Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• rad484rad484 Posts: 19
    Yeah it was for the 4x4. Did you try requesting pricing on TrueCar and taking that in to the dealer. I believe they have to honor it as it's a "No Haggle" price. That should help. Also, if you're a current lessee, there's an additional 1k rebate available through Ally.
  • I will try that. I assume that was for a 2012 or was it a 2011? Sorry for all the questions.

Just tired of dealers telling me the best they can do is $600 a month for an Overland or Limited with a few packages.

Hopefully car man can get some updates MFs and residuals for a 3 year, 36000 mile lease on the Limited and Overland. Again, dealers are all over the place with those numbers.
  • Closed this deal last week in the southeast (NC)...

2012 Laredo X 4x4
    Laredo E group (mandatory with X package)
    Tow package
    Off-road adventure I
    Sunroof (single-pane)
    Media center 430N

MSRP 39,760 (inc destination)
    Agreed sale price 36,600
    Subtract additional 2500 in rebates (1500 SE lease incentive +1000 conquest incentive)

Adjusted cap is 34,864 after bank fees

money factor .00017. (0.4%)
    Residual 54% (21,470)
    $981 down to cover 1st month + various fees

$393/month for 36 months with 12k (.20 per mile excess)
  • 2012 GC Laredo X 4x4
    5.7L Hemi
    Power Liftgate
    Moonroof
    Aluminum Polished Wheels
    Trailer Tow Package
    Nav
    Chrome Package
    Backup Camera
    Bluetooth

MSRP $43,135
    Selling Price = $41,536 - 2 k in rebates, making the final price $39,536

Lease for 36 months @ 12k per year w/1000 out of pocket = $469 / month

Residual 54% MF 1.4
  • Couple of questions on your guys' leases.

US Bank or Ally Bank?

I am looking at a Limited or Overland, would the residual be the same at 54% for 12000 miles per, 3 years?

I am getting dealers dropping $600 payments on an Overland with a MSRP around $43,000.
  • I'm not sure which bank....however I'm not sure that the same residual applies to the limited and overland, as the dealership I'm working with told me that the residuals are lower on those models. This is why I'm considering a well optioned Laredo X that has almost as much in it as a Limited.
  • Mine was through Ally. Finance guy told me all leases had to go through Ally now, don't know if that is true or not.

I'm not sure about the residuals on the other models. As far as getting a lower monthly payment your best bet is going to be negotiating the best selling price you can. In my experience with leasing (have done two prior with Honda) that is really the only variable in your contol. You can't do anything about residuals or money factors, they are set for whatever monthly deal is being offered. You can't negotiate bank or dealer fees, docs, etc., the dealers just don't budge on those. you can get them to throw in some freebies though. I got the slush mats and rear cargo mat thrown in along with four oil changes. Good luck!
  • tywebb1973tywebb1973 Posts: 41
    edited November 2011
    Totally understand that the place I have the best moving power is on price, but in a few previous leases, including one my wife did herself, the dealers played with the residual beyond what the finance company was offering to get a larger payment. I caught it before she signed the paperwork.

I just want to make sure that I am not getting the wool pulled over my eyes. I think I have the best prices on the two models I am looking at but just want to make sure the residuals are accurate.

Unfortunately, my wife likes the Overland and that residual is apparently 49 or 50% where the Laredo X is 54%. That's a 50-70 dollar payment difference a month.
  • The other thing that makes me laugh is how the Jeep dealers around me have handled this.

I prefer to handle things over email to get details before going into the dealer. Going in blind usually results in a dealer throwing numbers at you and me eventually walking out. I like to calculate the lease, etc so I am armed with some knowledge.

We've looked at a lot of SUVs - including some Japanese models like the FX35, MDX and RX350. When I emailed two or three of the local Infiniti, Acura and Lexus dealerships to get information about residuals, money factors, etc. they respond within a day and usually get the information I would like.

When I emailed a bunch of Jeep dealers, I get the run around. Never get the information I want but rather the obligatory "why don't you come in and we'll talk numbers" responses.

It's pretty funny.
  • Been shopping '12's in AZ. For what it's worth, present price (with conquest cash of $1,000 for presently leasing a "competitor's vehicle") is $33,878 for a white/black limited and a $35,116 for a black/black limited with premium wheels. Both are V6 and 4X2. Haven't gotten specifics on residuals/mf, but am leaning towards closing the deal. We have equity in our existing RX350, so waiting to see who will give us the best trade-in value. If anyone's in a similar situation, CarMax's offer was a slight premium over auction prices which you can find in other forums I believe on Edmunds for recent auction pricing on whatever vehicle you're exiting.
  • Guys,

Just was quoted JGC Larado X Nav and Sunroof - 399.98/mo 36mo 15k miles from Nassau County , New York Jeep Dealership -

Work the dealers -
  • Hi All,
    Newbie looking for some input on lease offer.

