Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• huma2huma2 Posts: 24
    hi carman thanks in advance for your help. i have heard different money factors for nov. can you tell me what the money factors are? i am lookiong at a 2006 g35 sedan 6mt. msrp of $35200 selling for 32000. what should the lease payments be for either a 24 or 36 month lease 10k miles / year. i would like the quote with no money out of pocket. thanks so much
  • Anyone know how long this program is on for? My local dealers have PLENTY of stock on 06'coupes (Phoenix). Should I wait them out until end of month before buying for best deal?
  • What do you think of this deal? 2007 G35x with navigation and premium packages(msrp $38900, 24mo/15k lease for $560/mo with $0 down and all taxes and fees upfront.
    He is also telling me that a 36mo/15k lease would be about $40/month more than the 24mo lease - which doesn't make sense to me.
  • jtlajtla Posts: 375
    The $560/mo payment for 24mo/15k lease appears to be an error, or you should grab it right away. Using MSRP and the numbers in post #788, I got the payment of $665 for 24 mo and $605 for 36 mo. My guess is that the dealer is giving approx. $200 off MSRP, but misquoted as $560 instead of $660 for 24 mo (which explains why quote for 36 mo lease is higher than that of 24 mo lease).

Try yourself the lease calculator link below.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • Hey CarMan do you know how long the 12 month coupe lease program is on for? My local dealers have PLENTY of stock on 06'coupes (Phoenix). Should I wait them out until end of month before buying for best deal?
  • Been tracking these threads for a while and got a lot of useful info. Wanted to post what I came up with in case it helps anyone with negotiations.

Just signed the G35x '06 with a sunroof, otherwise base. This was a "demo" car with 5000 miles. We came to 379/month for 24 months, 1200 down, 12k mile. These numbers include everything except title and plates.

Thanks...
  • poorprofpoorprof Posts: 109
    In So. Cal, my brother is looking at a G35 with Journey, Nav, Prem and Tech, plus painted mud flaps at $38290 with zero cap reduction and 9 sec dep for, $100 doc fee and std ttl for:

12k 10k
    24 $507 $492
    36 $479 $469
    39 $457 $447

all plus tax

What do you think?
  • I am looking for a good dealer in Southern California to lease from. I am interested in the 2007 G35, however the dealers that I have spoken with have told me that they are "not allowed" to sell them for under Sticker price.
    Anyone find someone to give them a great deal in the socal area?
  • I am a first time car buyer in CA and would appreciate any help. I am looking at buying an 07 Journey with premium and navi package. What type of deals are out there? Should I be looking to make a better deal on an 06?
    Thanks for any help you can offer?
  • I visited a dealer in pennsylvania, right outside philadelphia. I was quoted $510 a month with 3K due at signing (includes taxes, fees, first month payment etc) the remaining towards cap reductiuon for a 36 month lease with 12K miles a year for a 2006 g35x with premium package c. Price was $37800 with 52% residual value and a money factor of .00072. The monthly payment and price of the car seemed very high to me but i am not sure what a monthly lease payment on this car should cost. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • Forte, that sounds very high. I believe that is even above MSRP or maybe close if that is the only package included.

Edmunds puts invoice for that at 34,296 and you should be able to get around that number or so for a 2006 model. It obviously all depends on the dealer (and if you take the car by month end), but I would guess somewhere in the range of 435-460 a month with that 3k down would be a bit more reasonable.

Again, that's just a guess and based off of my experience with the base 2006 AWD model.
  • Looking at 07 Journey with premium and Nav package. Are there any specials out there or am I better off going with an 06? I want to keep my payments around $400-$500? Suggestions on best strategy.
  • Thanks for the response brott. I shopped the offers online and found the experience much easier than buying in person. My best offer, and the one that I accepted, is $2500 due at signing (includes all inception fees and first month payment) for a 2006 G35X with premium package 24 month, 12K miles a year for $406 a month.
  • That's a great deal, forte. And it sounds like you got it with little haggle. Congrats on your purchase.
  • Carman

I've seen you make the point on several occasions that if you are quoted a MF greater than the Buy lease rate from the captive Mfg's finance arm, that means the dealer is benefitting from "hidden" profit on the deal.

How would a higher money factor benefit the dealer? I thought that the Financing company purchases the vehicle from the dealer at the Capitalized Reduction Cost, and the dealer simply gets a check for that amount. I could see the Financing company benefitting from the higher interest rate that you are paying them each month, but how does that fact benefit the dealer?

I'm confused. :confuse:
  • topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    "How would a higher money factor benefit the dealer?"

if the higher rate cause you to overpay the lease by $15 per month over 36 months, the dealer get 15x36 subtract may be some minor adminstrative fees from the manufacturer. This is almost like refinancing a house, the agent can quote you any rate above his/her buy rate and pocket the difference. That is why it paid to get the correct information and shop around..
  • I am looking to lease a new 2007 G35s and I've been reading about the ability to pay addl. security deposits in order to lower the MF (along with being able to recoup the deposit at lease end). My questions are...what are the potential risks to look out for so as not to lose the security deposits? I'm assuming that these are payable when you turn in the car and there is no major damage other than wear and tear. Do they ever try to trump up the wear and tear so that they don't have to give you back all of the security deposits? What about say using the security deposits to pay off the last payment or more? What if you try to get out of the lease early...can you still get the security deposits back? And lastly, is there a point where the addl. security deposits are no longer cost effective? Thank you for your input.
  • poorprofpoorprof Posts: 109
    The dealer told me if the car is totaled or stolen such that you cant return it to Infiniti, then you lose your deposit. I am not sure if this is true, but sounds like it can be.
  • I'm looking to lease a 2006 G35 MT Coupe with Premium, Sat Rad and Nav. MSRP is 39,690. Cost would be at $35,700. Could anyone provide me the current money factor and residual value for 12 and 24 month leases at both 12K and 15K miles/year? I really need the numbers as soon as possible.

The last numbers I got from Carman (THANKS CARMAN) were: 12 month lease of a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year --- .00006 and 79%, Residual Value. 24 month lease --- .00166 and 70%.

If I crunch the numbers without adding any fees except sales tax (cap cost of $35,700 and 5% sales tax), I get a total of $528.77. Is this correct? What other fees can I expect OTD?

Thanks for your help.
  • I posted number to a deal i was ofered about 3 weeks ago, but circumstances changed (selling my acura) anyhow. Here's the deal i signed, please tell me if I got itat a good rate/deal. First, I got an 06 G35 Coupe 6MT, MSRP of $39,940, nav, 19 wheels, the whole nine yards, loaded. They Paid off My Acura for $10,200 (was only being offered $8-$9.5k on it everywhere else. 12 months, 12k miles per year, $1200 out of pocket at signing, $524/mnth including tax. A few local dealers said they couldn't touch these numbers on that much of a car. Good? or No Good? Either way, signed, and will be paying for the year, Just needing Reassurance. Could anyone figure out my exact numbers by the info I just gave? I did get one better offer of $492, but on a lesser Msrp car, and could not Guarentee they could give me my payoff for my Acura. Thanks for the Input.
  • Does anyone know the current (December) money factors and residuals for a G35 Coupe on both 1 and 2 year leases at both 12K and 15K miles. I'm being told a lot of information that seems to be conflicting and it is really ticking me off. Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated.
  • I'm being told all sorts of numbers for residual and money factor on a 24 month lease. One dealer told me .00166/68% (15K miles); .00166/69% (12,000 miles). Another dealer told me he could beat those numbers. What gives? Anyone know the true numbers?
  • Are the addl. security deposits set at a fixed rate, or are they on a sliding scale based on your actual monthly payment? If they are a fixed number, does anyone know about what they are for the 2007 G35s? TIA
  • G35 6MT, Nav, Trunk Mats, Premium, Splash Guards
    We added satellite radio, which brought the price up $800, but only brought MSRP up $350
    24months / 15K lease
    Agreed upon value of vehicle:$37006(MSRP 39740)
    68% Residual/.00147 money factor
    We paid nothing down. After taxes/fees/etc. 1st payment was $688 and 23 additional payments of $599.55

This was in December (today). Is 68% the correct residual? I've never heard of dealers making money on the residual, but I guess it is possible. Was the residual on this lease 70% in November (2 days earlier?) Car Man, any thoughts? Anyone else?
  • 2007 G35-S Sedan Automatic
    Color Black on Black
    Premium, Navigation, Technology, Packages w/ Sirius Sat.
    Basically Everything but active Steering, Splash Guards, Maybe they will throw in the wing. (Maybe)!!!
    24 Month Lease 10k miles a year.
    1,500 Down + 800 Bank Fee + 500 Destination Fee + Tax 8.375
    So a Grand Total of about 4,000 Due at Signing. I Estimated the Tax to be About 1,200.
    443 a Month.

I am not the smartest guy in the world. Need fellow car lovers help. Don't know how to figure out what the correct deal is. Am I being robbed, Great Deal, Am I in the Ball Park? If I left out any info, please let , me know, I will provide. Thank you in advance for your help, I need it!!!!!
  • I'm not one of the experts, but the one thing I can tell you is that everyone says to never put any money down on a lease. If you are going to put anything more than the 1st payment, and fees, etc...you should put the money towards additional security deposits. Each extra deposit reduces the money factor and they are refundable at the end of the lease. Your monthly payment will actually be higher, but since you get the money back at the end, the total amount paid over the lease is actually less.
  • I'll second the don't put money down. Also, check a couple pages back where people have posted the money factor and risidual for all of the 2007s. Dealers can play around with the money factor.

Still looking for an assessment of my lease, a couple posts above. You around Car Man?
  • Don't look too far back though as I haven't really seen all the new money factors and residual rates for December yet...and I've heard they are better than November.
  • mtroymtroy Posts: 45
    Here's the deal I was quoted. Let me know what you think. I was told that the MF and residuals are the same at all Infinity dealers, but I have my doubts.

2007 G35 Sport, with Prem + Nav.
    48 months / 12K miles
    44% resid.
    MF .00248
  • Those look like the numbers from November. And while each dealership is given the same "numbers", they are still within their means to adjust them up or down if they like. I suspect the dec numbers to be lower to convince people to buy before the end of the year...especially with the recently low MF and high residuals offered at competetors like Audi.