Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Jeep Wrangler. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• Hi. I am in the market to lease a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited, and I have successfully negotiated an attractive price with my dealer. However, my dealer has cautioned me to hold off, as Chrysler Financial currently has unattractive leasing programs.

Apparently, the new October 2006 program has a money factor of .00301, which does seem very high. The dealer claims that the Liberty also has a similar money factor, which is absurd, given the mass-market appeal of the Liberty. The dealer feels that the programs will have to be adjusted, so I should wait.

Does anyone know the facts behind this? Can someone independently provide residuals and money factors for 2006 Wrangler Unlimiteds?

Would it make sense to work a different financial institution?

Thanks, jeep111
  • Hi jeep111. Your dealer was right, DaimlerChrysler's lease programs on the Jeep Liberty and Jeep Wrangler are not very attractive right now. I wouldn't hold my breath for a great lease program on the Wrangler though. DaimlerChrysler rarely provides a lot of support on Wranglers, they seem to sell well enough on their own - even after all these years. If you were to lease a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00301 and 63%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • car_man
    those figures are exactly what i was quoted for an 06 x this week(nov.) with 1500 in rebates. residual being 14,842 on $22,086 price. this is without negotiating as i just wanted a baseline. I will be using the friends and family discount which i just found out i could get and now i see the free gas and maintenance incentives. Is there any reason to think that I should wait until december for better buy rate money facotrs and residual?
  • It's difficult to say what DaimlerChrysler's new December lease program will be like. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that it will probably be around the same as its November program, but only time will tell. If you haven't leased your Wrangler yet, feel free to check back with me in a few days and I will be happy to tell you what its new December lease program is like.

Car_man
    Host
  • Yes, i would be very interest to see what the lease rates are for December. I have gotten multiple quotes from various dealers for X, Sport and Rubicon models and numbers have varied considerably. Most interesting is the residuals from .63 for X to .57 for Rubicon. Although the price quotes at 26,508 for a Rubicon retailing for 30,275 sounded good with a lease of 349 plus tax and reg. fees sounds real high to me even with only 1000 down.

appreciate the help
    -mike
  • You're welcome Mike. If you were to lease a 2006 Jeep Wrangler X through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00301 and 62%, respectively. In fact, this is the money factor for a lease of any 2006 Wrangler this month. Its residual values vary by trim level from the 62% that I mentioned to 58% for the Rubicon.

Car_man
    Host
  • teasipteasip Posts: 16
    Car_man,

I am interested in what lease numbers are available for an '06 Wrangler (either Limited or Rubicon). I can lease two new Honda Pilots for what we are paying to purchase my wife's Lexus and am curious if I can get close with a Wrangler style as noted?
  • Hey teasip. Unfortunately, DaimlerChrysler never provides much in the way of lease support on the Wrangler. It sells well enough on its own that it doesn't have to. you never mentioned how long you need to lease this truck for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a typical 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon through Chrysler Financial right now for the aforementioned terms, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00317 and 57%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $1,500 lease cash on it. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi, my dealer just called and said my 07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X is ready for delivery. I want to lease the vehicle. My credit score is 710+. What type of lease could I expect to get for 39 months and 15k mileage per month?
  • What are the money factors and residuals on an 07 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4x4. This would be in the Cleveland region of Ohio. I am looking to lease this friday. Also, are there any incentives that I should be aware of? My F-150 lease is up and its time for something new. :shades:
    Thanks
  • Hi jeepguyut. Your credit is in good enough shape to qualify for Chrysler Financial's top credit tier. I would be happy to use its current lease program to calculate what your truck's monthly payment should be. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and the selling price that you have agreed to pay for it. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, mr_anton89. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00341 and 68%, respectively. As you can see, Chrysler Financial is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the Wrangler. It does not have any cash incentives on it right now either. This is usually the case. It always manages to sell pretty well without any.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car_man,
    I was looking to lease a Wrangler X, I saw one at the a local dealership, which was pretty much standard. They had the base cost of about $18,105 and the total price was $21,545. I have a honda now and the trade value according to edmunds for my car is $2000 over what the payoff on my loan is. So basically I am curious to see what you think is a good lease payment for me to pay. I would want a 3 year lease and 12,000 miles a year. I would also look to trade in my vehicle and apply the $2000 towards my lease. I am located in Florida and I went to the local dealership and test drove the car, but unfortunately the sales guy was somewhat clueless and I got a real bad vibe from him. So can you please advise me on what a good lease payment would be and how to negotiate this deal.
    -Brian
  • Car_Man,
    Dealer has offered me $24825 for a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x2 (MSRP $25865). I'm looking to lease, could you let me know what money factor/residual % is reasonable? I drive under 10K mi/year, so the lowest mileage program is best for me. 36 or 39 mos, whatever is best deal. My FICO score should be in the 720 range. Southern California. Thx.
  • Hi Brian. Unfortunately, DaimlerChrysler's lease program for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler is not very attractive. It never really provides any sort of lease support on this truck because it sells so well on its own. I suspect that the $21,545 price that you mentioned is this truck's MSRP. If so, you never mentioned its selling price. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the Wrangler that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the truck that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

