Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• autoalautoal Posts: 5
    Car_man,

Could you please provide me with the MF and residual on a 2012 GC Overland V8? My understanding is that Jeep uses several financing instructions. Thanks for your help.

Brooklyn guy.
  • autoalautoal Posts: 5
    Sorry Car_Man,

Please let me clarify: I'm looking for the MF and residual on a 2012 JGC Overland V8 on 39 Month Lease (sweet spot I'm told) with 12K in the New York area.

Thanks for all your help.

Brooklyn man.
  • FINALLY, i wrote about this in May 2011, I walked out of the finance department because of this exact situation, wrote about it here, and no one even blinked an eye. If you lease any Dodge, Jeep, or Chrysler product through Ally you get ripped, don't lease from these crooks. Here's why lets say you lease a Jeep and the Residual is $17,000 (Which is what your buy out should be also), you drive the miles allowed, keep it in good shape, at the end of the lease hey i could sell this for $18,500 (which you can do), oh but if I want to buy it I have to pay $19,500 WHAT, had over 20 leases in the last 30 years, never ever seen anything like this total rip off. Seriously people wake the F--- up
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited August 2012
    Here you go Brooklyn guy. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 with 12,000 miles per year are 0.6% and 44%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • 1st - Why does every car dealer try to screw people on leases!?!? You sure can just walk out but I'm getting to the point where I have to lease 1 or 2 states away! I've been blatantly lied to more times in the last 2 days of car shopping regarding leasing than I can count.

2nd - Any chance anyone can tell me what the tier 1 MF and residual is for a '12 Jeep GC Limited 4x4?

I've spent time putting together a lease breakdown to take back to that last dealer in the morning and tell them this is it or no deal. The lease sheets this particular dealer sends you out with don't list all the lease details and so I ran the numbers and they're of course hiding thousands of dollars somewhere. Frustrating!
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you please post the base lease rate and residual for the following?

2013 Grand Cherokee Limited 4X2 - 36 months/15K a year

2013 Grand Cherokee Limited 4X2 - 36 months/12K a year

We're looking in San Diego, CA.

Thanks so much,

Brett
  • Hi Brett,
    While I don't know the base rate MF nor RV for lease terms in question, I leased our GC Ltd 4x4 from Bob Baker in Carlsbad. I worked with their internet sales team, and I would suggest contacting the gentleman with the initials NR or his boss. They were transparent on MF and RV which were identical to the rates that CarMan provided. It was seamless transaction as everything was done over email and phone, and I simply picked up the truck.

Cheers!
  • Hi lakesidedreams. Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.57% and 45%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, normies. Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.55% and 48%.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • paradiddle7paradiddle7 Posts: 15
    edited September 2012
    Car_man, what would be the residual and MF on a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited for a 10k and 12k lease? My Audi Q5 lease is over on December 15th; do you think that the lease cash incentive will continue to go up as time goes on? I believe I saw there were well over 120 of the 2012 Limited vehicles available in my area that matched my specifications.

Are the numbers and incentive the same for the Overland and Laredo trim models?

I'm assuming that leasing a 2012 is a better deal as the interest looks negligible and there's $1500 incentive, but if the 2013 has a much higher residual it might not be that much of a difference. If the cash incentive goes up over time, then the 2012 gets more attractive to me as December rolls around.

Thanks much for your expertise and time!
  • just an fyi. with ally bank the principle you owe will be a certain amount and to purchase the vehicle after the lease the price will be 2500 more than what you owe. so look out for that on the bottom of the lease paperwork.
  • Yeah, thanks for that bit of information. Is that something you can negotiate or is it pretty much just bend over and take it? I doubt I'll be interested in buying the vehicle though.
  • Hi everyone,

I just signed a new lease for my first Jeep but wanted to see if I got a good deal. I got a 2013 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 5.7L V8 with Luxury Group II package.

MSRP $43,310
    Negotiated Price $38,900
    Cap Cost Reductions $3,250
    $747.35 due at start which includes the title, registration and license fees
    Monthly payments $484.35
    12k miles per year / 39 months
    Money factor is 0.00055
    Residual is 49%
    Buy out at end of lease is $21,571

I also got the dealership to throw in 3 years of free maintenance. This is from a dealership on Long Island. How did I do?
  • Hello lagam1!

Congrats on the purchase of your new 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited!

Sounds like you worked out a pretty good deal for yourself! As long as you are happy with your purchase and feel good about it - it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Enjoy your new ride!

Lisa
    Customer Care
    Chrysler Group LLC
  • You're very welcome paradiddle7. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. the 10k resid would be 3% higher.

