Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• edcard61edcard61 Posts: 5
    Thanks, Car_man. I ended up not leasing but with a regular auto loan. Love the Jeep!
  • Car_man - thank you for answering the questions, very helpful! One last item - could you tell me what the MF and Residual is for a 24mo lease with 12k/yr? I think we may go this route. THANKYOU!
  • cennis1cennis1 Posts: 25
    I'm quite possibly in the market for a JGC. I have seen reference earlier to the fact that Ally doesn't use money factors like most leasing company's, and Car_mans posts above seem to confirm that. As a finance guy, I always have a lease spreadsheet open in front of me as I negotiate deals and usually get within a few pennies of the final payment that the dealer's software comes up with.

So - my question is if I can just take the Ally rates quoted above and divide by 24 to get to a rough MF to use in running my calculations. For instance, would I take the 0.65% rate quoted in msg # 1102 above and divide by 24 to get a MF of ~ .000271? I figure the payment calculations have to work pretty much the same, but please let me know if that isn't the case.

Either way, it seems like they offer some really cheap money on their leases, even on the newly-introduced 2014s. Is that pretty typical on JGC leases in people's experience.

Hopefully the question makes sense, and thanks in advance for any feedback.
  • Hi cennis1,

You are correct with your calculations.
    Comparable interest rate = MF * 24

So in your case, MF = .000271 (=.0065/24)

American auto makers do offer quite low MF's vs. European brands. When I leased my 2011 GC Ltd 4x4, my MF was even lower.

Cheers!
  • dajeepdajeep Posts: 2
    Been using this site - hope this helps. Just leased a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland for $585/month. First month down, everything rolled into the lease. This was for 15K/year and 39months.
  • asd302asd302 Posts: 20
    Hey Car_Man

You have always been a tremendous help with my vehicle purchases, I need your help again.

Can you help with the Res and MF for 24mo and 36mo, 12k and 15k, for a 2014 GC Limited and Overland if they differ? I also haven't seen any updated rebate info for May yet. Also Chrysler Financial has apparently been reborn as of May 1st. So I guess I need their numbers and Ally if they are still involved. I am also considering a RAM 1500 so I will be posting the same question over in that forum as well.

Thank you so much!
  • acha1acha1 Posts: 1
    Being offered deal as follows:
    2014 overland 4 by 4 v8 engine lease for 701 a month for 39 months, 10 k miles per year. Or 596$ per month with 3000$ down. Does this seam like a reasonable deal?
    Also wondering if service is included in leases like with BMW and Audi which I've recently leased.
    Thanks.
  • yideng23yideng23 Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man!!!

Thank you for helping me with lease figures on JX. Just leased for my wife last month.

I'm looking to lease 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited in NJ.

Can you tell me the numbers for 12K miles for May??

Thank you!!!
  • jovanijovani Posts: 1
    Can anyone confirm the May lease rate/residual for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited?
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy NYCPosts: 95
    Just did this lease for someone today. Its got the 23H package with sunroof, Uconnect navigation and single CD player. MSRP is $40,775 and I was able to get a selling price of $37,793 plus $1,000 for the conquest rebate. Seems Chrysler Capital has the best rates with a 56% residual and .00027 money factor for 36 months. They are also waiving bank fee this month again.

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying, LLC WD Deal ID: 98341
    Sale Vehicle: New 2014 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4WD WKJP74 4dr Wgn Limited w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 36
    Base Payment 403.85
    Total Payment 403.85
    Purchase Option 23,184.00
    MSRP 40,775.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Termination Fee 495.00
    Disposition Fee 395.00
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 403.85
    Fees & Insurance 365.00
    Upfront Taxes 1,151.50
    Total Inception Fees 1,920.35
    Rebate as Cap Reduction 1,000.00
    Total Drive Off 2,920.35

Total Cash Required on Delivery 1,920.35

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 79.28 7.3750 Upfront
    Upfront Tax 1,072.22 7.3750 Upfront

