Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Not enough info for me to say and I don't know the 39 month buy rate, but it is probably a bit higher than the 36 month rate of 0.00235. In your state to you pay tax up front only or on the payment and does your $509 payment include tax?

When I checked last month on a sports sedan they got 0.00010 more for the MF and 2% less on the residual than the 36 month lease. If I plug in your price less the $230 cap cost reduction I get $34,270. With no tax at 0.00245 (guess at the rate) and the residual you show I get $480 per month. If you add 7.3% tax on the payment I get $513.

Invoice on an x with premium/splash/net is $34,216, so your price including the doc fee is $329 over invoice - which is a pretty nice price. If you can pin them down on the lease MF and it is around 0.00245 you should be good to go - or at least as good to go as it gets right now :D .

Dennis
  • nringnring Member Posts: 97
    Dennis, what is the buy rate? is the the MF that is NOT marked up? i got a MF of .00257 for 12k/mi 39 mon th lease on a g35x with navi, prem package..is that good? just curious how you defined buy rate as it relates to MF

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• nringnring Member Posts: 97
    tri_dad, i am being offered the exact same mf and residual...hwo did you make out finding if the 36 mo lease was better?

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

The buy rate is what the dealer "pays" for the lease - they can, and do, mark this up for extra profit. If you get the buy rate you get the lowest rate that IFS offers. I have found that ALL BMW dealers mark this up and many Infiniti dealers do as well. Most are honest, if you just ask them if this is the buy rate or marked up they will tell you. The source (leasecompare.com) that gives us the buy rates either does not get or does not publish the 39 month rate, so you are on your own there. Normally it is a bit higher than the 36 month rate, which we do get to see. The dealer can't change the residual so that is what it is.

Dennis
  • mikeintheocmikeintheoc Member Posts: 23
    Another is this price right post, but the drive off looks good...

This is from Mission Viejo, CA:
    Car: G35 Journey
    Options: Prem, Sport, Cargo net, splashguard
    Invoice: 33900
    Asking Price: 34182
    Lease Terms: 36mo, 12K miles
    Drive off Total: 874.99 :confuse:
    Per Month: 497 excluding tax

Is this a good deal? Did they just roll all the TTL, bank, etc fees into the monthly payments?
  • tommygun45tommygun45 Member Posts: 2
    I just came from a dealer in MA and after plenty of haggling got this deal.

2008 Infiniti G35xS
    Premium, Sport
    MSRP $38,315
    Selling Price $36,000
    $4250 Total Due at signing includes $2700 + $1550 for fees etc.
    24 mos - $405/mo
    36 mos - $439/mo

To me the 36 month lease still seems a little high. I have an offer from a BMW dealership for a 2008 BMW 328xi with Premium, Xenon, Ipod, Sport package, sticker price 42,950, selling price 41, 750 for $4000 total out of pocket and $470/mo for 36 mos. All prices include taxes.

What do you guys think? The BMW is $5750 more and only $31 more a month. Which one would you guys take?
    I have found the dealing over the Internet via e-mail or even over the phone is a lot easier and takes less of your time that going to the lot to haggle.

In any case, a G35x with premium, sport (I don't think I get the need for the sports pack on the x), and cargo net comes to $38,275 including destination, so I don't know how your car has $38,315 - but that is close enough. The invoice would be $35,050. So your price is nearly $1,000 over invoice, which to me is at least 2x too much profit. You also don't state what your lease money factor is - the buy rate factors are posted in this thread from earlier in the month. There could also be a dealer fee or two buried in your pricing as well.

You also should not put so much in up front (on either car) - if your new lease car is stolen or totalled your insurance company will pay off the lease bank and likely give you nothing - so you lose all your up front money.

The BMW is a nice car, I have owned a 330i and an M5. A bit more of a driver's car (better handling and road feel) and it does include free maintenance (which on a BMW is really high). It is quite a bit less power (230hp) but it is lighter yet does not return any better MPGs at the pump. The inline 6 in the BMW is a LOT smoother than the G v6 motor. The G35x is to me hands down better looking inside and out and for sure should be more reliable, though neither should give you much trouble during your lease term - only if you plan on buying them at lease end. The G35x has a much, much, much better sounding audio system in it - if that matters.