It's difficult to say what Chrysler's incentives on the Grand Cherokee will be like in December, but I personally doubt that they will have less support on it then. Of course, only time will tell for certain.

The numbers for the other trim levels that you asked about are different.

Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 50%, respectively.

Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.1% and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • 2013 jeep altitude with remote start, auto lift gate, nav, leather, sunroof etc--- 41400 msrp

negotiated selling price $37,000 Plus incentives 2300
    10,500 miles a year for 36 months
    1000 down ( first month plus whatever to equal 1k)

monthly- $415.00
  • buddyluv1buddyluv1 Posts: 9
    edited October 2012
    Does anyone know the residual value and money factor for a 2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo V8 and Limited V8 for October? I have gotten 3 different numbers from different dealerships and they are driving me nuts!

Thank you
  • Correction $398.00 per month for the jeep altitude $41400.00 msrp
  • emc9emc9 Posts: 1
    Hi, can you please help with:
    Money Factor & Residual 2013 Jeep GC Laredo
    -Automatic, 4X4, V6
    -39 month lease
    -15,000 miles/year
    -Denver, CO area
    Thanks!!
  • Hi Car Man,

Thank you for all the great information. Can you please help with:

Incentives, Money Factor & Residual 2012 Jeep GC Laredo Altitude
    -Automatic, 4X4, V6
    -36/39 month lease
    -10,000 miles/year
    -Chicago area
  • Carman....also a limited model as well please?!
  • Saucemang, can you tell me what money factor and residual were included in your deal? As well as where you purchased? Sounds like you did great! Thanks.
  • MSRP: approx. $33,500
    15,000 miles
    no down payments
    39 month lease
    $415 /mo (includes tax)

Based on other recent posts this seems a little high but I am very new to leasing. I would greatly appreciate anyone's advice.
  • Hi buddyluv1. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.95% and 50%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD are 2.47% and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi emc9. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.95% and 47%.

When negotiating your deal make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello lakeview88. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 52%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 0.25% and 49%.

The numbers for the '12 Limited 4WD are 0.57% / 48% and 0.57% / 46%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

Can you please help with:

November lease incentives, money factor & residual for 2013 Jeep GC Laredo X 4x4. Jeep's home page is advertising $359 w/$2,499 due at signing for one with a MSPR of $39,685 and dealer contribution.

- Automatic, 4X4, V6
    - 36 month lease
    - 12,000 miles/year
    - Mpls / St Paul area

Thanks!
  • Car Man,

Can you please help with the November money factor and residual in the Fort Lauderdale - Florida area - for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 x 2 with the 26X, Laredo E and Uconnect 430 N packages for 36 months and 12,000 miles per year.

Total MSRP: 36,485
    Selling Price: 34,528
    Dealer Doc: 100
    Bank Fee: 795
    M.V.: approx 215
    Lease incentive:1,500
    No Money Down - first month out of pocket.

Dealer has stated Interst rate is .01 (not money factor which calculated is .000004166) and residual of 48%

Using the above info (residual look low) I calculate the monthly payment before sales tax of $462.
  • Hi All,

First Post. I am very interested in the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 Altitude. The one with the black rims and grille.

I was quoted after a little negotiation the following deal:

36 Months
    $2000 due at signing (Taxes and first month payment)
    $449/month
    15k Miles/year

Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal. Also perhaps the residual value of this car?

Anyoen think it's worth it to get this special edition, or can I get the regular Laredo in the 300's/month?

Thank you
  • Trading in a lease with $4800 in payments left.
    Trade in has appx $21k buyout and dealer says its only worth $17k
    '11 Honda Accord EX-L........ok fine...so I guess I gotta come out of pocket somewhat to get out of this current lease?

New Lease on '13 JGC ALTITUDE MSRP $41,080
    They want $505 per month 39mos @ 12k miles per year
    And they want $2,495 down plus first month at signing for total of 3k plus Reg costs ...which I gotta pay anyway so that's fine ...only about $130 for NY Reg.

I've been shopping dealers for a month and this is one of the better deals I've negotiated as 3-4 other dealers would not be in this neighborhood price wise.

I don't feel like its a great deal...I'm wondering if getting out of the current lease on the Honda is really hurting my deal or if they are just blowing smoke.

I would feel more comfy with $450 per month and 2k down but no dealer to date has accepted that offer so maybe this is where I'm gonna be to get this truck. It's a beautiful truck..but....

Anyone with some insight would be greatly appreciated . Thanks.....Jeff
This discussion has been closed.