Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M37 M56 Lease Questions

Comments

• Yes that's where I stuck the loyalty discount, adjust it however you'd like (I've never had anyone try to stick me with extra administrative fees fortunately). My lease isn't up until July so I haven't really started digging into new numbers yet, I just populated it with some example numbers and an assumption that you could get invoice+$1000 even today. Wait until summer and the numbers should be even better. My current '08 M45 was invoice - $2000 loyalty on a 24mo bought down to 0.24% APR with MSDs, gonna be hard to top that one. :)
  • My current '08 M45 was invoice - $2000 loyalty on a 24mo bought down to 0.24% APR with MSDs, gonna be hard to top that one.

Wow, you are one strong player. Invoice. Whoohoo. Man you go for the jugular. You leave dealer holdback and dealer retro incentives on the table. You go, ghstudio. Wow. you are too strong for me. Invoice and loyalty money. Whoop de doo. And then you think you are super strong negotiator with the MSD stuff. Whoa big daddy. Please.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 968
    ltcadvisor...you should always negotiate your own deals, and you don't have to use anything you find here.

Many post giving examples of what they were able to negotiate ...and I've tried to educate on the financial advantage of using MSD'S, if you can afford to do so.

Just for the record, MSD's aren't negotiated at all....they are just part of the Infiniti leasing program, you can elect to use that feature or not, and they have absolutely nothing to do with the deal you negotiate with your dealer other than changing the Money Factor that he plugs into the computer.

It would be great if you could help us all negotiate a better deal.....but I don't see any constructive suggestions in your post....
  • jets613jets613 Posts: 8
    Car_man: Were the rates you posted on April 2nd good for the whole month? Is it still .00003 and 49% for a 36 month lease?
  • Itcadviser - what was the point of your post? Were you trying to offer something constructive and helpful and just didn't write it very well, or were you truly trying to be sarcastic and mean?

Perhaps you meant to write, "Remember, humble226 and ghstudio - you can sometimes negotiate below invoice due to dealer holdback and retroactive incentives from the manufacturer" as an educated, well-mannered adult would have responded.

If your post #1586 from 2008 is indicative of your negotiating skills, I'm not that impressed if we're trying to be competitive here.

But we're not competing here - we're all here trying to help each other out, not belittle those who provide valuable information and helpful tools like ghstudio's spreadsheet.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, e325rkh. That's a heck of a discount. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jets613. Yes, I believe that the lease program that I mentioned at the beginning of April is scheduled to run through May 3rd. While no one knows for certain what will happen next month, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if its current program was extended.

Car_man
    Host
  • jets613jets613 Posts: 8
    Car Man: Thanks! The dealership I went to says that if I lease the car, they get $2500 less in incentives from Infiniti so if I buy the car, they can give me 11k off of MSRP but for a lease only 8.5k off of MSRP. Does that make sense?
  • poorprofpoorprof Posts: 109
    USAA non-military member price for the M56 is 800 over invoice, for the M37, its 900 over invoice and for the M35, its 8500 under invoice.

By the way, the tech package on mercedes falls short of the infiniti. The lane assist on MBs is terrible. Voice command just plain disfunctional with too many redundancies. For example, to call Joe in an M class, you simply program joe and say Call Joe. You are done. In the Mercedes, you have to say Call name, "what name please", Joe, "is this the correct name", YES!!, ok, call joe. MBZ offers MSD, but not nearly as sweet a deal as infiniti. MBZ has a long way to go to catch the M in tech.
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Posts: 38
    edited April 2010
    I apologize for being sarcastic. Bottom line is quit thinking that invoice is the holy grail of a deal. That is what a dealer wants you to think so it can work "up from invoice." Car buyers need to understand that dealers are all compensated holdback (2%-3%) as well as dealer retroactive incentives based upon units sold in a given time period, usually monthly; but there may also be quarterly and annual objectives.

Typically, a good rule of thumb would be to use a capitalized cost of $2200 back of invoice NOT INCLUDING any available customer loyalty money, available incentives or dealer rebates ALSO applicable for the deal.

My best advice for gaining control of a lease negotiation is to first contact Infiniti and ask for a lease extension, maybe 90 days. Then, as your lease is nearing its initial end, contact at least 2 local dealers, and maybe even an out-of-town dealer that is within driving distance. Ask for the Sales Manager. Let him know that your lease is expiring, and you wish to re-lease an Infiniti, but only if the capitalized cost is agreeable. I would make contact with the Sales Manager on the 20th of the month. Typically, the Manager will make you an offer. let him know you are shopping around and will think abaout it. I would then follow up with each Sales Manager on the 27th of the month. Let him know that you are still interested but his initial deal is running in 3rd place out of 3 dealers. Ask him if he would like to get in the race. Typically, the best deal will be offered on the last day of the month if the dealer is "in the money" or is close to hitting it's number. If you have 3 dealers bidding for your services, you should get one dealer to get real down and dirty. If each dealer tells you that you are crazy, send Infiniti a monthly payment to extend your lease for 30 days and touch base with the dealers again the following month to see if they wish to play ball again. By extending your lease at least 90 days, you won't feel the pressure to have to get the deal done the month your lease is expiring. It will give you enough time to make a dealer come to your terms.