Drive them both and get what you want, if that is the BMW and the extra coin does not bother you then go with that. If you bargain down the G35x to $500 over invoice you would save nearly $14 a month plus interest plus taxes on a 36 month lease. Get them down $750 more and you save nearly $21 per month + int + tax. The same is true for the BMW, the better the price the less you pay per month.

These captive lease banks set the residuals and rates based on how bad they want to move cars. The dealers (both Infiniti and BMW) can and will mark up the bank fee and the money factor on the lease for extra profit - if you let them. It would appear just looking at the numbers that your posted than either the BMW dealer wants to move the car more than the Infiniti dealer or the captive lease bank (BMWFS) wants to move the BMW more than IFS does - or both are true.

Dennis
  • mika01mika01 Member Posts: 12
    I am looking to get G35x with Sport, Premium, Navigation registered in NY.
    The MSRP is $40,365.00 and Tax Rate is 8.375.
    I want 24 Month / 10K miles with 0 out of pocket (just pay first month and transfer plates)
    Calling different dealers produced best price at $611 per month.
    I don't know if this is a good deal, but looks too much for this car.
    Any suggestions? Is it likely that I would get a better deal next month?
    Thanks.
  • mackeysmackeys Member Posts: 7
    Infiniti has a current promotion listed for a G35 Journey with Premium and Sports packages. Can someone help me please decypher the details? I want to confirm that I am doing the math correctly and am properly interpreting this deal. Bottom line is I believe the MF is a good deal, bt that their selling price for the car is not.

The exact wording is: "2008 G35 Journey Premium with Sport Package - $4,269 initial payment. Excludes taxes, title and license, $4269 initial payment required at consummation. (Incudes $3,900 consumer down payment, $369 first month payment, $0 security deposit)." Additional language.."MSRP $36,915 incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $31,817 includes a $595 non-refundable acquision fee. ....Monthly payments total $8,856. At lease end, purchase for $25,471.35....12,000 miles per year".
    First, when I plug in the numbers, I do get the same MSRP of $36,915. Second, using $25,471.35 and doing the math, I get 69% residual which seems appropriate. If I plug in the $31,817 and use a MF of .00183 (got this MF from the sales manager yesterday) I get fairly close with a monthly payment of $369 and am close but not exact on the total payments ($8862 vs $8856).
    My two questions...
    Did I do the math correctly?
    Would this imply that the selling price of the car is $35,717 ($31,817 + $3,900)? If so, this is about what TMV is listing for this car ($35,642), but quite a bit over invoice ($33,772).
    Should I then assume that a better deal may be had?
    If so, what would be a reasonalbe price to expect over the invoice price? (Ok, that is actually four questions).
    Thanks.
    69% for a 24 month, 24k miles lease on a G35 journey sounds right.

IFS must have dropped the lease rates (or some of them) mid-month since at the start of the month the MF for this lease would have been 0.00218 .

I didn't check your numbers, but often these published lease deals leave some meat on the bone (profit) for the dealers and with some negotiation you can get the "deal" with a lot less down or a lower payment. I would not approach a dealer and ask for the published special, I would start with negotiating the price for the car (somewhere close to invoice) and then once you have your best price get the lease numbers.

Remember that the published net cap includes the $595 bank fee, so the car is priced at net + money down - $595, so a bit closer to invoice that you posted, I think.

Dennis
  • emmissemmiss Member Posts: 16
    Just curious as to what was the negotiated vehicle cost and money factor for this lease?
    Per Tarry at Leasecompare.com . The G37 lease numbers (which are high) seem to be the same as at the start of the month, but the sedan MFs have dropped.

