Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• I'm very happy with my deal, they did charge a $150 doc fee. One might also consider convenience factor at the local dealer. I'm sure the same deal is out there with no doc fee but I have already spent enough time on this, 4 of the 5 next closest dealers are 2.5-3 hrs away, gas/time isnt cheap.I dont think these rates are going to stick around for long either, this car is $38/mo less than with the January MF. Gut instinct said do it now, we'll see next month (haha).

alang4, sorry, I'm in Indianapolis.

Finding myself making excuses all day today to go drive the car, too much fun..... :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,166
    You should be happy with that deal.. Great job!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    I agree, your time and trouble are worth a lot and you just have to be willing to say "this is a good deal" and sign at some point :D . If you try to get every nickel out of every deal and try to match what someone posts from some other area of the country, you will just drive yourself nuts and never get to drive a new G.

There seems to always be someone who got a better deal, no matter how good you work it for yourself. The key is just not doing a BAD deal and leaving a lot of money on the table. It bugged me that IFS dropped the rate on the car I just leased last month. *IF* I could have talked the dealer into hanging onto it for me and *IF* I knew for sure the rates would be better in Feb then I could have saved a little coin each month. With my luck, someone else would have taken the car (happened to me last year) or the rates would have gone up. So it bugged me for a bit, but I am over it now and still love the car.

Enjoy your new G!

Dennis
    24 month VS 36 month:

I took the G35x numbers I had in my spreadsheet for a 36/45k lease for an x with MSRP of $38,425 and a selling price of $35,664 (59%, 0.00149) and compared them against the 24/30k lease (69%, 0.00123) and the payments work out to $448.84 for 36 and $457.76. So on this example and I would assume for all x models the 24 month deal is really close to the 36 month deal.

I have done a 24 month lease and it really seemed to short to me, but if you like getting a new car REAL often and can stay under miles that is not a bad option. IFS did some cheap 24 month coupe leases before the G37 came out, the idea was to help move out the old style coupes and have the lessees come back in just 24 months to have to get a new deal - when they would not find as good a deal. Who knows what the future holds? You could find a better deal in 24 months or worse deals, you just don't know. It just seems like by the time I get the car broken in properly, get my V1, cell phone, and stuff hard wired in, it was no time before the lease was done :D .

I posted all the numbers, so run them for yourself on the model and trim line you want and see how the 24 month deal stacks up for you.

Dennis
  • emmissemmiss Posts: 16
    Wow. I jsut called Infiniti of Manhattan and the deal sounds legit. I have them faxing over the offer now with the details.

So far, this is what I know.

G35 Sedan Journey with Premium, Nav and 18 tire package.
    $0 down
    $337/mo ==> 24 month lease
    $357/mo ==> 39 month lease

This is NOT with IFS. It is through Hann Financial. Does anyone know if this is a reputable financial firm? I am mostly concerned with end of term requirements all that goes along with that.

http://www.hannfinancial.com/

Thanks in advance.
    If I plug in the MSRP $34,965.00, invoice $32,212.00 and the MF and residual for the base G37 I get $380.25 per month for 24 months for the coupe if leased at invoice and you paid the $595 bank fee and all other fees and taxes at signing.

In order to get the $309 payment shown, you would have to price the coupe at $1,630 under invoice and pay the fees, taxes, etc at signing. Edmunds shows no special incentives for NYC compared to the rest of the country, so I don't see how they can lease that car at that price.

Dennis
    Never heard of them, but that does not mean much. For them to be able to beat IFS by that much is hard to believe. Let us know the MF and residual they put on the car. The current IFS numbers are below most 3rd party banks MFs and way above them on the residual - so Hann must be seriously blowing up the residual or really cutting the MF.

Things to look out for with 3rd party lease deals:

1) Higher than normal bank/acquisition fees. They could be $795 or $895 rather than the $595 most captive lease banks use these days.

2) Lease turn in fees - they may charge $300-500 or more to you to turn in the car, this is normally free with captives.

3) "Purchase option fee" if you decide to buy the car at lease end they charge you an extra few hundred to buy it. Some captives now charge this as well, but watch the amount here.

4) No GAP coverage included. Most 3rd party banks may not include GAP coverage as the captives do, They may want to charge extra for it or you have have to see if your insurance can provide this for you. No GAP means in the event of a total loss YOU owe for the difference between what the lease bank SAYS the car is worth and what your INSURANCE thinks it is worth. This means you could be without the car and owe a bunch of money to the lease bank.

5) Stricter rules on wear and tear and no "forgiveness" for minor dings and tears that you get with a captive lease bank.

6) Make sure it is closed end lease - if at the end the car is not worth the residual on a closed in lease "too bad" for the lease bank. On an open end lease "too bad" for you.

7) Read the lease contract carefully, I could have missed something.

I have done 3rd party leases before and did not have any problems, but they can be not as "friendly" as a captive deal.

Dennis
  • ej1111ej1111 Posts: 43
    Please post back with some additional details!! :)
    Still waiting on the fax. It was close to the end of their Sunday business day so it will probably come tomorrow. Will post the info as soon as it comes in.
  • blov8rblov8r Posts: 567
    G35 Sedan Journey with Premium, Nav and 18 tire package.
    $0 down
    $337/mo ==> 24 month lease
    $357/mo ==> 39 month lease

With $0 down that $337 for 24 months is a killer of a deal. Add sales tax you're still in the $360 ballpark. I believe it was Dennis who commented that the lower 24 month rates were for the G35 ... to get you back sooner for the next car. As someone on this thread formerly commented, I like a new car every couple of years and if it costs me a FEW bucks more/month it's worth it.

Bart :shades:
    Hann Financial does a lot of leases in NY, especially back when there were problems with the liability laws, and the captive financial companies weren't writing them...

