Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR3 Lease Questions

Comments

• lr3maybelr3maybe Posts: 134
    I have a certificate that will save you $2000 or $1500 I will sell. Make your email address public and reply and I will email to you. I can send you a scan of the certificate and the cover letter if you would like to see it.

There is a place on the certificate where I can sign and transfer it to a friend.

Exact wording on the certificate is as follows:

Save $2000 on a new 2007 Range Rover HSE*
    Save $1500 on a new 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE**
    Save $1500 on a new 2007 LR3 V8 HSE, SE, or V6 SE

*Offer valid on purchase or lease of a new, previously untitled 2007 Range Rover HSE (excludes Supercharged model) from 4/16/07 to 6/30/07. **Offer valid on purchase or lease of a new, previously untitled 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE (excludes Supercharged model) from 4/16/07 to 6/30/07. Offer valid on purchase or lease of a new, previously untitled 2007 LR3 V8 HSE, SE or V6 SE from 4/16/07 to 6/30/07. Present this certificate to Retailer and take delivery from Retailer stock by 6/30/07. These offers may not be combined with any other private purchase offer. Limit one redemption per household. These offers exclude demonstration vehicles and service loaners. For current lease customers, these offers may not be combined with the Early Lease Termination offer. See Retailer for complete details.
  • bethrbethr Posts: 51
    please send it to me i am buying this weekend- bevieruck@aol.com please send asap
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey suvcurious. This truck's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. Let me know what the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the LR3 that you want are and I will gladly use Land Rover's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be for you. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "Land Rover LR3: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi britman4. You never mentioned the selling price of the LR3 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi chrislr3. Land Rover is waiving the first month's payment and providing $595 lease cash on all 2007 Land Rover LR3 V6 models right now. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but you never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the exact LR3 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jhblum1. Are you interested in the '07 LR3 SE V6 or V8. It matters which one it is because their lease programs are different. Either way, I personally would shoot for $500 or so over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives and see what happens. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "Land Rover LR3: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

You definitely should be upfront about the fact that you want to trade in your current Land Rover when you lease your new one. Just make sure to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Beth. This truck's lease payment will vary depending upon what sort of monthly payment you negotiate on it. Look up the dealer invoice price for the truck that you want in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site and try to get as close to that number as possible making sure that you take advantage of the $1,730 lease cash that is currently available on the '07 LR3 V8 SE. If you let me know what selling price you come up with I will gladly use Land Rover's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    the car is v8 se black with sirus and lighting packing- he said he was selling for a little over invoice- the deal we can get is 2995.00 down and 24 months at 539.00 plus tax the car is stickered at 50,500- they say there are no incentives- we also have 3 more months on the lease and they were going to buy out but now said it expired- is it a good deal-
    let me know if this a good deal or what i should do- lr3 hse 57.600- the down payment 3600.00 first month payment is paid by dealer- this is 12,000 miles- 24 months the payment is 66659 including 7 1/2% taxes- i also have to pay the 3 months left on my old lease-
  • chrislr3chrislr3 Posts: 8
    HSE 07 with all options except HD
    final adjusted cap cost is 54,685
    Residual cost is 29,945
    30 mos instead of 24 also
    0 down & 19,500 miles
    Thanks for the additional information, bethr. When you were told that there are no incentives on this truck, the dealer was either confused or lying to you. Land Rover is currently providing $1,730 lease cash on the 2007 LR3 V8 SE. This means that a selling price that's slightly over dealer invoice is really more like $2,000 over invoice once the lease cash is taken into account. There's still some room to play with there, so it wouldn't hurt to try to get the dealer to come down a little more or to comparison shop a little bit. You don't have anything to lose by trying. Also, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Land Rover Capital Group's current 24 month buy rate lease money factor of .00188 to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi chrislr3. You still haven't told me what this truck's full MSRP is. This number will show me how much of a discount you are being given on this truck. By looking at the selling price that you were quoted it does not appear as though you are being given much of one. If that is the case, you should comparison shop a little bit to see if you can get a better deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    SO THE 666.00 A MONTH FOR 24 MONTHS AND 3900 DOWN SHOULD COME DOWN- IT IS THROUGH LANDROVER CAPITAL- MY CONCERN I HAVE 3 MONTHS LEFT ON A LEASE AND THEY WON'T PAY IT- SHOULD I WAIT UNTIL THE LEASE IS UP OR IS THIS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE- IT IS ON A 57,000 HSE-
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    Ahhh now wait we can't use that 1,730 lease cash to reduce the price of the car.

We can use it as cap cost reduction or to cover inception costs.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,599
    The effect is the same... If you reduce the CAP cost by $1730, it is no different than reducing the selling price by the same amount.. right?

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

No, not really as CAP cost reduction is taxed and when you reduce the selling price you pay no tax on it.

Depending on your state it will a different effect on the lease payment.

In this example for my state that makes a $103.80 difference with 6% sales tax over the length of the lease. Depending how the lease is structured that might increase every payment by a certain amount or just increase the amount due at inception.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,599
    Gotcha... okay.. almost the same amount.. ;)

Sort of like a rebate, then..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Basicly yes that is what lease cash is. It is an important differance because you have those accounting type people that will work a lease backwards trying to account for every penny in it and that much money would be more then enough to kill a deal for them.

I have told the story of the guy who killed a deal and threatened to sue us and Land Rover for charging sales tax on the property tax portion of the lease payment that Land Rover collects. Even after I sent him a copy of the CT law that says we are required to tax the property portion of the lease payment he was still not happy.

This was only 6% of $82.00 a month on a 30 month lease for a $82,000 Range Rover. It was less then one percent of the monthly lease payment and he was SCREAMING at me over the phone about how what we are doing is wrong and illegal and we will be getting a letter from his lawyer. :confuse:

Never got that letter by the way.
  • notanothernotanother Posts: 5
    If I have read the recent posts correctly, there is $1730 lease cash available on '07 LR3 V8 SE's and a money factor of .00188. I am looking for a 24 month lease, 24000 miles. Can you tell me what the residual percentage should be on the base model? Also, how much longer is the $1730 being offered? I am trying to structure an offer and would appreciate this and any other information that might be helpful. Thanks
    Got a message from the sales guy we leased my wife's last car from. How does this sound: 2007 V8 SE with Tec package, 24 months, 24000 miles, $2000 down, payment of $537 + tax. He didn't leave any other details and wasn't there when I called back.

Anybody got specifics on a recent deal in Orange County, California?
    what was the sticker on this car? how many months left do you have on your lease?
    Sorry carman my mistake. the MSRP is 56,500
    what is your payment
  • sparchsparch Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

I just got my wife a 2007 LR3 HSE with luxury package, sat radio and free mats. We leased it for 24 months/15K miles per year, $3000 total out of pocket. The monthly payment after tax is approximately $741. The 1st months payment was included, and we used the $1500 Land Rover USA coupon to supplement the $3K out of pocket, which means we only gave the dealer $1500 cash. I think we did ok, however I wanted to get your opinion on this deal. Let me know.
    what was the sticker? did you have something left on your lease?
    $52,450 sticker. Nothing left on lease of current car.
    How did you get the Land Rover USA $1500 coupon?
    one more question- what did he sell it to you for-
    selling price 52,800 sticker 56,100- 24 months x 664.00 3600 down- i also have 2 months left on my lease- what should we do-
    payment 950
This discussion has been closed.