Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• jkipsterjkipster Posts: 64
    Your invoice price should be $38,586 assuming the $300 ICAP so their initial quote was right at the invoice before the IFS $2500 dealer cash. Subtracting another $1,500 from the net cap cost puts your payment at $312 @ 8.75 sales tax. I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to get your payment down to $300 per month or less with more negotiating.

I got quotes close to 19% discount from MSRP at the end of June. Shooting for 18% puts your target sales price at $34,038 (another ~$550 off), with net cap at $34,738. Be patient and you may get that towards the end of this month if you can afford to wait. This gets your payment to $287.

Also, put down a one month deposit at drive off to buy down your MF. That will add $300 to your drive off but reduce that payment to $280. You get that $300 back in the end.

Also, some folks on here have suggested finding a current Infiniti owner to co-sign your lease to qualify for the additional $1,000 rebate. If you can do that and apply it to your drive off, you'll pay less than $100 when you sign.

A sale price at $34,470 puts your payment at $300 with one deposit.
  • marasimmarasim Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Great information and thanks a lot for your input. The price I quoted was without any negotiation (the quote without $1500 incentive was with employee discount).

I have few questions:

1. What does it mean by buying down MF. Does it mean I am effectively getting the money for no interest if I put $300? How is the buy down calculated?

2. I do have a friend who got a pre-owned dealer certified infiniti recently, can he co-sign the lease or does it have to be new car owner only? I am assuming he should have his car financed through IFS to be able to co-sign?

3. Is it a good idea to trade in my used car. It is more than 10 year old car which may be difficult to get rid of on craigslist? What should I target as trade-in price (average of KBB private party and dealer?).

Thanks for all the help so far, this is a great forum!
  • guedoguedo Posts: 21
    I am looking to lease a G37 Convertible.

Truecar.com has quoted me 13.5% off MSRP
    MSRP - $54,055
    Truecar - $46,763

What should I expect as a lease payment? My local dealership is notorious for robbing people blind and said that they would give me the "deal" of $499/mo plus tax (8%) with $4k down. The national ad deal is $507/mo plus tax with $4k (+/-) down. So with a discount of $7,200 from truecar (+/-) I am curious as to what to expect. The crooks also said that the discount includes a $2,500 rebate that applies to purchases only, not leases...true, or more theivery?

Thanks in advance!!
  • un1263un1263 Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    Would someone please give me the current 36mo/10K/yr lease numbers for the G37 convertible? 24 month would be nice too if its available.

I currently have a '13 M37 so let me know about any loyalty money as well.

Also, I wouldn't mind hearing what you lease gurus think is a great $0 down deal for a G37 vert with Premium and Nav.

The MSRP on that car would be $54,055 and Truecars 'great' price at the moment is basically 47,000 if that helps. That's only 13% off MSRP on a one year old car so I don't necessarily consider that a great price myself as we head into August.
  • kvl1027kvl1027 Posts: 17
    I was able to get them to agree on $375/month (includ. Tax) with $0 down and only 1st payment at signing. I had 7 remaining payments on the lease, 3 payments were eliminated with the pull ahead promotion and my salesman called IFS to try to get the rest waived, but was unsuccessful.

4 payments of 413 (=1652) were going to be rolled into the lease, but I got the dealer to only roll $1494 into the new lease to keep me at the same payment I have now. So as you can see I got this car with $0 at signing and only 1st month payment at inception. Great Deal and I'm very happy with my new G.

Lease 2013 Infiniti G37 Journey with PREM /NAV
    MSRP $43,360.00
    Capitalized Cost $40,100.00
    Dealer Fee $599.00
    Acq. Fee $700.00
    Lemon Law $2.00
    FL Batt/Tire Lease Fee $66.50
    Tag Transfer $55.00
    Cash Down $-
    Incentives $3,500.00
    Net Capitalized Cost $39,516.59

Money Factor 0.00027
    Residual Value Percentage 0.58
    Residual Value Amount $$ $25,148.80
    Tax 0.07
    Rental Charge $18.50
    Depreciation $14,367.79
    Lease Term 39
    Base Monthly Payment $386.90
    Total Monthly Payment $413.99

Current Lease Pay-Off $24,210.09
    3 month pull-ahead ($413.00/month) $1,239.00
    Residual + Remaining Payments $22,971.09
    Amount for Trade $21,477.00
    Negative Equity $1,494.09

Folks, if you are looking for any advice on a lease, DO NOT PUT ANY MONEY DOWN ON A LEASE!!!! Don't let the dealer convince you to do a cap cost reduction to lower your payment, you are better off keeping your money in a separate account and using a little each month to cover the difference in payment.
  • peterf5peterf5 Posts: 3
    I dont know how unique my situation is. I have a 2010 g37s sedan coming off lease in 4 months. It has about $1800 in body damage that I do not want to lay out, nor want to go through insurance. Ideally I want the dealer to fix the car, and roll the cost of repairs into a new lease. Has anybody had any experience with this? Im thinking I would negotiate the price of the new car first, then add in the cost of repair from there, does this sound valid?
    Have you performed your IFS Lease end inspection yet?

