Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions

Comments

• fifafifa Posts: 2
    Thank you for your help.
  • I wish I had found this forum prior to leasing a Wrangler Unlimited 07 Jeep yesterday. While I thought I had done my homework based on going to a few dealers many of the questions that have come up in other discussions I failed to ask. So please tell me how bad did I get ripped off and do I have any recourse. I signed paperwork last night and am due back at the dealership this morning to have car detailed, ect..
    MSRP was 24,260. I put down $3,500 for a 27 month lease with 15K miles per year. Monthly payments are $429 per mo. w/ residual value of 16739.40.
  • mb789mb789 Posts: 89
    How did it work out with your Jeep lease situation? I thought someone would have responded to your question by now.
  • panzerpanzer Posts: 125
    Looks like you paid about a $3000 gotta have it now premium.
  • It is what it is. No didn't get any response. Any thoughts?
  • Do you think so? I agree since my lease was based on full MSRP, however after receiving several internet quotes and a visit to another dealership it seems like everything is in the same ballpark. I also can't understand how several friends of mine who are leasing Volvos and Saabs with higher stickerprices, less money down, and similar lease terms are paying less money in monthly payments. Even if I am paying full MSRP the car still had a sticker price of $24,749. Any insight?
  • You are after a hot vehicle and Chrysler knows it....I paid 9% on my lease rate, fought it, and got nowhere.....I have a friend who recently leased a BMW 7 series for 3.5%....The Unlimited are in high demand, and we are paying the price...

My deal: 70% residual, 10.500 mi/yr. 39 months....
  • I put a deposit down on a 2 door Wrangler X with a total price of 23,500. It just came in to the dealer so I am preparing to go pick it up and make the deal in two days. At the time of my deposit I ran some numbers with the dealer and with 2,500 down and 39months/12K miles, with tax/tags and 'everything' included the lease came out to $309/month. I'm very new to all of this and was trying to determine if I was getting a good price I've tried to run some numbers myself and what I actually seem to come up with is more than what I was quoted. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated since I am in crunch time.
  • felbie1felbie1 Posts: 14
    Every aspect of the lease terms changes the price. Im not so sure about Saab, but I know volvo has recently been offering like 9000-11000 as a lease incentive, and also they seem to have better lease terms, Having the 27mo lease could have an effect on your payment.
  • scottyb1scottyb1 Posts: 11
    Here's what I got. I think I got hooked up big time. It's a 2008 2-dr Sahara with the power package, hard top and Sirius. MSRP $26,630. On a 27/mo 12k/yr lease with only a few hundred bucks out of pocket my payment is $321/mo including 6% tax. This is a good deal huh? I didn't even get into money factor or residuals because the payment is well under what I was figuring on my own. Let me know what you guys think.
    Sounds like a pretty good deal, I never really priced out the 2 doors, or the 27 month lease so I guess it all depends, How much did you put outta pocket? Including First month, tags + titles and down payment? im paying right under 400 a month tax in for a 4 door sahara sticker at 28,000 39/12k, with all the options I could want with nothing down(other than first month and tag/title) The 2 doors seemed to have a higher residual maybe because theyve been out for so long and they know what they get for them, either way it Sounds like a great deal and enjoy the jeep :)
    I'm thinking of leasing a 2-door Wrangler (looking for automatic, hard top, and air conditioning package. Also,side airbags would be icing on the cake). I can't seem to find any with side airbags and roll-up windows, though. :( Found a couple with side airbags and plastic windows.

I'm located in Southern Ohio, and I'd like to hear about anyone's leasing experiences from this area -- anyone out there care to share?

Oh, I asked this question on another forum -- in Ohio do you have to pay all the tax upfront when you lease a vehicle instead of it being in the monthly payment? I read something that basically stated this. Thanks!
  • dfw1dfw1 Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 2007 sahara, 28,500 sticker with sale price of 27,000. i would like a 60 month lease with a down payment of about 2500. i asked sales guy to call me with monthly payment and residual, but can't get a return call. what kind of deal can i expect (in dallas area). thanks.
  • a 60 month LEASE?
  • I personally would not recommend a 60 month lease, I think the best lease options chrysler has is the 39 months and choose your mileage, I have no idea what the MF or Residuals are for this month, but to give you an idea, I had a sticker of 27850 and a sale price of 25726, no money down and 12k a year for 39 months and i pay 399 6.5% tax included.
  • My 08 Rubicon is in and I'm being told that the residual for the 08 rubicons is 65% and the money factor is .00318.What do you think ???? First I thought the residual is low since the 07s were 65% a month ago, and with the current fed interest rate cut I thought interest rates would get better. Any thoughts ?????
  • Hi lindam2. Chrysler never really has to provide much in the way of support on the Jeep Wrangler. It always seems to sell pretty well on its own (I personally love the 4-door version). As a result, Chrysler Financial's lease program for it is not very good. If you want to lease one through it right now you would have to use its standard lease money factor, which is right in line with the number that you were quoted. The residual value that you were told looks right as well. If you want to lease a Wrangler through Chrysler Financial right now, this is the price that you will have to pay.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    But its totally worth it :)
  • Yep. I leased my 07 Jeep Unlimited Sahara 4X4 in July of 07 and that is what I was also told. If I decided not to purchase another DCX product, I will have to pay the $450.00 fee. I am almost thinking I'd be better off to take out another loan on the remainder of the balance at the lease end if the residual is supposedly so great on the vehicle. Someone else mentioned that's what they were going to do as they felt they might be able to sell it outright for a little more money. I also leased a 05 Chevy Avalanche and they had the same thing..you owe a disposition fee if you turn it in and walk away.
  • Can anyone tell me the Chrysler money factor and residual for an '08 Unlimited Sahara 4x4 - 10,500mi/yr - 36 (or 39) month lease? MSRP $32,000, sale price $30,000.

THANKS.
    The sale price you have -- is this a "sale" or what you negotiated to? How did you get $2,000 off the price of an '08 Unlimited?
  • This was the negotiated price. $31,505 MSRP - negotiated to $30,000. But, I just learned about the $700 acquisition fee and the $300-400 document prep fee for the lease.
  • Hi Jon. As usual, Chrysler really is not providing any support on the Wrangler right now. As a result, its lease money factors are not very attractive. At least this is somewhat made up for by this truck's strong residual values. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD with 10,500 miles per year are .00314 and an astounding 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00321 and 67%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking for:

Money Factor and Residual Values on 24 month & 36 month for:

- 2008 Jeep 2-Door Sahara
    - 2008 Jeep 2-Door Wrangler X
  • Ordered the '08 4DR Wrangler Sahara Unlimited and should be in next week. Before I sit down with the dealer and finalize the numbers I want to go in prepared. Does anyone have the most recent MF for this car on a 36 and 39 mo. lease?

Thank you...
  • I'm looking for the money factor and residual for 2008 Wrangler Sahara, 2 door for 27 month and 36 month lease.

I have the January numbers, but need to see if it changed much for February.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks
  • TO JEEPGIRL25

Can you post the January numbers you have for that 2008 Wrangler Sahara 2 Door for both the 27 and 36 month lease (MF & RV)??

Thanks, I can atleast use them to get a range on the numbers until someone places the February numbers on here.

michael
  • In January, 2008 2-dr Sahara:

27 Month lease:
    Money Factor: .00304 Residual: 72%

36 Month lease:
    Money Factor: .00317 Residual: 68%
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, infoseeker1 :). Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00304 and 73%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00317 and 68%. The money factors for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Jeep Wrangler X 2-Door are the same, but its residual values are 71% for 24 months and 66% for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi sschaeffer. Cool truck. I've always liked the 4-door Wranglers. They remind me of the old Land Rover Defenders, which I've always had a thing for. Here's the info that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4-Door 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00317 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00322 and 64%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.