That stated, that payment looks awfully low, and I'd be interested to see exactly what $0 down will entail, as far as money due at signing..

Also, be aware that independent banks are generally much stickier about end-of-lease condition and charges..

It would be hard to pass up a $100/mo. savings though, if it turns out to be a legitimate quote.

regards,
    kyfdx

I wonder if they lease in NC... :)
    Or in Arizona. Can't hurt to ask!

I am curious to see their MF and residual to come up with this payment. The IFS residuals seem inflated to me and the MFs (for Feb) are less than most 3rd party banks offer - so I don't see how they can offer the deal.

It could also be a big come on, like this is only for Hann's "Super preferred tier" which may start at 830 or something. For folks with "less worthy" credit than an 830 the rate and payment work out to a quite a bit higher.

If I lived in the area and wanted a G, I would still check it out though :D .

Dennis
    NOTE: Only Hann Financial authorized appraisers can render a condition report of your vehicle. Do not leave your leased vehicle at a dealer unless directed to do so by Hann Financial.

Charges
    Disposition Fee - This charge applies to vehicles that are returned and can be found in your lease agreement. The charge is designed to offset expenses associated with the sale of the vehicle.

I picked this up on their website. They've left themselves plenty of wiggle room, especially on the "Disposition Fee". For a few extra bucks I'd feel safer with IFS because they're just "walk away" at lease end unless the car's beaten up. Stay within the mileage limit (no problem for me) and bring it back in good shape and there's no unpredictable liability.

BTW, someone posted that IFS tried to add an $875 insurance tab to their deal and they declined it. I actually opted FOR it because window tinting (a necessity in AZ) and new tires at lease end are included ... and at $400+ per tire on the G35 Sport I come out ahead. By a lot! Bart :shades:
  • alang4alang4 Posts: 40
    I just had my 2005 G35x inspected, leased through Hann. I never had a problem with them, although I had heard they were really bad about damages on a lease return, so I was really dreading the inspection today. I thought I was going to have a couple of thousand in repair costs. I have a couple of small dents on my doors, and someone keyed one of my doors, plus there's some bumper damage, the result of parking in a dense urban environment.

So the inspector looked at the car, said that the dents and key-ing were considered normal wear and tear for Brooklyn, and said that her major concern was the bumper. A total of about $162.00 plus the disposition fee ($450, I think), and I'm done.

Other people may have had a problem with Hann, but I can say my experience was not bad at all, although I'm not thrilled I signed an agreement with a disposition fee.

2008 G35X, here I come!
    Most of that is standard stuff - you have to let the bank's chosen inspectors look at the car when/before you turn it in. Captive lease banks are usually more forgiving on damages and some even have pre-set "forgiveness" in the lease (AHFC is $1,500 total).

The disposition fee is pretty standard in 3rd party leases since this covers paying a dealer/auction lot to take the car and covers transport from where you turn it in to where they auction it off.

Note in your actual lease contract the amount will be spelled out, so it will not be a mystery and can be figured into the lessee's decision to go with Hann or not.

Dennis
    Has anyone received concrete info on this? Ive been emailing and all seems legit but i havent received any firm numbers or contract paperwork. Im still not sure i can do it in my state, but they sure are convincing that the pricing is legit!
    Am in the same boat as you thus far. I am still waiting on paperwork after having spoken with them again today. It all sounds very promising but just a bunch of rhetoric over the phone.
  • alang4alang4 Posts: 40
    Hi All,

I just received some numbers from a NYC-based dealer, and I am wondering if this is a good deal.....wondering if the group members (especially Dennis, who has been so incredibly informative) can assist.

G35x w/Premium and wood
    MSRP $37,775
    Invoice $34,604
    Sell Price $35,350
    12K miles
    MF 1.73
    Residual 59%

$494 / month

This would be the 3rd Infiniti I lease from this dealer, but I don't think I'm getting any kind of special break here.

Thanks in advance - your opinons are appreciated!

Alan
    At the very least, Alan, IFS should give you the best possible lease rate. If your credit is great they've got almost nowhere to go.

I talked to them, its an open ended lease which kills it for me. Otherwise its legit.
    open ended lease

I didn't think anyone did those, any more... :surprise:

Scary!

open ended lease

I didn't think anyone did those, any more... :surprise:

Scary!

I called that one, it was item #6 of things to check on the lease that sounds too good to be true .

This is just another balloon payment scheme and everyone should stay far, far away from it.

Dennis
    We all knew you had to be something...i wonder what residual they are expecting. Im going to continue to pursue since ive come this far to see what the final numbers turn out to be...
    Infiniti will loan you the money to by a new G37 or G35 at 2.9% for 60 months, there is no way you will come out even CLOSE to that on this deal.

In order to drive the payment down to get you to call/come in they must have inflated the residual to some insane level - and with the open end lease you have to buy it at that price at lease end - using whatever you can find for a used car loan.

Even if they used a low MF for the lease, having to buy out the bulk of the car at used car rates will cost you. But I would bet the MF is pretty normal or even high, the low price is set by the residual in this case. Since this "lease" is just you buying the car in the end, get the 2.9% from IFS and save yourself a lot of money.

Even doing an IFS lease then buy is going to be cheaper than going with this deal, I feel real sure.

Dennis
    I dont disagree at all, however the way it works is i turn in the car at the end but would be responsible for the difference between market value and residual. So at this point, im curious as to what they are calling the residual.
  • Hello All,

I have a dealership willing to make the following offer on a 2008 G35x:
    Premium and Navigation Packages, 39mo/12K, $3000 out the door, $459/mo?

What do you all think?
    Rule #1 is getting a good lease deal is to negotiate the price of the car.

How much are you paying for the car, including destination and any dealer "doc" or "prep" fees?

Dennis