Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Jeep Liberty. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• Car_Man:

Still shopping for the right small sport ute as I way waiting for the new RAV 4 in 2006.

What's the money factor and residual on the 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4? I'm in NY, need 24, 30, and 36 months and 10/12,000 miles.

Thanks,

Jack
  • jr32jr32 Posts: 23
    I am thinking about leasing a 06 Liberty Renegade 4x4. The lease price I got from the dealer is $300 per month for either 27 or 39 months (same price either way).

- $3500 down (trade-in)
    - $300 per month, includes all taxes, title, plates..... everything.
    - 12k per year. Plus all maint (oil.....)
    - sticker price for the Liberty is 27,705.
    - they figured in the $2500 incent, no security.

Does this sound like a good deal?
  • Hi Jack. If you were to lease a 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00212 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease should be .00289 and 57%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00289 and 54%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, don't forget to take the $1,500 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash, $2,500 total into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings jr32. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the truck that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

Is it reasonable to expect a $350/month or less lease payment on the following:

2006 Liberty Limited
    28G package
    Heated Seats
    Sunroof
    36 month, 12,000 mile lease

With the current incentives of $2000 lease cash and $1000 loyalty (I have a jeep now)

Right now, I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limted whose 39 month 15,000miles/year lease is expiring in January. I'm under mileage and the car is in excellent condition. The residual of my current car is about $12,500. I figure that the dealer could sell it used for 16-17K if they figured something where they bought out my car etc.

Taking all this in to account, I figure that a $350/month or less new lease payment is realistic.

Can anyone set me straight?
  • aaron_taaron_t Posts: 301
    Liberty has $2000 rebate + $1500 CFC Bonus + $1000 lease loyalty. Say you can get $1500 off MSRP, I think <$300mo is easy to get for 24mo/12k mile lease, maybe $250. I have seen Renegade (base X package + automatic) advertised for $1899 one time payment (plus taxes/lease fees). That includes an extra $1000 employee bonus cash + employee price which is about a 10% discount from MSRP.
  • thomaswthomasw Posts: 34
    I am negotiating a lease on a Liberty CRD, which will have to be ordered from the factory. If we reach a deal, the dealer told me that the lease money factor they are giving is only an estimate because Chrysler Credit won't lock in until delivery.

Is this true, or should I be concerned that the dealer is going to try to force me into a higher money factor when I go to take delivery?

THANKS!
  • dmjjpydmjjpy Posts: 11
    Car_man, could I please get the residual and money factor for a Liberty CRD 4X4 for a $0 down/24 month/12k miles lease?

Thanks!!!
  • Hi thomasw. what your salesperson told you probably is true. While some banks, like BMW Financial Services, will lock in lease programs on ordered vehicles, it is very possible that Chrysler Financial (now known as DaimlerChrysler Financial Services) will not. If you are concerned that the dealer that you are working with is going to try to mark your truck's money factor up, stop back and ask me what it is at some point during the month that you expect to take delivery of it. I will be happy to let you know what its lease program is like. You can confront your dealer with this information if they try to pull anything.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey dmjjpy. If you were to lease a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport Diesel 4WD through DamilerChrysler Financial right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00242 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • beth6beth6 Posts: 1
    hey car_man
    What can I expect the money factor and residual for a 2006 liberty CRD 4x4 0 down 36 months 12k miles Thanks
  • I see that you're considering a diesel, beth6. That's probably a good call. If I was in the market for a new vehicle, I would strongly consider getting one as well. If you were to lease a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport Diesel 4WD (the numbers for the Limited version are different) through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00242 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_man!

One other question, what is the current (lease) acquisition fee from DCFS?

In advance, thanks again!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome, thomasw. Unfortunately, a few months ago DaimlerChrysler Financial Services raised its base lease acquisition fee to $700 on all models. At least it no longer requires a security deposit on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi!

Car_man (and others),

Can you get me the current money factor and residuals on a 2006 4x4 Automatic Liberty Sport? For both a 27 and 36 month lease, with 12k miles/year? Jeep seems to be pushing the 27 month leases, and I'm trying to figure out which is better for me.

Thanks,
    Pat
    Here you go, Pat. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00191 and 51%, respectively. I haven't seen any info on 27 month leases of this truck lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • tmcamerontmcameron Posts: 1
    Hello Car man,

Have you seen any current money factors and residuals on a 2006 Jeep Liberty 4WD Sport or Limited for a 27 month lease, 15,000 miles/year? If you don't have any info on 27 month, do you have info on current 36 month leases?

Thanks!
  • A dealer is offering me the following deal.

2006 liberty sport
    2k down
    12k miles/yr
    27 months

total monthly payment is $200.

I need to know if this is fair?

Thanks!
    I certainly have, tmcameron. If you were to lease a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00167 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 Liberty Limited 4WD are .00179 and 47%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $2,500 lease cash on it. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello wickdwallflowr. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the truck that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums