Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Just got a quote from cerritos infiniti for a 07 g35 journey: tech, nav, premium, wheels for 38,725 and their offering for 36 months lease with zero down and their payment structuring as below... wondering what would be a fair deal in los angeles area..

G35 Journey
    options: tech, nav, premium, wheels
    selling price: 38,927
    money factor: .00211
    residual: 58%
    terms: 36 months/12k
    drive off: 1,020.84
    payment: 652.09 include tax

Any suggestion is greatly appreicated....
  • yazsyazs Posts: 3
    So I've been checking the forum for a few weeks and finally got the car at a decent price in the color I like. Thank you Infiniti of Columbus. They were great to work with.

This car is awesome. Thank you all for the numbers.
  • py777py777 Posts: 62
    Thanks for the link and your quick reply. However, I didn't find it very helpful as the article concentrated on very simple financial analysis. I guess I got those basics.

I would like to know if dealer really give you trouble when you terminate the lease. Like complaining about damages and stuffs. Is it a common practice for them to get u to lease the next car?

Any bad experiences?

What kind of things in the lease should we pay extra attention to? :D
  • As long as you don't destroy your car, you shouldn't have any problems at the end of the lease. Infiniti might not even care if the car is leased thru an outside source...it will be up to the bank's claim people. They have guidlines in place for normal wear and tear on the vehicle. It can actually be a very smooth process.
  • Hey Salerno Duane,

Congratulations on your Christmas present! Could you let me know what dealer and where in NY you got that lease deal on the G35x? I'm looking for the same car but in a different color within the next month. I live on Long Island.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • py777py777 Posts: 62
    That's very helpful, thanks. I didn't even know that it's not the dealer who sets the guidelines. So, the guidelines are very well defined, no interpretation or subjectivity room? That's very important if the guy who sell you the car is not the guy who set the guidelines to take it back.
  • jtlajtla Posts: 375
    I will second to sprinkler13's post. They won't nickel-n-dime you for normal wear and tear, small scratches or dings. A visual inspection and recording the mileage were all it took. No pressure to get another car, either. A very smooth process indeed.
  • Mike, Salerno Duane in Denville NJ is the dealership's name. Good luck with your search! :D
  • I received a quote with the following numbers in Las Vegas:

39 month lease
    15,000 miles/year
    0 down
    $569 (includes tax of %7.75)
    $19,902.40 Residual

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thank you very much.
  • heymjoheymjo Posts: 8
    I am about to get into a G35 Sport fully loaded (all option packages) but I don't know whether to lease or buy, since I have never leased before. I tend to keep a car for 5 years or so (my last car was 7 years) and I know that the guidelines say "Buy." But here's the catch. I read that Infiniti will probably have a hard top convertible version of the G35 in the next year and a half. That's the car I REALLY want. So my plan is to keep this one for the next 2 years and then buy the hard top convertible, since I don't want to make car payments for life, which is what leasing does. The price of the G35 I am about to get into is $39,350 plus tax and license in California. I planned to put down $20,000 and take out a loan for the balance over 5 years, which should put my payments in the mid-$400's (my credit union offers a 5.99% loan). I was quoted a price of $750 (approx.) for a 2 year no money down lease with 15,000 miles. So which does it pay to do? Buy the car with $20,000 down and $450 month payments and trade it in in 2 years to buy the hard-top convertible or lease for 2 years and just drop off the car and then buy the convertible?
  • Those numbers don't seem that far off for a 0 down lease with about 1k off of MSRP. You might be able to negotiate more off the cap cost. If you pay for the acq. fee, registration, upfront tax, and doc fee you can probably lower the payment to around 710 or so per month (including tax).

Now, that being said, I tend to think that if you aren't keeping a car more than 5 years then leasing isn't a bad idea. Granted, some cars hold up better and are still a better value residual wise. But if you know for sure you only want the car for 2 years, then you might want to lease. But you should definitely be able to get that price down some more for a lease.
  • Sorry...one other thing...if you really want to save some more money, it might be worth it to look at a Journey instead of Sport. The car drives almost the same and if you can forego the paddles, sport style seat, and steering wheel, a Journey with wheel package will look the same and drive well enough for you for 2 years. PLUS it is cheaper and the financing numbers are more favorable on it. I went thru a similar debate last night between a Journey and sport. In the end the sport won, but I also had VPP pricing that made it only a few hundred over invoice. Without that I absolutely would have gone with the Journey. Just my 2 cents.
  • its your payment $484 plus taxes?
    thank you I hope you can answer my question.
  • Can anyone tell me whats the money factor and residual on 24 months for 2007 infiniti g35 sedan?
  • Greetings newtothis. If you are truly "newtothis" you you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, but you never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi michellemassin. A typical 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan with the Journey Package and navigation has a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You are being given a discount of $1,640 on the specific one that you are interested in. This leaves you $1,600 to play with. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but this is enough room that I personally would be inclined to comparison shop with another dealer or two in my area to see if I could beat this price. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". One you have arrived at what you believe is the best possible price for this car, make sure that the dealer calculates your monthly payment using Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00213 are you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Wow, congratulations on your new car, milfedout. All I got for Christmas was a lump of coal and some new socks, you must have been much better than I was this year ;) . Thanks for taking the time to share the pictures and the details of your deal with all of us. Enjoy your new car!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi morgan888. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Infiniti's buy rate for this model, so that aspect of this deal is good. However, this car's selling price looks a little high to me. What is its MSRP? If you let us know we can see how much of a discount you are being given. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello fitzgibbons. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, vmontiel. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00186 and 68%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thank you. The cap cost for my lease, which is actually 36 months, is $33,938. The MSRP I believe is either $35,540 or $35,840. The deal is still with 0 down and the monthly payment for 36 months is $563.00. I should add that I was told that the MF was %.00196 and that the residual was 56%.Thank you for your opinion ASAP as I am supposed to sign on the deal today.