I had a slight dent/deep scratch on the lower front of my last G37S. Got quotes around $600 to fix it. I got dinged only $80 for that as wear & tear upon inspection because the panel wasn't torn!

Maybe see how much in chargeable wear & tear they come up with in your Vehicle Condition Report. I also took advantage of the $500 W&T forgiveness, which you may still be able to get for renewing another lease.
  • kvl1027kvl1027 Posts: 17
    Get an end lease inspection and estimate of damages. Don't let the dealer determine on their own what the costs should be, they may high ball to increase the bottom-line.
  • tayhendtayhend Posts: 3
    Not sure what the final selling price is. Originally at 42k for $438, local dealer matched, and the out of town dealer dropped lower to $410. I'll post all numbers on Saturday when everything is signed and I have paperwork.
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Posts: 64
    the 19% off you were quoted, was that including the rebates? thanks in advance
    1. You can buy down the money factor by 0.00010 for each security deposit you put down. In effect, you lower your interest rate. Give them the deposit at inception, get it back when you return the car, net of whatever wear and tear, mileage overage etc. deductions. But somewhere else on the forums someone mentioned that 2 deposits are the minimum for IFS, so I don't know if you can do that with your 0.00016 MF. YMMV on that.

2. Any Infiniti owner should do. On my first Infiniti lease, they saw that my wife had a G35 and that was good enough. She didn't even have to co-sign or provide any docs. You should inquire with your dealer though to make sure. I've never had to do that but have seen others mention it.

3. I think you'll always recoup the most in a private sale versus a trade in, but it's probably more work. Get a quote from Carmax, price it out on KBB and Edmunds, see other listings in your area on Craigslist and Autotrader, Cars.com etc. It's as much art as science. But doesn't hurt to list it now (CL and also eBay motors) at the high end and see if there's any interest before you are close to getting your car. You can always lower your asking price as you get serious bidders. When I got my first lease the dealer offered me $2,500 on my 9 year old Passat. I ended up selling it for $4,700, and that was lower than I probably could've gotten because I didn't want to take more time to sell it.
    Yes, it included the $2,500 dealer cash and the $1,000 IFS rebate. I'm in the SoCal area so I think it's more competitive than other markets.

Here's a rundown of my quotes for a 2013 G37S:

Glendale Infiniti
    MSRP: $45,425
    Price: $36,817

Metro Infiniti (Monrovia)
    MSRP: $45,150
    Price: $36,953

Santa Monica Infiniti
    Matched Metro's price
  • Jkipster was this for a G37S sedan with premium and navigation? If so I need to head to one of those dealerships which are only 30-40 minutes away from me. I have 4 months left on my current Infiniti lease, so I'm not sure if I should wait another month or so.

Thanks!
  • infi37xinfi37x Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    got a quote for a 2013 G37XS sedan with first month and sec for 400.00 a month lease, 24months 12k a year. this includes taking my 2011 G37x with 7 payments left at 365 a month. does this sound correct?
  • dsmith926dsmith926 Posts: 2
    Carman, I'm looking to lease a g37x with nav package and premium package before the end of the month. The MSRP is 44205, Invoice 41064. I am looking for a 24 month lease with 0 out of pocket. I am eligible for the $1000 loyalty cash,. What other incentives are available ? I'm not sure what the residual and the MF are for July are. I'm in NJ. What should my target price of this vehicle be and what monthly payment should I be looking at ?
    That is correct. Also with kick plates, cargo net, +/- splash guards. I was also in contact with Cerritos and Montclair but they were slow to respond so I didn't get very far with them in negotiations.
  • peterf5peterf5 Posts: 3
    I did not get it inspected yet. I did get outside estimates of $1600 to $2k. I def do not want to come out of pocket, so if dealer quotes me in that range, I am fine with rolling that into my lease. Does anybody know if a dealership would do that?
  • I just got an end of lease inspection for my Infiniti G37. A discount bumper repair company had quoted me $400 to repair just the bumper. The inspector said most damages were non chargeable and only $208 for the bumper.
    They use a third party company called Alliance Inspection Management, so it's not biased. Per my inspector, they do all Infiniti and Ford lease inspections. Came to my work too so it was convenient.

I definitely encourage you to schedule it and see. They ignored all the little nicks. I even got sideswiped once that blemished my topcoat, but it was ignored.

Let us know how it goes.
  • marasimmarasim Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    12000 miles/year for 24 month lease: G37 Journey, with premium, nav, maple wood trim etc. MSRP $44590

Offered lease at $290/month + taxes (~$25).

Drive off is only the registration and first month (~$800).

Residual: 68%
    MF: 0.00016

NOTE: This is including Infiniti loyalty rebate of $1000 (got somebody in the family who owns Infiniti and will co-sign the lease).

Good deal?