again, asking for your thoughts guys.

Thanks!
  • cdubbs89cdubbs89 Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    I know I want either a G37xS sedan or coupe and am pretty sure the most economical way going about it is to lease the car. Unfortunately I have no idea where to begin even when walking into a dealer, its something that I have never done. I would love to get an idea of where to start price wise and how to go about working out a deal.