Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• bigpuppybigpuppy Posts: 3
    Hi,

I recently leased an '06 Coupe 6MT under the Vehicle Purchase Program and ended up splitting dealer fees 50/50, so I'd say the answer to your question is a definitive yes.

As for getting a better price I would say it depends on where you live. The VPP price on my vehicle equated to ~$200 over invoice. I've read that folks in SoCal have actually done a bit better without VPP, but it also happens to be the most competitive market so it'd be tough to duplicate anywhere else.

Also check the VPP Web site for any current incentives on the G35X that may be available to you.

Good luck!
  • Hi howiel,

That sounds like a really great deal. I live in near NY and I am looking into leasing an Infinti but was going to go some place further down south to lease. But I may just be able to purchase it in this neighborhood then. Do You mind telling me where you leased your car from? Much Appreciated!!!
  • Hi Guys,

Please give me your input on the following quote I received from a dealer. Any help would be quite appreciated. Carman You advice will def help my wallet & that goes for everyone. Thanks & Cheers
    2006 G35 Sedan
    Color: Diamond Graphite w/ Graphite Interior (black)
    Options: Premium Pkg. C, Splash Guards, Trunk Mat
    MSRP:$35,650
    Selling Price:$34,100
    Acquisition Fee: $550
    MF: 1.63
    Residual: $20,677

39 Month Lease - 12K - $481 month w/ $481 first payment down
    42 Month Lease - 12K - $474 month w/474 first payment down
  • shaaneshaane Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm trying to lease a 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT. The dealer has given me the following quote for the coupe(color: Black) with Premium Pkg., Trunk Mat and Rear active steer package.

MSRP: $38,130
    Selling Price: $35,800
    Residual Value (39 month): $21,000
    Initial payment: $1457 (incl. first month payment, dealer fees, registration fees, bank fees)

39 Month Lease - 15K - $568 (incl. tax)
    24 Month Lease - 15K - $595 (incl. tax)

My credit rating: 650

Can you guys let me know if this is a good deal? Also, the dealer is offering me "Tire and Road protection for 5 years" ($895) and "teflon coating and paint protection for 5 years" ($595). Do I need to take this or can I safely avoid them? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,671
    can't help you with your payment, but I can tell you not to take the extra "mop n' glow" garbage (tire protection and paint protection). First off, they are useless and not worth nearly the money anyway, but, second of all, why would you even consider 5 years of any protection on a 3-year lease??

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• Is the initial pymt (axq fees) negotiable?

I got the following quote:

2006 G35 6MT Twilight blue, with premium package and navigation

MSRP 36850
    Sell for 34000
    58% Residual
    .00163 Rate

39month + 12K/yr $455 month (tax incl)

Acq Fees:
    $455 1st month
    $330 Motorvehicles Fee
    $550 Bank Fees
    $189 Doc Fees

• shaaneshaane Posts: 2
    Thanks qbrozen. So, you feel given my credit rating whatever lease payment quote I got from dealer is fair. Based on your advice, I have decided not to take the "teflon coating" option provided by the dealer. However, I might take the "Road and Tire protection" as Boston roads SUCK. If I take it, I'll make sure that I pay only for 3yrs.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,671
    well, if i plug the info you provided into edmunds lease calculator, I get a payment of about $576 (although i don't know your tax rate or money factor, so i used the defaults provided by edmunds). Sounds like your dealer is offering you a payment right around there.

Personally, if I were you, I'd take the 24-month lease. For only $27 more, seems like that's a better deal.

what is involved in the "road and tire protection"?
    I bought my tires from DiscountTireDirect and they only charged me $10 per tire for road hazzard protection.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• jccai1jccai1 Posts: 106
    Just wanted to share the deal I ended up signing. I live in Texas.

