Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• Okay for everyone thats thinking of buying but dont think your ready right now, get yourself ready quick because your probably not going to be able to get as good of deals as you can right now. The total rebates can go all the way up to 7500!!(3500 base rebate, 2000 lease cash, 1000 old age bonus+1000 lease loyalty.) In addition, you may be able to get a military discount(not positive if that still exists) and $750 rebate if you are an employee at a five star Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealership. However, if you do work at one you probably already have gotten the pressure put on you to buy one, just like I did. I just bought myself an 06 GC Limited Hemi with every option(U-Connect, Nav, DVD, Tow) with a sticker of 43,955 for only 7,300 for 24 months. Its about 7300 because I did a one pay lease so I could eliminate the money factor but im only 19 years old and got this for myself! I never saw myself driving this much car but when you get a deal like that, I couldnt refuse. When you put what I paid into 24 payments, they are only 307! My car did however have 2,000 in write down because it was a demo but it was worth it (my only penalty was two percent less residual.) But anyways in conclusion if your looking to get one of these in the next six months or less, go in now because these rebates will more than likely be gone this month and just become dealer cash (which is money that doesnt have to go to the buyer)and not be as high as they are now at all. There already extending these deals alot later in the year than they usually do but with that much 06 inventory left they have to be aggresive. Im selling most our 06's at invoice or less depending on how old the vehicle is. Good luck out there!
  • A friend of mine who works for Chrysler passed along to me an "employee choice" code number which allows me to lease a Jeep Grand Cherokee beginning at dealer invoice, minus dealer incentives and other discounts. How can I be sure the prices I'm quoted are really reflecting these discounts? Will they show me actual invoice paperwork? I've already talked with a salesman who sounds like he's trying to pull something over on me -- he said they rarely ever do 3 year leases, mostly 27 month and sometimes 39 month. I've never heard of a 39 month lease... When I have a specific deal I'll post it for your input; just wanted your thoughts on this general subject before I visit dealers next week. Thanks!
  • Chrysler employees buy off of an 'EP' price that is listed on the dealer invoice. Also, get a new salesman. 36 month leases are very common and ensures your vehicle is covered under warranty for the entire lease....so they don't try the old 'extended warranty' bullsh1t.
  • tillytilly Posts: 1
    I am very new to this and need advice. I am about to lease a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited – MRSP 40,140.00 with $2000 down for $483.53 per month for 27 months, 12,000 miles per year. I am getting out of a Sienna lease one year early and the Jeep dealership is basically buying the Toyota for the $20,900 buy off quoted.
    Is this a fair deal?
    Thanks.
  • Carman... need some advice. I am running the math on leasing a new 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo.

The car is a 2007 jeep grand cherokee laredo 2wd with the 3.7 liter V6 engine in the black clear coat paint. it is also equipped with cloth interior, am/fm/cd, and the entire 26e laredo pkg. the msrp is $28,580

I can purchase the car for $23,900 which is invoice less rebate less half of the holdback.

Based on this information can you figure the lease on a 36 month 15k mile 0 down situation.

I appreciate the help!
  • I dont know much about getting out of your old lease but I think it sounds a bit pricey. I leased a grand cherokee in 2004. 3 year lease, 15,ooo miles per year. I put 3,000 down and I am paying $234 a month. Hope this helps you compare
  • Greetings tilly. Why are you getting out of your Toyota lease so early? It is usually fairly expensive for consumers to get out of their leased vehicles well before their scheduled end dates. Unless you have a good reason for needing to get out of your Sienna lease right now, you would be better off waiting until you are closer to its scheduled end to get something new.

If you are set on getting a new Jeep Grand Cherokee now, I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal. However, you never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the Jeep that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I originally signed a 39 month lease back in April of 04 but today when I looked at my contract today it says 38 payments. The dealer picked up the 1st month. Do I still have to keep the WJ for that extra month? I am up to number 33 and is it possible for me to exit this lease into a new 07 Overland?
  • Hi boatandgolf. You certainly are getting this truck for a good price. I would be happy to estimate what its lease payment should be for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD with an MSRP of $28,580 and a selling price of $23,900 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $357.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • sasukesasuke Posts: 77
    I got a quote of 35,500 on a Grand Cherokee Limited with Hemi, if i were to do 36 months or so with 15k miles, what would my monthly lease be, if i put taxes up front?
  • Hi crookster. Vehicles' lease payments are due in advance of the month that they are for. When one leases, they have to pay their vehicle's first month's payment at signing. DaimlerChrysler is currently running an early lease termination program that allows Chrysler Financial lessees who have less than a year remaining on their leased vehicles out of their deals early, waiving up to three of their payments if they lease a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Since you still have six more payments left on your lease, you would still have to pay three of them if you took advantage of this program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi sasuke. I would be happy to use Chrysler Financial's current lease program to calculate what your lease payment should be on this truck. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I actually just made the purchase.

