Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions

Comments

• Hey jeepgirl25. According to the latest information that I have seen, Chrysler Financial's current 24 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2-Door 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00304 and 73%, respectively (I haven't seen the 27 month numbers). The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00317 and 68%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car Man -

Thanks for the info. and great timing too. I am going to pick my car up today. This will be my first Jeep and really looking forward to it.

Scott
  • Thanks for your help. Its really appreciated. You're very helpful!
  • asd302asd302 Posts: 20
    I have 4 days to make a deal on a wrangler, I got the 36mo/15k numbers on the unlimited sahara from your post above, can you please provide me with the 24mo/12k, and 36mo/12k #'s?? Thanks Much, you've helped me several times!!
  • What a great forum! I am looking at a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD and would also be very interested in the 24/12K and 36/12K money factors-residuals.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to know whether Jeep still offers a college graduate rebate? I can't seem to find anything about it and I know that they used to do so.

Thank you so much!
  • pg822pg822 Posts: 12
    Does this make sense, everyone? I just got a quote on a 4 door, 4 wheel drive Sahara lease. They are quoting a 36 month lease (12k miles) with a residual of 65% (sounds good) but a .00397 money factor, if you have perfect credit. I have perfect credit and I find it hard to believe that this money factor is what is being offered. That equates to about 9.5%!!!!!!!!!! Any opinions?
  • 2-door Sahara, 27 month lease, 15,000 miles/year.
    MSRP: $ 27770 Selling Price: $ 24668
    Money Facor: .00323
    Residual: 72%
    Cash due at signing: $493
    Monthly payment $365.24 (includes tax, etc)
    I can pay the $600 destination charge up front to lower the monthly price to $343.

Sound good?!
  • pg822pg822 Posts: 12
    All

I got a money factor quote for .00397 for a 36 month lease on a 08 Wrangler Unlimited X/Sahara. I have perfect credit. Can anyone else confirm this quote for Illinois? Does Jeep/Chrysler normally give more favorable money factors in March due to the end of the quarter?

Thanks!
  • I'm new to the post. Can anyone let me know what the residual and buy rate money factors are on a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted Rubicon Lease (4dr). I am Looking for the correct numbers for 24 and 27 month leases.I will either be doing 10k or 12k miles per year. I live in Boston and want to make sure I know these before heading to the dealer. Thank you!
  • Does anyone have money factors and residuals for Wranglers and Wrangler Unlimited models?

I am thinking about leasing either a Wrangler X or Unlimited X, 36mo, 15k per year.

I read a post above where someone got a great lease deal on a Sahara. Is the program better for that model than the X? Any help is much appreciated.
  • asd302asd302 Posts: 20
    2008 Sahara Unlimited 4x4

MSRP $31075
    Sale price $28205
    MF .00254
    RES 72%
    Terms 27mo/12k
    Due at Signing $527

Payment $393 includes 9% tax

Should I pull the trigger??
  • That looks like a pretty good deal. I can't get dealers in my area to discount less than $1000 off of sticker.
  • 2008 Wrangler X

MSRP $24880
    Advertised Dealer Discount -$1461 bringing it to $23419

MF and RES, 15k/yr for 36 mo's, $1k down?

Anyone think I can get the sale price down more?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, Scott .

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, jeepgirl25. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hondamattnj. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler X with 15,000 miles per year are .00265 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4WD are .00265 and 66%. If you are a current owner or lessee of a Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $750 owner loyalty cash that is currently available on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man,

2008 Jeep Wrangler X

MSRP $24880
    Purchase Price $23250

Quoted by dealer:

LMF .00325 / 69% residual
    $1500 down
    Monthly payment in the $330 range

Bologna?

Here's what I don't get? On the Jeep website, using Chrysler Finanacial "estimates" plugging in the same numbers (term, miles, down pymt) w/ a sale price actually higher than the negotiated one, I get $270/mo.

Total hose job?

Is there any conceivable/legit reason there MF is higher than what I've seen listed?
  • woodhoutwoodhout Posts: 3
    Car_Man,

I am interested in leasing a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4x4, either Sahara or Rubicon. Can you please provide the current MF and residuals for 12k/yr and 27 months lease?

Also, what is Chrysler's current policies for existing Lessees who lease an additional vehicle from DCFS in regards to first payment, security, and turn-in fee (when not entering into another DCFS lease)?

Lastly, I get a Chrysler employee discount. What is the order of precedence that I should use in figuring the lease as I take into account rebates, employee discount, etc when figuring residual and applying MF?

