Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello - I am new to this forum. I am looking to lease a Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4x4 w/ Panoramic Sunroof in next few days in the New York City/Tri-State area - am wanting to put min. down w/ lowest monthly payment for 36month term and 12K mi/year. I believe the MSRP on for this package is 38,710. Can anyone advise as on what a reasonable deal might be based on your experiences.

Also, if you're aware of a dealer in NYC area that is offering a good deal and is easy to work with (i.e.: without much typical car dealer hassle), I'd be very appreciative to hear.

Thanks.
  • I am curious if the residuals and MFs are out for December. There was a rumor that the residuals were going to jump a bit from their Nov numbers of 54% for the Laredo, 50% for the Limited and 49% for the Overland (12000 miles per year).
  • What are the lease factors for December on a 4WD Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado V6 with and without Quick Order Package 26X? Also any incentives?

Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited December 2011
    Hi edcard61. Unfortunately unlike the other Grand Cherokee trim levels, Chrysler is not currently providing lease support on the SRT8.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi tywebb1973. According to what I've heard, the lease program for the Grand Cherokee is basically the same in December as it was in November.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi chiefvb. Ally's current base lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.4% and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Chrysler is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,

Can you please provide me the lease rate and Residual on an Overland 4x4 w/ 15k miles/yr.

Also, is there any difference on a Limited 4x4?

Any additional rebates available? Does it make sense to wait until the end of the year or early January, does the "year end" make any difference for dealers to move their inventory?

Thanks in advance!
    Jason
  • amric1amric1 Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Car Man,

Are there any additional rebates or incentives available for the 2011 model - and are the lease rates the same for the '11 and the '12?

Also, can you confirm the money factor for the Grand Cherokee posted in your reply to chiefvb?

Thanks!
  • Please Advise:

MSRP: $43,820
    Negotiated Price: $40,500
    $4000 Trade-In
    $0 Out of Pocket
    36-month Lease
    15k Miles
    $463/month

Does this seem like a good deal???

Thank you!
    Jason
  • Jason,

Does that monthly payment include tax?

It seems like a decent deal. Was that $40500 negotiated price including any rebates? Or did they quote you $40500 and then apply the available rebates ($1000 cash rebate and $1000 conquest or loyalty) after that negotiated price?
  • Greetings Jason. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.42% and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Limited 4WD are 0.3% and 48%.

Chrysler is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would try to finalize a deal before the end of the year. Dealers and manufacturers are usually eager to close as many deals as they can before year-end.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello amric1. Chrysler is not providing lease support on 2011 models any longer.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

I picked up a new 2012 JGC yesterday at Merrick Dodge. I think I got screwed. This is a 36/ 12k a year lease. The MSRP for the car was $37515. It it a brillant blue 26x package. I received $2,000 in rebates. I also was trading in a car and owed 17, 097 for a 10 day payoff and they gave me $17,500. I negotioted with the salesman for a price of $33,426. I did not want anything out of pocket and I wanted all tax rolled in. The salesman gives me a monthly price of $427 with a residual of $20,680. Anyway I went to three dealers and all prices were comparable. I went back to Merrick and I received a final price of $403 and the only out of pocket expense was $904 which included first months payment and dmv fees, etc. I come home with the lease ticket and all the prices were changed on the agreement.

The amount agreed upon which is $35,026.00
    Price with taxes- $36971.97

Now the reason why I think I got screwed is because I asked the salesman 5 times is there a fee at the end if I dont buy the car. He said no and there is-395.00

And second-the residual value that was used to calculate my payment is different from the purchase option at the end of the lease. They used $20,258.10 to calculate my payment and the purchase option at the end is $20,608.10. Is there anything I can do? I definitely got screwed with the negotiated price of the car but If I am right with my calculations, they owe me about $350.00 or 10 less a month from the $403.01. Is this a fair price? or should I pusue my losses?

I called to complain today and they bs me.
  • I had a deal with Merrick Dodge of a 2010 x package - I'm glad it fell through - Got a better deal from a better dealership (Westbury).

Sorry for your troubles -
  • I think the dealer is trying to screw with the money factor & residual on the lease I am trying to work out.

Here are the numbers I have...

2012 JGC Laredo X RWD V6

MSRP $36,960
    Neg Price $32,220
    $1,000 Cust Incentive ($765 drive off costs w/rest going as down pmt)
    $795 Lender Fee
    Adjusted Cap Cost $32,780
    Residual 48%
    Money Factor 0.800% (this is where we think the issue lies)
    36 month / 12k miles
    Tier B credit (681 score)
    Ally Bank

From what I've read it seems the base Ally money factor is 0.41% for tier A buyers...what should the MF be for tier B?
  • question i live in ny, was trying to figure out what state you are in. i got a deal for a 2012 jeep overland, for 36 mnths with 15,000 miles at 580 a month with 2800 down. im pretty sure im getting gypt by 2grand should be at about 520.

was wondering if you are from ny what dealer did you go if you dont mind me asking, thanks
  • Yes I am from NY. The dealership is Merrick Dodge of Wantagh.
  • Greetings, would it be possible for you to post the Ally January rates/residuals for an Overland Summit?

36 months, 15k miles.

Thank you much!
  • anyone know the MF/residual for a 2012 jeep grand cherokee 4x4 laredo? the last i have is:

54% residual
    .00018 MF
  • I am new to the forum and to leasing but have tried to do my homework and take advice from this forum.

Got the dealer to give me this info (exactly as he presented to me). Is this a good lease deal

I live in CT.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 26x package 4x4 - 6cyl True Blue with the NAV system and dual Pane Sunroof - in True Blue

Msrp: $38,710.00
    Price: $36,493.00
    Rebates: $2,500.00
    Money down: $4,500.00 (all inclusive, title, tax tags reg etc..)
    Cap cost: $31,664.00
    Rate: .25%
    Residual: @ 50% is $19,355.00
    Term is 36 months 15,000 miles per yer
    Payment: $346.75 plus tax of 6.35% = $368.77

Thanks, the help is very much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.