27 months @ 369/month with 12k miles.
    Limited
    0 down, taxes up front.
    forgot to mention, all fees + taxes + first month came out to $2000..which I think is very good.

I also got the wood trim/chrome grill package
  • Hi. Is this for a Limited v8 or a hemi. I just put down for a hemi with chrome and tow for $459.. first month down + title & reg.
    It's the Limited V8..I'd get the Hemi, but then I'd take a hit on gas and what not.
  • I am in the market for a new car and my husband and I thought we would give leasing a try. We have almost decided on a 2007 Jeep grand Cherokee with an X package. The dealer quoted us a monthly price of @389.00 with roughly 2500 down for taxes and fees. Does this sound reasonable. The term is 39 months 12,000 miles. I believe the purchase price is 34.155. Thanks
  • It seems like you got a good deal on the ltd. What do you think of the $459 with all rolled in except first month title and fees - about $700 down? I also got tow and chrome wheels.
    That's not a bad deal...you may be able to knock it down to 379 or 369, considering it's a 39 month..i have a 27 month.
    Seems like a good deal..I try not to put anything down except taxes and fees.
  • I am going to lease a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and as I was sitting to set the deal they asked me about purchasing a maintenance contract. The cost is $1400.00 and I was wondering if it is worth that price. The dealership said that proof of maintenance is required as of 2004 and that in the long run I would be saving money. Is this true? Thanks for any help in advance.
  • snisssniss Posts: 2
    sasuke

I'm in the market for a limited v8 also...what was the msrp of your vehicle?
  • I had heard about the maintenance contract as well. I just spoke to my salesman and he said that it is not necessary, but insures that you will get the vehicle maintained accordingly and if anything goes wrong then that repair is covered since they know that you maintained the vehicle. I would say DO NOT BUY THE CONTRACT. Just another way of them making money. Do your oil changes, tire rotations, etc and you will be fine. I just got oil changes, tires and loan a cars for life so... what else would I need? Don't let them sell you anything else. The seller makes a commission on the sale. I told the salesman "Don't even expect me to sit with 'that' guy". But, I have to and then I will walk out with the same payment. Don't be scammed by a scammer. Best of luck.
  • snisssniss Posts: 2
    how much should i pay over invoice for a 07 limited v8 non hemi....
  • Is this a good deal? 27 month lease with 3K down. Xppackage 4wd, MSRP 34,985, final cap cost 25,440.93 after down payment and rebate, money factor.00120 and payment 365 plus tax Next payment will be in 45 days, 2/1/07.

If not, what should i be paying? Thanks!
    3k down is too much..go for 2k down including taxes and fees with first month..
  • Perhaps my last post was in the wrong section.

Looking at JGC Limited 4WD with Sirius radio and U connect, MSRP is $38, 210 without U connect - dealer will absorb cost of adding U connect.

Buy price 36,417 in NJ.

I'm offered $469 per month, with $2800 down for 39 months. Money factor is 0.00181, residual is $19,105, 12K miles.

The inception cost by their calculation is $2971, which includes first payment, 4 years of registration fees (up front is new to me), Use Tax at 7% which is $1290, Rebate tax $245, + document fees .... There is one fee for window etching for $245 which I may be able to get out of if it doesn't truly reduce my insurance premium.

I don't see how the other folks get such cheap inception costs without it cranking up the lease costs. Maybe its the NJ factor.

All this is predicated on the current incentive that ends Jan 02. I don't need to rush into this, so I'm thinking I may do better in Jan or Feb.
  • thanks. I guess i am asking what my payment should be on an x package lease. vehicle MSRP is 34.985, 15K miles per year, 27 month. I have 3K cash to put down, so i guess that will cover 1st payment and fees, etc. they told me the residual value will be 17,842 after 27 months...

thanks, john
  • Seems high to me. I just leased a 2007 JGC Limited Hemi 4WD with chrome and tow for $459 no money down (1st month, title and reg down - about $700). 27 months - 12K a year. The sirius and U Connect is only about $600 - $15 dollars more a month at the most on a 39 month lease. I did have the $1000 coupon they just mailed out.
  • Do you live Tri-State NY/NJ from what I'm told we can't escape Use and Rebate taxes at 7%
    Damn, don't have the $1K voucher
This discussion has been closed.