Thanks!
  • tvacek36tvacek36 Posts: 2
    kingsmen99,

Just signed a lease 4dr Unlimited X 4WD

Window = $26,405
    Purchase = $25,000
    39 mo, 12,000 with the following factors

Residual = 67%
    MF = .00286
    Down Pay = $1141

Monthly Payment = $276.99

Got hosejob offers simular to yours at 3 other dealerships, then just gave the last one the numbers that had previously been posted by buyers (67% res, .00317 mf, $300 over invoice) and they came back with those numbers excactly and 200 over invoice (25,100). Told them I would pay right then if they knocked my payment down $30/mo, they did $28 and I'm rollin in a wrangler now. Ended up getting 100 under invoice and .00286. That was without any incentives or discounts. Made it easier as I emailed them the deal first before even going in to cut the high offer BS out of it. Other dealerships said the jeep site wasn't "accurate" and that it was underpriced. The one bought at said its pretty accurate and shouldn't sway much. Jeep website is @ .00317 mf & 67% res.

Something is up with your numbers b/c if you type them into a Lease Calc (leaseguide.com) your payments w/o tax with the numbers you gave should be $220/mo.
  • That's a great deal when you think about it. A $26,000 car for $276 a month for 39 months. Regardless of the relationship to invoice. I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger on one pretty quick. Congrats and enjoy the car. What color did you get?
  • tvacek36tvacek36 Posts: 2
    Yeah, I couldn't turn that deal down. Its black...was looking for a white one but unless you can afford a Rubicon its pretty dam hard to find one. Ryan Scheckler (pro skateboarder) has a sick white one, white hard top(can't get from factory), all juiced up. More of a pretty ride than anything but its pretty sick. Couldn't find white (they used to sell Sahara's in white w/white hard top) but no more, so I had to go black w/black. What you looking into? Its hard to tell if the deals will get better or worse as Gas is going up the 2 hole, but summer is around the corner and the removable top will have the Wrangler getting a lot more looks. Definately a great buy though as there is nothing out there like it. Had a 92 Wrangler for 9 yrs and loved it, had a car for a bit over a year and couldn't take it anymore, had to go back to the roots and couldn't be happier. Good Luck with your dealing
  • ggrg0515ggrg0515 Posts: 2
    After shopping around for the last week the best price I can get on a loaded 4-door rubicon is as follows.

MSRP: 35,025
    Sell Price: 33,000
    Residual: 63% (36 month 15K miles)
    MF: .00296

$490/mo

First + Tax (NY 7.75) + Fees = 1996.79

The only thing I don't get is that I was quoted different MF and residuals at different jeep dealers. Best MF quoted was .0018 but they would only come 1000 down on the MSRP. Best residual was 65%but again only come off MSRP 1500 so there payments were not quite as good. Are they just playing with the MF and residual but really discounting car more?

All quotes were on 15K/yr and 36mo.

Any thoughts or help appreciated esp if Car_man could chime in with May's numbers?!?!
  • hondamattnjhondamattnj Posts: 53
    Sounds like they may have been buying down the money factor with the extra profit they had from only discounting the car $1000-1500.
  • ggrg0515ggrg0515 Posts: 2
    That's what I was thinking but what about the overall deal anyone?
    Here's the information that you're looking for, woodhout. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease (I haven't seen the 27 month program) of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00276 and 63%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD is the same, but its residual value is 65%.

Chrysler Financial no longer charges security deposits on leases, regardless of whether you are a returning lessee or not. I'm sure that it will waive its $425 disposition fee for a returning lessee, but I doubt that it will waive its $700 acquisition fee.

Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and any factory-installed options. The formula that is used to calculate lease payments is outlined in the following article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • hondamattnjhondamattnj Posts: 53
    Does anyone know what the credit score ranges are for each Chrysler Lease tier?
  • jeepbuyerjeepbuyer Posts: 1
    Looking for MFs and Residuals:

Wrangler X and X Unlimited
    39mo/15k

The sales guy keeps trying to push me into leasing a Sahara saying it leases better. But I'm not sure.
  • flanesflanes Posts: 1
    jeepbuyer,

I just picked up my new lease on Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Saharra...had a little more on it then I expected. I first visited with our local dealers and received a less then desirable quote. So, decided to do everything on line and found that to work out.

MSRP $31,750
    36 Month Lease
    15K Miles
    Down Payment: $1,350
    Monthly Payment: $350.12

Sorry I don't have the Money Factor, Residual Details, etc. I believe they just introduced a $1,000 rebate for the month of June.

Hope this helps!
  • Can you give us a breakdown of what the down payment included?
    Greetings to the appropriately named jeepbuyer. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler X with 15,000 miles per year are .00294 and 65%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Wrangler X Unlimited 4WD is the same, but its residual value is 64%. The Wrangler Sahara's money factor is the same as well, but it probably leases a little better because its residual value is a little higher at 67%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.