Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR3 Lease Questions

Comments

• cegceg Posts: 1
    I am a returning leasee and the dealer's first offer is as follows:

2006 LR3 V8
    navigation, xenon, cold weather, bluetooth
    sticker 51,450
    discount 4,000
    sell price 47,450
    30 months/ 10.5k miles/ 1,782.13 up-front / 613.13 per month includes sales and property tax of 47 per month.
    money factor is 00152 residual is 68%

Is this a good deal relative to what others are seeing?
  • I went to a dealership yesterday in NJ and signed the papers to lease a loaner LR3 V8 SE with 5-6000K miles.

It has a Cold Air Pkg,3rd Row,Satellite Radio and Bluetooth. The MSRP was $50,000 and they're giving it to me for $44,900.

After $1,000 out of pocket, my monthly payment is $495 for 30 months.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether or not this is a good deal?
  • ehnjehnj Posts: 20
    genef4363

I am working with the same dealership in Woodbridge, NJ on a V8 SE loaner with 5K miles. I've got an MSRP of $54,925, capitalized cost of $48,197. Residual is 65%, money factor 0.0016. Monthly cost for a 30mo - 15k lease is $599/mo. $495/mo looks like a great deal. How many miles/mo are you getting. What is your residual and money factor?
  • CarMan,

I have a 2007 HSE with pretty much all the options ordered and expected in the next 3 or 4 weeks. Do you have any info yet on MSRP, residuals, money factors, etc. for this model? If not, when do you anticipate having this information as I would like to hear your thoughts regarding getting the best lease deal on this 2007 vehicle before going in to the dealership to pick up the car.

TIA,
    Mark
  • You're very welcome, ehnj. No, it doesn't really matter whether you get a brand new LR3 or a loaner, especially if you plan on entering into a lease that is shorter than its warranty. The only problem that I have with loaner vehicles is that I personally usually find that dealers are not willing to provide enough of an additional discount on them for me to personally justify going with one over a brand new vehicle. Unless I am getting a tremendous deal on a demo, I just personally would rather have a brand new model that no one else has driven. Again, this is more a matter of personal preference than anything.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi gables. The dealer cash that Land Rover is currently providing on the 2006 LR3 is not compatible with Land Rover Capital Group's special lease program. You can only take advantage of the dealer cash if you pay cash for or finance this truck. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted look good to me. You might want to shop around or negotiate a little more on this truck's selling price though. You;re getting a $2,200 discount on this truck, but I believe that there is a spread of over $4,000 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Land Rover LR3: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi sdrad. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 3rd Row with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Congratulations on your new truck, Richard. I;m glad to hear that you got such a good deal. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi sgtbigtoe. Given the fact that the dealer cash is not available on leases of this truck, unless you have one of the $1,500 certificates that has been mentioned I doubt that you are going to be able to negotiate a selling price that is below dealer invoice. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the LR3 in your area, but you will probably have to be at least $500 to $1,000 over invoice for this truck. You may be able to get additional feedback on how much you should pay for this truck by visiting the following discussion: "Land Rover LR3: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi genef4363. The truck that you described has a spread of around $4,400 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $5,100 on it. This is below dealer invoice, which is an excellent deal on a lease of this model, even for a truck that already has 5,000 miles on it. The monthly payment that you were quoted looks good too.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • elbo1elbo1 Posts: 2
    Car_Man This is my first time leasing a car , I have excellent credit. I have been qouted $51,800 for a 2006 LR3 SE .3rd seat,climate package,bluetooth,sat radio, heted w/s, minus $ 7,000.00 "incentive" add back dvd kit $2,500,roof cross bar,$325,rubber mat$ 398. 36 months /15k miles , %45 residual, $899. Seems high what am I missing?
    Thank you
    elbo1
  • I have the following offer on the table:
    2005 LR3 HSE, NAV, 3rd Row, heated seats, 23k miles.
    $37,000.00 Giving 7k trade in, for a lease of $490 a month for 5 years. The leasing company says that I should be able to get into another lease with equity in 3 years. I am concerned about the length of the lease.

Thoughts?

Hector
    Austin, TX.
    I took delivery of my LR3 on Monday.

LR3 V8 SE7 loaner w/ 5500 miles, 30 mo lease w/ 15k miles/yr

Pricing details as follows:

MSRP : 54925
    Capitalized Cost : 48035 (includes $597 in taxes)
    Residual : 63%
    Money Factor: .0016
    Monthly payment: 580

Thanks CAR_MAN and fellow LR3 buyers, you helped me make this a pleasant buying experience with no surprises at the dealership. The only feedback for improvement I have is the frequency of dialogue in the forum.

Good luck w/ your buying experience! The LR3 is an excellent ride!
  • elbo1elbo1 Posts: 2
    ehnj
    Thanks for the information.
    I am looking at a similiar deal in terms of the car, price and residual % ; $49,931cap cost,
    %65 residual ,30 months ,15k miles, with a lease payment of $961 , if my math is right that's less than %4 int. I am a first time lessor and feel like I am getting a bad deal relative to yours , any suggestions?
    elbo1,

what is your MSRP, and what did you get for a money factor. Sounds like you should be in the $700 per month range.
  • 2006 LR3 HSE
    SATELITTE RADIO
    STICKER $54100
    CAP COST $51750
    30 months/ 15K miles/ $3000 OUT OF POCKET/ $699+TAX PER MONTH.
    MONEY FACTOR 00143. RESIDUAL 62%

THIS CAR HAS APPROX 200 MILES AS IT WAS USED IN A GOLF TOURNAMENT LAND ROVER SPONSERED FOR TRANSPORTATION OF PLAYERS.

DO YOU THINK THERE IS ROOM TO MOVE ON THIS DEAL CONSIDERING ITS PRIOR USE, AND THE FACT THAT IT IS A 2006? PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS ONE.
  • CarMan,

Forgive me for reposting, but I never got a reply to the question I posed a few weeks ago.

I have a 2007 HSE with pretty much all the options ordered and expected in the next 3 or 4 weeks. Do you have any info yet on MSRP, residuals, money factors, etc. for this model? If not, when do you anticipate having this information as I would like to hear your thoughts regarding getting the best lease deal on this 2007 vehicle before going in to the dealership to pick up the car.

TIA,
    Mark
  • Hello,
    Actually, the dealer has much better rates and residuals through premiere lenders. Go to the dealer, you will see.
  • MSRP is $95,350 with DVD. Dealers are selling at $15,000 to $20,000 over MSRP in California, New York, and Miami.
  • Socaljagrover,

Maybe I've confused things by saying "2007 HSE". I'm speaking about a 2007 LR3, not a Range Rover. If you're joking about the price you've listed as being for an LR3, I guess I don't get the joke. Even at $15 to $20K over MSRP a 2007 LR3 in HSE trim with all the ammenities (including DVD) would be in the $75K range. Incidentally, I wouldn't be willing to pay that much for an LR3 in any market.

If I'm misunderstanding you, please forgive me.

Mark