Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• mf15mf15 Posts: 158
    Minn: I was way under my miless only had about 22000 on it and the dealer bought it. I do not believe that they will forgive excess mileage, if you would go the full lease term.
    But if you pulled ahead 3 months then you may be under the allowed miles, just dont go over what you are allowed or you will be charged. This is a guess. Old Mike
  • I am looking into leasing a Jeep Grand Cherokee, Limited 4WD. I need only 10,500 or 12,000 miles per year, with a 24,27 or 36 month lease term. I am interested in getting an idea of what the monthly payment will be as well as, how this varies with the lease term, considering that it is half way through the model year.

I also have a vehicle for trade-in, that I own outright, that I will get approximately $2,000 per KBB. Is it worth trading in to the dealer and applying it to MSRP of the new lease? Or would I do better selling individually and putting the cash to use to pay my monthly payments?

I am a first timer, so any advice or recomendations would be very helpful. Thanks all.
  • i looking to lease a GC laredo 4wd base with 12k miles for 24/27mos.. i am currently leasing a wrangler, so with the incentives, how much do you think i am looking at paying per month? thank you
  • avmbaavmba Posts: 23
    Car_Man, I would appreciate your advice.

I am considering leasing a JGC Limited 2WD with Hemi, Nav, wheels, etc. Details Below:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
    Customer Preferred Package 25H
    Navigation/Rear Back-Up Camera Group $ 1,890
    ParkView(TM) Rear Back-Up Camera
    DVD-based GPS Navigation System with 6-CD/MP3 Chngr
    ParkSense(TM)Rear Park Assist System
    5.7-Liter HEMI(R) Multi Displacement Engine $ 845
    Dana 44/226MM Rear Axle
    SIRIUS(R) Satellite Digital Radio
    UConnect(R) Hands-Free Communication $ 275
    P245/65R17 OWL All Terrain Tires $ 190
    17" x 7.5" Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels $ 820

DESTINATION CHARGE $ 695

TOTAL PRICE:* $ 39,445

I want to lease for 36 months. I can get employee pricing on this vehicle (don't have the exact figure for this one as I haveh't seen the invoice, but it should be about $30500.

Can you confirm what the money factor and residual would be for this vehicle (though 2/28) and the rough payment?

Thank you!
    I am also interested in the 27 month #s. Looks like purchase price would be $30384 and payments would be $403 plus the tax (it's 8.1% here in Phoenix). Rough drive off costs are being quoted as $1400.
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Posts: 51
    What dealer? I am in NY
    I am looking at a grand cherokke limited:
    MSRP: 38,435
    Buy: 31,935

I am looking to do a 27 month lease, 15K per year. I am in the NY area.

What should the payments be with the correct residual and money factor? THanks.
  • rp1rp1 Posts: 1
    I live in Southern California and I'm looking at leasing a 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x2 w/Sun and Sound package

MSRP is $29,385 The dealer said they'd give me the car for $23,200(after rebates and incentives)

36mon/12k per with 2,200 out of pocket covers all fees(1st payment etc.) for $358 a month. Just wondering if this is a good price. 358.00(tax included) a month seems a little high for that car.

I really need help asap!

Thanks in advance,

RP1
    That sounds high to me.

I just leased a JGC Overland with a negotiated price of $30400 (I had employee pricing, $3500 in rebates, $500 in dealer coupons, and some other negotiating).

For a 27 month lease with a money factor of 0.00097 and residual of 52% and about $1400 in cash (to cover first pymt, acquisition, and license) I was at $430 a month.

Have you used a lease calculator to make sure you know exactly how much you are paying?

I would use one (here is the one I like: LeaseGuide Calculator. Make sure you ask them what the money factor is and how it compares to the Chrysler one. You should be able to get something close to my MF (it may have changed a bit since February) and then run all the calculations yourself. If everything doesn't match up, go to another dealer. I bet the dealership you first used will call you with new #s.

I bet you can get that payment lower with a little investigation (or possibly shorten the lease term if it improves the residual).

Good luck!
    What was the MSRP of the overland you leased? thanks
    MSRP was $39,950 (incl dest).

FYI - overlands now have $4500 rebates (don't know about lease incentives) for March...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Here's the information that you're looking for, stogie613. Chrysler Financial's current 36 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 43%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 lease cash and $500 bonus cash ($4,000 total) that are currently available on it. These incentives will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings notsofast1. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Grand Cherokee that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a couple of sample lease payments on the vehicle that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when leasing a new one, however it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you trade it in to cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You will probably be able to get the most money for your current vehicle by selling it on your own rather than trading it in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello friggenhammer. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Grand Cherokee that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact model that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi avmba. It's great that you will be able to purchase, or in this instance lease, this truck through DaimlerChrysler's employee purchase program. It ensures that you will get it for a good price without having to haggle. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00194 and 45%, respectively. For March, this truck's cash incentives on leases were enhanced to $3,500 lease cash + $1,000 bonus cash ($4,500 total).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dpeck1. I haven't seen this truck's 27 month lease program, but I can work up a 24 month lease payment on it for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD that has an MSRP of $38,435 and a selling price of $31,935 through Chrysler Financial right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $526. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be around $488.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mpritchmpritch Posts: 5
    i leased a 2006 grand Cherokee limited, 5.7 fully loaded - chrome wheels, dvd, rear entertainment, navigation, bluetooth etc. It has every option. 488 per month / 12k year/no money down. the lease was for 27 months. You could also trade in after 20 months for a brand new one and assume the same payments if you choose. All scheduled maintenance is also included in the price. The dealer started in the high 5s..
  • I just leased a 2007 grand cherokee limited for 450 a month, nothing down. If I decide to pay my 27 month lease by making a one time payment, do I still have to pay the rent charge?
  • lsperalspera Posts: 1
    Emerine: How about some more details? That's an amazing deal. What's the term/mileage/selling price, etc?
  • granto3kgranto3k Posts: 1
    Does anybody know what kind of lease pull-ahead program Chrysler is offering right now? I have about 12 months left on my '05 Grand Cherokee lease and want to see if I can get out early and lease either another Grand Cherokee or a Charger.
This discussion has been closed.