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 267.50 Upfront
    Insp 10.00 Upfront
    Title 12.50 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
  • kwteng2kwteng2 Posts: 7
    I am also in NY and looking to lease a Limited. I have about $5,000 in equity from my returned lease. How would that chnage the payments on this deal. I would use the equity as down payment and to pay upfront costs.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy NYCPosts: 95
    The drive off on the lease I did was $1,920 includuing new plates. With another $3,080 due at signing its going to lower the payment by about $79 per month. Looks like $324 per month! What are you coming out of that has so much equity?
  • kwteng2kwteng2 Posts: 7
    Thank For The Info. I'm returning a 2011 Laredo with low mileage
  • cvanslykecvanslyke Posts: 3
    insidecarbuy thanks so much for the numbers i am in cny looking to lease a limited with tow packed only. im looking to stay under 400 with taxes rolled in,how much do you think the res and money factor will change for a 15k or 16k lease? thx so much
  • asd302asd302 Posts: 20
    Hey Car_Man

You have always been a tremendous help with my vehicle purchases, I need your help again.

Can you help with the Res and MF for 24mo and 36mo, 12k and 15k, for a 2014 GC Limited and Overland if they differ? I also haven't seen any updated rebate info for May yet. Also Chrysler Financial has apparently been reborn as of May 1st. So I guess I need their numbers and Ally if they are still involved. I am also considering a RAM 1500 so I will be posting the same question over in that forum as well.

Thank you so much!
  • Hello Car Guy,

Just negotiated the following lease on a base 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I feel this is a good deal, can you please confirm?

MSRP: $39,185.00
    Discounts and Rebates: ($3,000.00)
    Lease conquest rebate (Subaru): ($1,000.00)
    Sales price: $35,185.00

36 month lease
    10K miles/year
    $0 cash down
    $383/month + Tax (w/ documentation fee, registration fee, and first payment all due at signing)

Residual: 57%
    Money Factor: 0.00027

He’s at $406.94 a month, but my calculation comes out to $395.74, both including 6.25% MA sales tax. We’ve decided to meet in the middle at $400 even including tax. You an amazing resource carman. Do you like this deal?
  • denisem776denisem776 Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    insidecarbuy - I need to come see you. I am in Westchester County, NY and these numbers are much better than what I'm currently getting. I am looking at the Limited, same config as you mentioned except I don't need the NAV and I want to roll the taxes in. The money factor I'm being quoted is .00130 - ridiculous compared to yours.

Can you get me a similar deal???
  • tv_wiztv_wiz Posts: 1
    Hello all,

I'm long overdue for a new vehicle. I'm currently driving a 2006 Scion Xa which I bought brand new. It has about 185,000 miles and honestly still runs great... I just need something bigger and much cooler. Here's what I'm looking to lease:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Black
    Hemi
    20" Wheels
    Sunroof
    (Maybe Nav)

The best deal I've found so far was at Seaview Jeep in Ocean, NJ. The exact truck listed above minus the Hemi (They only had the V6 in stock). After having driven a tiny car with 106 horsepower for the last 7 years, lets just say I really really want the HEMI!

$3000.00 down and $438 a month
    39 month lease w/ 12,000 miles a year.

They would have to order one with the HEMI and are supposed to call me tomorrow with the price.

Not sure how much I should expect to pay or what the current deals are right now. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

-David
  • geox19geox19 Posts: 2
    what options did you get v8?
  • geox19geox19 Posts: 2
    looking into leasing a Jeep Grand Cherokee overland think the msrp is 50,880 could someone plz inform me of MF and Residual. Also I have never bought a chrysler product so I'm not sure who they use for their leasing company if they use more than one company which is the best to go with? I have tier 1 credit what should i expect to pay monthly with no out of pocket cash or just first months payment? thanks in advance live in San Francisco CA.
  • vettel3vettel3 Posts: 3
    Hello Car Man,

I am looking at a jeep overland lease, 36 month, 15,000/ year, are there any factory rebates or other specials. What are the numbers on this car is SO CAL. Will there be better deals on memorial weekend.

PS: You helped a lot in my ACURA TL lease back in Feb!

Regards,
  • danimal77danimal77 Posts: 17
    I've been trying to negotiate a deal on 4x4 Grand Cherokee Limited (in Ohio) to no avail. I've been trying to get the deal below that someone posted on here (except I have WV) but the best I've been quoted from several places was $520 mo. Has anyone gotten this deal? Which dealdership? Please help.

MSRP: $39,185.00
    Discounts and Rebates: ($3,000.00)
    Lease conquest rebate (Subaru): ($1,000.00)
    Sales price: $35,185.00

36 month lease
    10K miles/year
    $0 cash down
    $383/month + Tax (w/ documentation fee, registration fee, and first payment all due at signing)

Residual: 57%
    Money Factor: 0.00027
  • I signed this lease yesterday a Brigham Gill Jeep in Natick MA. it came out to $400.74 a month $0 down (although documentation fee, registration fee, and first payment all due at signing).

Stock 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited in Cherry Red
  • above price includes tax
  • danimal77danimal77 Posts: 17
    No sunroof correct? What was your registration fee? Thank you!
  • no sunroof

The documentation fee is $377. The RMV charges $125 for new plates.
  • franknussfranknuss Posts: 3
    In the dealerships, they told me that I would get the $2,750 Lease Cash only if I leased with Chrysler (I assume that means TD Auto Finance, right?) Is that true? Because if it is, wouldn't it make sense to use them as opposed to go to a bank to obtain a lease? Not sure if this helps answer the question but I have Tier 1 credit. THANKS!
  • orion23orion23 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys!
    I'm new to leasing, looking into a Jeep grand Cherokee 2014 Laredo 4X4, nothing fancy, basic model. My credit score is upwards of 750...
    I'm in NJ and this is the current offer to bring people in:
    http://www.salernoduanesummit.com/jeep-models-in-nj/jeep-grand-cherokee

It says $249 with about 3,500 down, closed end with .18c per mile over 10,000

Doesn't look bad to me, don't really need more than 10K and @ .18c it shouldn't be a big deal.

Any thoughts?

What tricks or extra fees can I expect from a salesman ?

Thanks!

New 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 $249 x 39 months SUV, 4-Dr., Auto, 3.6L, V6, PB/S/W/Lks/Mirrs, Air, Dual Air Bags, Keyless Ent., Cruise, Alloys, AM/FM/CD. stk#1C4RJFAG3EC150760. MSRP: $33685. Lease: $3251 Dwn Pyt. + 1st Mo. Pyt. + $0 Sec Dep. = $3500 Due At Incep; Ttl. Pyts: $9711; P/Opt. At Lease End: $19200.25 Mi. allow: 10,000 mi./yr. 18¢ mi. thereafter. Lease incl $1000 2014 Conquest Lease to Retail/Lease rebate, & $2250 IDL Bonus Cash. Prices incl. all costs to be paid by consumer except for lic., reg. & taxes. Offers cannot be combined with any other offers or incentives. Offers expire 5/31/13. *Based on closed end lease w/primary lender approval. Lessee resp. for excess wear/tear. Customers must meet all rebate qualifications. See dlr for complete details. Not resp. for typos. Photos for illustrative purposes only. All ad vehicles sold cosmetically as is.
  • remcobremcob Posts: 1
    I got a lease quote today on a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland with the Advanced Technology Group. I am located in the Bay Area
    MSRP: 50,880
    Discount: 2,360

Zero out of pocket
    Residual value .5 (I assume this means 50%) and money factor of .0009

They calculated the lease to be $750 incl 9% sales tax.

Questions:
    1) Does that calculation work out based on the info on residual, money factor etc?
    2) Does that residual make sense? It feels low to me.
    3) Is the discount on the low end? SOmewhere I read earlier that the discount could be up to 10% of MSRP (which may be high?)

I was hoping to lease this Grand Cherokee for closer to $600/$650 or is that impossible

Thanks for any help.
  • hamfist1hamfist1 Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

First time poster---looking for some quick advice.

Sold my prior ride so I'm in a bit of a bind for a car. Just visited my local Jeep store and got the following quote on a 2014 Limited (nav, roof, 18s, no HIDs):

Window: 40,580
    Affiliate price: 38,496
    Leased with Chrysler for 39mo/12k year
    55% residual
    Factor of: .00087

$512.49 - that's nothing out of pocket with a start-up of $640.43.

This seems like a pretty bad deal from what I'm seeing. Any suggestions on how to get them down? TBH, I always buy and this is the first time I've leased so any input you can provide is appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.