Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi
    Good info on these boards. Could someone confirm the November lease MF for the following 2 cars. Both would be a 39month/15k year.

2013 g37Xs AWD with nav. is the MF .00081?
    2013 Q50 AWD hybrid premium with nav. Is the MF .00104?
  • Just saw there is a Q50 board, so just need confirmation on the rate for the G37Xs
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,743
    2013 G37X AWD Sedan 39mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00081 MF and 59% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,591
    That's a high residual for 39 months/ 15K per year. The money factor equates to 1.94%. I'm impressed:)

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

The G37 has been to cheap to lease for a long time... I think that's why we have one in the garage...

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,591
    Just ran the numbers through the "lease guide lease calculator" using the following:

2013 G37X w/ Premium Pkg
    MSRP: $37,555
    Selling Price: $35,024 (Invoice, sure I could do better)
    59% residual, 39 months
    $0 cap cost reduction

Monthly Payment: $376.24
    Monthly Tax (6.35%): $23.89

Total Monthly Payment: $400.13

Now how does the MSD program work? I pre tax payment gets you a reduction in MF or is it after tax payment?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

It's .0001 for each deposit, up to a maximum of 9 (.0009 total)..

My dealer said the deposit was based on the pre-discounted after-tax payment... rounded up to the next $50.. So, even though my pre-tax payment was about $357 ($378 w/tax), each MSD was $450...

• apandyapandy Posts: 22
    This is a great price if it is truly $0 down (means you only make 23 payments of $249+tax), but I think there might be some hidden fees here. To get this number on the base journey with MSRP of $33,655 the selling price has to be around $29600. Do you qualify for loyalty and/or VPP? Then this pricing seems fine.

In any case, I would definitely ask them the selling price and the lease variables (residual, money factor), compute the numbers on my own and check if it matches.
  • arai30arai30 Posts: 18
    Would you be able to provide which dealer in AZ? I am in talks with a dealer. Nowhere near these numbers.

TIA!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    edited November 2013
    Coulter in Mesa. I didn't bother with email, just went in already knowing the price I was going to pay. When they didn't agree I left. I got an email the next day from the salesman asking if there was some wiggle room. I gave them my counter offer which they accepted. I picked up the car that night.

BTW my first offer was $200 over invoice including all dealer add-ons. We agreed on the $500.
  • adthebadstudadthebadstud Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    I'm in the process of securing (I pick up the car Friday) a lease for a G37x sedan with premium, navigation, illuminated kick plates, and splash guards. MSRP of $39,960 Invoice $37,097.

With hardly any negotiation, the sale price is $36,300. Rolling the Doc fee ($80), Acquisition fee ($700), and DMV Fees ($357) into the payment for a gross cap cost of $37,437. Due at signing is just the first month's payment and the California "Tire fee" of $8.75. Tax here is 8.225%

So, my payment is $374.32 plus tax of $30.79. Total of $405.11/month with $413.86 due at signing. 24 month lease, 72% residual, 0.0002 MF

And they had to locate the car from another dealer to do a trade and they are meeting me halfway to do the deal, as this dealership is about 3 hours away. I think I did pretty well.
    Aha. Looks like I am at the right place then ;)
    I hope I can pull them to your numbers...

If you also dont mind answering, is this a lease to buy you are currently planning? I am trying to understand if the 62% residual (i.e. ~28k) is a good number if I want to buy.

I am new to leasing and am reading and improving my understanding. I want to keep my option of buying at end of lease open.
    I think I got a decent deal, but I had to negotiate hard. Leased a G37 journey with premium package.

MSRP: $36,155
    Cap cost: $30,900
    MF: 0.0003
    Residual: 72%
    Terms: 24 months, 10,000 miles per year.

With two MSDs, the MF went down to 0.0001. My monthly payment is $209 + tax. Drive off was title+registration+acquisition+first month. No loyalty involved, as this is my first Infiniti.
  • May I ask which dealer this is?

What is the money factor and residual for the 2013 G37 Journey with premium and navigation, 24 months and 10K miles/year? Thanks!
    2013 G37 Journey 24mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00030 MF and 71% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Hi,
    I got a quote for 2013 G37 with Premium and Nav and illuminated kick plates and tint.
    24 month 1200 per year.

MSRP: $38175
    Cap Cost: $35470
    Taxable AMOs: $797.95 (What in the world is this?)
    Doc Fee: $499
    Acq Fee: $700
    License Fee $646 (seriously?)
    Gross Cap cost: $38112.95

Cap cost reduction: $1717.84 (I asked why this, i want to only pay all the fees upfront and was told its almost the same as the fee! )
    Sales tax @8.05% : $138.29
    1st month: $438.87
    Gov fee: $5
    Drive off: $2300.

-----------------------------
    Gross cap cost: $38112.95
    Cap cost red: $1717.84
    Residual 71%
    Rent: $457.20
    Total Base payment: $9748.06
    MF: .0003

MSDs: 9 max, brings down MF to 0 (seriously?) ( he just didnt want to talk about them)
    Bast pmt: 406.17
    Tax @8.05: $32.70
    Total per month: 438.87

I feel am being scammed. They're not really talking openly about a lot of stuff.
    apandy,
    This is a great deal. Could you share which dealer and city? The current offer I have is just hilarious.

Thanks.
    Money factor is 0.0003 and residual is 72 for 10k miles.

You can put a maximum of two MSDs on this MF (every MSD reduces MF by 0.0001, IFS won't lower the money factor below 0.0001).

Send me a message, and I can tell you the dealership.
    Send me a message, I'll share the dealership.

A few things I learned from my experience, might be useful for others:

1. Be ready to negotiate hard. Compute what is the absolute lowest price you can get on the vehicle including incentives and rebates that you are eligible for. Then start negotiating on a price lower than that. You will hear words like "I'm doing you a favor" or "I'll lose money if I give you that price". Just thank those dealerships and move on.

2. Never go to the dealership until you have a written quote. Many dealerships would tell you "when are you coming in" or "come here, pick a car and then I will give you the best price". Tell them to give you a written quote and then you'll be glad to come over.

3. Contact many many dealerships for quotes. I contacted dealers within 500 miles.

4. Be brutal - it's your money. Many dealerships would just send you quotes like "your monthly payment would be $299+tax". This is a trap. This number is based on all incentives and loyalties, most of which I was not eligible. If a dealer gives you a quote like this, tell them you want a detailed quote. ALWAYS negotiate the selling price. This is what matters.

I think I could have lowered the price by a couple hundred more, but then I would have had to travel around 5 hours to sign and pickup the car. I decided that would be tiring and not worth the $200.
  • ec1ec1 Posts: 9
    My understanding is they have $1,000 loyalty incentive. Your price appears to be several thousand below invoice. Are other incentives available for leasing the G37?
    Thanks for the advice. I totally see what you are saying. They're just playing with words in the dealership. Via email too they say $XXX per month + tax. No other details. They try to talk over the phone so they can fool you.
    I turn down phone conversations until i see actual numbers. But they just refrain from providing split ups of fees, etc.

I am unable to find an option to send you a private msg. Possibly cause I am a new member? Can you send me a PM if you dont mind?

TIA!
  • I couldn't figure out how to send you a private message. Anyway, thanks for the reply. Earlier, kydfx said that the residual is .71, so apparently you get a better deal. There is also an acqusition fee of $700, and I believe that is not negotiable?

I found a dealer 70 miles away that roughly matches your discount from MSRP, but I am looking for one with navigation. You can only get Bluetooth audio streaming with the NAV pacakge. Trying to decide now whether to buy the car or to lease it. I do get the $1K loyalty cash if I lease.
  • The acquisition fee is not negotiable.
    kingpcgeek
    can you please take a look at my older post. Coultier is marking up all the fees and charging some weird fee too.

I have a new quote from Tuscon.
    RWD Nav+Premium.

$4500 down
    Includes $1000 loyalty + $560.09 (license fee) + 327.08 (1st month) + #3337.49 (cap cost redn )

MSRP: $38,175.00
    Car cost: $36,175
    Doc Fee $389
    Acq fee: $700
    Adjusted cap cost: $33926.51
    Residual: $27104.25
    MF: .0003

Monthly: $302.57+$24.41(tax) = 327.08

The car cost is more than invoice.
    No MSDs involved.
    kyfdx, I can confirm that the residual on the 2013 G37 Journey sedan for 24 months, 10k/yr lease is 72%, not 71%.
    There's $500 lease cash if you lease with IFS. The dealer hold back is around $800. Then there is an undisclosed manufacturer-to-dealer incentive. There might be more that the dealers are not disclosing to us.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    edited November 2013
    You won't get below invoice in Phoenix. While there are four Infiniti dealerships in town, 3 of them are owned by the same company. Coulter is the only independent. Since there is only one dealer in Tucson its not going to happen there either.

Let me stress one very important thing with regards to your quote(s). Do not do a cap cost reduction, no way, no how. Take the money you would put into cap cost reduction and do MSDs instead. Coulter won't want to do it because it shows their dirty little secret of marking up the money factor. Can't mark it up if you do MSDs.

Taxable AMOs: $797.95 (What in the world is this?)
    This is dealer add-ons. Tint, wheel locks, window etching and nitrogen. Fortunately my car was a dealer trade so they had not had time to do the hideous window etching. These are negotiable.

License Fee $646 (seriously?)
    Yes that is serious and out of their control. Its taxes and registration fees to the state.

You know there is $3,250 in loyalty cash at this time for the Q50. I have owned 4 G sedans, 1 G coupe and now have a new Q50. I can tell you that the two cars are not even in the same league. The Q50 is an amazing car.
    I can't seem to find the message option either. Just send me a mail at edmundsg37lease at outlook dot com and I can reply back.

I saw your post earlier, I would highly recommend you not to put any money down towards cap cost reduction.
    edited November 2013
    I can't seem to find the message option either. Just send me a mail at edmundsg37lease at outlook dot com and I can reply back.

The acquisition is unfortunately not negotiable.

I was planning to get the nav package too, but honestly I couldn't justify paying around 600 bucks more for a nav. Is the dealer 70 miles away matching the discount with loyalty? If not, I think you have an amazing deal.

Since the money factor is so low, why not lease it? Your overhead would be the acquisition + loan interest; but hopefully the actual residual would be less than 72% after 2 years since the G37 is being replaced and then you can try to negotiate a lease-end purchase?