Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car Man,

Can you let me know a good residual and the money factor for a new g37x w/ premium on a 24 month lease 12k miles? MSRP 43,000.

Thanks
  • The residual is 70% and the money factor is .00037 (.888%) for a 24 mo lease.
    They are running great deals right now for the 24mo lease...just got one last night for $359/mo no money down )37x with prem/nav/lighted kick panels/splash guards/ mats. $2000 cash back and $1000 lease loyalty.
  • Is that for 10k or 12k miles?
  • ginscarginscar Posts: 3
    I have an infiniti g37 way under mileage approaching end of a 3 year lease . 5 more payments to go.

I just received a letter and an email from my local dealer offering to waive up to 3 months payments and give me a loyalty bonus of $1000 if i lease a new vehicle with them.

I think its a national offer.

Does it mean i lease a new vehicle but still have to pay the last 2 payments on my exisitng vehicle as well as the new payments?

Im confused!!
  • logan115logan115 Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Hi All,

I live in IL so I've never really looked into leasing that much given you have to pay sales tax on the entire value of the vehicle. But the offers I'm seeing now on the G37x have caught my interest. New to leasing so apologies if these questions are naive.

$249/mo
    24 Mo
    2013 G37X with Premium Package
    $0 down
    10k miles/year,
    $.25 for additional miles per year (can you clarify if this is usually $.25 total, meaning if I want another 8k miles/yr is it just another $2k rolled in ?)
    plus tax, title, license, first payment, doc fee, and acquisition fee
    disposition fee due at signing (what should I expect this to be).
    No security deposit required, but I've heard about MSD lowering payment but don't really understand them.

I've also seen here that there is a $2k cash back lease incentive, and I'm going to be trading in a 2006 M35X so I believe I'd qualify for the loyalty cash back of $1k as well.

I owe roughly $8k on the M35x and think I'll get $11-12k out of it.

This is in the northern burbs of Chicago (Cook County).

Thanks in advance,

Chris
  • jxlxrjxlxr Posts: 54
    I just picked up a G37x prem/nav/lighted kickplates/wood/splash guards for my daughter. Here is the breakdown.

MSRP: 45,450
    Selling: 39,479.73
    Cap Cost: 40,179.73 (selling + bank fee of 700)
    Sales tax: 656.86

Total down: $1900 (sales tax, first month, dmv fees, 585 cap cost reduction)

24mo/10k

338.99 per mo.
    Chris,

Infiniti sets the rates for the money factor(interest rate) and residual on the lease. Best rate would come with good credit of course. You want to focus on selling price of car and negotiate that as low as possible. That is the only factor in this case that will change lease payment (aside from putting money down)

Base lease comes with 10k miles per year. If you want more, such as 12 or 15k, then you can do that up front. It lowers the residual of the car, hence increasing the payment a bit. Otherwise you can pay .25 per mile per when you return the car.

The bank fee of acquisition fee for Infiniti is 700 and disposition is 395. You only pay the acquisition up front. The disposition fee is only paid if you turn car back at lease end and don't buy the car or lease another Infiniti.

Multiple security deposits will lower the interest rate but since the Infiinti rate is so low on this particular lease it really won't have any benefit.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, so with the current offer if I think I would put 30k total miles on the car during the lease I either pay that $2500 when I turn it in or buy the same 10k total miles upfront paying the $2500 over 24 months, correct ? And how would I find out if the $2k lease incentive is already factored in, do I need to call the dealership ?

Chris
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,890
    Going from 10K to 15K per year, most likely drops the residual by 3%...

That's $1260 on a $42K car..... divided by 24 = $52.50/month...

So, much less than $2500...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

In terms of the $2000 dealer cash you will want to see what the capitalized cost of the car is. That would be the sales price of the car.

In terms of the mileage. If you do a 15k per year lease then the residual decreases by 3%. You can see the example of what occurs below.

10k lease

Sticker Price 42000
    Cap Cost (negotiated sale price) 37000
    Residual Rate (percentage) 0.71
    Residual value 29820
    Term (months) 24
    Depreciation 299.17
    Money Factor (interest rate) 0.00034
    Monthly Interest 22.72 817.88

Payment 321.89
    tax rate 20.12 0.0625
    plus tax 342.00

15K lease

Sticker Price 42000
    Cap Cost (negotiated sale price) 37000
    Residual Rate (percentage) 0.68
    Residual value 28560
    Term (months) 24
    Depreciation 351.67
    Money Factor (interest rate) 0.00034
    Monthly Interest 22.29 802.45

Payment 373.96
    tax rate 23.37 0.0625
    plus tax 397.33

Payment difference is ~$52 per mo. which equates to $1248 over the two years for 30k miles versus 20k miles. So it would make sense to do it up front.
    I was typing when this was posted. Glad we were in sync...
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,890
    I noticed that.. :)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jpp5862jpp5862 NCPosts: 297
    When I leased my G37 last year the dealer told me that about 3 months before the end of the lease I'd get offers to turn it in, etc.

What do you want to do at the end of the lease? They are obviously are doing this because they expect to make money on your current car.

If you want another G37 it may be worth looking into, if not then I'd just ignore it, pay your last few payments and walk away.

The new Q50 will be out later this year so they are interested in moving out the current G37s. Decide what you want to do, then evaluate the offer.
  • saml01saml01 Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Hello,

Can anyone recommend an approach to locate a sport 6MT Sedan quickly and efficiently?

I am in NYC and we aren't really the target market for this particular trim, but I am prepared to travel if necessary.

Thanks.
    Sam
    edited March 2013
    Go to the Infiniti website and at the top right hand corner there is a dealer finder. Plug in some zip code or city/state and dealers will come up. Choose a dealer and you can choose the G37 6MT as an option. You will find a few dealers in northern NJ have them. Trial in error but you'll get an idea of dealers that have inventory.
  • ginscarginscar Posts: 3
    Thanks very much Jpp5862 for the info.

I am not sure what i want to do yet as there are still 5 months left.

Just so i understand it : If i took advantage of the 3 month lease waiver i assume i still have to pay 2 months payments as well as the payments on a new car?

If so i dont see the advantage in changing now. Might as well wait and get at least the use of the car if i am paying for it.
  • saml01saml01 Posts: 5
    Excellent. I have found a dealer and working with them now.

This is an amazing deal going on right now, the bargain on these cars is unheard of now that the new one is coming out.

I'm so glad this site exists.
  • larrymlarrym Posts: 17
    Looks like I might be in the market for another G37 convertible. Long story short some jerk last night put us into a guard rail. Car is likely totaled after the frame, wheel, springs, control arm and several other parts were torn off the vehicle.

Anyway, need to know lease information for G37 convertible with sport, prem, and nav
  • larrymlarrym Posts: 17
    Sorry I'm in a little fog...looking for 39 months and 12k miles if that is best.
    I live in IL, do I only pay sales tax on the difference between the cap cost and trade in value ?

Thanks