Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks chuck68516. I believe that Chrysler is referring to a lease through an independent bank. It no longer offers leases, even standard ones, through Chrysler Financial, but it is providing special incremental cash incentives for leases through outside banks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I'm looking at the '10 Wrangler 2-door Sahara models. Anyone have insight on what the money factor & residual is? Thanks for your help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi scott60625. I believe that the only Wrangler model that Jeep is providing lease support on right now is just the base Sport 2 Door (an extremely attractive 0.15%). If you want to lease any other variant of this truck, you will have to use GMAC (that's who Chrysler runs its leases through now, weird huh?) standard lease rates, which aren't great. Its standard rates vary by region and credit score, but you're probably looking at 5.5% to 6% at best.

GMAC's current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Wrangler Sahara 2 Door with 15,000 miles per year is 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • krwest1krwest1 Posts: 66
    edited April 2010
    Car_man,

What is the money factor for the Islander version of the Wrangler Sport? Is it 0.15% also? What is the 36 month/12k mile residual for the Sport with and without Islander package? Also, what is the acquisition fee for GMAC?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Hi Kevin. Chrysler is currently only providing lease support, the 0.15% lease rate, on the Sport 2 Door version of the Wrangler. I suspect that the addition of the Islander package does not have an impact upon this truck's residual.

I believe that GMAC charges an acquisition fee of $795 on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Car_man. I went ahead and leased a Wrangler Sport w/ S Package at the end of last month. The total interest over the life of the 36 month lease is $82. The acquisition fee was $795, which is higher than it used to be, but it is what it is.

The one thing that I found odd is that the lease-end purchase price on the contract is $14,691.20, which is $2500 higher than the residual of $12,191.20. The finance manager said that this is something that GMAC is doing now on their Jeep leases. Have you heard of this before? I have always turned in my leases, so this isn't too concerning for me, but I am still curious.
  • solo1969solo1969 Posts: 1
    krwest1, if is not to much to ask, how did you pay at time of signing in order to have a monthly lease of $82......
    I didn't say that the monthly payment is $82. I said that the total interest over the life of the lease is $82.
    No problem, krwest1. It's funny that you mention the fact that your vehicle's purchase option price is $2,500 higher than its residual value. We were just discussing this issue internally a week or two ago. It really is an unusual policy, but it does indeed seem to be real.

I can see the benefit of doing so from the manufacturer's perspective...they would rather have a lessee purchase or lease something new than buy out their old vehicle and continue to drive it for a number of years. Still, I would think that this policy would upset quite a few lessees. Interesting.

Car_man
    Host
  • joshmu89joshmu89 Posts: 1
    My lease is coming due 10/11/10. I have an '07 Silver Wrangler X with the hard top and larger tires, etc. It currently has around 32,500 miles with my lease allowance at 34,150. So I will be over a 1,000 or 2,000 by turn in time. My question is whether I should buy it at $15,150 plus $150 fee (I've seen similar models listing for upwards of 20k). Or turn it in for $450 plus excess mileage ($200-300 extra). I love the Jeep but ready to part ways because of fuel efficiency and the fact that my job requires me to drive to client's houses and I am looking at sedans now. A few notes, I was in an accident, and the front axle was replaced (drives great but may be on carfax report). Just trying to make a sound financial decision here. Any suggestions??
  • I am looking at leasing a Jeep Wrangler Sport (2 door) - automatic.

Does anyone know whether a hard top comes with it, or how much the additional package would be? I live in Charlotte so not sure whether I need it, any advice is welcome!

I am looking at a 36 or 48 month lease, whichever keeps me in warranty.

I don't know anything about leasing so I'm wondering how much I should be expecting to put up as a down payment (plus up front fees) and how much monthly payments might be for a basic "no frills" edition?

I would like my monthly payments to be between $200-$250 or less, and I can afford to throw down around $3000 or so.

I saw recently discussion, re: GMAC and Chrysler Financial...is one better than the other?

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to fill the tank? (just wondering)

Oh, and is it expensive to insure a Wrangler?

(Sorry my questions are so elementary, I haven't drive in 5 years since I was living in NYC)
  • New Jeep Wrangler Mountain 4X4...

Need MF
    Need RV

Thanks
    Hey apdspider. Chrysler's lease program on the Jeep Wrangler is strange. It is only providing support on the base trim level, the Sport 2 Door, which has a special lease rate of 0.15% available on it. If you want to lease any other Wrangler through GMAC, you would have to use its standard lease rates.

Car_man
    Host
  • If you could please tell me what the residual is on a 36 or 39 month lease at 12 or 15K miles on a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon I would really appreciate it.

I have a 2008 right now and just got back from the dealer considering a trade-in. They told me the residual was only 50% on a 36 month lease which sounded way low compared to some #’s I have seen on the web (63-67%). However the money factor was solid at .0019. They are offering the vehicle at invoice with an additional $1K loyalty rebate.

They said that GMAC and Chrysler Financial are not doing leasing anymore and they use US Bank who uses a national residual guide and that it was non-negotiable.

The thing that’s driving me nuts is that when I put all the #’s for the deal into the Edmunds lease payment calculator it comes up with a $450/m payment (including tax) they are telling me at the dealer my payment is going to be $550 on a 39 month/12k lease with $6K down (I am upside down on my current lease so a big part of that is buying out of my existing lease). I can’t figure out what could be causing the gap in payment from Edmunds to them which makes me think they are hiding something.

I look forward to your response. Thank you.
  • Hi dlowenth. Chrys;er's lease program on the Wrangler is strange. It is currently only providing support on one trim level, the Wrangler 2-Door Sport. I suppose that it has lease support on one trim so that it can advertise a payment on the Wrangler, but doing so is somewhat misleading because there's no lease support on any other Wranglers. It doesn't really make sense to lease any Wrangler but the one that has the special available on it right now.

If I was in the market for a Wrangler, I personally would probably finance it using Chrysler's special rates of 0% for 3 years or 3.9% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • nank78nank78 Posts: 1
    Hi dlowenth. I just leased a 2010 Wrangler Sport 2 door through US Bank and it seems the 50% residual the dealer quoted you is legitimate, as that is the residual in my lease contract. However, my rent charge over the life of the lease is only $230 which converts to a money factor of about .00014, so I guess that somewhat will make up for the heavier depreciation.
  • Carman:
    Would you know if there are any lease incentives currently on the 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited? If not would the lease figures be for the 2011 Wrangler Sport 4X4

Thanks
  • Hi belvette. Unfortunately, I actually don't think that Jeep is providing lease support, or any incentives for that matter, on any Wrangler trim levels right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • does anyone here possibly know the lease rates for a 2011 jeep wrangler 4 door unlimited sport for US Bank? 36 and 39 months and also the money factor?
    I need 12k miles per year

thanks in advance
  • Hopefully somebody can help. I'm looking at a 2011 Rubicon and have been offered the follwing internet deal on a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year and $1,000 down payment:

MSRP: $39,340
    Sales price: $36,806

Monthly payment $637 which includes tax.

Is this a good or bad deal? The payment seems very high to me?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.