Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• I'm looking for the November MF and residual info for a '13 JGC Overland Summit V8. 24 or 36mo lease with 12K/yr. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave
  • I am new to leasing and was looking into leasing a Grand Cherokee Limited MSRP is 41,615. Terms would be 36 months/3 years. What would be a good negotiating cost, down payment, and monthly payment? I live in south jersey. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I heard it would be better to try to do this deal at the end of the month because salesmen are trying to meet some sort of quota. Any truth to this?

Thanks,
    Ryan
  • Save Reply Edit Delete
    #867 of 867 Just leased 2013 JGC Altitude V6 by jeffnyc
    Dec 03, 2012 (9:57 pm)

MSRP $41,080

Total out of pocket at signing
    $1,708 Down
    $1,677 Tax
    $525 First Payment
    $140 Registration
    ----------------------
    $4,000

$525/ 36 months/ 12k miles

It feels high but I also traded in my 2011 Honda lease with $4,850 left in payments and a buyout of $21,600 on a car that really might only hold $19,000+ value in the re-sale market.

If I just walked in without the Honda and $0 down I might have got it for $450-475 a month and would have saved the Down payment, tax, and first payment up front......I think. Honestly I don't even care...this truck is on FIRE!!!

In my opinion if you can stay sub $500 a month with nothing out of pocket at signing then u got a decent deal. Keep in mind they have plenty of Laredo X trucks that u can definitely steal for a very fair price.

Good luck..hope this helps......Happy Holidays
  • I am currently negotiating a deal on a JGC Overland Summit. I would love to know what the current rate and residuals are for December. I'm assuming the $500 incentive and I can also take advantage of the VW conquest $1000 as I am currently leasing a VW CC. I'm looking for a 24 or 36 month lease with 12K miles.

I'm going to try to get a copy of the complete worksheet from my dealer and I'll share whatever I get. Without knowing what's available out there, I feel like I'm flying blind!

Car_man, if you could share anything you can find for December I'd be forever grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Dave
  • I just got a quote from the dealer of $4000 out of pocket and $455 a month. That's with 12k/yr for 36 months and a trade in of a 2010 Nissan pathfinder with 9 months left on the lease. I'm gonna try to get them down to 420/month.
  • I would jump all overt that deal..the truck is mint bro! Get yourself a early Christmas gift
  • Yea im still holding out for the 420 but I haven't heard anything from the salesmen in like a week so its looking like going to the dealer 20 mins up the road or a call to the sales manager. I shouldn't have to badger him for the sale haha.
  • Yea I def overpaid but I wanted it now and in the mineral gray....I woulda been ecstatic at $475 month ...I never had a vehicle so nice
  • Hi CarMan! Do you have the December MF rate and residual on a 36 month 12k/yr lease for 2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4x4 with the preferred package 26x (MSRP 38115). Do the numbers look better for 42 months? Whats the change in residual for 15k miles/yr. Thanks!
  • Hello Dave. Ally's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 55%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 0.32% and 45%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Ryan. If I was interested in leasing a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the $1,500 cash incentive that Chrysler is providing on leases of this truck right now.

You can look up this truck's exact dealer invoice price, as you want it equipped, over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you have that figure, let me know what it is, along with the MSRP if it changes, and I'll use the current lease program to crunch some numbers for you.

Generally speaking the end of the money is usually the best time to purchase or lease a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Dave. I just replied to your earlier post. Please scroll up a message or two for my response. Thanks and good luck in your quest for a new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for dcf1955. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.05% and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't think that Chrysler is providing support on 42-month leases of this truck right now, but the 39-month numbers are 0.05% and 50%.

The residual values for a lease with 15,000 miles per year would be 2% lower.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that Chrysler is currently providing on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks so much Car_man. Could you clarify the .05% base lease rate from Ally? I'm used to MF rates shown as .0012, or something similar, where you then multiply it by 2400 to get a decent idea of the annual interest rate. Is a base lease rate of .05% equal to .05% annual interest? Thank you for your time.
  • rundyrundy Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please help with:

December lease incentives, money factor & residual for 2012 Jeep GC Overland?

Thanks!
  • Car Man, just to make sure I'm understanding your post #993 above, that .05% is equivalent to a .00002 money factor?

This is on a 2013 Laredo X 4x4, 36 months at 12k miles per year.

Thank you!
  • jdurham2012jdurham2012 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hi everyone,

Can I get some advice? I'm negotiating with a dealer on a JGC with the altitude package. I'm going in tomorrow AM to finish the deal one way or another... Here are the details:

MSRP: 41,000
    Initial Cap Cost: 38,500
    Rebate 1,500
    Due at signing; 3,500
    ADDS CC-ACQ,LT,DOC: 1,400 (I'm not sure what this is, it's just on the sheet here)
    LEV: 52%
    APR: .05
    Term: 36
    Miles: 12K
    **Trade Allowance: 28,000** Here's the thing, I could sell my car to carmax for 30,000. what option is better? trade it with my new lease or take the 30K from carmax?
    Taxes.

I also negotiated free oil changes for 3 years.

MONTHLY PAYMENT: Right now, with my trade in, I've got the to $445 per month.

Please let me know if this is a good deal or if I need to provide additional information!

Thanks all! Jim
  • I live in NJ & need some help with a new lease on a new jeep GC limited 4x4. I have no clue on what I should pay I do know the invoice is $39,155 with UConnect 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
    & 20" x 8.0" Aluminum Painted Wheels
    package. I am looking for a 36 months lease and a 10k miles a year lease. can someone give me some prices or what would a good deal be?
  • You're very welcome dcf1955. Ally does things a little differently than most banks. It publishes lease rates (or interest rates) instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • Certainly rundy. Chrysler is not providing lease support on the 2012 Grand Cherokee any longer. Here's the numbers for the 2013 model.

Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Chrysler is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.