Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions

Comments

• jlh4480jlh4480 Posts: 2
    Car Man,

I hope you're floating around somewhere and can provide some information. Jeep is running a lease special on the Wrangler Sport. This would seem to indicate that there is some pricing support and special money factors/residual in place that are normally not provided. (I made sure to read your previous posts before posting! ;) )

Do you have the residual and MF for the $299 lease special they are offering?

Thanks in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're absolutely right, jlh4480. Chrysler dramatically increased its support on the Wrangler last month for some reason. In fact, one can finance a 2011 Wrangler right now at 0% for up to 5 years. That's unheard of on this model.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2-Door with 12,000 miles per year are 0.44% and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Now is definitely a great time to get a Wrangler.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Car_man! I know that there are some good deals on the 2011, but I am interested in the new engine/transmission they have in the new 2012 and was wondering what these brand new versions would lease at. I am assuming not so well since its a major upgrade and they are just hitting lots now but one can hope. Thanks for the info!

Chris
    Hi Chris. Chrysler has not published a lease program for the 2012 Wrangler yet. Perhaps it will when it introduces its new programs next week.

Car_man
    Host
  • saabguy914saabguy914 Posts: 20
    edited September 2011
    Car man, do you have the numbers for the 2012 Wranglers? I'm looking to lease a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 6MT with 12k miles/year. Thanks!!
  • Anything? I could really use the lease support numbers. Thanks!
  • Hi saabguy, my local dealer gave me these numbers. 36 mo. 12k residual is 58%, 39 mo. 12k 56%. Deduct 2% for 15k. Lease rate quoted was 4.74% but according to my research there may be some markup in there. Hopefully car man can confirm or correct these numbers. Thanks
  • jwmanjwman Posts: 2
    Any one have numbers to share around residual and MF? 36 month/12K? Looking to get this weekend and can't help but feel like the lease prices are way out of whack. $500-$600+

Know the 2012 are only a few weeks old, but anyone have any thoughts here??

Car_Man, please help a brother out.
  • jwmanjwman Posts: 2
    Just got a deal proposed for $450/mos. with $3K down. For a fully loaded (nav, leather, etc) 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Thoughts? Is this a good deal?
  • What dealership- that's exactly what we want. Is that with friends and family discount?
  • Hi saabguy914. No more Saabs? I can't say that I blame you, I've always had a craving for a 4-door Wrangler myself. Unfortunately, Chrysler is not providing lease support on the '12 Wrangler yet. There is still lease support on the '11 model though.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jwman. The last time that I checked, the lease program for the 2012 Wrangler was not available yet. I'll ask around and see if anything has changed.

Car_man
    Host
  • amric1amric1 Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Hi Car Man,

Are there any incentives or lease figures available for the 2012 Wrangler Unlimited - Sport or Sahara?

I need something by year-end with 36 months/15k. I remember in the past, Jeep has had some motivating factors for either a 28 or 39 month period as well.

Thanks for any info you can provide!
  • Carman -- I was wondering if they announced the Leasing programs for the 4DR Jeep Wrangler. I am looking at leasing one for 36months or 39 months for 12K per year. I know they have 0% financing for 36 months, but I also thought I read they might extend that to 60 do you know if this is true?
  • zyaaaaazyaaaaa Posts: 36
    I know Jeep backed away from leases for a while but I see lease numbers all over their site now. Are they leasing again?

Also, does anyone happen to know the credit score requirements for their lease programs?
  • dragon5126dragon5126 Posts: 9
    edited March 2012
    To me Leasing a Jeep is like renting a Steak... the real fun is in cooking it... you cant build up a leased vehicle...
  • Where??
    stevenspencerelliott@gmail.com
    I would really like to know where you got this deal offer at.
  • sgelbergsgelberg Posts: 1
    looking to buy a jeep wrangler sport, can anyone give me a sense of what a good lease deal looks like on these cars.
  • Hello sgelberg,

You may want to contact Ally Financial Inc. who handles all Chrysler Leasing since Chrysler Financial no longer exist.

Here is their contact information:

Ally Customer Service Center: 1-800-200-4622

Lisa
    Customer Care
    Chrysler Group LLC
    Unfortunately, sgelberg, there really isn't such a thing as a good lease on a Jeep Wrangler right now. Chrysler is not currently providing any lease support on this model. As a result, if you were to lease one through its captive finance company Ally, you would have to use its standard lease rates...which are terrible.

If you really want to get a Wrangler right now, you will either have to pay cash for it, finance it through an independent bank or finance it through Ally at 0% for up to 3 years.

I love Wranglers...they just aren't great vehicles to lease.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.