Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• mftmrtmftmrt Posts: 17
    The rates I received and posted above are for Southern Cal.
  • poorprofpoorprof Posts: 109
    I know you lose your cap cost, but will you also lose your 9 sec deposits if the car is stolen and not recovered?
  • mftmrtmftmrt Posts: 17
    wouldn't you make more by taking the money that you would pay as security deposits and putting it in an account earning 5%?
  • Hi soonertime. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $3,100between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. That means that the price that you were quoted, a $1,300 discount, is probably a little under $2,000 over invoice. If most dealers in your area are only willing to do $500 off this isn't a bad deal, but that's still a lot of room to play with. It wouldn't hurt to comparison shop some more. You also should stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

That covers this car's price, now let's look at the lease program. The money factor that you were quoted is too high. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2007 G35 Sedan Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00228 and 56%, respectively. Make sure that this is the money factor that is used to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings agie1. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Huma2, here is the latest program information for the car that you're interested in. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2006 G35 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00006 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00064 and 55%. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $35,200, and a selling price of $32,000 I estimate that this car's 24 month, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $398. Its 36 month payment should be around $384.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings 1sttimeleaser. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi writebrian. Infiniti publishes a new lease program every month. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about a 12 month lease program for this model for the month of December. This offer may have already expired. Infiniti still has lease support available on other length leases of this car though.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Congratulations on your new car, brott8. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Ha, that's a good one, bstevenf. Who's "not allowing" these dealers to discount this car? Infiniti? I don't think so. You are in a very competitive market. Try e-mailing or visiting a number of Infiniti dealers, I suspect that you will eventually get one to break the rules, wink wink, and give you a discount on this car. While you're at it, try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Welcome lookingaround. You should be able to get a good idea of what sort of deals community members have gotten on this car lately by scrolling back in this discussion a little bit and checking out a few of the posts. I can actually use Infiniti's actual lease program to estimate what your payment should be on this car. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. You can find its MSRP by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You may be able to get an idea of what sort of price you should pay for it by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know what you come up with and I'll calculate a lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • HI blerner2. Marking up vehicles' money factors benefits dealers because banks provide kickbacks to dealers that are able to increase money factors above their buy rates.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi sprinkler13. I don't believe that there are any risks associated with putting down additional security deposits on leased vehicles. Most banks that allow multiple security deposits will fully refund them in the event that a vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Still it's not a bad idea to check with Infiniti Financial Services, or whichever bank you are leasing through to make absolutely certain that this is the case. The main risk that is associated with making multiple security deposits is the opportunity cost associated with making them. The discount that one receives by making them is usually significant enough for all but the most aggressive investors to justify making them though. Manufacturers' captive finance companies, like Infiniti Financial Services, are usually very reasonable when assessing returned vehicles for excess wear and tear. There's no reason for them to nickel and dime a lessee to death, angering them, and potentially costing their parent company (in this case Infiniti) a future sale. That would be penny wise and pound foolish. Lessees who make additional security deposits are no more likely to have to pay a penalty for excess wear and tear than a normal lessee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi zmonet. I haven't seen a 12 month lease program for this car this month. Infiniti may no longer be offering that short a lease on this car. I have seen its 24 month program though. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 G35 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 68%, respectively. Its 12,000 mil per year residual value is 1% higher. Using these numbers and the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $39,690 and a selling price of $35,700, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $456 with 15,000 miles per year and $440 with 12,000 miles per year. With this deal, at lease signing you would have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, IFS' $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Congratulations on your new car, joseppi22. I would be happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you, however you never mentioned your car's selling price. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. This number will show me how much of a discount you were given on your car. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. Let me know what the selling price is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here's the info that you're looking for, zmonet. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of a 2006 G35 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 68%, respectively. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value is 1% higher. I have not seen a 12 month lease program for this car in December. It is possible that Infiniti is no longer offering 12 month leases on it. You need to check with your dealer to find out if this is the case.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey sprinkler13. I believe that Infiniti Financial Services' charges a security deposit equivalent to your vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment. It allows lessees to make up to nine additional deposits, with each additional one lowering the money factor that is used to calculate their vehicle's payment by .00010.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi zmonet. Dealers do not have the authority to alter banks' published residual values. Infiniti Financial Services' current 24 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a base 2006 G35 Coupe is currently 68%. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with IFS' buy rate for this term.

The car that you described, an '06 G35 Coupe with Premium & Nav has a spread of around $3,300 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a $2,734 discount on it. This is probably right around $500 over invoice, which is pretty good.

Bottom line: the lease program that you were quoted is correct and the price that you were quoted isn't bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings mr_g_35_s. Don't sell yourself short, I am sure that you can figure out exactly how leasing works by checking out the following easy to understand articles that are available on the subject: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you, however you never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Sprinkler13 is right. Consumers who make down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. If you have the money available, a better way to lower your vehicle's monthly payment would be to make multiple security deposits. Each additional security deposit that one makes on a lease through Infiniti Financial Services, up to a maximum of nine, lowers the money factor that is used to calculate the interest portion of one's monthly payment by .00010. The best thing about making additional security deposits is that you actually get that money back at the end of your lease, unlike a down payment which is just gone.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum