Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• mnrep2mnrep2 Posts: 200
    I think you misunderstood me. I meant for you to continue driving the Saab until what you owe on it is closer to what you can sell it for.

Why do you have to sell it in the next 60 days? If you can continue driving your current ride, you can save some $$ for the next one ;)
  • Thanks for the additional information, Andy. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00217 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • You're right, Andy, while there certainly are exceptions to this rule depending upon what the lease program for the model that one is interested in is like, generally speaking the longer a lease is, the lower its monthly payment will be. I don't believe that the '05 G35 Sedan is an exception to this rule.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi earny99. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services in December for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00055 and interestingly enough 55%, respectively. Infiniti is still providing $1,000 dealer cash on this car this month, but this cash is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on your new car, cake97. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. I am sure that a lot of community members will find it helpful as a benchmark for the deals that they are negotiating.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome anka. The only silly questions about leasing are the ones that you don't ask :). It is a confusing subject and dealers often take advantage of consumers who don't understand exactly how it works. You definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

It is difficult for me to say exactly how much of a difference there will be between the lease payment for a 2006 and a 2005 G35 without doing some calculations. I can tell you exactly how much the difference will be if you provide me with MSRPs and selling prices for the '06 and '05 models that you are interested in. You can find information on the MSRPs by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of what the selling prices should be like by checking out this discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jh1234. The exact lease program for this car will vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now, I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Correct me if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00055 and 55%, respectively. Given the larger discount that dealers will likely be willing to provide on '05 G35s and the fact that its money factor is so much lower, I suspect that it will be cheaper to lease an '05 model than it will be to lease an '06 model right now. I can tell you just how much of a difference there is if you provide me with MSRPs and selling prices for the models that you are considering.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Romel. The F&I guy who told you that the .00230 lease money factor that you were quoted is equivalent to an interest rate of 5.52% was right on the money. You can calculate the interest rate equivalent of any lease money factor by multiplying it by 2400. Given your credit score, the money factor that you were quoted for this car looks very reasonable to me. The selling price that you were quoted for this car appears to be slightly over dealer invoice, which is a good deal as well. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal, assuming that the payment with tax is calculated correctly.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're being smart by not putting any money down on your lease, smoogdog. That's definitely the way to go. $500 over invoice is a very reasonable deal for this car. You definitely will qualify for Infiniti Financial Services' top credit tier. I would be happy to estimate what your exact lease payment should be on this car and the fact that you know its selling price is a good starting point. I just need you to tell me its full MSRP. This number is necessary to calculate lease payments.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi infiknight. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

One thing that I notice about it right off the bat is the large down payment that you are making. You will have to pay things like your car's first month's payment at signing, but you should be able to roll any sort of taxes and the acquisition fee into its capitalized cost and should not make any sort of cap cost reduction. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your G35 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey lefty4. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35X through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00201 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00194 and 60%. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • sah2sah2 Posts: 10
    Quoted $396/month for premium / $369/month without for 39 month, 15k miles per year with 0 money down.

Understanding the mf / residual facts, is this a good deal based on others experiences?
  • Hi Car_Man,

Could you please look to see if this is a good deal?

G35 awd premium package with Navi
    MSPR: 39,948
    Selling price: 36,448
    Residual: 59%
    Money factor: 0.00197
    36 months @ 12,000

I am calculating 528-529. Please advise if this looks like a good deal?

Thanks,
  • 06 G35x AWD w/Premium, flaps, trunk liner. MSRP = 37,450.

36 months, 12,000 miles per year lease.

$0 down other than first month's payment, sales tax, and $150 paperwork.

Payments: $460/month.
  • 2005 G35 sedan with premium package C and wood trim inside.

MSRP:35,520
    36 Months with 15,000 miles/year
    758 drive off (first month plus fees)
    407+tax / month
  • I need to get out from my lease for 2004 Maxima SL 22800 miles and a dent on the passenger door (cost to fix ~$800).
    I have finish 25 months out of 39 months. My payoff amount is 22500 and Kelly blue book is $18950.

Infiniti offer me this. They will buy me out on the lease.
    (they will be paying ~$3500 to buy out).

2005 G35 Coupe RWD Auto
    options: premium pckg= 2450 + spoiler free.
    Total Value of the vehicle = 35840 +tax +Acq fee = 37325
    48 months/560 per month 12000 Miles/yr.
    Residual value $18250.

