Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• What is the adjusted cap capitalized cost amount which includes all fees and taxes? The .00038 MF equates to a less than 1% interest rate which is very good. Current Jeep incentives and rebates are scheduled to expire on 1/2/08. After that who knows. They could be reduced or disappear entirely. $507/mo. x 36 mo. = $18,252 total pay out.
  • They were dropping the price by about $8,070 and the residual was about $19.500
  • This would seem like a pretty good deal. I ran a payment estimate on a dealers webb site for a similarly priced Jeep with zero dollars down for 3 years. The resulting payment estimate was $555/mo. for 36 mo. Since you would not appear to be eligible for the lease loyalty incentive, $507/mo seems reasonable. See posts #369 and #376 to get a ballpark figure. If you push the Sales Manager a little, you might even get a better deal. End of the month and calender year, etc.
  • Buckeye,

You might be able to get a bit more off, if you're a patient and firm negotiator. We were ready to walk a couple of times, but got the deal we wanted by holding firm on what we wanted to pay. I don't think these SUVs with large engines (ie not great gas mileage) are not selling that great, so hold your resolve....you might be surprised!

Good luck!
    Chigirl
  • I was set to take delivery today at $495 a month and called and backed out. I guess I am not ready just yet. Thanks for the replies. :)
  • joejeepjoejeep Posts: 12
    08 Jeep GC V6, 26X, Nav
    MSRP 36,910
    Inv: 33,729
    GCC: 32,972
    CCR: 5,000 (3K, 1K, 1K)
    ACC: 27,972
    Res Val: 16,978
    3yr. / 36K
    $325/mo (not incl tax)
    $100 toop

Any thoughts... ?

Thank You.
  • That's too bad. You missed out on a great vehicle at a great price.
  • Hard to judge. Here in NYS auto leases include NYS sales tax (8.75%) in my county. You can pay it separately, but most people do not. (No sales tax receipt no registration). Overall seems like a fair deal.
  • Hi,

Can someone give me the current money factor and residual for a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo 2x4, 10k miles, 36 months?

Also, a question about that money factor. Is that the absolute lowest possible at a given time, or something else? One of my credit scores is 705 (I just found out there's a mistake on this one), and the other two are in the high 760's. I know what kind of loan rates I can get approved for, but the leasing money factor is still kind of confusing to me. Should I assume the lowest money factor when negotiating?

I see the $3500 lease cash & $500 bonus cash on the Jeep site, are there any other offers to be aware of in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks.
  • I think the MF varies depending on your zip code and credit rating. Mine was .00062 or 1.488%. (divide MF by 2400) The residual was 47% of MSRP on my 4x4. There may be lease loyalty cash if you qualify.
  • Hi all
    I am new to the site as I have been happy with my 02 GC sport for a long time. I am looking to sell it now and use the cash for other purposes. So now that I live in a city I dont drive nearly as much and think a lease would work for me.

I was scoping the model and extras below and if anyone out there can help me with targeting a good deal (cap cost/mf factor and lease payment) I would appreciate. The whole lease calculations I see here are great but no matter how many times I tried I cannot figure it out. I am in downtown st louis

08 GC limited
    Green color upgrade
    5.7 hemi
    quarda drive 2 package
    trailer tow class 4

thanks alot for your help!!
  • There are too many variables in the lease calculations to give you a resonably close estimate, such as local incentives, dealer cash,dealer discounts, down payment amount, credit rating, lease term,local and state sales taxes, etc. Try to find a similar vehicle in local dealer inventory and then use the payment calculator (lease option) to estimate a monthly payment for the lease term in months that you prefer. This will give you a high end estimate for your location. Any reduction below the estimate amount largely depends on your negotiating skills. Hope this helps.
  • Turbanski is right. Payment amounts are very specific to the car you want (trim level), your interest rate, and how much your get off the MSRP. If your credit rating is poor, you may not qualify for the best "money factor" (interest rate), which will raise your payment. Also, you have to to have the chops to negotiate yourself a great deal.

I think the Jeep (Chrysler-Dodge) dealerships in general are negotiating fairly well on the models with larger, gas-consuming engines. We were surprised at how much we were able to get off the MSRP of our JGC Overland, but of course, we had no trade to deal with (we sold it separately to CarMax, making it easier to negotiate our deal).

The way the lease works is this: Find out what interest rate you think you qualify for (within what the manufacturer is offering) and the residual value of the vehicle you are looking at. Factors that impact this value are specifically the car trim level (ie Laredo vs Limited vs Overland vs SRT) as well as 2WD vs 4WD and the number of miles you will drive it over the lease (15K per year, 12K per year. etc).

If you ask car_man for specific figures on the vehicle you are considering, he should be able to give them to you. He will know the current lease money factor (interest rate) and residual value percentage for the vehicle you want--they come from the manufacturer. You have to tell him how many miles you expect to drive, how many months your lease will be for and which trim level of your car you expect to buy. Figure the residual from the MSRP (sticker), but your capitalized cost should be what you negotiate the price down to (usually plus tax, title, license),,,,then you should be able to calculate your payment. As stated by others, you can put money down to reduce your payment. But remember that if, by chance, you car gets totatled or stolen, that money is gone forever. So most forum experts recommend putting as close to zero down as possible when leasing.

Some cars have better lease support (ie lower interest rates and rebates) than others. I got my Jeep GC last month, and they were offering a decent money factor/interest rate and lots of incentives ($4500 plus what we negotiated off of MSRP). It all works toward a much lower lease payment. In fact, we were able to get the JGC at a lower lease payment than the Liberty, whose sticker was $10,000 lower but had no incentives, either rebate-wise or lease/money-factor.

By the way, my credit score was only around 700, and I was still able to qualify for Chrysler's lowest money factor/interest rate available for my vehicle. Don't know if it's because we were existing Chrysler Financial customers or not....

I hope this info is helpful. Good Luck, and let us know how it works out!
  • Does anyone have the current money factors and residuals for the Grand Cherokee Overland & Limited for a 36 month, 10.5K/year lease?
    Also, is the MyGig discount still available?

Thanks!
  • thanks alot for your help. I will get the information you mentioned above and post it for carman. Thanks again
  • jeep if you are looking to lease a JEEP GC please test drive it 60-80 MPH if it vibrates DO NOT LEASE OR BUYT IT they have a major problem with vibration at this speed
  • Major vibrations with GC 2007 DO NOT BUY OR LEASE
  • DOVER DODGE. rockaway NJ
    I can't get the problem of vibration on my new 2007 GC limited
    The service manager said he placed a call to Chrysler factory District manager about the major Vibration and the shifting into over drive @ 60+ MPH
    If you live in NEW JERSEY and are looking to BUY a new jeep...............
    make sure you drive it on rt#80 60-80 mph, If its vibrates at the speed........
    DON'T BUY OR LEASE IT. I HAVE BEE WAITING 3 WEEKS for the Chrysler district manager to set an appointment to see why my NEW JEEP GC 5.7 Hemi
    VIBRATES 60-85 MPH
  • Are you referring to all JGC'S or just the 5.7 Hemi V8? I just leased an 08 with the 4.7 V8 and it seems OK so far. (Under 500 miles).
  • i was hoping I could get some numbers ran for me

I am looking at an 08 JGC 5.7L with an MSRP of 42,070.
    i am looking for a 24mth lease with 12k a year and $0 down.
    the dealer quoted me the below information, can you tell me if this is a good deal and what areas can i look to achieve an even better rate. This was the dealer's first quote so I obviously think there should be alot of room....but please tell me where to go with it.

Payments $597.83 per month
    this has a 0.00050 money factor and a residual value of 53%
    it does not include license or sales usage tax.
This discussion has been closed.