Once you feel you have a competitive bid, you will know it's a winning deal when your other 2 dealers all decline to beat the deal.

The best advice I can give everyone is to
    1) Make contact with the New Car Sales Manager, and deal with him directly. Do not waste time with a sales person. and
    2) Negotiate your deal from your office. Do not negotiate the deal while you are sitting in the car dealership. At the dealership, the dealer has the control, and your emotions get in the way.

Sorry for my earlier mean post.
  • blastphemyblastphemy Posts: 34
    Did the May money factor, residual value, and/or rent charge change?

I believe you said earlier that the April 15k mile M56 money factor was 0.00193 (4.62% interest rate), and 12k mile was 0.00240 (5.76% rate) correct? I hope that's decreased a bit!
  • bernsterbernster Posts: 27
    HI Car Man
    What are May Infiniti Financial Services' lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 M56 with 12,000 miles per year? Any incentives?
    No problem jets613. What you were told is correct. The retail dealer cash that Infiniti was providing on the 2010 M35 was not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi blast. Vehicles' money factors do not vary by mileage allowance, just by term (length of lease).

Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2011 M56 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00193 and 56%, respectively.

The money factor for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, bernster. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 M56 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00193 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top two credit tiers.

The only cash incentive that Infiniti is providing on leases of this car this month is $1,000 loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • blastphemyblastphemy Posts: 34
    I know Infiniti is trying to discourage 24-month leases, but I'm still considering it. (I hope that some of the complaints I have will be ironed out in two years, like the car not having the FX/QX around-view ... or even front-end distance sensors; having ventilated seats that only cool as high as my lower back; and having unusual throttle mapping in some instances). So what are money factor and residual value for a 2-year lease w/15k miles annually? Is Infiniti offering any lease incentives aside from the $1,000 loyalty cash? Thanks!
    Just had a dealer tell me that security deposits are $800 each. Is that correct? Seems high.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,155
    The security deposit is almost always the same as the payment, rounded up to the next $50 increment...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

edited May 2010
    Thanks kyfdx. That explains that mystery. BTW I think I can get $4000 plus $1000 loyalty off MSRP on a M56 with deluxe touring and tech. Payment with 9 deposits is about $790 month
    Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 M35X with 15,000 miles per year are .00240 and 62%, respectively.

To give you an idea of how that compares to a 36 month lease, the 36 mo. / 15k numbers for this car are .00196 and 58%.

The loyalty cash that you mentioned is the only cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • hellye1hellye1 Posts: 22
    Can someone please provide residual and money factor for
    M37 RWD, 12,000 a year 36 or 39 month lease.

Thanks for your help.
  • mrtrancemrtrance Posts: 93
    Any update on June lease numbers for 2011 M37 for 36 mo /10K miles?

What sort of discount are people getting off of MSRP for this vehicle?
    edited June 2010
    36mo lease
    mf .00155
    Residual: .60 (10K miles) .59 (12k miles) .58 (15k miles)

You can also apply up to a maximum of 9 multiple security deposits which drops the mf by .0009....so your mf could be as low as .00065

I was offered $3585 off MSRP + another $1000 for loyalty on a 2011 M37 with Premium

Note: the 36 month lease is the best deal right now; 39 months is more expensive due to a higher mf.
  • j21mj21m Posts: 22
    I think that the M37 is a disappointment and is not getting the demand Nissan expected! Frankly it looks too much like a Maxima...Notice on the Infiniti USA website the lease dropped for $639.00 to $579.00 this week, (with too much $$$ down)...There are better options out there...I think they need to be where they were on price 3yrs ago, around the $600. mo price w/ $1,200. down!
    with the current rates and with $1000 loyalty, a 36 mo, 12k mile lease and using multiple security deposits, you can lease an M37 with premium for about $500 a month.
    I'd be happy to help you out, hellye1. Infiniti Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 M37 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00162 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • alfstinky1alfstinky1 Posts: 34
    Hi Car man. Thank you for the June RWD numbers. My dealer is giving me 61% and .00165 for a 10K 36mo on an M37 AWD and 60% and .00172 on a 39mo. Are the rates different on the AWD than the RWD? Thank you.
  • indemandindemand Posts: 14
    Hi Car_man, could you please post the current rates for the M56 as well. Of particular interest to me are the rates on the M56X (Northeast if it makes a difference) 36/39 for 10 & 12K. Thanks in advance.
  • Do you know what the resi and money factor go to with a 15K lease or higher? (I'm working on a deal for an 18K mile lease currently.)
    You're welcome, alfstinky1. Yes, the numbers for the RWD and AWD versions of this car are indeed different. The information that the dealer provided you with the for AWD model is right on the money.

Car_man
    Host