DEAL OR NO DEAL.
  • I'd be happy to take a look at your deal, sonicboom. I believe that Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of this car is .00194 and that the .00197 factor that you mentioned is for a 39 month lease. The residual value is a little off as well, but close. These numbers are so close that it doesn't really matter. Either way, the dealer is being honest with you about this car's money factor and is not trying to mark it up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks very good as well. I just worked up a lease payment on this car for you and according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 AWD Sedan with an MSRP of $39,948 and a selling price of $36,448 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $454. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be around the same. I used a 36 month factor and residual of .00194 and 61% and 39 month numbers of .00197 and 60% to arrive at the payment that I came up with. As you can see, this is a lot lower than the payment that you came up with. Perhaps it is because the residual that you were quoted is too low.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings earny99. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • I see that you have been watching the new NBC game show, freshwater. The first time that I flipped on "Deal or No Deal" I said to myself "This is dumb" and I wanted to change the channel, but I just couldn't. It's silly but strangely addictive. Anyhow, I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". One of our most knowledgeable community members, Terry, frequents that discussion and he is often kind enough to give community members who give him an accurate description of their vehicles with his opinion on their value. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Is the "Total Value of the vehicle" that you mentioned this car's MSRP or selling price? I need to know both of these numbers to give you my opinion of this deal. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • car_man,

Here are the details.
    MSRP= $36700
    Agreed upon value of the vehicle = $35841
    Sales Tax = $934
    Acquisition fee = $550
    Adjusted Capitalized cost = $37020
    Residual value = 18250
    Rent charge = 8109 ( what is this ??)

For my maxima the mkt value (kelly book) of the car is $18950 and the payoff amount is $22950. So dealship has to pay the difference to the Bank (nissan financial )plus a small dent to fix (~$850). so far I have payed off $11440 and remaining payments left are $5720.

Yes I did watch Deal or No Deal and people walk away with lot of money very easily.

Thanks.
  • Thanks for the additional information, freshwater. A base 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. According to the information that you posted, you are only being given a discount of around $860 on this car. If you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition for your business, I suspect that you will be able to do better than this by shopping around. Having said this, if the dealer is not charging you anything to get out of your current lease early you are making out fine.

Lease payments are made up of two main components, the interest portion and the depreciation. The rent charge that you asked about is the total amount of interest that you are being charged over the life of your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • This is a 2005 Coupe with premium package, spoiler, splash guards, Mats all adds to $37100 as MSRP. 0 down,
    He also told me he will sell me for the invoice price and he shows me the invoice which was around $32500 very close to edmunds invoice price..
    It looks like the dealer is not charging me for breaking the lease but he still need to pay the difference of the mkt value of maxima and the buyout and some how he included those in my payments which adds up to $560/m.

I done the Deal today.

thanks.
  • Hello all,

Thank you for all your comments and tips and making my leasing process easy...

Here is the deal that I got:
    MSRP - $39400 (Premium Package and Nav)
    Cap cost - $36534
    Mileage - 15K year
    Lease - 39mths
    first month/tax/tags/doc fees/aqu fee - $3158
    down payment - $0
    Monthly payment - $472

Please let me know if this was a good deal or not...

thanks,

Up
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    Hello, Freshwater. May I ask why you're ready
    to turn your Maxima in early? The reason I
    ask, I'm almost four years into a five-year
    lease on a 2002 Maxima. I love the car, but
    this has been my first lease and although I
    got cash back in my pocket to drive this car
    and the payments are pretty decent, the length
    of the lease is just too long, as I have been
    trading in my cars every three to three-and-a half years. I looked into leasing a 2005 Maxima, but the dealer (I have bought three Nissans from this dealership in the past) did not seem to want to work out a deal that I thought was reasonable. Same picture;
    I supposedly owe more than the car is worth.
    So I would say this sounds like a pretty good
    deal to me if Infiniti is willing to do that
    for you. The G35 coupe is also on my wish
    list for my next car also. Good luck
  • Maximafan,

Nothing against the maxima its runs real good but I just feel like driving a more sporty car. And G35 Coupe will give you the feel and look of a sports car. Its like driving a Z350 with four seats and a look of Porche from the front. I am enjoying every mile of it. This car reminds me of my 1983 RX-7 I used to drive but much more power and strong brakes. Try taking your car to Carmax they might give you a better price or just go to Infiniti and see what deal they can give you.
  • dknetzdknetz Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I am looking for a lease on a G35 coupe with sport and premium packages. I want 24 months and 12K per year. I would like to pay $1000 to drive off. Can you please tell me how much I should expect to pay per month excluding tax?

Thanks for your help
  • Congratulations on your new car, freshwater. Dealer invoice is a very reasonable price for a G35 Coupe. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi uptempoballer. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks good to me. Using the information that you provided in your post, I estimate that this car should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $459. Assuming that you paid tax at lease signing, it appears as though the payment that you were given is a little higher than this. Perhaps the dealer that you are working with marked-up Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for this car to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • I completely agree with your assessment of the G35 Coupe, freshwater. I think that it is a gorgeous car. You have excellent taste in vehicles :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi dknetz. In order for me to give you an idea of how much it will cost to lease this car, I need you to provide me with its MSRP and selling price. You should be able to find all of thie information here at Edmunds.com. Stop by the following section of this site to find the MSRP: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have this information, let me know and I will use Infiniti's actual lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host