Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• sprinkler13sprinkler13 Posts: 435
    Here is what you should do first. Find out the Cap cost, Money Factor, Residual percentage, and how many miles a year that includes. Also, get them to give you an itemized breakdown of the closing costs. Also find out if there are any other fees that you should know about. Acquisition fee, etc. Then when you post that we can see what fees are legit and what are padded dealer profit. You are planning a fairly high amount of mileage which can be costly in a lease. I am only familiar with lease numbers up to 15k, not sure how it works above 20k per year, so unless they give you the financing numbers that reflect that I wouldn't want to try to guess and be wrong.
  • csonka1csonka1 Posts: 11
    Sprinkler13, I think I was not clear earlier or maybe I am not getting it. The quoted lease payment I received of $396.31 is not a pre-tax sum b/c the tax is part of the $5k down. So, your initial reply showing the lease payment of "$396.31 (pre-tax)" is confusing me. Can you clarify?

What I am curious about are the numbers w/o putting down the pre-tax amount of $1,496.06 and rolling that number into the monthly payments. And the numbers if I do not put down the $2,312 cap reduction. Maybe we'd still arive at the $460 per month figure you provided. I am not sure. Your thoughts are really appreciated.

Thanks.
    Ok...when I said pre-tax payment, it is just as it sounds...that is for the monthly depreciation and the monthly financing. Now, from that we still have to add tax, which in your deal they are quoting you to pay it all up front. I am not that familiar with doing that myself so you will have to ask them how they figure out $1496. If you didn't pay the tax up front, and you paid monthly like me, my calculations show it as 428/mo.

If you don't pay the $2312 cap reduction your cost for depreciation and financing is $460/mo. The tax will be different and likely your total to pay tax upfront will also be different from the $1496 amount. If you didn't pay the tax upfront or the cap reduction your monthly payment will be $496/mo.

You should definitely ask them to figure out how they come up with $1496 for the taxes...it seems like they are charging you the tax on the cap cost of the car, but aren't taking your cap reduction into consideration.
  • csonka1csonka1 Posts: 11
    Ok, now were on the same page. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
  • milsey2milsey2 Posts: 12
    With normal inception fees down (approx. $1,600?)
    G35 Journey Sedan
    15K miles/year
    39 months
    MSRP - $35,140.00
    What would a good PRE-TAX lease cost?
    Would $430/month come close??????????
  • jamellajamella Posts: 12
    Here is the response I received from the dealer:

I have the exact car 2007G35x Black with premium, satellite radio in stock, just wanted to let you know.FirstPayment = $581
    Security Deposit = 0
    Bank Fee = $595( same as acq fee)
    tax = $35.70
    Doc fee =$99
    Title App = $15
    Tire Tax = $1.25
    total $1326.95 which is your total out of pocket on the 36m x 36k lease $581 tax included

Lease Payment
    Sale Price= $36,589.88
    Bank Fee = $595 or Acquisition Fee
    Money Factor = ..00200
    MSRP = $37,290
    Residual = $22,001.10
    Residual %= 59%
    Term 36 months
    sales tax 6% on payment
    monthly depreciation = $430.08
    Monthly money cost = $549.05
    Lease payment = $549.05
    sales tax = $32.94
    Total Payment= $581.99

What do you think of this deal? The MSRP $37,290. The MF still seems a bit high. Where is the cap cost? Any advice?
    Thanks!
  • urirx98urirx98 Posts: 32
    My new lease for a G35 journey with premium, navigation and 18 inch tire package was 525 with 1300 out of pocket. Ofcourse i didnt want to pay all that out, so i rolled a grand of it that included my last payment of my Mdx, which was 599. So my eventual payment was 560 with 500 out of pocket. I payed the 500 on my credit card and just got my 599 check back from infiniti. I think i did pretty well,
    wg
  • What does everyone think about this lease:

2007 G35x AWD, Premium, Nav, Tech, Rosewood
    Blue Slate/Graphite (in stock)
    MSRP $40,500
    Selling Price $37,299
    39 months/15k a year
    $545 per month
    $1,441 due at signing, which includes:

$545 1st month
    $595 bank fee
    $51.32 tax on bank fee
    $250 out of state registration

Residual $22,680
    Money Factor .00176

Any advice would be appreciated :)
  • I received a lot of help from you all, so I'd like to help in return. I just bought a new 2007 G35 Journey Sedan with the Premium package+ premium sport wheels. The MSRP was about $35,400.

On a 39 month lease with $1,000 drive-off, my payment was 489 tax-in. I bought it at Sawgrass infiniti, Sunrise, FL. :)
    Well...MOST of your numbers are really good. The cap cost is only about $350 over invoice. The residual and money factor are good considering it's basically the 36 month numbers and they only reduced the residual by 1%. The signing fees look normal. the only thing is that the monthly payment doesn't look right. By my calculations, with your cap cost, MF, and residual, that should be the 36 Month payment NOT 39 months. For 39 months, it should be more like $518/mo (including tax). You are probably better off having them give you the same payment but for 36 months only and save you 3 months of payments. Or, if you really want the 39 month payment, have them lower it.
  • toddr3toddr3 Posts: 19
    I looking at leasing a G35 Sport auto with the Nav, Prem, and Technology packages. Does anyone have any pricing figures on this setup? I am in West Palm Beach, FL any suggestions on Dealers?
    I live in Boynton and am looking for a G35 sport 5AT. I am working with Palm Beach Infiniti now. Did you shop all local dealers and Sawgrass was cheaper or did you start at sawgrass?
    That deal doesn't look that good at all. First...when I calculate the numbers, using their cap cost (sale price), money factor, MSRP, Residual, and tax %...I can't seem to get anywhere near their price. It looks like they are charging you twice for the Bank Fee...once in your closing costs, and then adding it to the sales price when calculating the monthly lease payment. The money factor is high, but the don't necessarilly have to give you the best published price, but you should definitely push for it. For 36 months it's .00175. The residual is good. The sale price isn't that good though. You should definitely push for a better sales price. MSRP is $37,290, and Invoice is $34,179...thats about $3k to work with. So, basically, they are only going about $700 off of sticker (MSRP) and then they are adding it back by charging you for the $595 bank fee. You definitely have room to play with. They should lose one of the bank fees for sure. Either you pay for it upfront and it doesn't get calculated in the lease, or you roll it into the lease and don't pay it up front...NOT BOTH. You should also try to get them to come down on the Sale Price and try for the .00175 Money Factor. For example, if you remove the bank fee from the lease payment and get the lower Money Factor, your monthly payment should be about $538/mo. including tax. And that is keeping the same sale price you were quoted ($700 below MSRP). See below.....

Lease Payment
    Cap Cost $36,590.00
    Luxury Tax $0.00
    Acquisition Fee $0.00
    Total Cost $36,590.00
    Down Payment $0.00
    Trade-in
    Total Cap Reduction $0.00
    Amt Financed $36,590.00 (A)
    Money Factor 0.175% (B)
    MSRP $37,290.00
    Residual $22,001.10 (C)
    Residual, Percent 59.00%
    Term, Months 36
    Sales Tax 6.00%
    Monthly Depreciation $405.25
    Monthly Money Cost $102.53 (B*(A+C))
    Lease Payment $507.78
    Sales Tax $30.47
    Total Payment $538.25

Now, for every $100.00 you can reduce your Sale Price (Cap Cost), you can expect your monthly payment to drop roughly 3 dollars/mo. The other thing is that the math doesn't add up on your out of pocket numbers, but I am assuming that the small discrepancy is for vehicle registration. Hopefully, now that you have some info, you will be more prepared to deal with them and can get yourself a new car :) Best of luck!
  • Sawgrass was better by a long shot! Larry at Palm beach was the second best. He was very nice, but Sawgrass was better. Contact Hassan or Mike in the internet department. Good luck. They will remember my name (I just got the car on Saturday) if you want to use my name. It was my second car from them in 6 months. They made the process very easy.
  • urirx98urirx98 Posts: 32
    I live in Boynton beach aswell, and i leased at Coconut Creek Infiniti, they actualy own sawgrass infiniti aswell as a few other dealerships in the state. I had a friend in teh leasing business call a guy at sawgrass infiniti, and i had CCinfiniti beat the deal, as for ANdrew or Dane if you go. I got good service from them, and if you need any other info, let me know. THe info of my deal is posted in this thread, on the page before. Hope this helps.
  • kp22kp22 Posts: 20
    sprinkler13...I was able to finally touch base with my dealership to get a more detailed breakdown of their numbers. The latest and supposedly final offer they put on the table is as follows:

MSRP: $37,740 (Premium, Satellite, Wood Trim, Splash Guards, Cargo net)
    Cap Cost: $35,055
    Money Factor: .00176
    Residual Percentage: 58%
    Out of Pocket: $3,000 (Includes Sales Tax, Registration Fees, Acquisition Fee/Bank Fee, $500 deposit (not security...seems like it might be dealer profit) and 1st pmt).

Lease terms:
    39 months
    10,000 miles

Payment Offered: $423.50

Is this a good deal?

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I only have 22,000 miles on my 04 G35x. My lease allowed for 39,000 miles by September. I was hoping to get some concession from the dealership knowing that they can sell the vehicle for a hefty profit. They are telling me that there is no value to them and that corporate Infiniti takes the vehicle back. I find that hard to believe. Do have any insight on what dealerships do with returned leased vehicles?
  • vmontielvmontiel Posts: 4
    Hi there
    can somebody calculate my payments on my car.
    Im looking at the new 2007 infiniti g35 sport with automatic tran.
    msrp $37,050
    my price its $34,062
    I like to know my money factor and residual for 24 and 39 months.
    Thank you and good luck.
    Well...it looks like they went up 1k in closing costs and higher on the payment since you last posted. Are you paying all of the sales tax up front? Also, that "deposit" is BS, it should either be a refundable security deposit, or it's a cap cost reduction. I wouldn't pay a cap reduction. Your cap cost isn't bad, it's $500 over invoice. The money factor is good. The residual is ok, but honestly, you are probably better off going with a 36 mo./10k lease which should be .00176 and 60% respectively. Your payment is only about 6 bucks more a month but you are responsible for 3 fewer payments. If that payment doesn't include tax, they are burying addl. cap reduction in your closing costs. 3k is way too high IMO for just closing costs. If they are not factoring in ALL of the tax upfront ($1300+ or so) then it's definitely not a great deal...unless you are just dying to break your current lease and want an out. Not sure what they do with your car, but you are well under mileage and if you like the car, you can just ride out the end of your lease and in 6 months be able to work a very good deal on a new one.
    Is that MSRP for a sport w/premium and spoiler? If so, $34,062 is very good as it's only 100 over invoice. You need to see what they are offering you for MF and residual and then someone can calculate it. They could say they are giving you 100 over invoice on the car, but then inflate the MF and residual to 'make up' for their discount. Get as much info as you can. Try to get an ITEMIZED breakdown of closing costs too and how much goes to each specific item that is covered by closing costs.
    sprinkler13...thanks for your reply. As far as I know, the $3k upfront included all of the sales tax (roughly $1,200), the BS $500 deposit (which I will refuse to pay), registration fee ($217.50), acquisition/bank fee ($595) and 1st payment ($423.50). Other than the BS deposit, are the other fees legit? Before I do anything I will confirm that there are not any other buried fees or cap reductions.

Truthfully, I am not too anxious to get out of my existing lease early. I never would have considered it had I not received calls from the dealership trying to persuade me. I figured if I was able to get a great deal, I might as well do it. I told the dealership that I needed the deal to be real sweet in order for me to do it. Otherwise I am going to drive my 04 Infiniti G35x as much as I can until the lease is up in September.

I actually was on the phone with the dealership last night and they got off the phone with me abruptly because they were frustrated. I just received a voicemail from the sales manager hoping to talk more. I plan on calling him tomorrow to discuss further. Given the information that I have given you so far, what would the deal have to be for you to get out of a lease like mine early? I am know that is a difficult question, but any advice you can provide before I call the sales manager tomorrow would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all of your assistance so far!

I would appreciate any other input from others as well. Thanks!
    Well...getting out of a lease early is different for everyone. Some people want out to save from going over mileage. You are in a good position in that you have a vehicle that is under mileage which makes it more valuable to them...especially if you aren't in a rush to get out of it. Did you pay the tax upfront in your current lease? If so, that is one thing to consider too since you did pay for it already. Also, on the new vehicle do you have to pay tax upfront...and what is the rate exactly?

Personally, if I were in your position and I had an under mileage vehicle that they are calling me for, and they have a car on the lot that I want, because I was in a position to walk away, I'd say that I want no more than $500 over invoice (or invoice if they really want my car), minimum drive offs and the buy rate for the MF and Residual for a 36 month lease. And I'd want to see them print out the whole itemized deal on paper prior to going down there so that I can see exactly where every single dollar goes line by line and I can double check everything first. It's very easy to get there and as soon as all the numbers start flying get confused.

For your reference, that car for 36 months/10k miles, with a cap cost of $35067 ($500 over), MSRP of $37740, MF @ .00175, and residual of 60% ($22644) your monthly payment (not including tax is $446/month. This doesn't include the drive offs of 1st payment, registration, acq. fee, doc fee (which should be under $100) and taxes. But they will have to give you those exact figures for that. Get it all in writing and then go from there. Good luck.
    sprinkler13...thank you for your prompt reply. I appreciate all of your insight. If I understand your post correctly, a payment under $446/month with out of pocket costs (drive offs) that include 1st pmt, reg, acq fee and doc fee, I am getting a decent deal? Is that correct?

You make a good point regarding the sales tax. I paid it all upfront on my current lease. I would be avoiding 6 months or so of sales tax if I had rolled into my payment. That is a very good point and something I will consider as this deal progresses. The sales tax rate that I was given was 7%. I will try to confirm that is correct before I speak with the sales manager tomorrow.

Thanks again for your input. I will be sure to get everything in writing before I make the trip to the dealership to seal the deal. I will probably list the details one last time on this forum to confirm I am not missing something. Your continued support is greatly appreciated! Thanks....
  • milsey2milsey2 Posts: 12
    To sprinkler13 or anyone who knows:

With normal inception fees down (approx. $1,600)
    G35 Journey Sedan
    15K miles/year
    39 months
    MSRP - $35,140.00
    What would a good PRE-TAX lease cost?
    Would $430/month come close??????????
  • weegie13weegie13 Posts: 1
    Hi, I've been reading everyone's lease terms here and want to know if mine adds up properly... Unfortunately I do not have the break down of all the numbers, but I can tell you what I remember. I'm looking to get the G35x with premium package and wood trim package as the only additions... The lease was for 39 months/12k miles and with zero down. Now I'm turning in my current vehicle which the early termination fee came out to approx $3,000. So with that worked into my payments and taxes rolled in as well, my total money down came out to approx $1,600 with taxes, fees, and first month payment. In the end my monthly payment came out to $559... would this make sense? Again, I don't have the itemized break down of all the numbers, but I live in NY and the dealership was in NJ if that helps with anyone determining whether or not this lease adds up properly... It's not a bad price to me but personally I would rather it be a little lower, like high 400s low 500s and I tried to bring it down but with no luck, I ended up walking out and haven't received any call back yet so I'm wondering if that really is the best they could do or if I have a right to ask for a lower monthly payment... any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
  • jamellajamella Posts: 12
    What do you think?
    They are now offering all the same parameters as discussed previously with these changes...
    Sales Price: $35,350
    Money Factor: 0.175%
    In your opinion, is this worthy of a decent deal?
    It's tough to say exactly since I don't know what MF and residual they are offering on the Journey for 39 months. However, at a guess, it seems pretty good. You need to find out the specifics to get an accurate calculation though.
    Unfortunately there really are way too many variables in your situation to accurately even guess what the payment should be. Did your dealer set the early termination fee or is that something that they negotiated with you? You should really ask them for all the details and if they don't want to give them to you I'd be skeptical.
    well...those numbers ($1100 over invoice) are better than what they previously offered ($2400 over invoice)...assuming that they didn't change your closing costs, and dropped the monthly lease payment significantly. It is very easy for a dealer to tell you those numbers but then pad other things like doc fees, dealer "add-ons", etc. If you are still paying the same closing costs, and there is nothing else rolled into the lease your payment should be like $500/month INCLUDING tax...given those numbers.

I suggest looking for one of the online lease calculators and spend some time plugging in your numbers and then play with all the different calculations to see just how things can be moved around. It's amazing how one small change in one number can affect everything else.
    I was just quoted $592 /mo tax in for a 2007 G35 sport with Nav, Tech, and Premium package. This is for a 39 month lease with only the first month out of pocket. Is this about as low as I can go or is there still some room? I was hoping to end up around $550 tax in. Thanks!!
    After a couple of weeks and numerous discussions with my sales person at my dealership, the sales manager and I finally hashed out what I believe to be decent terms. He called me personally after I stopped my discussions with my original sales person.

Please let me know your thoughts before I agree to go to the dealership and seal the deal.

2007 G35x
    Base Price - $33,950
    Premium Package - $2,150
    Wood Trim Package - $450
    Sirius Satellite Radio - $300
    Splash Guards - $140
    Trunk Cargo net - $50
    Destination Charge - $700
    MSRP - $37,740
    Invoice - $34,567
    Cap Cost - $35,055
    Sales Tax (7%) - $1,195.21
    Reg/Doc Fees - $217.50
    Acquisition/Bank Fee - $595
    Money Factor - .00176
    Residual (58%) - $21,889.20
    Total Depreciation - $13,165.80
    Term - 39 months

Monthly Depreciation - $337.58
    Monthly Money Cost - $100.22

Monthly Lease Payment - $437.81
    Out of Pocket - $2445.52 (1st Pmt, Sales Tax, Reg/Doc Fees, Acquisition/Bank Fee)

Please let me know your thoughts on the terms listed above. Thanks!