As far as your Honda goes, there's nothing wrong with trading it in when leasing a new vehicle. However, it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I personally always advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicles. Consumers who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi smoscato. I would be happy to give you an idea of what the latest lease program for this truck is like. Your credit is in good shape, so you should qualify for Chrysler Financial's best lease program. Unfortunately, its best lease program for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler is not very good. DaimlerChrysler never really provides any lease support on this truck. It always seems to sell pretty well without any. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 4-door 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2WD with 10,500 miles per year are .00332 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00332 and 66%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • My wife and i are picking up our 07 wrangler unlimited sahara 4x4 monday. The dealer quoted us 420 on a 36 mo lease with 1000 down. Aq fee 700, MSRP is 27450, we paid 500 over invoice. I was told the best rate was .00385? Do they waive security? We have excellent credit. I am unsure about that fee and that rate. What do you think?
  • Hi caudill. $500 over dealer invoice is good price for this truck. However, something is not right about the factor that you were quoted. Chrysler Financial's lease money factors for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler are bad, but they're not that bad. Assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier, its current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD is only .00332. Chrysler Financial does not charge a security deposit on leased vehicles. It eliminated its security deposit requirement a couple of years ago when it increased its base acquisition fee on leases to $700. Make sure the dealer that you are working with uses the .00332 money factor to calculate your truck's monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • When I leased my 07 Unlimited I noticed on my papers that it said there is a $450 disposition fee if I do not buy or lease another new DCX product. I didn't make a big deal about it then, but I think I might have been taken to the cleaners.
    Does everybody else have this fee too?
  • I noticed that too, after the fact. I'll take it up when the time comes -- I think that if I bring it in below mileage, I can convince them to waive. Seems like you could make a pretty good argument that it's not enforceable since they snuck it in there...
  • Hi Car Man,
    What a great site. I'm glad I found it before heading to the dealership. Could you provide me with the money factor I'd qualify for if my credit score is 659? What range would I have to be in to get the best one .00332? I'm not sure if it matters but I'd like 36 month/15000 mile. Thanks!
  • Hello all, not sure if this is a silly question but, what happens if you get into a no fault accident while you're in a lease? Aside recovering money from your insurance company and repairing the car, would i incur additional charges from the dealership?
    (I am debating whether to lease or buy).
    thnxs much.

newjeepgirl
  • i'm interested in a 4 door sahara 2007 . mrsp is 28,845. dealer price for me to buy is 26,545.to lease what would be my montly payment. also i have a trade in which they are paying me 3000 over what i owe should i trade that vech in on a lease .i want a 36 to 39 month lease ,15,000 mile they did offer a 48 month 15,ooo at 443.
  • Hi. There’s a website for evaluating leases. Url is http://www.leaseguide.com/leasekit.cfm . I found it very helpful. You may want to email Al directly with your trade in / what you owe question. You can also buy the kit and plug in numbers yourself and it will evaluate your lease. (I’m still negotiating mine)
  • Hi mr_anton89. You weren't taken to the cleaners. Chrysler Financial charges a $450 disposition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Many banks charge this sort of fee nowadays.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello,
    Anybody know the money factor and residule value (for both 12,000 and 15,000 miles) on a 2007 wrangler unlimited X 4 door, 4X4 in new mexico? Also what other fees appart from the $450 dispo fee does chrysler add, and chysler only deals with closed end leases correct? Is is possible to include TT&L to the bottom line and add this to the lease?Thanks
  • kris301kris301 Posts: 13
    Hi,

My lease on a 03 VW Jetta is up in May and I am looking to lease a 07 2dr Wrangler. Does anyone know if it is wise to turn in the Jetta to Jeep so that they can pay it off. Are there hidden cost in this? Do I benefit in any way? Or is it wise to turn in to VW, pay the $350 turn in fee and start fresh with Jeep? The last payment on the jetta is in April, thats when I am looking to get the jeep. Thanks.
  • It depends on your payoff/buyout amount as to whether or not you should get rid of the Jetta now. Call your leasing company or dealer and ask for the payoff amount. You can get the payoff amount for the rest of your payments or the payoff on the car. If you just pay off the lease then you don't have to worry about trading it in, but you still have to pay the $350. If the payoff on the car is good, you can trade the car into the dealer. They may be an account fee for ending the contract early. Hope this helped.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi sinnombre. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4-Door 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00345 and 67%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. Chrysler Financial charges a security deposit equivalent to your vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment and a $700 acquisition fee at lease signing. Like most banks today, Chrysler Financial leases are closed end. Some states do allow lessees to add tax, title, and license to their vehicle's capitalized cost rather than pay them at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.