Tier B Credit (690)

$388 a month ... total C.O.D $1796

2012 Jeep Cherokee 4WD Laredo X pkge - Total MSRP $37970

The COD apparently includes CT Tax, first month, bank fee and DMV fees.

With Navigation they said it was $6 more per month and a COD of $1892.

If anyone knows of a better deal let please let me know.
    Do your numbers include tax?
    Does this include taxes, fees etc? Or will your drive off be like $1500?
  • Flyingjock,

I'm also about to do a lease in CT. Mine is MSRP $37,715 with discount and rebates down to $33,487 (this includes all fee, conveyance etc)

$448 a month for 36 months, 12k miles year.
    $638 on delivery which is the tax on rebates and first month.

How was your deal structured? Was that monthly including taxes? 12k miles per year? Sounds like a great deal if it was so who is your dealer?
  • Hello Car_Man, Can you please post the money factor and residual values for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, with the luxury and entertainment packages, for a 36 month/12,000 mile per year lease?

Thanks in advance!
  • Yes, the $393 includes tax. I don't have the papers in front of me but I think tax was about $12/month.
    Ah ok. Great deal!

I think I see the difference from the deal I got in VA.
    In your region, there's 1500 incentive vice the 1000 by me. Also I think taxes in NC are 3% on the portion you use whereas in VA it's 3% of the gross sales price but I could be wrong. Either way the 500 difference makes our numbers jive much more! Congrats I love the car so far.
  • Can you ballpark the fees for me? I suspect I am getting hosed.

One dealer wanted to charge me a $999 bank fee.

Typically on leases, $1000 should cover all the costs such as bank fee, doc prep fee, registration and tags here in NJ.

But I suspect the dealer is either giving me a terrible price or loading a ton of fees in there.

I got quoted $599 for an Overland and $575 for a Limited. I laughed at the guy on the phone.
  • V6 RWD 2012 jcg x
    Nav
    Poower tailgate
    Sunroof (single pane)
    Laredo E group

MSRP $36,765.00

Final Negotiated Selling Price
    400.00 out of pocket
    405.55 a monnth + tax

They paid first payment and its 36/15k
    love the truck 260 miles in.
  • Hello - I am new to this forum. I am looking to lease a Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4x4 w/ Panoramic Sunroof in next few days in the New York City/Tri-State area - am wanting to put min. down w/ lowest monthly payment for 36month term and 12K mi/year. I believe the MSRP on for this package is 38,710. Can anyone advise as on what a reasonable deal might be based on your experiences.

Also, if you're aware of a dealer in NYC area that is offering a good deal and is easy to work with (i.e.: without much typical car dealer hassle), I'd be very appreciative to hear.

Thanks.
  • I am curious if the residuals and MFs are out for December. There was a rumor that the residuals were going to jump a bit from their Nov numbers of 54% for the Laredo, 50% for the Limited and 49% for the Overland (12000 miles per year).
  • What are the lease factors for December on a 4WD Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado V6 with and without Quick Order Package 26X? Also any incentives?

Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited December 2011
    Hi edcard61. Unfortunately unlike the other Grand Cherokee trim levels, Chrysler is not currently providing lease support on the SRT8.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi tywebb1973. According to what I've heard, the lease program for the Grand Cherokee is basically the same in December as it was in November.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi chiefvb. Ally's current base lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.4% and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Chrysler is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,

Can you please provide me the lease rate and Residual on an Overland 4x4 w/ 15k miles/yr.

Also, is there any difference on a Limited 4x4?

Any additional rebates available? Does it make sense to wait until the end of the year or early January, does the "year end" make any difference for dealers to move their inventory?

Thanks in advance!
    Jason
  • amric1amric1 Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Car Man,

Are there any additional rebates or incentives available for the 2011 model - and are the lease rates the same for the '11 and the '12?

Also, can you confirm the money factor for the Grand Cherokee posted in your reply to chiefvb?

Thanks!
  • Please Advise:

MSRP: $43,820
    Negotiated Price: $40,500
    $4000 Trade-In
    $0 Out of Pocket
    36-month Lease
    15k Miles
    $463/month

Does this seem like a good deal???

Thank you!
    Jason
  • Jason,

Does that monthly payment include tax?

It seems like a decent deal. Was that $40500 negotiated price including any rebates? Or did they quote you $40500 and then apply the available rebates ($1000 cash rebate and $1000 conquest or loyalty) after that negotiated price?
This discussion has been closed.