Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan: I am looking at leasing a 2008 Jeep Liberty 4x2 fo 36 months or less. The MSRP on the car is $27,800. What should I be looking for with a MF and residual. What I have seen posted so far looks pretty bad. Thanks.
  • Hi kvoight. Let's take a look at this truck's current lease program. Chrysler Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00217 and 53%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash and $1,000 Chrysler Financial bonus cash that are currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey Car_Man,

Do you have residual values for the '08 Liberty Limited? 15K miles, not sure if I will get the 2WD or 4WD version, but will get the Premium II pkg and nav, for sure. I assume the money factor would be the same as the one you quoted earlier.

Thanks,
    ChiGirl
  • Hey ChiGirl. Here's the info that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00220 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Liberty Limited 4WD are .00223 and 51%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash and $1,,000 Chrysler Financial bonus cash ($2,000) total that are available on it. They will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man -

Can you help with an otherwise identical lease on the one above except for 12K and even 10K if they have it and it's a 4x4. So

Liberty Limited 4x4
    36 month
    low mileage 10K or 12K

Thanks!!!
  • Hi Car_man -

I am looking for residuals and money factors for a lease on an 08 Dodge Nitro, 4x4 SXT, MSRP $24,690 with 12,000 miles for 36 months. I also qualify for Daimler Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Preferred Pricing. Looking to go to dealer tomorrow so advice needed asap!

There is no Dodge Nitro forum so I am posting here and also in the Dodge Caliber forum.

Thanks.
  • 2008 liberty limited editon 4x4
    msrp 26500
    with the package the car comes to 29650
    999 down
    tax, title, license expense have to be paid separately for around 2,000
    375 a month for 36 months at 12,000 miles a year
  • mbklynmbklyn Posts: 1
    i have no idea about leasing i'm putting down 3000 on a 2008 jeep liberty sport 4x4 the sticker says 24500 now i seethat there's 3000 in rebates including my lease loyalty i was given a price of 260 a month for 36 months w/ 12000 miles a year can i do better please help
  • 2008 limited 4 x 4 with almost all of the options. window sticker is approximately 31k, and i would need 15k miles a year for 36 months.

does anyone know the residuals or money factors for a similar configuration?
  • Hi princetrod. You never mentioned the selling price of the Liberty that you are interested in. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If I was in the market for a 2008 Jeep Liberty right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice, after the $1,500 lease cash and whatever bonus cash is available in your region is taken into account. You can look up the exact invoice price of the truck that you are interested in by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mbklyn. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I see that you are considering making a $3,000 down payment on the truck that you want to lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

You never mentioned the selling price of the Liberty that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings jabella. Here's the info that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 53%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, don't forget to take the $1,500 lease cash that is available on it into account. Chrysler is providing additional bonus cash on this model in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • I was offered today:

$339 per month with a downpayment of $1000 ($1700 inc fees/taxes) on a 08 Liberty Sport 4x4 mrsp around 23000. Lease for 36 mnths and 12000 miles a year.
  • Hi. I just leased a 2008 Jeep Liberty 4x4 Limited, with all the options. I am not hear to discuss price or anything but just had some questions. I am having a lot of problems with the Liberty, and I am not completely satisfied now. One thing is a vibration the Jeep does, and I am told its on all of them, and Jeep is working on it, i have also had some other problems, and have been to the service dept twice already. Do you know how soon you can get out of a lease, or if you can end the lease if you are not happy with the car.
  • vspvsp Posts: 3
    I wish I had seen this forum before I signed the lease. Today I signed a 27 month lease for 2008 Liberty Sport (4 x 2), MSRP $22800 and the lease amount is $214/Month. I was charged $850 for Documentation + tax + tags etc. The surprise came to me at the end of signing all the documents. They added $425 as vehicle turn in fee. They did not disclose this item initially. I was not sure at that point, and as being first timer in leasing, I went along with it. After thinking over, I feel I was cheated. Is it common to add this fees in the leases? Also any advise on how to turn in the vehicle with out any issues, ie., do I have to worry about small scratches etc.
  • jplanetjplanet Posts: 1
    It's almost time to bring in my 2005 Liberty after a 27 month lease. That was $270/month, but I really need to cut costs this year. Is there any Liberty that I could possibly get for under $250, perhaps if I can find a 2007 still on the lot?
  • jeep and all major car companys started this 2005 and i agree it sucks i have 2005 grand cherokee.
  • Hello. I'm looking at possibly leasing a 2008 Jeep Liberty 4x4 Limited Edition and was wondering what the current money factor and residuals were on 36, 39, and 48 month leases for 15k miles a year. Thanks!
  • Car_man,

Could you tell me what the money factor looks like for a 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport & what the approximate residual value would be (36 months/31,500 miles)?

Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello chazsheen. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00258 and 51%. The numbers for a 48 month lease are .00271 and 41%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 lease cash that is currently available on it. There is additional bonus cash on top of this in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.