06 G35 Sedan with auto, Premium C, Trunk Mat & Splash Grds;
    24-month lease with 12,000 miles/yr;
    Selling price: Invoice + $500 (Invoice appears $60 lower than Edmunds' number). Price includes window tinting;
    Cap cost reduction: zero;
    Residual: 70%;
    MF: .00133;
    Sales Tax: Infiniti pays sales tax (In TX, it's 6.25% on the entire selling price minus trade-in). I pay 1.25% L&M fee on selling price minus trade-in (I get cash for the trade);
    Acq Fee: $550; rolled into lease;
    No disposition fee or security deposit;
    Total monthly payment: $455;
    Total Drive-off cost: First month + $181 (registration/inspection/doc fees).
  • fycffycf Posts: 3
    I would like the March mf and RV numbers on a 2 year lease, with 12,000 m/yr, for the 06 g35 coupe.

Also, does Gap insurance comes automatically as part of a lease with Infiniti Financial Services? I don't want to pay extra for it.

Thanks.
  • dkl14dkl14 Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I received a quote today for a 2006 G35 Coupe (Premium, Sport Package, Aero) with an MSRP of $39,000 and a selling price of $35,822 ($200 over invoice). The dealer quoted $482.69/month (no down) with a lease money factor of 0.00229 and a residual of 60% for a 36-month lease with 10K miles/year. Is this in line with your IFS numbers? Thanks.

Danny
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go, deutch194. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00133 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00159 and 59%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be .00172 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi naijaprncess. To start things off, the lease money factor that you were quoted, .00163, is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate money factor for this car. This is a good thing because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to add any hidden back-end profit to your deal. The selling price that you were quoted for this car appears to be around $1,000 or so over dealer invoice. This is an OK price, but I would not be surprised if you were able to do a little better if you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carlos. Infiniti Financial Services charges a $550 acquisition fee, aka bank fee, on every vehicle that it leases. All consumers have to pay this charge and individual dealers do not have the authority to waive it. You can roll it into your car's capitalized cost rather than pay it at lease signing though if you want. All banks that lease vehicles also require consumers to pay their first month's payment at lease signing as well. This isn't a big deal since you would have had to pay it anyhow. If you don't want to roll them into your car's cap cost, you will have to pay any required state fees, like the motor vehicle fee that you mentioned, at signing as well. This brings us to the doc fee. Doc fees are not much more than a way for dealers to add profit to deals. Of course, running a dealership is very expensive and they are performing a service for you by saving you the trip to the DMV to register your vehicle. Most dealers charge doc fees and a $189 charge is not that outrageous. Just think about it as part of your vehicle's total price. If the price that you are getting this car for, including the fee is less than or in line with what you would have to pay to get one from another dealer in your area, it doesn't really matter how the price breaks down.

Car_man
    Host
    Congtats on your new car, jccai1. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, fycf. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00220 and 70%, respectively. I suspect that IFS does include gap insurance with its leases at no additional charge, but you will have to ask your dealer to find out for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • huskie13huskie13 Posts: 9
    I am looking to buy a G35x, with the premium package C, Navigation, and painted splash gaurds.
    MSRP $39,320
    Could you let me know at $600.00 over invoice,$36,571 what my payment should be on a 24 and 36 month lease, and what the MF, and RV would be at 12,000 miles
    I would like to include taxes which are 8.5% or $3100.00
    Thanks
    Brad
  • josh3888josh3888 Posts: 1
    Good afternoon, Car_man!

My local dealership just gave the following numbers:
    G35 coupe
    Premium package, Sports Tune Suspension, Nav, trunk mat, splash guard
    MSRP $40,530
    24 mon with one pay lease, $1000.00 down, 15K miles/yr
    $18,257.06
    It comes out $802.38/yr.
    I do not think this is real. What do you think? Thanks for your help!

Josh
  • infiniteinfinite Posts: 1
    Of all the Infinite posts being posted about Infiniti's; here's another one which should push things beyond Infinity.

For a long time I've debated between a TL,G35 and A4. I've finally settled down to take a G35x AWD with Premium Package C. Here are the best numbers I've got so far from a dealer:

It's a 15K miles an year, 39 month lease. The quote I got puts it at $34555, which seems to be 300$ more than the invoice price. 435$ is the monthly payment, with 1535 due at signing, which includes the first monthly payment, 550 bank fee, registration, doc fee etc. 0$ cash down.

Now this 435$ includes the NJ state tax.

Now can any wisemen go through this and tell me if it's wise enough for me to go ahead with this deal?

With Infinite Regards
    Infinite
  • bigred8bigred8 Posts: 8
    can anyone tell me what would be a really good price to pay for a '06 G35x? Also, if I were to lease one, what would be a good money factor and residual price? Is there any other information I need when leasing. I have never leased and don't feel very comfortable doing them.
  • I've decided to lease an Infiniti G35 coupe for my next car. Can anyone who has recently leased a G35 Coupe in New York or is knowledgeable about the prices in New York tell me a range of what I can expect in terms of monthly payment for a 24 month lease or a 36 month lease, 10,000 or 12,000 miles a year, with no money down and taxes rolled into the payment. Also what package would be best in terms of handling in the snow?
  • Can anyone give me their opinion of the following lease offer I have on the table?

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, auto, Premium Package, trunk mat, splash guards MSRP $36,390, selling price $34,000.00. Monthly payment is $491.36 for 36 month lease with taxes rolled in, no money down.
  • Correction to the last message, MSRP was $36,930.00
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,988
    Hello CarMan. Do you have the mf and residuals for an '06 G35X? What's the best "program" Infiniti has out right now?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• Hi blevine17. I have been in the same dilemma b/c I live in the NY/NJ area (right across the hudson) & I really don't know where to go. I contacted some dealers in VA & NC & they quoted me a lower price & no $$ down. Simply, where in NY did you go for the price quote. I am in the market for the G35x sedan. Thanks in advance
  • elansp,

where in NJ did u get ur car. Thanks in advance.

cheers
  • soroka24soroka24 Posts: 9
    Car Man,

2006 G35 Coupe Automatic
    Premium Package w/ Intelligent Key
    Performance and Wheel Package 18 inch
    Tint
    Wheel Locks
    Low Jack
    MSRP 37,640

They came back with 36 months, $486 per month with $1500 down (not exactly sure what that 1500 includes and not sure how many miles a year this offer is for, I will find out soon).

Also, I have one payment left on a 2003 Nissan Altima which they said would go away.

Can you offer any advice on if you think this is a fair offer and how much lower I can get them down?

Thanks in advance.

Also, I am interested to hear any offers other consumers have received on the G35 with similar options.
  • I went to the Infiniti dealership in Massapequa on Long Island. Actually, I went back there today and finalized my deal. 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe [diamond graphite], Premium package, splash guards, trunk mat. Same MSRP but he dropped the cap cost to $33,641.00 for a 36 month lease, same money factor listed above. Monthly payment of $485.00 per month with taxes rolled in. Bank fee and first month payment due at pick up.

I was considering getting the spoiler, the dealer came back to me by offering to do it by rolling an extra $15 per month into my payment for it, I thought that was a little steep. Any thoughts?
  • Soroka,

I got the same deal, without the tint or performance and wheel package for $1 per month cheaper (with taxes rolled in) with an MSRP of $36,930.00 and without putting anything down.
  • njudunnonjudunno Posts: 2
    Hey guys just wanted to share the deal I got in northern NJ. I went into the dealership just to look, but the saleman was excellent and I got a great deal so pickup a 2006 g35x. Went with a 24month lease. Here are the details

2006 G35x with Premium C, Navigation, Painted splash guards, and trunkmat.

MSRP: 39,400
    Invoice(According to Edmunds): 36,035
    Selling price: 35,850
    Money Factor: 0.00126
    Residual: 69% with 12k miles a year
    $1500 total out of pocket including 1st payment
    $450/month tax included

I thought it was a great deal. The haggling process took no more that 10 minutes, I actually thought I was gettin ripped off somehow because everything was way too easy. The salesman actually showed me all these numbers including invoice, residual, and money factor. He told me I looked like an informed buyer and he didnt want to BS me