Infiniti Financial Services Lease Programs – Effective 12/27/07

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00183 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00198 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00249 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 68% of MSRP – .00183 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00198 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00249 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 67% of MSRP – .00183 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00198 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 37% of MSRP – .00249 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G35 X Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 68% of MSRP – .00159 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00193 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00217 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00230 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

In my experience, the IFS residuals go up just 1% from 15k to 12k miles per year, then 1% more from 12k to 10k per year and not the percentages Tarry shows. The dealer can't change the residual in any case, so what your dealer gives you should be the correct number.

Dennis
    How about something like this? Sorry for the basic Excel approach. As always, please feel free to suggest improvements/correct errors.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/emmisbee/G-leaseRates.jpg

BTW, I opted to include the G37 data because I am considering both vehicles and wanted to compare the rates/residuals.

Looks good to me, thanks for taking the time to gather and process the data!

About the only thing that would make it better would be if we ran the numbers each month for some standard car from each group. Say the car w/premium pack only in each trim/model. Figure it at $500 over invoice or something (once) then add in the bank fee and get the net cap cost to use over and over. Then we would plug in the residual percent and MF each month and get a net payment and chart/track that. I have not have time to do that, so I don't blame you or anyone else for not having done it either :D . I would think it would be instructive - for example when I was trying to find a 6mt like I wanted in June the MF was low but the residual was just 54%. The residual is higher now, but the rate is as well. I know because I ran the numbers (on the car I want) that the current payment comes out about 2% higher per month. So it is is a pretty good time to buy, but not the best.

I would prefer a G37 myself, but they are so overpriced compared to the sedan. The residual is always better so that helps offset the extra cost, but the current lease MFs are just too high. At some point they will drop and you should be able to lease the similarly equipped coupe for close to the lease payment on the sedan. At lease end if you choose to keep the coupe, it will cost you a good bit more (that strong residual).

BTW, I have not talked to the dealer yet but I checked their online inventory and the 6mt they ordered for me back in June (arrived in Sept as an 08) is no longer showing in stock. I would not take it at the high rates back then and was hoping they would still have it when the numbers got better - it looks like someone else got it. So I have better rates again, but again no car to lease....

Dennis
  • 604doc604doc Member Posts: 182
    Hi Dennis,
    I've been following this thread for a while since I'm considering leasing an X, and have a couple questions for you.
    When I use the Edmunds lease calculator using the numbers provided in this thread, I always seem to get a very high monthly payment. I think I may be doing something wrong. Do you take the negotiated price for the car, multiply it by the residual, and subtract that number from the the negotiated price to figure the monthly payment before taxes and fees?
    Also, the general consensus is to work right around invoice price, but the Edmunds TMV for the G35 seems to be just a few hundred dollars below MSRP. Is it realistic to think you'll be able to pay invoice on these cars?
    Thanks for all your help, I've really been learning a lot.
    Nelson
  • jebelljebell Member Posts: 54
    I think it is at this time realistic to pay near invoice, at least in NJ. I just paid $400 under invoice for a G35X with prem and nav. DOC fee $199
    The formula for determining a lease payment is:

(Cap Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
    (Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Interest
    Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment

So lets take a simple example: Cap Cost (your negotiated price) is $40,000, the residual is $20,000 (50%), the term is 36 months, and the money factor is 0.00200 .

($40,000 - 20,000) / 36 = $555.56 per month depreciation
    ($40,000 + 20,000) * 0.00200 = $120.00 per month interest
    So the payment would be $675.56 per month, not including taxes.

Take those same numbers and plug into any lease calculator and you should come out with the same payment - or the calculator you are using is wrong. The Edmunds calc comes up $686.27 but that is because it does not figure the "amount financed" properly and you can't zero out the security deposit field.

Dennis
    Thanks Dennis,
    Now it's clear to me. I appreciate your response.

Nelson
    Thanks Jebell-I'm not sure how Edmunds figures TMV, but in this case, from what you and many others are saying, they are quite a bit higher than invoice. Thanks for your input!

Nelson
    Here you go - chart my month by car of the payments.

I did not do the base sedans and coupes (who buys those?) and I equipped each with the premium pack, splash guards, and cargo net. I used the 2008 MSRP and set the cap cost at $500 over invoice and did not roll the bank fee into the lease. No taxes or any other fees included and no cap cost reductions.

The months of June - Aug are for MY2007 cars but still use the MY2008 prices. From Sept on they are MY2008 numbers. You may not could have purchased these at $500 at some of these times (like the coupes in Sept-Oct) but to keep it even I assumed the MSRP and our price was constant - the only variables are the MF and the residual percentage.

Full chart here

Dennis

Nice. I like this since it translates all the mumbo jumbo into a more practical and flexible snapshot of what we would actually be paying. Thanks!
    I have had a couple of Infiniti sales folks tell me in the past that while the residual and MF may change, they in general end up with about the same payment from month to month. I think charting it out pretty much shows they are correct. Other than the 6mt sedan jump in Oct (when my ordered car came in :sick: ) there is not a lot of difference in the sedan net payment no matter when you purchase.

Clearly the biggest factor is what the price is you can get. That is not reflected in the chart - a left over 07 is likely cheaper to buy that a new 08 in Sept/Oct - but if you could buy for the same amount over invoice you don't save by getting a left over car. The new coupe is an anomaly since that was just launched and dealers were gouging at the start and IFS has still not put any good rates on them.

One thing I played with tonight is a 24 month lease (like the $369 special they have been advertising). If you run the numbers, the 24 month lease ends up being not a lot more than the 36 month lease for the same car. They are higher, but not by as much as you would expect.

Dennis
  • kv418kv418 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease a G35 6MT w/Prem for 36-months with 15K and the Residual and MF I got from my local dealership are 59% and 0.00271

Can anyone tell me if these are accurate Jan lease numbers!
    Are you looking at an 08 sedan?

The last numbers we had for a 36/45k lease were 56% and 0.00198 . The dealer can't change the residual, but the dealer can mark up the money factor for extra profit - also the lessee's credit score determines the offered rate based on a tiered system.

There are currently no example/advertised deals on the Infiniti web page, so I am not sure Jan numbers have been released yet.

The worst tier 1 rate we have had all year on the 6mt sedan has been 0.00285 back in October.

Dennis
  • jpittmanjpittman Member Posts: 3
    I want to purchase a new 2007 G35 Coupe. I am in Dallas, TX and I am having difficulty finding one locally but I am willing to travel. Any suggestions for locating dealers who still have new 2007 models? Any assistance or suggestion you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

James
  • soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    "The last numbers we had for a 36/45k lease were 56% and 0.00198 . "

Are these still in effect for the 08's?
    I think those ended 1/2/08 and I have not seen the new numbers yet.

Dennis
  • mistereedmistereed Member Posts: 9
    Curious to see if anyone knows what happens or what to do if a lease is not funded by IFS? I picked up my car on 9/29 and paid first months payment. The dealer had made a mistake in the estimated taxes field so I signed a revised contract around the end of Oct/beginning of Nov. and sent my second payment with the revised contract to the dealer. It is now 1/8 and my lease has still not been funded. I've contacted IFS and no record for me.
    I would gather up your paperwork and visit the dealership's F&I folks and explain the situation to them and show them your paperwork and ask that they get it straightened out. Until the lease is funded IFS would not have a record of you.

"In theory" driving around in a car you don't have to pay for sounds nice, in the end you need to take steps to get it fixed and funded.

Dennis
    Per Tarry at LeaseCompare.com:

2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 72% of MSRP – .00217 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 51% of MSRP – .00275 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00282 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G37 Journey Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 70% of MSRP – .00217 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00275 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00282 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 72% of MSRP – .00217 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00275 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00282 Base Rate

These are 15k mile per year residuals, 12k should be 1% higher than shown and 10k mile per year should be 2% higher than shown. I have been told the 10k mile per year lease is no longer available on the 24 month term.

Dennis
    Finally a little coupe relief. Using my "sample" G37s (journey w/premium for $500 over invoice and sport 6mt w/premium for $500 over invoice) the payments for January 08 drop compared to last month.

Journey: $490.09 from $511.79

Sport 6mt: $486.70 from $508.83

Keep in mind that there is $500 in customer cash if you purchase of lease a G37 coupe OR $1,000 in customer cash if you already own or lease an Infiniti. Sounds like the two can be combined, so you can deal the price as low as you can get then add the $500 or $1,000 on top and then the better lease numbers and get a decent deal.

I will attach a graph in another message.

Dennis

Image is here if you can't see it online.

Dennis
  • psquaredpsquared Member Posts: 17
    The last post I see for sedan rates is #2196 on 12/27. Are these the current rates? Thx
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Hello Dennis,

I'm curious did leasecompare not have the sedan rates available when you posted? I located the following from the same source you are using but for the sedans. Could you verify these? I'm specifically interested in the G35X, which I'll be picking up Saturday. Based on a quick calculation I'm seeing similar savings in Jan for the G35X vs the 56% and .00198 from December...but I've been wrong before. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Mike

2008 Infiniti G35 Base Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 70% of MSRP – .00207 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00231 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 47% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 40% of MSRP – .00249 Base Rate

24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00207 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00231 Base Rate
    24 Month – Residual 67% of MSRP – .00207 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00231 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate

36 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00210 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00231 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00241 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms
    At the time I posted the coupe numbers, I did not have the sedan numbers - or I would have posted them :D .

I have them now.

Dennis
    Per Tarry at LeaseCompare.com

2008 Infiniti G35 Base Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 70% of MSRP – .00207 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00231 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 47% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 40% of MSRP – .00249 Base Rate

24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00207 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00231 Base Rate

24 Month – Residual 67% of MSRP – .00207 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00231 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate

36 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00210 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00231 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00241 Base Rate

The residuals shown are for 15k per year leases, 12k per years lease would have a 1% higher residua and 10k per year leases would have 2% higher residuals than those shown.

It looks like the deals are worse for January than they were for end of December. I will try to update my spreadsheet and chart and post that on Friday, but spot checking the 36 month on the journey, sport, and x shows higher rates on all, but in some case a little higher residual to offset it. I will not know the net result to the payments until I plug the new numbers in.

Dennis
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    OK, I quickly calculated a Dec vs. Jan for the G35X 36month/15K miles using the formula posted as;

(Cap Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
    (Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Interest
    Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment

Assuming cap cost=MSRP

For Dec (56% RV, .00193 MF)

$40000(MSRP)-22400(RV)/36= $488.88
    $40000 + 22400 * .00193=$120.43
    $488.88 + $123.55= $609.31

For Jan (59% RV, .00210 MF)

$40000(MSRP)-23600(RV)/36= $455.55
    $40000 + 23600 * .00210=$133.56
    $455.55 + $133.56= $589.11

Unless my basic math skills are lacking the slightly higher RV offsets the increase in the MF to yield a savings on this model.

I'm throwing this out there before I call the dealer tomorrow to confirm the lower payment based on the above assumptions.

Mike

Edit to original post I did not have the MF for Dec properly stated at .00193
  • psquaredpsquared Member Posts: 17
    Thanks to all for posting the new rates. I agree with Mike, looks like the higher RV offsets the new MF and still yields a savings this month. My current lease is not up until 3/5 but these figures look enticing. Think I'll give them a call today...
    Here you go. All sample cars are the model stated plus premium pack leased for $500 over invoice at the 15k mile per year - 36 month lease rates.

In 2 out of 3 sedan cases, the higher residuals offset the higher money factors to new out almost the same payment.

The sample journey ends up $0.50 per month cheaper than the end of December lease payments, the sample x is exactly the same payment. The losers are sport 6mt sedan folks as the new net payment is $8.50 more per month.

Full chart is here if you can't view it in the forum.

So the same payments for journey and X folks, lower payments for coupe folks, and higher payments for 6mt sedan folks. The actual savings or extra cost will depend on the options, MSRP, and negotiated price of the car you want.

Dennis
  • soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    This is pretty sweet. Everything is summarized at a glance. Thanks for your work, Dennis. Hopefully you can continue doing these charts monthly.

In the meantime I'll keep wishing that those G35 6MT rates go down.
    Before we get the low-down on the buy rates for the lease deals we always see the "specials" on the manufacturers web pages. I always want to know or someone will ask me "is this a good deal" so I do two things:

1) I compare the net cap cost shown to invoice. The net may include the bank fee and is reduced by what they expect you to put down on the car, but often we can negotiate the price down to the point where we end up with the "lease special" payment w/o paying anything down.

2) The second thing is to solve for the money factor. They give the payment, net cap, residual dollar amount, and term but never give the MF in the lease deals. In the past I would just plug the term, residual, and net cap in and try various MFs until I came up with the right payment. This is pretty tedious and takes a bit of time, so I looked at it and figured out the formula.

Having the residual percent and money factor are the keys to looking at the deal, since using those you could see what a car equipped as you want it would cost and compare that to prior months. Now IFS uses different rates and residuals for different trim lines, but if they post a Journey w/premium deal you can use the residual and MF to figure a Journey w/premium/nav/tech payment.

The formula is.....

Where P is payment, C is net cap cost, R is residual, T is term in months, and M is money factor:

The formula to figure the payment is:

P = ((C-R) / T) + ((C+R) * M)

So to solve for the Money factor given the payment, residual, and net cap you would use:

M = (P - ((C-R)/T)) / (C + R)

It then is a simple matter to set up a spreadsheet where you enter the MSRP (for reference), net cap, residual in dollars, stated payment, and term in months. You then can calculate the residual percent by dividing the residual in dollars by the MSRP. Then use the formula shown above to solve for the money factor. Finally use the top formula shown to re-calculate the payment based on the solved MF as a double check.

I was able to take the coupe and sedan lease specials and solve for the MF and in the case of the sedan lease confirm that the 24 month MF matches what I posted last night. The 39 month MF for the coupe was confirmed for me by a dealer today (Tarry does not get or does not post the 39 month IFS terms).

I can send you a copy of the spreadsheet, but if you can operate your software you should have no trouble making up your own. Then when any lease deal is posted you can quickly get the residual percent and MF and decide if this is really a good deal or not. You can then compare those VS prior months and plug them into the sheet for a car equipped like YOU want and see if the net is a higher or lower payment.

Dennis
  • ninabeemerninabeemer Member Posts: 8
    Hello all:

Looking into leasing a G37, and was curious if anyone has the January '08 MF's and residuals for 36 mo / 12K leases? Also, any incentives I should be aware of? Thanks all.
    Don't forget that Infiniti is offering $500 in "Conquest bonus cash" for registered owners of non-Infiniti vehicles if you purchase or lease a new G37 coupe.

If you currently own or lease an Infiniti (any model) this goes up to $1,000. You do not have to trade in your current vehicle to get this discount. This also is available no matter if you purchase or lease as well.

These can be combined with VPP pricing, the current discounted finance deals (2.9% to 3.9% for terms from 24 to 60 months), and the current lease deals.

I was running the numbers from an Infiniti dealer for a lease proposal on a coupe and the dealer's numbers were LOWER than mine (a rarity) until I realize I rolled in the $595 bank fee but forgot to take out the $500 cash - making the bank fee $95. The dealer remembered and when I took out the $500 mine matched exactly.

Dennis
  • shov8shov8 Member Posts: 87
    LOL it's about 15 posts prior to yours... there is G37 and G35 lease information.

kc
    LOL it's about 15 posts prior to yours... there is G37 and G35 lease information.

Not their fault, the mods combined the G35 lease forum with the G37 lease forum and the question was asked in the G37 forum :D . Once the messages from the G37 forum were moved in here it makes it look like they did not do a good job of searching.