Regards,
    Eric
  • Supposed to sign on Wednesday so fast feedback is greatly appreciated.

I actually have a $500 deposit on a G35 Sport with premium and wood trim,($1000 add on thrown in for free since we picked the car and negotiated price prior to them adding this, came in a week before to talk numbers) no NAV or spoiler.

Here are the numbers so far, is this a good deal?

MSRP $36900
    Money factor:.00242 or something close came to 5.83% when converted
    Residual: 56%
    Payment $530 including taxes
    Term: 42
    Could not use VPP, but was quoted approx. $500 above Invoice or around $33600.
    Money Down: $1000

I believe I can improve the money factor after looking at a few other deals here and knowing that I have at least a 700 score. Is this a good deal, do you see areas for improvement? I asked to have first months payment thrown in and/or the spoiler and they balked. I'm guessing with the wood thrown in they are figuring they already gave away $1000 of MSRP, but that's their fault not mine. So far I don't feel they have given me all the much ( VPP got me most even though it officially does not qualify right now, with exception of the wood, and so I think their may be some more to move in this deal. The wife won't be to happy if I lose this car over a few bucks as it has everything she wants, but I have never leased before and don't want to make a first timers mistake.

Thank you in advance Car-Man and anyone else with an opinion.
  • Oh Mileage is 12K/ year
  • I was searching around the internet and ran into a site called SwapALease.com. I decided to search for a 2007 G35 on there and sure enough I found a dealer in NY that was participating. How does this deal sound?

G35x with Premium
    24 month lease, 20,000 mile allowance (10k/yr)
    $1995 down payment
    $319 per month payment

The car is brand new (10 miles) and seems too good to be true. I'm going to call to find out the money factor but with a payment this low it doesn't seem like it would matter anyway. The only downside would probably be a high residual.

Should I give them a call or should I be suspicious? The site says they are actually overstocked and are offering this for that reason. Thoughts?

Thank you.
    I think $500 over invoice at this time is a fantastic deal. The 56% residual for 42 month is great, too. What I have seen so far was 56% for 39 month. So, you are stretching the same depreciation for 3 more months, which lowers the monthly payment. However, the MF of .00242 seem a bit high to me. My understanding is that IFS' buy rate is around .0020, so there may be dealer markup added. Check other posting here and you will get a general idea. Instead of putting $1,000 down, you should use it as 2 additional security deposit to bring down the MF. More security deposit can be made if you have the extra cash. Hope this helps, and good luck.
  • Thank you Car_man for your answer.
    I have one more question.
    sure I wait more time to see the quality on the new 2007 infiniti g35?
    my infiniti its excellent its been a super car to me and the deal was great.
    I lease my 2006 infiniti g35 msrp $36900 and change
    for $445.00 including taxes.
    for 24 months only
    and only $845.oo out of my pocket.
    so if I wait a little bit longer do you think I will get a chance to lease a 2007 sport with the auto transmition for the same deal, I have?(its about the same msrp.
  • Thanks for the feedback JTLA.

Well know that I think about it the deal was originally for 39 months when I was quoted the MF and the residual so that may have changed. What happened is I was leaving when the manager pulled me into his office and made the $500 over invoice deal but for 42 months, do these numbers sound consistent with my previous figures or does it sound like they dabbled with the residual? Also won't pulling the $1000 down raise my payments even though I put that same $1000 down as a deposit and lower the MF?
    Placing the $1,000 as security deposit instead of down payment does raise the monthly payment, but the difference is that you get your $1,000 back at lease end.

I have yet to verify, but based on other posts here, Infiniti Financing reduces the MF by .0001 for each additional SD. I did a quick calculation with approx. $34,000 cap cost and .0020 MF. The increase is roughly $15 per month without down pay. Over the life of lease, you would pay $630 ($15x42) more but receive $1,000 at lease end. Essentially, you make $370 interest on your $630 investment. that is approx. 26% annual rate, tax-free. Perhaps more importantly, should your car be stolen or totaled, you still get your deposit back, whereas down payment is gone forever once you drive the car off dealer's lot.

See post #3913 and #3923 at below link.
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef0b873/3907
  • Dear Car Man and other posters:

Here are the final numbers on the deal I was quoted for 2007 G35 Journey- premium package, tint, wood trim, satellite radio, splash:

I received a quote with the following numbers in Las Vegas:

36 month lease
    15,000 miles/year
    0 down
    $563 (includes tax of %7.75)
    $19,902.40 Residual
    Thank you. The agreed upon value for the car is $33,938 and the gross cap cost for my lease is $35,155.98. I was told that the MF was %.00196 and that the residual was 56%. Thank you for your opinion regarding this deal ASAP as I am supposed to sign on the deal today.

Eric
  • Good luck with the response and the purchase Fitz. I am supposed to pick mine up today to but never really heard back on overall review of my deal. I actaually just got a call from the sales manager to review the deal and find out if we are set to go tonight or not. Here is how mine shows as of today and somethings just don't seem to add up.

MSRP 36900
    Gross Cap 35791 (was originally told would get car at $500 over invoice or $34250, but $599 Aquistn fee and 595 bank fee brought up the number)
    Cap reduction $1000
    Adjusted cap 34791
    Residual: 19899 or approx 54%
    MF; .0024
    Term :42
    Tax- Florida 7%
    current quoted payment $530.69
    I think they have some numbers slightly off because I ran the numbers on the lease calculator linked below and came up with $519...

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm