Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• ucla56ucla56 Posts: 5
    I'm confused about lease rate. What money factor does a lease rate of 0.4 equate to?
  • jeepgc12jeepgc12 Posts: 3
    I believe a 0.4% interest rate equates to .000167 MF, and a 0.55% interest rate (mine) equates to a .000229 MF.

Apparently Allied no longer uses MF and instead uses interest rates because MF just confuses everyone!
  • jmza2jmza2 Posts: 2
    This is my first time leasing and I want to make sure I am getting a good deal on the car. Here are the particulars:

2012 Jeep GC Overland
    MSRP: $47,585
    Negotiated Price: $41,985
    Terms: 36 Month w/ 15k miles @ .55 interest through Ally (I don't think they do money factor)
    The sales reps also told me he factored in the $1,500 lease incentive.
    Monthly cost $559 + $36 in tax = $595 total

I'm negotiating on the phone right now as I don't believe in going to the dealer unless the price is firm.
  • jmza2jmza2 Posts: 2
    also tossing $2,000 at it as a down payment.
  • jordanhojojordanhojo Posts: 2
    In Chicago, on top of the 10.25% tax (which is charged on the ENTIRE price of the car, not just the portion for the lease), there is an 8% "use" tax that is charged on each lease payment. Very expensive to lease in Chicago.
  • chiguy5chiguy5 Posts: 1
    Just leased an Overland for 610/mo 12K/year, 0 down, all in including tax. I am in Chicago Northern burbs.
  • jordanhojojordanhojo Posts: 2
    Chiguy - The city of Chicago charges an extra 8% - not applicable in Burbs. Where did you get your lease from? I'm looking to lease shortly and my leases for $0 down were coming out to be $650 for a Laredo X with 20s.
  • slu2012slu2012 Posts: 1
    Hello I am new to this forum, On April 26 I leased a 2012 Jeep GC basic model for $363 a month. All I had to put down was first month. It has been a month and Ally has no record of the lease being finalized, so I can not make a payment. I called Jeep yesterday and they said Ally needs proof a residency. Hear is the problem, I leased the jeep in a state I will be moving to in one month, so at this time I do not have proof of residency to give Ally. Jeep knew this when we made the deal, but now they are saying Alley needs proof a residency which I can not give. Does anyone have any idea what can be done or what might happen? Thanks for your help.
  • ucla56ucla56 Posts: 5
    What is MF and residual for Grand Cherokee Laredo X 2wd for 12000 miles and 36months?
    Any way to lease through someone other than ally?
  • rackermanrackerman Posts: 8
    I'm new here so i apologize in adavance for any stupid quesitons. I am looking to lease a new 12' JGC Overlander - 3 yrs 39 months and i want see if anyone knows the current interest rate (or MF) and the residual value on the car. If you do respond can you confirm which bank provided you with those figures.

Thank you.
  • kcjr81kcjr81 Posts: 2
    Hi. What is the current residual and money factor for a Grand Cherokee Limited V8 on a 36 month 12k miles a year lease?
  • kkcar2kkcar2 Posts: 1
    Car man

I was quoted for JGC Laredo with X and E package a 38625 msrp with selling cost 36285. They quoted a money factor of .0012 that I think equates to 2.88%. They didn't mention the bank but seems fairly high. Residual was 55% for 12k and 39month lease. Any thoughts on what money factor is this month?
  • stevernstevern Posts: 40
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please list the MF & Residual for a 2012 JGC 4x4 Laredo E Package for 12k/36 months? You have been so helpful for all my leases in the past and I appreciate any info you can give.

Thanks!
    Steve
  • stevernstevern Posts: 40
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please post the residual and MF for a 2012 JGC Laredo 4x4 for 3yrs/36k? Many thanks,

Steve
  • cnote2cnote2 Posts: 42
    MF and residual for a Altitude 4x2 for 36m 12k miles in the northeast. any cash incentives as well?

thanks in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hello stevern. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.02% and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi cnote2. I haven't seen any numbers for the Grand Cherokee Attitude. Is this new trim level considered to be a variant of the Limited or Overland models? If not, then Chrysler has not published a lease program for it yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • danimal77danimal77 Posts: 13
    32,330 MSRP base 4x4 Grand Cherokee Laredo

Can someone tell me what's the absolute best lease deal on this vehicle with 12k/36 or 39 mo lease? I've been offered $360 per month payment (includes tax of 6.75) and that is with 2,000 cash due at signing.

I don't know what the actual sale price is but it's probably around 30,000. Dealer said there is 1,500 insentive and then they can deduct additional $500 but not more.

Thoughts? Thank you so much!
  • cnote2cnote2 Posts: 42
    Hello Car man, i think its it own trim level but i am not sure how jeep is handling it with regards to leases. it runs around 38k-40k, i think the limited trim runs similary. maybe give me the numbers on that trim and that will give me the general idea of the cost.
  • danimal77danimal77 Posts: 13
    Jeep dealer in Ohio showed us lease specials on Grand Cherokee Laredo and X with leather and sunroof plus other equipment. All prices were under $400 including taxes with $2000 total due at signing that includes 1st payment. "base" 4x4 was like $339mo plus tax on 39mo with 12k. I think X (or whatever model has leather and sunroof) was $369 plus tax same terms as above.

Can someone share their REAL LIFE experience with 2012 Grand Cherokee, particularly gas mileage. What is the average you get in the city and freeway? I know what EPA estimates are but what's your real life experience? Thanks for sharing.
This discussion has been closed.