Dennis
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Sure, sure... blame it on me... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mika01mika01 Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know around what days of each month IFC sets the lease rates?
    Can the rates go up in the middle of a month?
    Thanks.
    They can change them at any time, they answer to no one. Normally they change when the current specials change as shown on the Infiniti web page. This month, that is Jan 31.

In December they changed them mid-month but they made the deals better, and not worse.

Last year they had a $1,500 cash incentive on left over G35 coupes and they pulled it 1 or 2 weeks into one month and replaced it with some other promo.

I would expect the current numbers to expire at the end of the month and if anything changes would be for the better. At month end they look at the sales numbers and see if they need to tweak them up or down depending on how sales are going.

Dennis
  • jeeves23jeeves23 Member Posts: 2
    I'm trying to lease a G37 coupe with the premium package with $0 down and 39 months. The guy first quoted me $672/month which is ridiculous. He then went down to $572 and i told him to remove the nav from the quote and he said that drops the price $50, which i expected. He's now down around $522/month

I am trying to get him to about $430-450/month...I've asked him for the price of the car for his quoted numbers so I'm waiting on that. I'm assuming the MSRP is going to be approx 37k. From the info above people are paying just above invoice on these, meaning he should be able to get me down to the number I'm looking for. Is my goal price range reasonable?

I may not have provided enough info...let me know if I need anything more. This is the first time I'm attempting to negotiate a car on my own.
    This is the first time I'm attempting to negotiate a car on my own.

That shows :D .

Seriously, there are plenty of folks who have leased several times and they still get bad deals.

Are you looking at a journey coupe with premium (auto) or a 6mt sport with premium ? I will assume the journey.

First off, always negotiate the price of the car just as if you were paying cash for it. Never "play payments" with the dealer as you will have no idea if you are getting a good deal or not nor will you know if you have left money on the table or not. The dealer could end up giving you a 48 month or 60 month lease to entice you with low payments, but those are terrible deals.

So you get the best price you can on the car letting several dealers compete against each other for best price for the car including destination and any dealer doc or prep fees. Once you get a price you think is good, then select that dealer and move onto the lease details. You can research the invoice of the car online, in this case a G37 journey w/premium is $35,656 . So anything within $500 or so of that including dealer fees would be a nice price, within $1k would be decent.

I have posted the lease buy rates and residuals in the forum, so you can use them to figure you own payments and play "what if" with the amount of money you pay at signing. If you like the numbers you see, you double check them and then see what the dealer says. If their numbers match, you are all set.

You can use the "promo deal" from the Infiniti web page for a guide. They show $469 per month for 39 months with $3,018 due at signing - $2,549 of that going toward a cap cost reduction. The net cap cost is $36,152 and the residual is $23,349. We can figure the MF as 0.00236 and the residual as 61% of MSRP. If we add the $2,549 back onto the net cap and take off the $595 bank we get the selling price: $38,106 or $800 off of MSRP and $2,450 over invoice - so lots of room for us to drive the price down.

So you say you want to pay nothing at signing, if we go with the promo price (for now) and take off the down payment of $2,549 the payment goes up to $540.08 per month plus tax. So that is probably where they got their first number.

Now, let us say you negotiate the price down to $1k over invoice, that is $1,450 cheaper that the promo deal, the payment drops to $499.48 per month plus tax.

Say you negotiate the price to $500 over invoice, the payment would be $485.48 plus tax.

If you got them to invoice, your payment would be $471.48 per month plus tax.

So saying "I am trying to get him to $430-450 per month" makes NO SENSE since if you got the car at invoice and rolled the $595 bank fee in your payment would be $471 per month plus tax. You need to either plan for a bigger payment, put money into the lease to lower the payment, wait for better IFS lease rates, or look into leasing something with a lower payment.

Just be sure to always get the price first, as low as you can get it, then run the lease numbers and see where you stand. If it is too much, then it is too much. If the numbers look good, then you have yourself a deal.

Dennis